Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

eonwe posted:

gently caress.

I still don't get it. Is it just that someone lined up the high tide point on a pylon or whatever with the horizon?
Did i spring the trap?

Feenix posted:

I got some power slot mystery item re: On The Comms.

I have 1/5 items dropped from the Red Legion. I am all over Nessus blasting Red Legion Cabal and they are dropping gently caress and all.

Any hot tips?

I seemed to only get drops on the dudes outside of the well of flames. Probably just luck though, i killed a butt-ton of dudes. Low drop rate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I still don't get it. Is it just that someone lined up the high tide point on a pylon or whatever with the horizon?
Did i spring the trap?

I seemed to only get drops on the dudes outside of the well of flames. Probably just luck though, i killed a butt-ton of dudes. Low drop rate.

I actually got 4 of them (thus completing) in the Cistern Lost Sector. In about 3 minutes time.

Now I have to "await the world eater"

Guw
Jan 10, 2013

Did everyone else get a bunch of free stuff at the real money merchant lady?

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

How do you get nightfall tickets?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme

Soulex posted:

How do you get nightfall tickets?

random handouts for now.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Carmant posted:

I'm honestly scared to even boot up the game with these gauntlets still in. I don't know if I could really take that kind of abuse right now.. what if I start to self harm again? The fact that Bungie is delaying this and potentially putting more lives in danger is seriously making me question my purchase.

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Did i spring the trap?

loss.jpg

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Anyone need nightfall now? PSN Soulex13

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

This has come up a few times before. The issue is that a good 60-70% of Titan's playspace is in the biosphere where only a couple of missions and a strike takes place. The rest of the outdoor activities have been crammed onto the two rigs outside. The activities just need to be spread out a lot more.

Still a good and cool place though

I agree and disagree. Titan has 4 adventures compared to the crazy double digit amounts on earth, and you're right most of the planet is dungeon space like the extensive off-map zones on the other planets. I guess they could put a drop in point on the central part of the arcology, but I feel like it would probably mess up all the missions where you walk I'm there and something different and big is happening in that space. I think it has to be dungeon space, not regular world space.

The rig and the other zone have some pretty dense layers and spaces that aren't really used well. I fell into some platforms I don't remember being part of any mission or anything, but I don't know if it's because the place is kinda confusing or if they're really unused.

Titan is just too small and has too little going on. The aesthetics and music are awesome though.

CheeseFactory
May 12, 2009

MAYBE A DINGO ATE YOUR K/D
Titan exotic chest armor that reloads auto rifles and sweet business.

Lol so good for pve

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I got the Titan exotic anime legs earlier, and I think I really dislike them A LOT. It really changes how you can move around and gives you radically more control and jump duration, but I think the way it's implemented (?) is bad. It feels like that same loose and stronger freedom of movement is also applied to knockback effects, and because those effects are a strong as gently caress impulse normally when you wear the legs it's outta control.

I was getting boss stomps that would knock me back twenty feet but with the legs I was getting blasted completely off the map. Situational at best. Probably wanna pick a setup that minimizes being in melee range. I tried doing some public events and after dying like that 3-4 times I just went fuckkit and went back to the autoloader armor.

One thing that's interesting to compare is the autoloader titan armor and the warlock boots. Titan only loads the autorifle that's in your hands, but it constantly reloads. Warlock reloads your energy weapon even if you're not holding it, but only as long as you're sprinting. Both are pretty cool.

Brine
Aug 3, 2007

CheeseFactory posted:

Lol so good for pve

Kicking myself for not grabbing that when I was leveling my titan instead of the dumb spiked shoulders. It would pair so well with hard light.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
The third overflow Playstation clan is full. Can we get another one going? I want to play with goons and get those sweet, sweet clan rewards.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Huh, I didn't realize turning in faction rep had a chance of giving you an exotic.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
So Cayde's journal pages are going to amount to something eventually right?

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
yeah, glimmer

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

CheeseFactory posted:

Lol so good for pve

Only downside is the ammo reloaded scales based on magazine size. So a slow firing big magazine ar is the one to keep an eye for.

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

yeah, glimmer

It's like 500 nah

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Question about drops that I'm kind of confused on: it sounds like drops are determined solely by your light level, but then people are saying that it's calculated based on all the stuff in your inventory / stash too. Does that mean that even if I equip a weaker weapon and my light stat goes down, my drops are still based on the what my highest light *could* be? Because right now my most powerful kinetic and energy weapon are both hand cannons and boy it fuckin' sucks.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Question about drops that I'm kind of confused on: it sounds like drops are determined solely by your light level, but then people are saying that it's calculated based on all the stuff in your inventory / stash too. Does that mean that even if I equip a weaker weapon and my light stat goes down, my drops are still based on the what my highest light *could* be? Because right now my most powerful kinetic and energy weapon are both hand cannons and boy it fuckin' sucks.

