Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
It's 100% guaranteed to break again unless you get brave and learn how to combine drilling and pinning with epoxy glue. After that, you'll break every other bit of it before you break that limb again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GeauxSteve
Feb 26, 2004
Nubzilla
On Friday I went wild on eBay and ordered a Marvel Select Iron Man, Marvel Select Thanos/Death, Classic Lion-o, Marvel Select Collossus, a Batman Hush Batman, and a Black Series Clone Trooper. Pretty excited

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

GeauxSteve posted:

On Friday I went wild on eBay and ordered a Marvel Select Iron Man, Marvel Select Thanos/Death, Classic Lion-o, Marvel Select Collossus, a Batman Hush Batman, and a Black Series Clone Trooper. Pretty excited

Thanos is pretty awesome.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Bushifox posted:

Thanos is pretty awesome.

Yeah I have him and the MS Watcher mixed in with my ML's. They're both great and still work well with the smaller scale Legends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
This is awesome. I hope they go against the norm and do this in color

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Jace Madan posted:

What is wrong with the paint? The only thing I heard of is it has a really obvious blue wash to it, whereas the original release was more black in color.

There's a white splotch of paint on his alternate head on the tongue as well as the hand being posed in the box (the peg is bent) that may lead to it breaking later on. Anyone else have this issue with Marvel Select / BigBadToyStore? I dont want to open it if its going to be broken...

ultraviolence123
Jul 3, 2002

Zorglorfian posted:

There's a white splotch of paint on his alternate head on the tongue as well as the hand being posed in the box (the peg is bent) that may lead to it breaking later on. Anyone else have this issue with Marvel Select / BigBadToyStore? I dont want to open it if its going to be broken...

I bought four from BBTS, none of mine have any real issues other than the tongue head is kinda loose on one and when you attach the extra heads / arms backpack he becomes very top heavy and tips over. And they're too heavy to use with Figuarts stands, I need to find a stand that can hold larger figures so that come March I can have a dynamic Venom vs Carnage pose gaining. The paint is nice in all of mine. BBTS are good people in my experience, so if something you buy breaks right away, they'd be down to help you out.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!
The real issue is that I paid for a good figure and I got a bad one AND I have to pay shipping back to get another that may or may not be "better quality" according to them? Their policy is that they'll pay shipping back for defective products and as far as they are concerned, cosmetic wear is not a defect. Really hoping I win on this because it is literally the last figure I need.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Mondo pre-orders open up tomorrow for their 16" Iron Giant.

$300

or

$315 for an extra hand prop (used when the hand was walking around)

http://io9.com/watch-brad-bird-play-with-mondos-iron-giant-figure-and-1680911616

quote:

Mondo worked to obtain the digital files used in the film to create the most accurate and detailed Iron Giant figure to date.

The figure features over 30 points of articulation and a variety of accessories allowing you to transform the Iron Giant into all of his notable incarnations. You'll receive two interchangeable heads with light-up eyes, a magnetic "S" that can be detached from a Seafood sign and attached to his chest, switch-out "War Arm" when things get tense, a Hogarth mini-figure, and of course, a girder to munch on. Additionally, the figure includes a sound feature with favorite Iron Giant quotes from the film. The limited edition "Hand Under Foot" accessory (the Iron Giant's detached hand that gets loose in the farmhouse) will be available exclusively through our website.

The figure will be sold for $300. A limited edition version of the figure with the "Hand Under Foot" accessory will be sold for $315

The Iron Giant Deluxe Figure will be available at Mondo starting tomorrow. Please follow us on Twitter (@MondoNews) for the on sale announcement.

DJ Turbo Punch
Feb 3, 2006

WAKE UP

So I have a NECA '79 alien on the way and I'm thinking about customizing him a bit. I'm not really happy with the white dome on his head and I want to change it to a darker color to make it a little more screen accurate. Problem is, I want it to maintain that translucent quality to show off the inside of the skull. Any ideas on how I could pull this off?

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

I saw that Iron Giant at some show and it looks underwhelming for that price, personally.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

therealjon_ posted:

I saw that Iron Giant at some show and it looks underwhelming for that price, personally.

I actually agree. I saw it at SDCC last year and at $150-200 it would've been a must buy. At $300? I'm just not sure it's good enough.

Truth be told, Mondo's been super overpricing their toys IMO. They already had to lower Mikey's price once, I'm betting Iron Giant will need a reprice too.

The plus is, there's time to think about it. Mondo toys are made to order so as long as the preorder is available, you can purchase.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

DJ Turbo Punch posted:

So I have a NECA '79 alien on the way and I'm thinking about customizing him a bit. I'm not really happy with the white dome on his head and I want to change it to a darker color to make it a little more screen accurate. Problem is, I want it to maintain that translucent quality to show off the inside of the skull. Any ideas on how I could pull this off?

Let me know if you discover something. If there was a recipe for making the Monsterarts big chap not look like a lab specimen I'd buy that in a heart beat.

RusteJuxx
Jul 14, 2001

College Slice
I really am looking forward to that Iron Giant. I've been following the news around it since it was announced.

I never buy figures of any sort (though I like seeing them) - is it really not worth the money for the figure? It's the only Iron Giant I've seen that wasn't cheap plastic and exceptionally small.

Did the paint look shoddy on the models you saw or anything else with the build quality or is it just that for that price you'd expect more accessories or something similar?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I haven't seen it in person, but the design of the Iron Giant character seems too simple for that kind of price.

When the crazy detailed Hot Toys figures go for $250, $300 for a character that's mostly straight lines seems high.

