Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Cacafuego posted:

:lol: at facebook

facebook employees are a cancer upon humanity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.

pixaal posted:

put a juicy ask in before open that's likely to dip as people rush to close their winning calls. I'd be looking to have it closed up in the first 5 minutes if my blind ask didn't fill at open. Of you have no idea what it will be just price right after open.

Yeah that's what I did yesterday for my AMD earnings call (below). I'm in a meeting tomorrow at open and won't be able to watch the market so I prob should do that...

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

Garfu posted:

Yeah that's what I did yesterday for my AMD earnings call (below). I'm in a meeting tomorrow at open and won't be able to watch the market so I prob should do that...

If those were puts you'd be rich!

New Found Power
Aug 18, 2005

As in atom bomb... As in nuclear fission.. As in the end of the world.
Morgan Stanley analyst predicts Tesla will overtake GM and Ford in market share within eight years, is a total loving idiot:

https://twitter.com/Lebeaucarnews/status/1489277210494132226

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I predict that Petco will overtake Walmart and Amazon

Please give me a $25M salary

orange sky
May 7, 2007

As an example of the kind of investor that is in this thread (me) yesterday someone suggested XLY as a play on Amazon with less IV, and I bought puts on XLI (lmfao) and they're making money

Thank you thread

Sand Monster
Apr 13, 2008

I don't generally follow BTC but does anyone know why it jumped nearly 10% in the last few hours?

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Sand Monster posted:

I don't generally follow BTC but does anyone know why it jumped nearly 10% in the last few hours?

I was wondering too! I saw that pop and assumed there was a corresponding market increase, but there wasn't one, so I was confused.

orange sky
May 7, 2007

Pumped by a stable coin for sure.. Take your pick, busd, usdc, they've both been printing hundreds of millions every day

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Might crash again if regulation news hits crypto though, right?

Sokani
Jul 20, 2006

Bison
It could crash or go up for any or no reason

orange sky
May 7, 2007

It'll crash again whatever happens because it has 0 value and has been pumped to poo poo by fake dollars

It's a piece of poo poo and everybody inside the ecosystem knows about it

However, if you have some millions of dollars handy, here's a play: buy poo poo coins that track bitcoin, or leveraged bets; pump bitcoin; sell poo poo coins; sell bitcoin;

Is this arbitrage?

Baddog
May 12, 2001

orange sky posted:

It's a piece of poo poo and everybody inside the ecosystem knows about it

Strong opinion from the man who just shorted xli instead of xly (because he wanted to short amzn?)

orange sky
May 7, 2007

😎

But lol, do you really need to know anything about anything to know bitcoin isn't worth anything? Even for buying drugs humans and guns there's poo poo coins you can use, you don't even need btc for that now

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Garfu posted:

Nice trade, congrats.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

New Found Power posted:

Morgan Stanley analyst predicts Tesla will overtake GM and Ford in market share within eight years, is a total loving idiot:

I haven't been following Tesla's numbers too closely, I think production/sales are capped by battery production? People keep buying more model S than they can make, Tesla keeps raising prices, doesn't have enough capacity to build a lower margin car yet. Tesla's cheapest car is $44k and the average car price today is $40k? All this without an entry level priced car and no advertising? Could they grow their sales 3x over 8 years? Maybe? I don't think he's right but not a total loving idiot

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Hadlock posted:

I haven't been following Tesla's numbers too closely, I think production/sales are capped by battery production? People keep buying more model S than they can make, Tesla keeps raising prices, doesn't have enough capacity to build a lower margin car yet. Tesla's cheapest car is $44k and the average car price today is $40k? All this without an entry level priced car and no advertising? Could they grow their sales 3x over 8 years? Maybe? I don't think he's right but not a total loving idiot

what if they get a bank charter so they can do auto loans

ARTPUP
Jun 7, 2013

Sand Monster posted:

"My Facebook just went down! Gotta pull out and put my money in more stable investments... cash is king and bitcoin's like cash so..." Seeing so many people at work talk about their cybercurrency investments now. Interesting to see so many youtubers try and explain their positions on facebook today, many were buying shares before the earnings report. If you believe so much in the company then, you should be still buying now. I just find there are way too many fake ripoff ads on the site & it seems investors ignore this as well.

Bought 100 shares of Avalara (AVLR) this morning @101/share. So far so good... see what this year brings.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

pmchem posted:

Worked wonders doing mortgages for GM it was driving profits for many years. Shame it drove share price to zero for share holders for some reason though.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Rug pull came late today, it waited until 3:30

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

pmchem posted:

Tesla already offers their own insurance, right

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Hadlock posted:

Tesla already offers their own insurance, right

Strangely doesn't include "immolation or other carbon burning activities"

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I'm not familiar with those banking products, but I'm sure SoFi will be rolling them out in Q2 :science:

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Just checked the NDRA I bought a year ago when it was the cool thing to do. -78% and counting! :doggo:

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination

Bardeh posted:

Just checked the NDRA I bought a year ago when it was the cool thing to do. -78% and counting! :doggo:

wonderful chance to dca down

Woodchip
Mar 28, 2010

Bardeh posted:

*taps thread title*

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Bardeh posted:

isn't it supposed to be delisted soon?

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Not if they reverse split it again

movax
Aug 30, 2008

The South Moon CRTX shall rise again!

Omne
Jul 12, 2003

Orangedude Forever

It was a little over a year ago, when I first bought shares of stock. Let's see what happened, shall we?

Bought AMC, sold for a loss
Bought BB, sold for a loss
Bough dogecoin, sold for a loss
Bought dogecoin again, currently at a much larger loss
Bought NDRA at $2.10........

Am currently down in the six other stocks I own.

Yeah, I shouldn't be doing this...

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Can I interest you in some SoFi stock to complete your collection :science:

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Can't wait to buy NDRA for $20 post reverse split.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Burning my shares of NDRA to keep my crumbling shanty warm during the long winter of covid

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?
Stock Trading Thread: Yeah, I shouldn't be doing this...

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Did not order take out last night, used that money to buy 2 x 3/18 SOFI @ $17.5C

I don't recommend doing this unless you like losing money and you think the market will magically turn around March 1 when they do their earnings call

Untagged posted:

Stock Trading Thread: Yeah, I shouldn't be doing this...

Hadlock fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Feb 7, 2022

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Maybe the thread should be buying 0DTE SPY puts every afternoon because the rug pull seems to be pretty consistent every day for the past 2 weeks. It happened late today, but a near 1% drop in the last 45 minutes again.

this is not financial advice, I strongly recommend not doing that

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Cacafuego posted:

Maybe the thread should be buying 0DTE SPY puts every afternoon because the rug pull seems to be pretty consistent every day for the past 2 weeks. It happened late today, but a near 1% drop in the last 45 minutes again.

Financial advice: do it it's fun

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Cacafuego posted:

loving around with 0DTE SPY? nope not today no sir I did no such thing

Toalpaz
Mar 20, 2012

Peace through overwhelming determination
dump it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Fattest PI
Mar 4, 2008
I bought a couple hundred AMC even though I vowed to stay away from memestock. Made a few hundred easy peasy dollars! Then it dipped real hard the same day, so I figured I'd just rebuy and sell again once it does it's somewhat consistent up and down.

It just kept going down haha stocks are funny.