Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

BenRGamer posted:

...would a musou version of Space Marines be any different than normal Space Marines?

Yes, because there are more than 2 solid Dynasty Warriors games. (At least I think so, maybe..)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zest posted:

Musou Legends. Build a basic musou engine into LoL, maintain basic premises of both games (i.e. caitlin has gun combos, and her ulti is now her Musou Special.).

Add Lu Bu as a new League Champ.

Make him a trap tank.

Listen to League Shoutcasters scream "DO NOT PURSUE LU BU!"

:allears:

There actually already are characters with Zhao Yun and Lu Bu skins.

quote:

You could do a pretty cool Warriors game with the King Arthur legends/matter of britain/matter of france.

Sir Balin is your two swords guy

The Fisher King is there and literally uses a fishing pole for a weapon, can maybe do a thorns aura type thing or otherwise turn his own wounds against people around him

Go full pagan druid with Merlin and have him shapeshift momentarily as his power attacks, basic weapon is a wand/club/fetish looking thing

You might think Arthur himself would be the very safe, archetypal knight character, but you can actually go full Musou on him. Now he's one of the little kid characters and isn't king yet, but is kind of a cocky poo poo who knows he's destined to be great anyway. He wields the sword in the stone, but since he's not the king yet it's still stuck the stone. He has to use it like a club that's too heavy for him and try to bash people with the rock on one end.

The Green Knight is your Lu Bu type. He dual wields a big glowing axe in one hand and his own severed head in the other, tossing it around the field.

I want this now. Have there been any good King Arthur games other than that one Lords of Magic scenario?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

New Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvpSBxo4zWQ

It sure looked like that first half was all about officer relations and town development.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

EDIT: Disregard, I'm more retarded than a dropkicked baby.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Nov 4, 2015

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

The Moon Monster posted:

There actually already are characters with Zhao Yun and Lu Bu skins.

I want this now. Have there been any good King Arthur games other than that one Lords of Magic scenario?

The Total War/Choose Your Own Adventure hybrid "King Arthur" games are supposed to be decent.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E

SirPhoebos posted:

This was posted on the FFXIV thread:

Belzac posted:

It's not an actual musou colab. It's from the FFXI crossover event. Learn to read moonrunes.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Yeah, was coming to edit that :sweatdrop:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Policenaut posted:

New Romance of the Three Kingdoms 13 trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvpSBxo4zWQ

It sure looked like that first half was all about officer relations and town development.

I really want this game now; I've needed an RTK fix for quite awhile.

mune
Sep 23, 2006
I traded in SW4 for DQH and it was a Good Decision. The game is charming, fun, and not piss-easy like SW4 was. Even though I don't know any of the characters, it really doesn't matter. Just a fun, chill game.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXG_gk_UiIc

Is there something I don't understand? Why does this version look so bad? The enemies are flatten 3d models to make them sprites and the overall quality is really low. Samurai Warriors Chronicles looked much better than this and that came out almost 5 years ago.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Belzac posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXG_gk_UiIc

Is there something I don't understand? Why does this version look so bad? The enemies are flatten 3d models to make them sprites and the overall quality is really low. Samurai Warriors Chronicles looked much better than this and that came out almost 5 years ago.

I'm seeing noticeably more enemies on-screen at any given time than in SWC.

Chewy Bitems
Dec 25, 2012

PIIIISSSSSSSS!!!!
Looking forward to finding out what the Western IP they're working with for a new game, was there any suggestion if it was a game series (like Zelda/DQ) or something non gaming (like Gundam)?

The idea of the 80s cartoon series Warriors or Star Wars/Marvel Warriors would be deadly. Kinda feel like DC Warriors would be more likely since it's not Disney they'd be going to.

Either way, here's hoping if it's TMNT Warriors, it's based on the 80s series rather than the million recent series. Or all of them together I guess.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
You're all gonna be so bummed when it turns out to be Franco-Prussian Warriors

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The White Dragon posted:

You're all gonna be so bummed when it turns out to be Franco-Prussian Warriors

:eyepop:
I won't be !

