Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
I lost my Championship by 10 points. I started Doug Baldwin, Nick Chubb, Melvin Gordon, and Travis Kelce. Any one of the CJ Anderson, Jarvis Landry, or George Kittle on my bench would have won me the title.

gently caress Week 17 Championships, and gently caress Fantasy Football.

Oh well, it was a good run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

barnold
Dec 16, 2011

what do u do when yuo're born to play fps? guess there's nothing left to do but play fps. boom headshot
I'm making GBS threads right now. Kittle's last minute bullshit TD gave me an extra 10 points I wouldn't have otherwise had. I'm only down 2 points right now with Andrew Luck and Adam Vinatieri left in play. My opponent only has Derrick Henry. Let's loving go Air Andy

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Poque posted:

I just beat my former team in the semifinals :getin:

congrats to me and the team I definitely drafted entirely myself and didn't trade for

(I ended up 0.3 points ahead of my old team over the two week championship)

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I lost all my week 16 championships

I had a good run to first loser at least

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
4peated my dumb neighborhood league with a week 17 championship, despite starting Woods, Thielen and Anderson. I was projected to lose by 30. Better lucky than good, I suppose.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
Later, Sark’

:FREEJULIO:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

congrats to those who won, and congrats to those who didn't, you still played well :shobon:

I'll miss this thread in the offseason, looking forward to my second year of fantasy football and football watching

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I owe Beer Sheets another year. I didn't win any of my leagues but I was in the playoffs in all of them.

Also, homerism aside, I was right about keeping Mahomes over Cousins and that's what I'm taking from this year.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Beer sheets are insanely good and more useful to me than a thousand articles

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Glad they helped out!

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Beersheets are great until you convince yourself that all the players you like are worth an extra $5 each and you end up with Derrick Henry and Dalvin Cook for 43% of your budget. This is not a shot at Beersheets but at my own terrible prep work outside of it :)

(welcome to my Lessons Learned notebook, 2018)

edit: gently caress you derrick henry for ending as RB13 after scoring 26 pts in the first six weeks

Poque fucked around with this message at 19:59 on Dec 31, 2018

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Poque posted:

gently caress you derrick henry

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Glad they helped out!

You basically earned me my $600 in my BML.

Also no, I won't be sharing

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Suave Fedora posted:

Later, Sark’

:FREEJULIO:

I mean Julio had a pretty good year, even touchdown wise.

Still...

Suave Fedora posted:

Later, Sark’

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

poly and open-minded posted:

You basically earned me my $600 in my BML.

Also no, I won't be sharing

It's cool.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

Yoy didn't read the fine print of the sheets that says B4tBG gets 1% of all winnings of everyone who used them

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Next year will include an EULA specifying an arbitration clause and usage fees.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

weird Asian candy posted:

I mean Julio had a pretty good year, even touchdown wise.

Still...

Yeah, 2nd best year for Julio and Ryan. I'm not really sure what else you'd want to see there from a fantasy perspective.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

Ben Nevis posted:

Yeah, 2nd best year for Julio and Ryan. I'm not really sure what else you'd want to see there from a fantasy perspective.

He was especially great in my yardage milestone bonus league. Extra 3 points every time he hit 100, plus another one when he hits 150.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

ZenVulgarity posted:

Yoy didn't read the fine print of the sheets that says B4tBG gets 1% of all winnings of everyone who used them

I won -$50 and I'm happy to share

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

For some reason, after starting George Kittle all year and having him crush it, I decided to bench him for Adam Humphries in the Week 14 semi's, where he went on to score 30 points. Had I started him, I would have won the semifinal match, and outscored both teams who went on to play in the championship. This single bonehead move cost me $350.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Since fantasy football is over and I know we all still want to talk about it, I'll throw my dynasty conundrum up for debate. I've posted about this league plenty of times, but for a refresher, it's a PPR salary cap dynasty league. 25 man rosters (Not including 3 IR and 3 Taxi slots). Salaries increase by 10% or $1 each season (Whichever is higher). The salary cap is $250.

