Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Do pubbies always get real salty during events, or have I just been on a lucky run of every other death leading to "WHAT THE HELL GUYS WHERE WERE YOU NOW WE'RE hosed" as we win 12-6?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Every pubbie is convinced they're the one carrying the team and that the game is lost without them. Every pubbie is also wrong.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

UGHHHHHHHHH I grinded so hard once I saw it was a free paintjob and I literally cannot tell the difference between opriment yellow and babyshit default green.These are the same color. gently caress you.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
i'm sucker for easy colors and mc

patching :suicide:

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
Is the ability to add premium time from the profile tab gone? I'm looking at my time and there is no activate button in my profile.

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Super 3 posted:

Is the ability to add premium time from the profile tab gone? I'm looking at my time and there is no activate button in my profile.

On the website? There is a link to activate premium on my profile.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

taqueso posted:

On the website? There is a link to activate premium on my profile.

maybe bc im in game...i dunno

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Got an old poster reframed in celebration of the new Battletech game, but I'm sure this thread can appreciate it too...

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD
That's awesome.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
Sooo Obsidian Black and Hotrod Black are both the same color. Literally no different. You'd think the obsidian would look a little purplish or a tinge of blue.

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

I just looked and it only shows up if you have hours banked in increments of 30 days.

Magwai
Aug 16, 2002
Snail Priest

Super 3 posted:

Triple AC5 is so much DAKKA it's a blast to play.
:smugdog:

On my bountry hunter I started with the AC20 and ended up downgrading to the AC10. On your build I'd drop from 3 to 1 jumpjet in favor of maxing your arm armor and adding in some more ammo for the AC10.

The singe jumpjet is just to help you up terrain and give you some ability to spin quick on people circling you.

Basically the meta-mech build is what I run: http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/mechlab#i=348&l=9b902345c7af042bdf9bb6507e863aaf730e2808

This is mostly the build that I run, but since I like keeping Arm and Torso ML's separate, and I know that if I put one ML in it's own weapon group, I'd never use it. I just replaced that ML with a flamer. It doesn't seem like a lot, but there are plenty of times in a close brawl where I've shut my opponent down since they're running hot anyway. I also stick with the AC10 instead of AC20, mostly so I can have something to do when I'm not in range of the medium lasers.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

So I booted the game up for the weekend after a long absence and boy did the Archer kill the poo poo out of solo queue match quality. Quite an accomplishment given how awful it already was.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Oh Snapple! posted:

So I booted the game up for the weekend after a long absence and boy did the Archer kill the poo poo out of solo queue match quality. Quite an accomplishment given how awful it already was.

The event is wrecking the solo queue for heavies in general. Which is fine because I usually play mediums 😐👍

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
I'm getting 500-700 damage every game on my Jagermech so I can't complain. :waycool:

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Go lick a dog's ass til it bleeds.
Hi, my pilot name is Girlcar. May I get an invite to [GIRL]?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I did it. I finally Elited the Ice Ferret. So proud of myself.

Workin' it.

Stringbean fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Apr 11, 2016

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

Marijuana posted:

Hi, my pilot name is Girlcar. May I get an invite to [GIRL]?

Looks like you have an invite waiting.

Lonjon
Jun 26, 2007

Books are the real treasures of the world!
Fun Shoe

MWO is not a joke

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

Lonjon posted:

Looks like you have an invite waiting.

I am dumb and accepted a unit invite from a pubbie and can't break my faction contract for 2 more days.

e: I didn't even know what a unit was at the time.

Marijuana fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 11, 2016

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
Is NKVA going to have a team for the aimbot tourney?

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Is there any good heavy IS brawler besides the two mentioned in the OP (Tbolt and Jager)? I'm looking to fool around with ACs or SRMs and I've got a Jager already so I figure I mise well mix it up chassis-wise, too.

Takkaryx
Oct 17, 2007

Bunnies (very useful) Scientific Facts: Bunnies never close doors
Do you need it to be IS? I have a very fun 4xSRM6-A 5xSPL timberwolf that blows holes in things. If you need IS there's a catapult that can do a SRM6 build well, and will only get better once it gets reduced in size in an upcoming patch.

