Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Crazy Ferret
May 11, 2007

Welp
Imperial Guard!
Inquisition who come in and bully said Imperial Guard.
A small but growing amount of Deathwatch who help enable said Bullying.

Also I started Death Guard with this edition cause man these minis are awesome and such a welcome relief in painting rank and file Guardsmen.

And nothing else, god and wallet willing.

Edit: Top of the page snipe! Here is a recent picture of my Guard about to mess up some Custodies. The Commissar swears it went really well and everything was fine (It was not fine.)

Crazy Ferret fucked around with this message at 00:00 on Sep 13, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Enginseers are now HQ units for AdMech.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
Aw. Was hoping for some customizable Skitarii Alphas.

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
You guys listing different space marine chapters like they are different factions are kind of proving his point. I know they have different factions, but get real they're all just marines.

Orks and Guard

Arven fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Sep 13, 2017

Skails
Feb 24, 2008

Born-In-Space
Necrons- about half the army is from the original release when there were only five units. Then some stuff from the first codex release and resculpts. Something like 1600 pts.

Imperial Guard- combination of steel legion and catachans. I'm painting them as an urban combat force including assassins and a couple Ministorum guys. About 1400 pts.

Skails fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Sep 13, 2017

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

goose willis posted:

You know what? Let's have a little survey here.

Respond to this post with all armies that you officially play with, meaning you can field one in a legal match under current rules.

Emperor's Children
Craftworld Eldar
Tau
Dark Eldar (but they're in another continent right now.)

I used to have Dark Angels as well, but I sold those before Plasma became awesome. :doh:

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?
Ultramarines

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Orks.

Speckled Jim
Dec 13, 2008
Imperial Fists
Tzeentch Demons

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

goose willis posted:

You know what? Let's have a little survey here.

Respond to this post with all armies that you officially play with, meaning you can field one in a legal match under current rules.

Blood Angels
Necrons
30k Death Guard (Now 40k Chaos Space Marines)
Orks*
Eldar*

*Have not played these armies in 8th edition yet.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
OK NERD BOYS

Survey is now over and I've collected all replies prior to my post and if you didn't get to me in time then you're a rotten potato

Give me a few minutes to ggplot some graphs

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
I completely forgot I played Ad Mech, then reminded myself as I tripped over their carry case as I stumbled to find a midnight snack.

The Omnissiah's wrath is unexpected and brutal.

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Lmao, that's some lazy poo poo. (Also, I totally thought they already were HQ.) Hopefully they didn't bump up their cost.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
How is it in any way lazy? They took a unit which makes perfect sense as an HQ and made it the captain equivalent HQ choice. How is that lazy?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Sanford posted:

I did a space monster.

This owns

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
There are a lot more Blood Angel players in here than I thought

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

World Eaters (extensive)
Emperor's Children
CSM Pirates
Space Marines
Necrons
ORKS
Imperial Guard
Daemons
Elder and Dark Eldar (very low points levels)
Deathwing

I sold my full Sisters army off about two years ago.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

146 armies total, methodology was that I manually sifted through the posts of you assholes and sorted everything into sub-faction, faction, and over-group, so things like Sisters of Battle or Inquisitors got lumped into something like Imperial Agents which is the only way to make them make any sense OK

I will come up with better plots sooner or later but for now here are your preliminary numbers

HMM I WONDER IF THERE'S A BIAS

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

In this Picture:
Imperial Guard
Knights
Ad Mech
Inquisition

Not Pictured:
Deathwatch
Blood Axe Orks

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

goose willis posted:

Who wouldn't start with the cheapest, most iconic, and easiest to paint army?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

146 armies total, methodology was that I manually sifted through the posts of you assholes and sorted everything into sub-faction, faction, and over-group, so things like Sisters of Battle or Inquisitors got lumped into something like Imperial Agents which is the only way to make them make any sense OK

I will come up with better plots sooner or later but for now here are your preliminary numbers

Lol tiny wiener graph.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

goose willis posted:

See, I knew you were going to do that. I knew from the moment you brought it up. "He's going to use this to 'prove' his idiotic theory that the thread is unfair/hostile toward non-Imperium armies.