Here is my current roster (prices shown are what players will cost NEXT year, after the salary increase)

QB:
Andrew Luck $14
Jared Goff $4
Jameis Winston $2

WR:
Antonio Brown $56
DeAndre Hopkins $29
Alshon Jeffery $23
Demaryius Thomas $23
Michael Crabtree $19
Allen Robinson $13
DeVante Parker $5
Robby Anderson $4
Devin Funchess $3
Dede Westbrook $3
Marqise Lee $2
Curtis Samuel $2
Equanimeous St Brown $2
Jake Kumerow $2

RB:
Joe Mixon $23
Mark Ingram $12
Phillip Lindsay $10
Sony Michel $9
Nyheim Hines $5
Rex Burkhead $5
Dion Lewis $3
Justin Jackson $2

TE:
Hunter Henry $4
Eric Ebron $3
Will Dissly $2

TAXI SQUAD (Does not count against Salary Cap or Roster Spot Cap)
Robert Foster $2
Deon Cain $2

My draft picks for next year:
THREE 1st round picks (Two of them will be either $17 or $15, the third will be $13)
TWO 2nd round picks (Will be either $11 or $9 each)
ONE 3rd round pick ($5)
TWO 4th round picks ($3 each)
ONE 5th round pick ($1)
ONE 6th round pick ($1)
ONE 7th round pick ($1)
Giving me a total of between $74 and $82 cap space needed to use my picks (However they are voluntary and I don't HAVE to use all of them)

Sooooo.... I need to cut A LOT of salary.

My thoughts:

Crabtree, Thomas, Jeffery, & Ingram are overpaid and should be cut/traded. Antonio Brown is probably going to have to be traded, as much as that pains me. I should probably try to trade some draft picks for some cheap young players.

Anyone have any advice? This is gonna be miserable to figure out.

RCarr fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Jan 3, 2019

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I remember a little while back someone said they're in a league with offensive linemen and non-fg kickers.

How are those positions scored? And is there a scoring scheme for every position on the field, offense and defense? A league with every position seems interesting to me.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

RCarr posted:

Since fantasy football is over and I know we all still want to talk about it, I'll throw my dynasty conundrum up for debate. I've posted about this league plenty of times, but for a refresher, it's a PPR salary cap dynasty league. 25 man rosters (Not including 3 IR and 3 Taxi slots). Salaries increase by 10% or $1 each season (Whichever is higher). The salary cap is $250.

Here is my current roster (prices shown are what players will cost NEXT year, after the salary increase)

QB:
Andrew Luck $14
Jared Goff $4
Jameis Winston $2

WR:
Antonio Brown $56
DeAndre Hopkins $29
Alshon Jeffery $23
Demaryius Thomas $23
Michael Crabtree $19
Allen Robinson $13
DeVante Parker $5
Robby Anderson $4
Devin Funchess $3
Dede Westbrook $3
Marqise Lee $2
Curtis Samuel $2
Equanimeous St Brown $2
Jake Kumerow $2

RB:
Joe Mixon $23
Mark Ingram $12
Phillip Lindsay $10
Sony Michel $9
Nyheim Hines $5
Rex Burkhead $5
Dion Lewis $3
Justin Jackson $2

TE:
Hunter Henry $4
Eric Ebron $3
Will Dissly $2

TAXI SQUAD (Does not count against Salary Cap or Roster Spot Cap)
Robert Foster $2
Deon Cain $2

My draft picks for next year:
THREE 1st round picks (Two of them will be either $17 or $15, the third will be $13)
TWO 2nd round picks (Will be either $11 or $9 each)
ONE 3rd round pick ($5)
TWO 4th round picks ($3 each)
ONE 5th round pick ($1)
ONE 6th round pick ($1)
ONE 7th round pick ($1)
Giving me a total of between $74 and $82 cap space needed to use my picks (However they are voluntary and I don't HAVE to use all of them)

My thoughts:

Crabtree, Thomas, Jeffery, & Ingram are overpaid and should be cut/traded. Antonio Brown is probably going to have to be traded, as much as that pains me. I should probably try to trade some draft picks for some cheap young players.

Let's see. If you can't pick up vets with those rookie picks, I would guess those 1st, unless they're early 1sts, those 2nds will be overpriced regardless of where they land, and 3rd and 4ths also overpriced. If you can trade them for decent salaried vets, I'd do it. I would 100% cut Thomas and Crabtree, no question on them. Jeffery and Ingram are debatable, I'd try to hold both if possible, certainly to see where Ingram lands. I'd definitely hold Brown unless a great offer comes up, you're not in any kind of cap hell situation that I can see.

