Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Did the beta build of the hotfix address the whole "sector governors terraforming poo poo at random with Ecological Adaptation"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Captain Oblivious posted:

Did the beta build of the hotfix address the whole "sector governors terraforming poo poo at random with Ecological Adaptation"?

It seems like something as massive as terraforming should be another sector governor checkbox thing.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Baronjutter posted:

I'm down to 1 relic left for my precusor quest and the game keeps trying to spawn new anomalies but failing. I get the popup telling me "a precursor site has been found on in the system". It's blank, no planet or system is named.

Yeah, I was getting a bunch of those too. I did eventually get one to spawn correctly though, so whatever the problem is it's intermittent.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

PittTheElder posted:

Yeah, I was getting a bunch of those too. I did eventually get one to spawn correctly though, so whatever the problem is it's intermittent.

I had like 4 of my other artifacts generated through this event perfectly, it's just down to the last one now and it failed 4 times in a row :(

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I've had precursor anomalies fail to spawn and I suspect it's because they tried to spawn on planets which had already had anomalies. Because the last time it happened it tried to spawn on the same planet it had already spawned a new precursor anomaly on, which is why I remember it. But it has never had a blank name for the system and planet, I think. :iiam:

KingLemming
Jan 1, 2013

fuck gregtech

Soup du Journey posted:

in light of all this, i take it it's not possible to set which species you'd like to clone, right?

Not the way I'm doing it right now. In theory, some sort of special project kludgery could be set up, but I don't really want to get into that. It would sort of stick out next to the other buildable pop options.

Admittedly, that didn't stop people from using the Geoengineering mod, which had all sorts of Special Project kludges. ;)

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
I..I went all in on missiles and torpedoes with a side of strike craft. They seem to do pretty well in the initial barrage and then get stomped. Is there a level of computers that tells ships, "hang back and let the corvettes do the dying," before battleships?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
no. there's really no way to unfuck missiles or strike craft right now, just switch to whatever else you have and prioritize researching salvage to switch weapon techs.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

habituallyred posted:

I..I went all in on missiles and torpedoes with a side of strike craft. They seem to do pretty well in the initial barrage and then get stomped. Is there a level of computers that tells ships, "hang back and let the corvettes do the dying," before battleships?

Destroyers also try to keep distance, generally.

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
In my ongoing tinkering with the game I changed all the stats on the weapons to try to make them feel more role-specialized, and I ended up with pretty strong missiles. I reduced tracking across the board on most other weapon types, and also bumped the range on missiles significantly. They end up being the best corvette/destroyer killers, and the big range boost means they really feel pretty different. I also heavily bumped up the power on strike craft.

I haven't put a great deal of effort into balancing it, but it feels more fun - if they bring bombers you'd better hope you have flak or fighters of your own. Missiles become very worthwhile for their huge range bonuses, but can still be overcome by enough PD/flak, etc.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

habituallyred posted:

Theres a mod that works OK for this but I dunno if it works with Utopia right now. Doesnt stop cruisers from being in front for some reason in formation, though

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE
Dec 30, 2010

I'm a little sissy boy who only wants to have the Cybrex quest chain trigger in all of my games because the others are a waste of time. What's the most effective way to console that in, or save game edit it in?

Rougey
Oct 24, 2013

FLIPSIXTHREEHOLE posted:

I'm a little sissy boy who only wants to have the Cybrex quest chain trigger in all of my games because the others are a waste of time. What's the most effective way to console that in, or save game edit it in?

Last game I had the Cybrex Chain, Sanctuary within spitting distance, and a broken ringworld spawn a little further away than that - only wish Fan Materials FE spawned for extra ringworld fun.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

OwlFancier posted:

Destroyers also try to keep distance, generally.

Corvettes and Cruisers will rush in, Destroyers and Battleships will keep distance.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
The idea of not upgrading everything on a ship so it's the best it can be is something I admit that I never really thought over. I imagined depriving yourself of upgrades hurt you but I suppose that counters to ships/weapons are still effective ,even if not at their peak.

The Gardenator
May 4, 2007

Yams Fan
When this hotfix hits, will my peaceful federation playthrough get stomped by a holy world guardian Fallen Empire? I am only on my second game, and colonized a gaia world that was a holy world and right after gained contact with the holy guardian FE. They did not demand anything and are sitting at -180 angry.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

How do I actually get these birthday aliens? They aren't in my game, they aren't in my DLC list in the launcher, and when I hit "download" on the steam entry for it it just launches the stellaris launcher.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
The beta patch doesn't seem to have fixed the peaceful galaxy issue.

