Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

poisonpill posted:

What’s the pc equivalent of grand turismo or forza? I just wanna take a sports car out on the track without it taking up a whole weekend

https://store.steampowered.com/app/809340/Extreme_School_Driving_Simulator/?
I don't loving know. I couldn't get past license C on Gran Turismo in Playstation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Gaius Marius posted:

Forza is on PC

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

poisonpill posted:

What’s the pc equivalent of grand turismo or forza? I just wanna take a sports car out on the track without it taking up a whole weekend

wacky wheels is probably the closest

Vakal
May 11, 2008
The racing game I played the most of on PC was Split/Second from 2010.

The hook was that you could trigger explosives place on the track to either make shortcuts for yourself or drop poo poo on your opponent.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Handle with Caution
Nap Ghost

Vakal posted:

The hook was that you could trigger explosives place on the track to either make shortcuts for yourself or drop poo poo on your opponent.

please don't doxx my daily commute in Florida

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

God isn't watching you... but I am!

Mumpy Puffinz posted:

please don't doxx my daily commute in Florida

It is remarkably realistic...

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

poisonpill posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/244210/Assetto_Corsa/

Maybe something like this? I think it has a sequel as well.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Assetto Corsa goes on crazy sales because it's been out for ages, it's still awesome but there's some key graphics and UI mods to get right off the bat. The base game has a lot of content too. Then there's a million tracks and car mods to keep you going. It's driving feel, at least for the road cars, is the best out there, but its also really good with all the different historic race cars. There's no real career mode like GT but besides that it's great. It's fun to set up a weekend with practice, qualifying and race. Or just hot laps on the Nurburgring. There is a super cool mod of the Tokyo expressway that with some effort you can get to work with AI traffic.

There's a amount of drift mods too, if you want to learn that. People still play online, especially the drift and togue courses.

I'd only recommend if you have a wheel and pedal setup, otherwise it's pretty had to enjoy with a controller.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

numberoneposter posted:

I'd only recommend if you have a wheel and pedal setup, otherwise it's pretty had to enjoy with a controller.

Can confirm after my driving force blew out, and that wasn't even that good a wheel when it was new. AC is not a controller game.

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

This is the best way to play Doom.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

on your phone?

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Quite the goon hand/hoof there

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

George posted:

on your phone?

One handed.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

Nice hosed up thumb

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Vile_Nihlist666 posted:

In a tire store?

Vile_Nihlist666
Jan 15, 2009

I think I hosed up and posted in the wrong thread, this seems popular.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

I loaded up Doom Eternal last night and I'll play it on ultra nightmare, get killed 10 times in a row, alt + f4 in frustration, come back 10 minutes later and beat the section. I kinda love to hate the gameplay loop until it all clicks and you win.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

fridge corn posted:

Nice hosed up thumb

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

lol

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

numberoneposter posted:

Assetto Corsa goes on crazy sales because it's been out for ages, it's still awesome but there's some key graphics and UI mods to get right off the bat. The base game has a lot of content too. Then there's a million tracks and car mods to keep you going. It's driving feel, at least for the road cars, is the best out there, but its also really good with all the different historic race cars. There's no real career mode like GT but besides that it's great. It's fun to set up a weekend with practice, qualifying and race. Or just hot laps on the Nurburgring. There is a super cool mod of the Tokyo expressway that with some effort you can get to work with AI traffic.

There's a amount of drift mods too, if you want to learn that. People still play online, especially the drift and togue courses.

mods + a crazy sim rig can make the game look like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKEI19EBKxU

quite impressive imo. even with a cheap wheel, it's just plain fun to goof around. one of my favs was to lap niki lauda's ferrari round the nordschleife... really lets you appreciate how insane that was back in the day.

pod6isjerks
Feb 17, 2005

Nap Ghost
rimworld doesn't need any mods to be playable and using mods to lazily sidestep game mechanics is lame

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Lol

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I just play a game and if it's so bad that it needs a mod I stop playing it and play a good one instead.