It will be minimal savings per player, but Parker (unless he pulls off a really good off season move), Funchess, Kumerow, Burkhead, Justin Jackson, and Dissly are all expendable, and together that'd free up $19. Eq St Brown and Kumerow could be in there too, though I totally get wanting to hold and see if either can claim a share of Rodgers' offense. Maybe cut one of them to keep Justin Jackson?

So, cut Thomas, Crabtree, and that cutlist, and you clear up $61, seems like plenty for your picks (won't get to use a 2nd?). Doesn't seem like too much of a cap issue.

Regardless, I'd try and trade out of all your non-1st round picks with those salaries. And if late 1sts are still costing you as much as an Allen Robinson, Sony Michel, or half a Lindsay or Hopkins, I'd try to move those too.

I'd be cautious of trying too hard to secure a bunch of unheralded young guys on cheap salaries, as those'll still add up.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

RCarr posted:

My thoughts:

Dump (or trade if you can): Luck, Brown, Demaryius, Crabtree, Parker, Anderson, Westbrook, Lee, Samuel, Kumerow, Hines, Burkhead

Ingram really not worth $12?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Possibly trade AB before he gets traded to the bills or something

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sourdough posted:

Let's see. If you can't pick up vets with those rookie picks, I would guess those 1st, unless they're early 1sts, those 2nds will be overpriced regardless of where they land, and 3rd and 4ths also overpriced. If you can trade them for decent salaried vets, I'd do it. I would 100% cut Thomas and Crabtree, no question on them. Jeffery and Ingram are debatable, I'd try to hold both if possible, certainly to see where Ingram lands. I'd definitely hold Brown unless a great offer comes up, you're not in any kind of cap hell situation that I can see.

It will be minimal savings per player, but Parker (unless he pulls off a really good off season move), Funchess, Kumerow, Burkhead, Justin Jackson, and Dissly are all expendable, and together that'd free up $19. Eq St Brown and Kumerow could be in there too, though I totally get wanting to hold and see if either can claim a share of Rodgers' offense. Maybe cut one of them to keep Justin Jackson?

So, cut Thomas, Crabtree, and that cutlist, and you clear up $61, seems like plenty for your picks (won't get to use a 2nd?). Doesn't seem like too much of a cap issue.

Regardless, I'd try and trade out of all your non-1st round picks with those salaries. And if late 1sts are still costing you as much as an Allen Robinson, Sony Michel, or half a Lindsay or Hopkins, I'd try to move those too.

I'd be cautious of trying too hard to secure a bunch of unheralded young guys on cheap salaries, as those'll still add up.

So you’re saying trade away all picks except for my three 1st round picks? If I cut $61 salary I would only have $27 of cap space to draft with.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Reminder that taxi squad guys zero salary against the cap, so it's totally fine to keep e.g. 3 of those 2nd and later rounders as taxi stashes.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

The only guys on my team that are eligible for the taxi squad are the two on it. Everyone else is ineligible due to our rules (has to be a rookie or sophomore, can’t have been promoted from a taxi squad before).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Leperflesh posted:

Reminder that taxi squad guys zero salary against the cap, so it's totally fine to keep e.g. 3 of those 2nd and later rounders as taxi stashes.

Oh, that's a great point. I'd still probably want to taxi the 1st rounders that aren't likely to contribute right away, someone like the receivers, Guice, Kerryon, etc from this year, for example. But that's true, makes those 2nd rounders not so worthless.

RCarr posted:

So you’re saying trade away all picks except for my three 1st round picks? If I cut $61 salary I would only have $27 of cap space to draft with.

They're just really not good values. A couple 2nds will have most of the salary of Hopkins, or each will be equivalent to Allen Robinson, Sony Michel, Lindsay? It's just, if you're worried about salary, dumping all picks after the 1st rounders will be equivalent to about 2/3 of Antonio Brown's salary, ya know? (Not taking into account being able to stash some on the taxi squad, though)

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yeah, the way I look at our dynasty draft (which is based on very similar rules as RCarr's) is this:

First round picks are probably producing immediately, costing a lot, and I'm aiming for a player who is probably on my bench as a possible starter pretty soon. I assume I'll be paying their full cap for at least a couple years, with maybe a 20% discount applied against the chance they're a year-1 bust. (we also have taxi squad theft and I likely don't want to risk a 1st rounder getting stolen, although starting this year we get compensatory picks for stolen guys so that risk has dropped a lot.)

