Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Jack Gladney posted:

Did we know that Movie Nights did the Grumpy Cat movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2skfQW0rY

She likes it, and I kind of do too. However she did point out something even more depressing about the exploitation of the real-world Grumpy Cat (original name Tard): she is so mutated that she can barely walk.

it awful, it reminds me of parents of child stars leaching off their fame until their working as a security guard. I feel bad for this cat since he/she is doomed to having greedy owners.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Mad Lupine posted:

He really hits most of the points as to why 'Hello' was disappointing (it's basically a lesser retread of 'Someone Like You').

Hello is a Sam Smith song , and there's nothing worse than becoming the poor man's version of the poor man's version of yourself.

While I'm derailing about music, even though Sugar will probably be on Todd's worst list, it's a better Michael Jackson song than any of his posthumous output.

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Cyron posted:

as oldtenniscourt said that was hyperbole, and considering we had people a few post above me saying a good gater is a dead gater, I am shocked you didn't yell at them.

Law enforcement is helpless against gator attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65JLVVXQeww

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Jim stearling put up his best and worst of 2015 videos.

His worst of is always interesting because he digs into the bowls of Steam and finds the absolute worse and low effort Unity games. One of those Day Z clones made it onto the store.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

BigRed0427 posted:

His worst of is always interesting because he digs into the bowls of Steam and finds the absolute worse and low effort Unity games. One of those Day Z clones made it onto the store.

I do give him credit for his best of the year list where he seem to focus this year on games that flew under the radar and left the bigger hype games in the HM. games like Undertale does deserve more love despite goon backlash.

rujasu
Dec 19, 2013

DStecks posted:

While I'm derailing about music, even though Sugar will probably be on Todd's worst list, it's a better Michael Jackson song than any of his posthumous output.

Sugar as in the Maroon 5 song? He tweeted once about it, said it was basically album filler level of quality but still the best thing Maroon 5 has put out in years, which, yes, that's about right. Probably on the honorable or dishonorable mention list, but I'm not sure which.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Cyron posted:

I do give him credit for his best of the year list where he seem to focus this year on games that flew under the radar and left the bigger hype games in the HM. games like Undertale does deserve more love despite goon backlash.

Wait, I thought goons loved Undertale? Or is this another "thing gets popular and we hate it for being popular because fans are terrible" thing?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well for one thing, the website is not a hivemind

OldMemes
Sep 5, 2011

I have to go now. My planet needs me.
I used to post on a small forum with Guru Larry. He's honestly a funny, friendly guy who knows a lot about video games, and is interesting to listen to. The only problem is he's a bit obessed with trolling, and blurs his professional image with his online ''for teh lulz XD' persona too much. It's a shame, since his videos are really good, and they deserve more views.

If you want chat about obscure zx spectrum games, he's a really clever guy - just don't ask him about memes or anything. His interview with Chris-Chan is painful, for example. But his recent videos are great.

Asuron
Nov 27, 2012

OldTennisCourt posted:

I think he might be using what scientists call hyperbole.

His posting history, even going back a month, would suggest no he's not.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Asuron posted:

His posting history, even going back a month, would suggest no he's not.

stop stalking me you creep. now i know why i am missing socks.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 28, 2015

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Jack Gladney posted:

Did we know that Movie Nights did the Grumpy Cat movie?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc2skfQW0rY

She likes it, and I kind of do too. However she did point out something even more depressing about the exploitation of the real-world Grumpy Cat (original name Tard): she is so mutated that she can barely walk.

At least the owners of Lil Bub donates much of the money they get from merch to shelters. As far as the special, it was a little too self aware for my tastes.

Spark That Bled
Jan 29, 2010

Hungry for responsibility. Horny for teamwork.

And ready to
BUST A NUT
up in this job!

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

BigRed0427 posted:

I find it interesting that Jim had put games in his list that are supposed to be representative of things in games that he hated this year (asset flips and bad horror games), because it reminds me of how much sheer crap there actually is in Steam.

