Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Not sure I'm gonna trust this man on good and evil:

My terrible avatar choice has come back to haunt me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

I was on Hayling Island this morning when the storms rolled into Portsmouth and goddamnit, I love me a good storm

Yeah this is mental, 140 strikes a minute

https://www.lightningmaps.org/#y=53.8364;x=-1.9359;z=9;t=3;m=sat;r=0;s=0;o=0;b=;n=0;d=4;dl=2;dc=0;

Anyone ITT in the middle of what looks p. apocalyptic from the map?

Scikar
Nov 20, 2005

5? Seriously?

bessantj posted:

This election is really unhinging some people. I've just seen someone say that Corbyn has no concept of good/evil, right/wrong and just/unjust. Even if you don't like the man you can't come to a conclusion like that without leaving reality a little.

https://twitter.com/pablonav1/status/868383953551577089

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Oberleutnant posted:

In the Sun, so I won't link, but this just happened in the US:

Just a quiet gardener doing some pruning.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Thanks Ants posted:

Here being London yesterday where the air quality is poo poo and there's no breeze.

I went for a walk right through the City - Aldgate to Bart's via st Paul's then back via London Wall - at lunchtime yesterday and there was a lovely fresh breeze and the air quality was kind of okay. My hay fever didn't even flicker. Probably the nicest weather I've seen in the centre of town in ten years.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I'm swiping at my tablet screen desperately trying to see overleaf

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
I'd vote for Corbyn if he promised to bring back Spaghetti Bolognese Crispy Pancakes and Ready Salted Chipsticks

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Corbyn on the news again giving a good statement about how 'ungoverned spaces' in Libya are a threat to all of us, and we must foster a strong sense of community to prevent radicalisation. Labour also talking about more money for grassroots football today.

Have the Tories done anything since campaigning resumed? Have they decided that doing stuff was just losing them their lead, so complete silence is preferable?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
Make sure your population is intelligent, wise and questioning before you enact direct democracy. Otherwise you just get capital punishment, weird racist laws that make no sense and all TV is legally required to be I'm a celebrity get me out of here (classism, I don't give a gently caress!!!!! I do what I want!)

Intrinsic Field Marshal posted:

I'd vote for Corbyn if he promised to bring back Spaghetti Bolognese Crispy Pancakes and Ready Salted Chipsticks

Send him an email. I bet he would.

Acaila
Jan 2, 2011

Yeah, you can't scan the front and not scan the overleaf!

Rain has just started here. Quite welcome, since we've had every window in the house open, with doors propped to try and encourage some through-draft, for the last two and a half days.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Ah poo poo the lightning is headed towards my Nan's house and she's 90 this week and has a dicky heart :(

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

jabby posted:

Have the Tories done anything since campaigning resumed? Have they decided that doing stuff was just losing them their lead, so complete silence is preferable?

I'll have you know they've made several tweets about how Jeremy Corbyn is stupid and has a beard, what more do you want of them

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

bessantj posted:

This election is really unhinging some people. I've just seen someone say that Corbyn has no concept of good/evil, right/wrong and just/unjust. Even if you don't like the man you can't come to a conclusion like that without leaving reality a little.

i look forward to reading his guardian column

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

learnincurve posted:

Ah poo poo the lightning is headed towards my Nan's house and she's 90 this week and has a dicky heart :(

Is there anyone who can stay with her?

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Regarde Aduck posted:

Make sure your population is intelligent, wise and questioning before you enact direct democracy. Otherwise you just get capital punishment, weird racist laws that make no sense and all TV is legally required to be I'm a celebrity get me out of here (classism, I don't give a gently caress!!!!! I do what I want!)

Send him an email. I bet he would.

How long before DUDE WEED LMAO and no tax on tobacco come into place

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

He could run a loving junta if he promises me we get turkey twizzlers back.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Woah, as I was posting that the it went from around 80/min and slowed to 14/min and changed direction away from sherburn. i'd make jokes about my nan being a witch but she's a really lovely lady.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

He could run a loving junta if he promises me we get turkey twizzlers back.

Two cars in every garage, a free Freddo in every lunchbox!

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Yvonmukluk posted:

Two cars in every garage, a free Freddo in every lunchbox!

Caramel or plain chocolate?

