Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Rah! posted:

MAGAneto

loving Gus from Breaking Bad? thats the PoC Actor theyd have a problem playing Magneto?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Have a 19th-century X-men story where magneto is a former slave encouraging revolts across the Americas from his impregnable fortress: Haiti.

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

Epic High Five posted:

the main funny thing with elizabeth bruenig on twitter is how many people think she's married to some ancient weirdo because her husband has some old rear end philosopher's face as his avatar

she's also in her early 20s, apparently

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Magneto being a "Never Again" militant Zionist analogue Holocaust survivor was always a highly unique character, I can't think of a similar one so I'd be somewhat bummed to see that revamped, but ok the Breaking Bad dude is pretty awesome I guess :shrug:

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

MY COMICS

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

i cant believe they've done this

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Stefan Prodan posted:

i was very surprised at how deep liz bruenig's voice was when she went on chapo

not what I expected

she seems nice though I would be friends with the bruenigs

also she's like 5 feet tall.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

crime weed posted:

they're not even trying to be subtle about it this time huh

First they came for the pepe, and I did not give a poo poo because lol
Next they came for the clowns, and I was just confused mostly.
Then they came for the get out frog.. :staredog:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Slugnoid posted:

i think crime weed added that, it's not on the actual tweet

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

uber_stoat posted:

also she's like 5 feet tall.

When it came out that a cardinal in DC was a serial rapist she camped out in his doorstep demanding an interview and the diocese of Washington called the Post to complain that they were being intimidated by a sub 5 ft woman

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Slugnoid posted:

i'm glad the awful app finally let you change the icon from the frog to the dog

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

i think crime weed added that, it's not on the actual tweet

oh yeah lol, get out frog is still pure

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/DownAndDrought/status/1171525560092090371

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Race Realists posted:

loving Gus from Breaking Bad? thats the PoC Actor theyd have a problem playing Magneto?!

that sounds cool as hell

I always kind of wondered how they'd do magneto in comics when being holocaust survivor would increasingly mean he was real old. Punisher you just move him to the most recent US foreverhellwar. Having your family die in a concentration camp would be harder to update to modern times anyway time to read about current immigration events in the US while taking a sip from this glass of water

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Ramc posted:

that sounds cool as hell

I always kind of wondered how they'd do magneto in comics when being holocaust survivor would increasingly mean he was real old. Punisher you just move him to the most recent US foreverhellwar. Having your family die in a concentration camp would be harder to update to modern times anyway time to read about current immigration events in the US while taking a sip from this glass of water

Magneto got through numerous ressurections and deagings (I think he got turned into a baby at some point??) but he is still holocaust survivor

With vietnam marvel just recently invented a fake vietnam that happened in-timeline like 20 years ago to dump there Mr Fantastic/The Thing veteran past, Punisher and all yellow peril characters

Probably because after the last time they got a maga chud to write Punisher they realised that reflecting on current wars can get bad PR eventually

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/jelly_pack/stat...ingawful.com%2F

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

ScrubLeague posted:

i'm glad the awful app finally let you change the icon from the frog to the dog

Wait, how do I change the app icon from froggo to doggo?

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

The inmate who tricked him into eating poo poo by pretending to give him a Twix bar is a hero.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
If marvel has any balls, 20 years from now magneto will be latino.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/latebutcoming/status/1169435306749321216

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Petr posted:

idk if nazi's keep growing in power they'll just have a new holocaust to use

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
magneto but antifa threw concrete milkshakes at him

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 16 days!)

Magneto will be a survivor of some made up Soviet genocide

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
magneto buy hes going through the trauma of having to destroy his keurig and burn his nikes

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Magneto will be a survivor of some made up Soviet genocide

victims of antifa say “never again”

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

either that or an Israeli settler whose family was killed by Palestinians

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

either that or an Israeli settler whose family was killed by Palestinians

I was thinking to myself he could be a survivor of the 2nd Intifada.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

10 years from now when they reboot Magneto he'll be a survivor of #MeToo

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Jose posted:

idk if nazi's keep growing in power they'll just have a new holocaust to use

Funny you say that, this video just popped up in my Recs and it goes over a recent tweet showing how more Leftist YouTubers are skyrocketting. He shows how the most blatantly Nazi channels on YT are failing miserably and not growing at all.

Office Commando
Mar 23, 2005
The Invasion from Within

Petr posted:

srsly it's this.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

NikkolasKing posted:

Funny you say that, this video just popped up in my Recs and it goes over a recent tweet showing how more Leftist YouTubers are skyrocketting. He shows how the most blatantly Nazi channels on YT are failing miserably and not growing at all.

The alt right has exhausted itself rhetorically and it's just getting stale. Without an actually existing politics of action they're just competing with each other for market share. That's also the main drive behind the latest beef between Anglin & TRS.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
magneto will be an incel who is forced to pay child support for wanda and pietro

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Magneto wasn't originally a Jew who survived the holocaust, right? He was a generic supervillian until someone decided "oh, we should give this guy the slightest bit of an interesting trait."

A genuine retelling of his origin would obviously be him being a survivor of an ICE concentration camp.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Equeen posted:

Magneto wasn't originally a Jew who survived the holocaust, right? He was a generic supervillian until someone decided "oh, we should give this guy the slightest bit of an interesting trait."

Yeah, but that's because he came out of a comics era when all the villains and most of the heroes were just beefy white dudes in different funny hats.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Equeen posted:

A genuine retelling of his origin would obviously be him being a survivor of an ICE concentration camp.

It was in the 80s thanks to weird pervert Chris Claremont, when it was plausible for a guy pushing 60 to have been a teen during World War II. The story’s already changed to make him a much younger child, like in the Singer movies.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Magneto was defeated by a wooden gun.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It was in the 80s thanks to weird pervert Chris Claremont, when it was plausible for a guy pushing 60 to have been a teen during World War II. The story’s already changed to make him a much younger child, like in the Singer movies.

One of the cooler episodes in X-Men Evolution showed how Captain America and Wolverine fought together in WW2 and saved little Magneto from a concentration camp. And then later in that episode current old Magneto used the process that made Cap on himself to stay youthful and strong.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Claremont also wrote the story that explains Magneto is still youthful because he was de-aged into a baby and raised by Moira MacTaggart. He took vengeance on her by using his powers to strip her nude and encase her in a skintight metal gimp suit.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Internet self own thread posting horny now alt right thread posting horny

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

Halloween Jack posted:

Claremont also wrote the story that explains Magneto is still youthful because he was de-aged into a baby and raised by Moira MacTaggart. He took vengeance on her by using his powers to strip her nude and encase her in a skintight metal gimp suit.

drat that's like four fetishes in one story