Of course, the fact that playthroughs of bad Steam games are pretty much his channel's bread and butter also says something.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~
Good Bad Flicks put up a new video on the Silent Night, Deadly Night controversy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opcrXyLXlP0

It was interesting, but his "PC gone mad!!!" speech was pretty :rolleyes:. He even referenced South Park and that dumb Dead or Alive volleyball game no one cared about until that "SJWs!" tweet.

I agree that censorship is bad, but let's not compare "I don't like certain aspects of this thing" with "I'm going to do everything in my power to makes sure this thing doesn't see the light of day."

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Equeen posted:

Good Bad Flicks put up a new video on the Silent Night, Deadly Night controversy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=opcrXyLXlP0

It was interesting, but his "PC gone mad!!!" speech was pretty :rolleyes:. He even referenced South Park and that dumb Dead or Alive volleyball game no one cared about until that "SJWs!" tweet.

I agree that censorship is bad, but let's not compare "I don't like certain aspects of this thing" with "I'm going to do everything in my power to makes sure this thing doesn't see the light of day."

Such a pity, I remember enjoying him as a backup on radiodrone and he was good in the show. I feel like we are having some sort of internet critic civil war.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.

Cyron posted:

Such a pity, I remember enjoying him as a backup on radiodrone and he was good in the show. I feel like we are having some sort of internet critic civil war.

So we need internet :sherman:

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

PassTheRemote posted:

So we need internet :sherman:

I wouldn't mind scorching TGWTG or the escapist and salting the remains.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Wait, I thought goons loved Undertale? Or is this another "thing gets popular and we hate it for being popular because fans are terrible" thing?

Some goons love it but it does condone caring about things so therefore it is gay and has AIDS according to many goons.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Didn't Linkara respond to this video?

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Its more that goons are doing the disco riots thing and are starting to be more vocal about hating it then liking it.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Equeen posted:

Me and him got into a twitter bitchfest a while ago because he was doing a SJW rant on Radiodrome and I was hoping he was being hyperbolic. He wasn't; dudes legitimately mad that the stupid volleyball game isn't coming out and that folks judge him for wanting it.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

I don't see why people find it so hard to believe that DOA Xtreme doesn't sell well in the US and that Koei made a cynical business decision like they are often one to do mixed with some half-hearted PR damage control.

I mean, they weren't afraid of SJWs or whatever when they released wet t-shirt DLC for DOA5.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

MisterBibs posted:

Me and him got into a twitter bitchfest a while ago because he was doing a skeleton rant on Radiodrome and I was hoping he was being hyperbolic. He wasn't; dudes legitimately mad that the stupid volleyball game isn't coming out and that folks judge him for wanting it.

As far as I know, literally no one was calling for a ban on the possible Western release of the game.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Equeen posted:

As far as I know, literally no one was calling for a ban on the possible Western release of the game.

Nope but Play Asia made an attention whore tweet implying that SJWs had tried to ban the game but they were still carrying it for import.

PA marketing got the gaters hook line and sinker

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mokinokaro posted:

Nope but play Asia made an attention whore tweet implying that skeletons had tried ban the game but they were still carrying it for import.

And then when people pointed out the obvious that they were just trying to make money off of the SJW witchhunt people misinterpreted that as saying that PlayAsia and Koei were conspiring with one another. Because vehemently anti-"SJW" people are actually retarded.

Equeen
Oct 29, 2011

Pole dance~

Mokinokaro posted:

Nope but Play Asia made an attention whore tweet implying that skeletons had tried to ban the game but they were still carrying it for import.

I guess gators don't care about ethics in game marketing.

Cyron
Mar 10, 2014

by zen death robot

Equeen posted:

I guess gators don't care about ethics in game marketing.

you're implying that gators care about ethics in the first place.

Cyron fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Dec 29, 2015

i am tim!
Jan 5, 2005

God damn it, where are my ant keys?! I'm gonna miss my flight!
Yes, that's the joke.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Hell I argued with one and seemingly doesnmt give a poo poo about con men. So much for "better market."