Although it does say it has lights and sounds and it's about a third taller than 1/6 scale.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Has anyone seen the ML Spider-man Goblin series going on sale/clearance? I have all of them except Electro (he sucks) but I'm kind of itching to put the BAF together and my Ebay searches turn up nobody selling that arm.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Has anyone seen the ML Spider-man Goblin series going on sale/clearance? I have all of them except Electro (he sucks) but I'm kind of itching to put the BAF together and my Ebay searches turn up nobody selling that arm.

Hasbro toy shop had a couple of the figures from that wave on sale, I didn't notice if one was Electro. However the Odin wave is "coming soon" on HTS so start looking gentlemen

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Hasbro toy shop had a couple of the figures from that wave on sale, I didn't notice if one was Electro. However the Odin wave is "coming soon" on HTS so start looking gentlemen

Didn't see him there. For what it's worth other than Black Cat and Carnage I paid $8-9 for each of the others. I think even $15 is too much for a figure I don't even like. Meijer marked the Cap Legends to $15, I need to pick up a Red Skull before he vanishes but since I already have Bob I didn't need to worry about the BAF piece.

HOT! New Memes
May 31, 2006

With mondo toys isn't it like the posters with price? Yeah it's a piece of plastic/paper but what you are really buying and spending money on is the artist's name?

Like I could take a picture of a slipper stamp it in photoshop, add pink and throw Cinderella title on it and it's not worth much but the right name does the same thing then it it's hipster gold and $300

HOT! New Memes fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Jan 22, 2015

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Taste the Rainbugh posted:

With mondo toys isn't it like the posters with price? Yeah it's a piece of plastic/paper but what you are really buying and spending money on is the artist's name?

Like I could take a picture of a slipper stamp it in photoshop, add pink and throw Cinderella title on it and it's not worth much but the right name does the same thing then it it's hipster gold and $300

That's the ebay price. I'm pretty sure they sell them for much cheaper.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Most Mondo posters don't sell for more than $60 if you get them direct from Mondo (variants can be a little more). It's aftermarket that shoots the price up because the production runs are super tiny (usually not more than 300). The explanation from Mondo about this is that to get the licenses they get, they have to keep the production runs low because otherwise it would become prohibitively expensive.

Also I missed the part where the Iron Giant is actually limited in the pre-order phase (1000 regular, 250 variant). Now I have to decide today if I want it or not :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Ah thank you California port delays, next week's gonna be an expensive one what with two months worth of Hot Toys arriving together.

Havoc904
Jul 29, 2006

A school festival is a festival that takes place at our school!

The Rage posted:

Ah thank you California port delays, next week's gonna be an expensive one what with two months worth of Hot Toys arriving together.

Yeah, the same thing is happening at my house. The new Sideshow Captain Rex just came in yesterday, and I want to say we have another 2-3 hot toys/star wars sideshow figures coming in next week as well. My wife got on the waiting list for the Sideshow Boba Fett, but we figured since it was so sought after that we would have to buy it on ebay. Last week she got an email saying they had an extra one and now it is part of the collection! So I guess always put yourself on the wait list because you never know if you will get a good chance!

The toy aisles are looking desolate around here due to the port delays as well.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
The new Avengers Legends figures are starting to sporadically drop in Canada so they'll probably hit TRU/Target/Wal-Mart sometime in the next couple weeks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Louisgod posted:

The new Avengers Legends figures are starting to sporadically drop in Canada so they'll probably hit TRU/Target/Wal-Mart sometime in the next couple weeks.

I guess we'll see if they ever show up here. I've never even seen the Guardians figures in Canada.

And the Toys R Us X-men wave never made it here into Quebec but I did see them at a Toys R Us in Ontario once.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

I dont think Mondo is going to be selling out of that thing.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Vintersorg posted:

I dont think Mondo is going to be selling out of that thing.

They sold out of the 250 special edition in under 5 minutes. I'd be interested in seeing real numbers of sales after a day.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Whelp.

Some rich mother fuckers there right now.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

I guess we'll see if they ever show up here. I've never even seen the Guardians figures in Canada.

And the Toys R Us X-men wave never made it here into Quebec but I did see them at a Toys R Us in Ontario once.

...And I actually saw the wave today at a Walmart.

The only one from the set already sold was Machine Man.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

Canada Wal-Mart?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yep, Quebec even which is usually another level below in getting things (because english packaging.)

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Very nice! I guess there's been Target sightings in the U.S. but I still haven't seen any pictures

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Aphrodite posted:

Went to a Target yesterday just to look, there was an entire aisle of Marvel stuff with one item each on the pegs and there were still empty pegs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Duke Igthorn posted:

Went to a Target yesterday just to look, there was an entire aisle of Marvel stuff with one item each on the pegs and there were still empty pegs.

Hmmmm I wonder what's going on...

International receiving docks during normal operations

And last week

There's our toys.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
What's going on with the customs delays?

I mean, I get they are delayed but was it a strike or bad weather or someone trying to do that A-Team ending in real life, or what?

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
What is wrong with those people, don't they realize how many manchildren they're upsetting over this?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Walmart doesn't seem to be affected by it, I guess because they're Walmart.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Aphrodite posted:

Walmart doesn't seem to be affected by it, I guess because they're Walmart.

Some shipments are squeaking out. And if you order an individual item from China you'll get it normally. It's just bulk shipments are being held up.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Walmart probably has its own dock workers, like it does with its own truckers

The reason for the delay in California is the longshoremen were on strike, and now I guess they're "partially" back to work, so crates are slowly moving out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

Some shipments are squeaking out. And if you order an individual item from China you'll get it normally. It's just bulk shipments are being held up.

I mean just in general. I've seen the empty shelves other places, but Walmart looks like normal.