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

It's gonna be some huge left field thing that no one would ever predict like Ben 10 Warriors or Skylander Warriors or something.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Policenaut posted:

It's gonna be some huge left field thing that no one would ever predict like Ben 10 Warriors or Skylander Warriors or something.

This is it, I'm positive now

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Policenaut posted:

Highlander Warriors.

"There can only be one!" would totally make a good 'I Defeated An Officer' quote.

:v:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Policenaut posted:

Nicktoons Warriors

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

BenRGamer posted:

Highlander Warriors.

"There can only be one!" would totally make a good 'I Defeated An Officer' quote.

:v:

I'm suddenly reminded there was a Highlander cartoon at one point.

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Candy Crush Warriors.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I started playing DQH; should I just be spending my gold on new gear as soon as I can afford it, or is there stuff I should be saving it for? Can I ignore crafting until the endgame, or is that something I need to be paying attention to throughout the whole game?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Can't wait for Doug Warriors.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ainsley McTree posted:

I started playing DQH; should I just be spending my gold on new gear as soon as I can afford it, or is there stuff I should be saving it for? Can I ignore crafting until the endgame, or is that something I need to be paying attention to throughout the whole game?

Spend money on new equipment, save mini-medals.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

Anonymous Robot posted:

Can't wait for Doug Warriors.

Mr. Bone is unbalanced, they shouldn't have let him be used for achievements or online play. And everyone just spams Skeeter's R1 but he's really interesting if you look deeper.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Chinook posted:

Mr. Bone is unbalanced, they shouldn't have let him be used for achievements or online play. And everyone just spams Skeeter's R1 but he's really interesting if you look deeper.

Koei's DLC pricing has always catered to whales but locking Mr. Dink behind a paygate is absurd.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Anonymous Robot posted:

Koei's DLC pricing has always catered to whales but locking Mr. Dink behind a paygate is absurd.

TK's DLC philosophy: "Very expensive. Hyuk hyuk."

e:

Policenaut posted:

Takoluka posted:

Ben 10 Musou

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
Do not pursue Patti Mayonnaise.

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

F R A C T U R E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfSeYwSNNtM

The soulless laughing sound effect with every attack. :wtc:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Belzac posted:

:geno: ha

So far i'm not really impressed with the new characters.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
An ad for Dragon Quest Heroes is now being shown on Steam's Update News.

???

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Pureauthor posted:

An ad for Dragon Quest Heroes is now being shown on Steam's Update News.

???

OH MY loving GOD

edit:

Tae fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Nov 12, 2015

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Tae posted:

OH MY loving GOD

edit:

Yeah, definitely wasn't expecting that, or else I wouldn't have gotten it on PS4. Oh well!

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Tae posted:

OH MY loving GOD

edit:

Neato!

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Belzac posted:

Huh huh, huh huh. Reahuhuhuhuh. Huh huh huh reahuhuhuhuh...

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

This gem just came up in the classic FPS thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wELcD1lGvg

Taiwanese Doom-engine-clone R3K game full of stolen sound effects. I love everything about this.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Tae posted:

OH MY loving GOD

edit:

Not showing up for me

I'm gonna assume you're all jerk liars. :colbert:

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Kitfox88 posted:

Not showing up for me

I'm gonna assume you're all jerk liars. :colbert:

That's because it wasn't supposed to show up yet. Buncha stories about it out there now, though.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?
http://gematsu.com/2015/11/japanese-users-want-precure-warriors-game

Some pretty decent choices here imo.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Seems like the natural progression from Gundam > Fist of the North Star > One Piece > Arslan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Fairy Tail would be pretty good on the Anime side of things. Really simmilar to One Piece. Loads of characters all with fairly unique/cool abilities.

How the handful of summoner-type characters would work I don't know but they would have to figure it out since the female lead falls into that category and it'd be weird to not have her be playable.

One the video-game side of things Final Fantasy and SMT/Persona would be pretty cool and both give tons of potential scenarios and enemy designs to work with.