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

:love: that's because when you find what you are looking for, you tend to stop searching :love:

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

thehappyprince posted:

He's basing it on the fact that Corbyn is BFFs with the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah, his paid appearances on Iranian state TV, his support for the Russians in the Crimean conflict and Syria, his support for Milosevic in Kosovo, his support for Castro and Gaddafi and countless brutal Latin American regimes. He says basically any time the Americans or the Jews are on one side of a conflict, you can be sure Corbyn will be on the other.

What can you do when faced with such overwhelming evidence.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

thehappyprince posted:

Why does the Guardian hate Corbyn so much?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

#bringbackTAZ

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

caramel freddos are to be renamed back to Taz bars, as is proper

e: solidarity, comrade^

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I went for a walk right through the City - Aldgate to Bart's via st Paul's then back via London Wall - at lunchtime yesterday and there was a lovely fresh breeze and the air quality was kind of okay. My hay fever didn't even flicker. Probably the nicest weather I've seen in the centre of town in ten years.

I was out at around 2 near Park Lane but far enough into the streets that the air wasn't moving much and it was pretty horrible. Usually I get out for lunch and walk from Southwark Bridge to Waterloo along the South Bank and it's lovely.

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2017/may/27/me-and-my-penis-100-men-reveal-all

benis

Intrinsic Field Marshal
Sep 6, 2014

by SA Support Robot

Angepain posted:

caramel freddos are to be renamed back to Taz bars, as is proper

e: solidarity, comrade^

Ah the days of Saturday Morning CBBC with Taz-Mania and the 90s Spiderman cartoon

Shame Freeview JUSTED CBBC so hard all they have on is lovely game shows and Tracy Beaker repeats

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

they're middle class liberals who support leftism until it becomes feasible and could affect them, then they start all their hand wringing.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

bessantj posted:

He's basing it on the fact that Corbyn is BFFs with the IRA, Hamas, Hezbollah, his paid appearances on Iranian state TV, his support for the Russians in the Crimean conflict and Syria, his support for Milosevic in Kosovo, his support for Castro and Gaddafi and countless brutal Latin American regimes. He says basically any time the Americans or the Jews are on one side of a conflict, you can be sure Corbyn will be on the other.

Does Corbyn really side with Russia over the Ukraine conflict and support Milosevic? I have my doubts but I don't know anything about this.

A good question.

They initially heavily backed one of the other contenders for Labour leadership. I can't remember which one. When Corbyn won they went into melt down and started supporting the lib dems. That hasn't worked out for them. Whether there is anything deeper than spite that their chosen candidate didn't win I don't know. It's bizarre and when it's one of only 3 mainstream leftist papers it's been damaging to Corbyn. They could have been pushing an agenda much like the Sun, Mail and Express do for the Tories.

Regarde Aduck fucked around with this message at 14:50 on May 27, 2017

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

10 degrees left of centre in good times. 10 degrees right when it impacts them personally.

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

Oberleutnant posted:

10 degrees left of centre in good times. 10 degrees right when it impacts them personally.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u52Oz-54VYw

Haha, it's funny how the more things change, the more they stay the same.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Regarde Aduck posted:

Does Corbyn really side with Russia over the Ukraine conflict and support Milosevic? I have my doubts but I don't know anything about this.

As far as I can remember he points out that the continued existence and expansion of NATO (despite the collapse of the Warsaw Pact it was supposed to oppose) threatens Russia/makes Russia feel threatened and they act accordingly to make sure they retain a buffer.

I would be astounded to hear he says anything positive about Milosevic, only that the NATO intervention was excessive and made some things worse.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

bessantj posted:

Yea, people go to some strange places when there's no actual evidence to support the conclusions they started out with.
Case in point.

I'm pretty jealous of all you people in thunderstorms :mad: all I have is heat and a few clouds.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
So my girlfriend's been struck at the airport for a few hours because British Airways computer systems have crash worldwide.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

I too want to to know how to live in a bad fantasy book cover.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

Just got done handing leaflets out a Labour stall in the town centre. First bit of party political action I've done and despite me being a total goony shut-in it was pretty good. I'd really encourage any Labour members here to give it a go, if you haven't already.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Weather update: Bit zappy + damp in Yorkshire

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

bessantj posted:

"I have evolved beyond such paltry mortal notions of morality. The sky thunders before my wake; my step rots the earth beneath; my gaze boils the sea. I am Omega - I am become entropy itself' - Corbyn, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

bessantj posted:

The US being well known for their strong, almost fanatical anti-republican position.

• Locked thread