You loving goober.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Pendent posted:

There are a lot more Blood Angel players in here than I thought

And we're all waiting for something worth talking about....

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

With how the [timg] tag works you might want to open the bigger plot in a new tab because the format of the forums can be a bit wacky

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Corrode posted:

All the guys in the current four painters series are excellent.

What is this you speak of?

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

Naramyth posted:

That is probably the most insulting thing. Let them shake your hand, not the other way around.

I'm just saying, probably a good thing that I've only won two games in the last decade. When I'm winning I have no idea what to do.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

You would have to come from a very specific or well informed place to not start with Marines.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

See, I knew you were going to do that. I knew from the moment you brought it up. "He's going to use this to 'prove' his idiotic theory that the thread is unfair/hostile toward non-Imperium armies.

You loving goober.

The only "proof" here is that you care too much about my posts just loving lol

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

With how the [timg] tag works you might want to open the bigger plot in a new tab because the format of the forums can be a bit wacky

Mate you gotta deal with your comically small graph. You're a big boy. Well you're not but...

Booley
Apr 25, 2010
I CAN BARELY MAKE IT A WEEK WITHOUT ACTING LIKE AN ASSHOLE
Grimey Drawer
With all your data how about a graph of how many people have loyalist marine armies and nothing else? Given that they've been in every single starter box ever, and are the main focus of most art, and are the most iconic army it makes sense that everyone would have them. It would be more interesting to know how many people stick to nothing but marines, and how many people branch out (and how many people don't have marines at all)

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Zuul the Cat posted:

What is this you speak of?

Tale of Four Warlords series in WD at the moment.

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat

You loving goober.

show me where he said that, cause it sounds more like

goose willis posted:

The only "proof" here is that you care too much about my posts just loving lol

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

Yeah, cause the Imperium loving owns.

Now adjust the graph to be representative of how many armies are imperium. Out of 29 armies available on the GW web store, 15 are Imperium, with 7 of them being Space Marines. Of course the majority of players are going to play Imperium.

These findings shock me. SHOCK ME. :downsbravo:

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012

Booley posted:

With all your data how about a graph of how many people have loyalist marine armies and nothing else? Given that they've been in every single starter box ever, and are the main focus of most art, and are the most iconic army it makes sense that everyone would have them. It would be more interesting to know how many people stick to nothing but marines, and how many people branch out (and how many people don't have marines at all)

When I was first starting, I wanted to go with Necrons. The fine folks at my Friendly Local Games Store pointed me toward Space Marines because they said it would be easier to learn with them!

....2000 points of Blood Angels later, it turns out they just all thought Necrons were cheesy and didn't want to play against them.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

When I have some more time later this week I will work on enhancing the data set with other things from the posts and I will make better plots

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Imagine trying to poll goons about the armies they play, and not just making a graph about it, but scheduling time later in your week to make more detailed followup graphs to prove a point.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

:yeah:

Zuul the Cat
Dec 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

When I have some more time later this week I will work on enhancing the data set with other things from the posts and I will make better plots

Please don't.

Tale of Four Warlords series in WD at the moment.

Ah, thank you. I just subscribed, so i'll catch up next month!

Xarlaxas
Sep 2, 2011

Who speaks for the Man's cub?

goose willis posted:

I actually think it will be interesting to see how many of the responses are Space Marine only, or if "everyone" has Space Marines because of cheap starters, and then collects something else too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Could someone concisely state the point Goose Willis is making and why it needed, or what spurred him to make, a survey and statistical analysis to discover space marines are the most popular faction tia.

Oh and to potentially clarify/legitimize/make my opinion superior this is what I play, in order of collecting:

Orks
Khorne Daemons
Renegade Guard
Nurgle Daemons
World Eaters
Word Bearers
Renegade Titans/Knights