They scan your inventory and your vault to find the highest power level valid loadout possible, so if you had a 288 mida and a 290 graviton Lance it would find your next highest kinetic to calculate the level of your drop, in combination with your other gear slots.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Conflicting reports on whether the +5 legendary Mods in your weapons/armor affect your drops.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

From pages ago, but I had an automatic high impact blue scout rifle that I used the short range sight on and it loving murdered. Scouts are good imo

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

God drat do I love random qeueing into 4 clanmates all using the mida mini tool

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
You guys are triggering me so hard calling it a Clan and not a Fireteam

I'm so triggered

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

hiddenriverninja posted:

They scan your inventory and your vault to find the highest power level valid loadout possible, so if you had a 288 mida and a 290 graviton Lance it would find your next highest kinetic to calculate the level of your drop, in combination with your other gear slots.

There is a limit though right? All my guys are at or around 280-285 now so everything that isn't "powerful gear" engram rewards or from an exotic engram is coming out at 279 for me. Powerful gear is 288 and exotics seem to have a bit of variance, either coming out at 284 or 288.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

xzzy posted:

If it's like D1, the benefit is there but it's very small. You can jump a bit higher with max agilitiy/mobility than if you have it zeroed out.

Only time it was ever a thing though is when people were trying to climb to the top of felwinter's peak.

Haven't figured out if D2's implementation is different but it doesn't feel like it.

I find having enough mobility is more effective than going all in, at least for warlock. Had a balanced armor set and mobility set and comparing the two I would say a balance gives more survivability to my play style. One was all fives and the other was like 8 2 5 and the lack of toughness sucked balls. If you're able to play in a way that takes advantage of the increased speed it would be worth it, but it's not for me. The difference between the two was instantly noticeable but hard to put in words.

Mobility is important for titans too. If you have anything at real low numbers you're nuts or some kind of Zen master player imo.

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011
Is damage based completely off of power level? If my power stays at 280, does it matter what the power of my weapon is?

Real weird progression in this game. I don't feel much stronger than when I was leveling up. My guns are way cooler and I look like a badass though.

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Extremely Important News: there is a live cat in the Tower. I've been sitting on this info for days but am only sharing it now. Sorry.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
The top crucible dudes are currently going for 8-10 in Resilience (Titan) and Mobility (Hunter), while Warlocks aren't really going any higher than 7 on Recovery.

Titans seem to favor recovery over mobility, and Hunters recovery over resilience. Lots of pro titans with 0-1 mobility, and hunters with 1-2 resilience.

Warlocks are sort of at like 3-3-7 for the most part.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Extremely Important News: there is a live cat in the Tower. I've been sitting on this info for days but am only sharing it now. Sorry.

I'm going to need to know the location of said cat immediately.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
clan xp required for level 3: 125,000

clan xp cap per week: 100,000

go gently caress yourselves, bungie!!!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO posted:

Can you kick it like the purple ball?

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

PathAsc posted:

Mods, ban this sick filth.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Linx posted:

Tbh the monetisation seems like rebellion against activision who no doubt demanded it be in the game in some sort. Who the gently caress in their right mind would pay for cosmetic engrams when the game shits them out every half hour

I saw a dude buy nearly twenty in a row yesterday. It was just streams and streams of [some dick] found a bright engram in the left corner.

This was in the farm before beating the main campaign.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I spent $50 on Silver, AMA

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I spent $50 on Silver, AMA

how many exotic ships and/or sparrows

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Twist And Pout! posted:

Is damage based completely off of power level? If my power stays at 280, does it matter what the power of my weapon is?

Yes and no. If you equip a 10 damage weapon and are still at 270 light, you are going to be doing way less damage than if you had a 270 weapon also. However, you're still going to be doing way more damage than if you had all level 10 gear. Damage scales based on the level difference between you and the enemy you're fighting (even though uou aren't shown that level), but the attack level of your weapon is a major factor in that calculation.

PathAsc posted:

Reported.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Emalde posted:

how many exotic ships and/or sparrows

1x exotic ship, 1x exotic sparrow, 1x exotic emote, 1x exotic weapon skin

I got Ghosts from almost every single engram.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

clan xp required for level 3: 125,000

clan xp cap per week: 100,000

go gently caress yourselves, bungie!!!

Absolute lmao. Well Ill enjoy my engram glitter abahahahhaba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo