Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hand Row
May 28, 2001

euphronius posted:

PG is real shallow. Lots of teams have absolute garbage at #2 and #3 PG.

And he got benched for #3 PGs MCW and Grant!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

Bashez posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EU5iHoN5tk

Check out this screen to send the game to overtime. It's amazing.

its plays like this that make me wonder about the new unspoken rule of never letting games be decided by free throws.

on the one hand its really cool that refs are letting teams play it out and make victory come at the hands of a successful shot,

on the other its getting really absurd to the point of ridiculous the amount of blatant illegal play that goes on during those last plays.

no one wants games won or lost at the line, but its equally frustrating to watch bullshit wrestling shenanigans every time.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Shear Modulus posted:

Rondo has one more year on his contract and the Bulls management doesn't seem like they'd be the types to have a player on contract but not on the team, even when that's the thing they should do.

There is a buyout option for $3 million.

roundmidnight
Jul 9, 2010
I don't understand why people think free throws are the worst thing ever at the end of games. It's a guy going to make a shot to make or win a game! Sure, he probably makes it more than he misses as an average NBA player but it's still a wildly stressful situation.

RaySmuckles
Oct 14, 2009

:vapes:
Grimey Drawer

roundmidnight posted:

I don't understand why people think free throws are the worst thing ever at the end of games. It's a guy going to make a shot to make or win a game! Sure, he probably makes it more than he misses as an average NBA player but it's still a wildly stressful situation.

they come across as too subjective

ie, superstar drives the lane, gets the whistle, other team never stood a chance.

its cool that things are different now, but its leading to shitloads of unintended bullshit that just upset the losing team as much/more

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

Time posted:

He was a complete non-factor on offense but they really went nuts with the threeball so it's understandable. He boxed out the flimsy looking dudes from the other team and nabbed some great o-rebs. His D seemed good but it's hard to evaluate that in real time for me, tbh.

He doesn't seem like he's ready for prime time yet.

Nice, thanks

roundmidnight posted:

The joy of basketball for me is in the variance, the interplay of 5 dudes trying to stop 5 other dudes from doing something. Free throws can definitely be suspenseful when it's a close game with a team that you care about, but without the personal stake they're just not interesting.

Also I realize I'm posting this with a Harden avatar but I'd much rather see The Old Sleepwalker drill a stepback jumper or pass off for a nice three, which he does sometimes.

Mostly I'd just like to see the rules changed to reduce fouling that is solely to add possessions to the game.

chunkles fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Jan 3, 2017

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
The Mavs are going to ruin their lottery spot this month, get ready.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

Shear Modulus posted:

Patty Mills gonna get paid this offseason.
Better be by the Spurs. If we go into the next season with Patty gone yet Tony's still there I'm personally invading France, love for Bobo, wine, and Gaspar Noe be damned

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Shear Modulus posted:

Patty Mills gonna get paid this offseason.

e: isnt this draft supposed to be loaded with guards

None of em can shoot worth a lick

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

https://twitter.com/BobCooney76/status/815975986848210945

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

This doesnt seem like a redgrendel2001 post
seems more like a Greengrendel1002 post

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

NickRoweFillea posted:

None of em can shoot worth a lick

They're not going 40%+ but their 3p shooting has been a lot better than most people expected

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Top tier effort if you ask me

https://twitter.com/JoshEberley/status/816078665087913984

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Not one short fat white guy on the floor, has Philly learned nothing?

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Better be by the Spurs. If we go into the next season with Patty gone yet Tony's still there I'm personally invading France, love for Bobo, wine, and Gaspar Noe be damned

I do hope my boy stays. The money will be there once Manu's 14M comes off the books but he might want to start which would probably involve going elsewhere.

The next fun offseason for the Spurs is gonna be after 17-18 when Pau and Tony's big contracts end. Depending on what happens this offseason they may have room for a max (I think, I don't claim to be an expert).

Shear Modulus fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Jan 3, 2017

skeletons!
Mar 28, 2013
N: http://ittybittyballers.ca

V: want that raptor ridin' JV

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

the dabbing one is incredible if you want everyone you know to despise you

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Knicks are utter trash now I was wrong

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

EvanTH posted:

Knicks are utter trash now I was wrong

harden killed them all, the last casualty of 2016

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i can't believe giannis murdered baby sabonis

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Here is the murder https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/816104841441411072

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

He's so lanky it doesn't really feel murderous, just unstoppable

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Giannis cheats at gunbound

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
I don't think there's another player in the NBA that would or could go for a dunk there based off of the direction he was going, the defense and where he jumped from. Everyone else would prolly put up a little floater.

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

can someone dig up the posts making GBS threads on Giannis true believers because they are very good

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
That vine turned me into the second Bucks fan on earth.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Jimmy G Buckets

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

jimmy butler with the second best 50+ point game by a jim in the nba this week :smugdog:

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

Spoeank posted:

That vine turned me into the second Bucks fan on earth.

Last year's dunk on Ibaka was better

https://twitter.com/mkebucksnation/status/706585343785574400

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

The Bulls' Jimmy Butler is the eighth player with a 50-point game this season. The others are James Harden, Isaiah Thomas, DeMarcus Cousins, John Wall, Klay Thompson, Russell Westbrook and Anthony Davis. This ties the most players with a 50-point game in a season in NBA history (2015-16 and 1989-90).

No random Corey Brewer so far.

So from what I'm told, Greak Freak plays more of a rim protector while Jabari plays more of a perimeter defender which is interesting.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
That is true. Jabari is awful off the ball and gets lost quickly in rotations, but he is OK on the ball. Also Henson is loving terrible so they need Giannis to play rim protector and he is great at it. Monroe has actually been good this year but is better served as the offensive focal point in the second unit. Probably roll the dice soon with Plumlee but he is garbage.

Third Giannis highlight, I apologize for nothing.

https://twitter.com/Bucks/status/816094545440022528

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

what did i do to you to deserve seeing serge die again

de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

in the two times ive watched the bucks, monroe's been straight up rubbish. wasteman imo.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
wait, why did they pay plumlee 4 years/50 million if you're not going to play him

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

inx posted:

in the two times ive watched the bucks, monroe's been straight up rubbish. wasteman imo.
wasteman indeed

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Monroe is very efficient and is in better shape so he rotates better on defense. Still ground bound but at least rotates.

Plumlee is secretly the worst contract from this offseason. He started the year but soon fell out of the rotation. There's a wasteman.

Thon Maker owns though but has no idea what he is doing right now. Sweet three point shot though.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

straight up brolic posted:

can someone dig up the posts making GBS threads on Giannis true believers because they are very good

It'll probably be a ton of quotes from me, so just save the time and call me an idiot

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
That Giannis dunk on Sabonis is loving absurd.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005
Harden Rockets Bitch

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Henchman of Santa posted:

He's so lanky it doesn't really feel murderous, just unstoppable

Pretty much. I don't know if any other player in the league can do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Hand Row posted:

Plumlee is secretly the worst contract from this offseason. He started the year but soon fell out of the rotation. There's a wasteman.

Even worse than Turner?

• Locked thread