My backlog is still Sisyphean.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

i refuse to play any game that people call "cosy," they usually have the aesthetic of a cartoon for 5 year olds, if someone made a game that looked like peppa pig people would call it charming or whatever

Barudak
May 7, 2007

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I just play a game and if it's so bad that it needs a mod I stop playing it and play a good one instead.

My backlog is still Sisyphean.

We must imagine Sisyphus, gitting gud.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Caesar Saladin posted:

i refuse to play any game that people call "cosy," they usually have the aesthetic of a cartoon for 5 year olds, if someone made a game that looked like peppa pig people would call it charming or whatever

Which games are you talking about?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Warning Forever is one of the best games ever

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Limmy took about 2 hours to get fed up of Baldurs Gate 3 and get it in the bin which sounds about right

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Caesar Saladin posted:

In a majority of instances its just a streamer game that is all style no substance. You can tell it was made by a team who made "you can pet the doggo" a core element of their personality, and for some reason shoehorned it into Civilization 6.

Redezga fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 20, 2024

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

it is a tremendously dorkwad thing to say but I hope Civ 7 gets back to the tech quotes being more-or-less a celebration of humanity's achievements rather than funny haha stuff. Leonard Nimoy just going "beep...beep...beep" when you discovered satellites in Civ 4 was great because it was unexpected. Nobody wants to hear what Mark Twain has to say about anything even if it is Sean Bean reading it.

:cloud: I guess whatever I'm old and I can

SeenYourPoopypants
Mar 10, 2024

Vakal posted:

Motorstorm Apocalypse is pretty good too

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Devils Affricate posted:

Which games are you talking about?

Maybe like Animal Crossing? I don't mind the art style of Animal Crossing, but that the weird vertical scrolling somehow makes me extremely clostrophobic.

052024_4
May 20, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 16:51 on May 20, 2024

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Limmy took about 2 hours to get fed up of Baldurs Gate 3 and get it in the bin which sounds about right

I fuckin' love ol Limmond... but my God. Watching him take hours to try and completely fail to comprehend 'any' of the systems in it today had me turning off. Just the most painful watch ever. And, y'know, I don't watch him because he's good at games, I have no qualm with him being poo poo, that's when he's usually the funniest. For some reason BG3 just seemed insurmountable for him though.

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Limmy lost his poo poo so hard at Sekiro that he quit and deleted his save.

Also his book is good if you haven't read it

im saint germain
Jan 30, 2021

i've come from the future to tell you all we have to stop party rock before it returns

MrQwerty posted:

Warning Forever is one of the best games ever

You’re right

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

it is a tremendously dorkwad thing to say but I hope Civ 7 gets back to the tech quotes being more-or-less a celebration of humanity's achievements rather than funny haha stuff. Leonard Nimoy just going "beep...beep...beep" when you discovered satellites in Civ 4 was great because it was unexpected. Nobody wants to hear what Mark Twain has to say about anything even if it is Sean Bean reading it.

civ 6 had some egregiously bad quote selections though. i don't mind mark twain throwing 19th century shade, but god they sourced some of their quotes from loving yelp

like who the gently caress wants to see some dumb rear end from the internet give their take on the taj mahal's lack of vending machines

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Also get rid of religion and spies. Has there ever been a strategy game where dealing with spies wasn't the most tedious part of the game?

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Caesar Saladin posted:

The actual Peppa Pig game is, appropriate enough, very charming.

It’s a point and click adventure game but running off of little kid logic, with puzzle solutions like “go tell your dad the kite’s stuck in the tree and he’ll help you”. :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Caesar Saladin posted:

Limmy lost his poo poo so hard at Sekiro that he quit and deleted his save.

Also his book is good if you haven't read it

Good lad Limmy, get that one in the bin

I have read his book and it's great, dunno if you've seen his reaction to the radio 4 review of his book but its also pretty golden

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNq7-SWrcHU