ZombyDog
Jul 11, 2001

Ere to fix yer gubbinz

Mornacale posted:

Is there any good heavy IS brawler besides the two mentioned in the OP (Tbolt and Jager)? I'm looking to fool around with ACs or SRMs and I've got a Jager already so I figure I mise well mix it up chassis-wise, too.
When they become available for c-bills I'd recommend all of the Marauders because they are pretty good.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

Mornacale posted:

Marauders and Warhammers, but they're only MC at the moment. Both are very dakka friendly...

Ummmm if you want to push the boundaries of "good" IS heavies. There's a variant of the Caraphract that can mount quad AC5. There's an Orion or two that can get away with AC20 and SRMs for brawling purposes.

Or you can save your money and get some clan heavies. As mentioned before the Timberwolf makes a great brawler. Ebon Jaguar can be outfitted with decent AC fits.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
I hit 1000 damage for the first time with my splatwolf last night. It's an amazing brawler

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Post Marauder and Warhammer builds so I can throw them in the OP.

Probably won't put a build up there coming from someone I don't know unless it can be verified good.

Sorry not sorry

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Anita Dickinme posted:

Post Marauder and Warhammer builds so I can throw them in the OP.

Probably won't put a build up there coming from someone I don't know unless it can be verified good.

Sorry not sorry

I listed 5 different variants for the BH and the 3R on the previous page.

Also, I find it funny how 228 and other people aren't even trying to hide that they use Helios any more. Seriously when someone gets 1200 damage and 7 kills in a solo queue while never getting closer than 800m, you can't tell me thats skill. I guess I need to "git gud". So can't wait for the finals where the fights take 3-4 times as long because none of them can aim for themselves.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
Does anyone know when the Marauder will be available for C-Bills?

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
I'd imagine the MAD being C-bill ready by.... May? Perhaps June? Rifleman will be up for MC at the same time perhaps.

TjyvTompa
Jun 1, 2001

im gay
I found it, the Marauder will be available for C-Bills on the 19th this month.
It is so stupidly expensive to buy mechs with MC, if you have the cash you get much more value from a mastery pack.

darthzeta88
May 31, 2013

by Pragmatica
done with my contract as spacevikings can I get an invite into WoL pilot name is darthzeta

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Stringbean posted:

Or you can save your money and get some clan heavies. As mentioned before the Timberwolf makes a great brawler. Ebon Jaguar can be outfitted with decent AC fits.

I think i'm about to get my first timberwolf. Hellbringer's good, but i've been wanting something a bit beefier and brawlier on the clan side.

Do any particular models stand out as far as get/don't get, either due to unique hardpoints or good gear built in?

I was just noticing that the -a LT has some negative quirks... because it has 3 super high mounted energy mounts. that looks really sexy.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010

TheParadigm posted:

I think i'm about to get my first timberwolf. Hellbringer's good, but i've been wanting something a bit beefier and brawlier on the clan side.

Do any particular models stand out as far as get/don't get, either due to unique hardpoints or good gear built in?

I was just noticing that the -a LT has some negative quirks... because it has 3 super high mounted energy mounts. that looks really sexy.

Get any of them that has that CT energy hard point. I think the A/C/D all have that mount on it. The Prime and S both lack it. I'm pretty sure the negative quirks are just reduce yaw speed. Nothing too crippling.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
those super high mounts are really worth it too

TheParadigm
Dec 10, 2009

Yeah, but that's an omnipod to buy seperately.

I think the prime has a CT ballistic on it? Worth it at all?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat

TheParadigm posted:

I think the prime has a CT ballistic on it? Worth it at all?

Not at all. The Timber Wolf can't hide machinegun ammo in the legs, and it can't mount enough machineguns to make them worthwhile.

Marijuana
May 8, 2011

I tried the ACH-Prime build from the OP and had my best game so far (I'm terrible). Arctic Cheetahs really are murderers.

edit: screenshot

Marijuana fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Apr 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

veedubfreak posted:

I listed 5 different variants for the BH and the 3R on the previous page.

I completely forgot you did. :shobon:

• Locked thread