Jim's video makes me increasingly disappointed at how much Valve is okay with such a constant stream of asset flip games made by hacks.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I'm kind of scared to ask, but why do so many people have a banzai buddy avatar? Is it the new newbie one or something?

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Jack Gladney posted:

Is it the new newbie one or something?

Yes

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Annointed posted:

Jim's video makes me increasingly disappointed at how much Valve is okay with such a constant stream of asset flip games made by hacks.

Yeah, while it's done some really good things and helped cool people get their games on Steam for a while, Greenlight nowadays is mostly infested with terrible memes, flavor of the month clones and stolen asset cashgrabs it seems.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

MisterBibs posted:

Me and him got into a twitter bitchfest a while ago because he was doing a SJW rant on Radiodrome and I was hoping he was being hyperbolic. He wasn't; dudes legitimately mad that the stupid volleyball game isn't coming out and that folks judge him for wanting it.

I remember finding an Imgur gallery archiving that conversation (http://imgur.com/gallery/1hhNF/new)

Maybe I've been staring into the abyss for too long, but to me, he was trying to be a lot more civil about the matter than you were. I'm not saying that he's necessarily right (his stance is kind of extreme), but when you started arguing with Rhianna Pratchett, I found what you said to her far more egregious than anything Cecil said.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah man that is super hosed up. It's one thing to trash someone for being a gator or otherwise actively making things worse, but a random woman in the industry "not speaking up" is a bullshit witch hunt reason to attack her. Just because someone isn't knee deep in activism doesn't mean they're ignoring it to be a model minority.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I would like this thread more if there wasn't a gamergate derail every 5 pages.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Max Wilco posted:

I remember finding an Imgur gallery archiving that conversation (http://imgur.com/gallery/1hhNF/new)

Maybe I've been staring into the abyss for too long, but to me, he was trying to be a lot more civil about the matter than you were. I'm not saying that he's necessarily right (his stance is kind of extreme), but when you started arguing with Rhianna Pratchett, I found what you said to her far more egregious than anything Cecil said.

Oh, I totally stepped in it, didn't do my research, yadda yadda. I barely knew who she was, so my logic was that if someone complaining about skeletons brings someone up as an ideal, that person is the polar opposite of an ideal. Once I noticed my error in trusting the word of someone who makes rants about Ess Jay Dubs, I apologized immediately and she thanked me for it.

:shrug: Doesn't stop me from believing that if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem, and you don't get to kvetch if you're treated like part of the problem. A civil gator isn't to be treated any differently than Skull Guy.

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 29, 2015

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Also it's mad easy for a dude who has barely any connection beyond consumption to dictate to others how they should behave and all.

207-563-5532
Oct 20, 2004
god drat it you people

lornekates
Oct 3, 2014

Web Developer for phelous.com dot com.
So Ross, of Ross' Game Dungeon, has a new Game Dungeon out, hosted by Ross:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4SUYRhHC88

Puzzle Agent. And it's a Christmas Episode!

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

207-563-5532 posted:

god drat it you people

Please just probate people for talking about "it", so they get the message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

lornekates posted:

So Ross, of Ross' Game Dungeon, has a new Game Dungeon out, hosted by Ross:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4SUYRhHC88

Puzzle Agent. And it's a Christmas Episode!
That's actually the second Christmas episode he's done this year. He also did a video on Still Life. I was surprised that he dedicated the whole first part of it to the cookie recipe puzzle, but I have to say that he makes a pretty good defense of it (especially since it's considered to be an obtuse and frustrating puzzle.)

In other news, Some Jerk With A Camera just finished his review of Escape from Tomorrow a few days ago. (Parts 1, 2, and 3). I haven't watched much of his stuff, but I'm curious as how he records all his footage. Unless I misunderstood what he said, it can't be cheap to travel between (or even around) California & Florida to record footage at the Disney theme parks. Even if you could, it seems like it would still be difficult to do, as I would think the park staff would monitor people to keep them from doing that.

• Locked thread