Second and third round picks are expensive lottery tickets, so they have to go on the taxi squad. Assumption is one of them will turn out to be useful and wind up on my roster, and one or two will bust and get traded or dropped. Note here that bust doesn't mean useless player - it just means not worth their salary cap hit. $9-$11 is too much for a non-starting backup stash player in most positions. I'd pay it for a QB2, maybe.

Fourth+ round picks are cheap guys. If I have room on a taxi, I will put one there, but they're cheap enough I can keep them on the bench. One or more may not survive the preseason, and probably at least half will be gone by this time next year, so I discount their salaries a lot. In some cases I may not even be drafting by round 4-5 because I didn't want to drop guys to make room. My main concern here is whether a $2 rookie is worth more than a $2 waiver wire grab... sometimes it's not, but the investment is low so it's OK to drop a 5th round pick for a free agent who seems to be doing better than expected in the preseason, or to fill a gap created by an injury at like TE or DL or something.

Based on those assumptions (and very similar salary numbers) being loaded up with three #1s would be a problem. A nice problem to have, maybe, but... yeah, probably at least one will have to be taxied just to afford the salary. Figure one taxi there, plus two more from round 2, and then you might want to skip the picks from round 3 or 4 so you can afford to carry your remaining rookies on your bench.

If you can trade both round 4 picks for value I'd go for it. I'd also be happy to trade one of the 2nd round picks and the 3rd round pick away if I could get somebody decent and lower-salary for it. Those five early picks translate into a huge investment this fall in rookies, but also hopefully a big payoff in 1-4 years as you hit big on a couple of them and trade or dump the rest as overpriced. Use your taxi squad wisely, and also don't forget that by day 1 of the regular season you are very likely to already have 1-2 guys on IR, because that always happens.

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 4, 2019

darkspider42
Oct 7, 2004

Best Buy security. You'll have to come with me sir.
shot in the dark but are there any sites doing AAF leagues?

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I lost to the super annoying sketchy guy in my league final... he backed into the playoffs with a losing record and i outscored him every individual week from week 7 through week 15. Lost to him by 3 in week 16 championship, 142-139. Just posting about it now because we just returned to work and hes been gloating nonstop agh. Colts def blew it for me more than anything else.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt
Figured only the true degenerates are still checking this thread, so it’s the perfect time to ask.

My main dynasty league has 2 openings this year. It’s year round activity, media, and overall the most fun and active league I’ve ever been a part of.

It’s a salary/contract league with IDP, offensive line, coaches, and punters.

Here is the link to learn more if anyone is interested.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions as well.

https://forums.footballguys.com/for...ers-washington/

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Figured only the true degenerates are still checking this thread, so it’s the perfect time to ask.

My main dynasty league has 2 openings this year. It’s year round activity, media, and overall the most fun and active league I’ve ever been a part of.

It’s a salary/contract league with IDP, offensive line, coaches, and punters.

Here is the link to learn more if anyone is interested.

Feel free to message me if you have any questions as well.

https://forums.footballguys.com/for...ers-washington/

Is there a way to see the available teams and a breakdown of the league scoring, rules, etc?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

dkj posted:

Is there a way to see the available teams and a breakdown of the league scoring, rules, etc?

Let me know if this doesn’t work - http://www64.myfantasyleague.com/2018/home/59406

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

It asks for an access code. Guessing it's set to private and requires permission to view.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

dkj posted:

It asks for an access code. Guessing it's set to private and requires permission to view.

Ok I’ll post rosters and rules in a bit.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Alfalfa posted:

Ok I’ll post rosters and rules in a bit.

Appreciate it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

dkj posted:

Appreciate it!

Sorry work got me yesterday.

Anyone on these rosters that has a 1 year contract will drop off as we haven't rolled over yet.

Oakland Roster

Oakland currently holds the 1.06, 2.11, 3.17, 5.10, 5.14, 6.10, 6.11, 7.05, and 7.10 in the upcoming rookie draft

Washington Roster

Washington currently holds the 1.09, 2.02, 2.05, 2.12, 2.15, and 3.18 in the upcoming rookie draft

Do you want a link to by-laws or scoring settings?