Baronjutter posted:

How do I actually get these birthday aliens? They aren't in my game, they aren't in my DLC list in the launcher, and when I hit "download" on the steam entry for it it just launches the stellaris launcher.
Restarting steam fixed it for me.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

It's in the store dlc list.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

misguided rage posted:

Seriously? They claim to have fixed it in the patch notes :(
People on the paradox forums saying they're seeing AI declare and successfully have wars.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 06:13 on May 12, 2017

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

misguided rage posted:

My galaxy seems to have space assholes space assholing it up :shrug:

Maybe you just got an unlucky roll of lots of hippy personality types

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

SkySteak posted:

The idea of not upgrading everything on a ship so it's the best it can be is something I admit that I never really thought over. I imagined depriving yourself of upgrades hurt you but I suppose that counters to ships/weapons are still effective ,even if not at their peak.

it's more that the upgrades increase the cost without increasing effectiveness proportionally. you probably don't want to leave your ships totally un-upgraded, but don't worry about tech disparities when it comes time to go to war. just spam whatever you have.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
Man sector AI really sucks a big one doesn't it

Like will the sector AI ever loving clear a god drat tile blocker, Christ

Legs Benedict fucked around with this message at 06:36 on May 12, 2017

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Captain Oblivious posted:

My galaxy seems to have space assholes space assholing it up :shrug:

Maybe you just got an unlucky roll of lots of hippy personality types
I'm in a multiplayer game, so maybe that's causing an issue? We're definitely both on 1.6.1. I'm playing fanatical purifiers so it's probably not a case of space hippies.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

misguided rage posted:

I'm playing fanatical purifiers

there's your problem. everyone hates purifiers and devourers, civs with a common enemy are more likely to form pacts with each other, and pacts cement into more permanent alliances over time.

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Yes so I would expect them to declare war on me at some point. Prior to 1.6 they 100% would have.

e: like when I figured out it was still going on I stopped building fleets and settled an extra 6 colonies. Everyone around me is overwhelming and they're still just glowering at me.

misguided rage fucked around with this message at 06:31 on May 12, 2017

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

Cease to Hope posted:

it's more that the upgrades increase the cost without increasing effectiveness proportionally. you probably don't want to leave your ships totally un-upgraded, but don't worry about tech disparities when it comes time to go to war. just spam whatever you have.

Oh naturally, I am speaking more of advancing to the latest tech straight away which could easily ensure ships became prohibitively expensive vs the economy I had

misguided rage
Jun 15, 2010

Turns out I posted too soon, someone on the other side of the galaxy just declared war on a neighbour. Still seems really weird that no one near me is attacking though!

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Pops go total opposite of your government way too easy. With fanatic spiritualist/militarist and every drat ethos thing I can use 1/2 my pop decided to be peace loving hippies even with me declaring wars and rivalries. Even on planets I took over from a fanatic purifier the pops went pacifist.

This is on the beta build.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

ded posted:

Pops go total opposite of your government way too easy. With fanatic spiritualist/militarist and every drat ethos thing I can use 1/2 my pop decided to be peace loving hippies even with me declaring wars and rivalries.

This is on the beta build.

I can confirm this. I am playing a Fan Mill/Xenophobe Democracy and due to an Economic Faction and No War, I had pacifism at a similar attraction to Militarist. Suppressing does help but still.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
I think I'm going to try a pacifist game and see if my pops decide to be militarist. That would be funny as hell.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

1.6.1, very early game, just had a neighboring empire pop up out of nowhere on the map. No other empires found yet, but there was no "holy poo poo, unidentified aliens" research in the event log or anything, they were there suddenly. Any idea what'd make that happen?

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Wolfechu posted:

1.6.1, very early game, just had a neighboring empire pop up out of nowhere on the map. No other empires found yet, but there was no "holy poo poo, unidentified aliens" research in the event log or anything, they were there suddenly. Any idea what'd make that happen?
Probably space age primitives inventing FTL drive and becoming a proper empire.

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Poil posted:

I dunno if they tweaked the values but in my games, like 90% of all pre-FTL civilizations nuke themselves before reaching space.

And for more social commentary, why can't I set a Utopian Living standard without Egalitarian? My Irenic Monarchy is more then happy to give everyone what they want. :sweden:

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Heh pacifists do not want to become militarists. The weight for pacifism is way too drat high.

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

Poil posted:

That's possible, but we're talking like 10 years into the game, can that happen that quickly?

Eastbound Spider
Jan 2, 2011

Well, you did it :v:

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Note to self: Don't rival a xenophobe FE for shits and giggles. Sure they may be at literally the other side of the galaxy, but they do not take jokes well.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Can you vassalize hiveminds? What happens when you integrate them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Splicer posted:

Note to self: Don't rival a xenophobe FE for shits and giggles. Sure they may be at literally the other side of the galaxy, but they do not take jokes well.

yeah you do that once you can farm their fleets

• Locked thread