Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Make Stargates with 16 segments, each figure occupying one section of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flavor Bear
Jan 13, 2008

Bear Love is Best Love

Pyroclastic posted:

So I guess Lego's opening up 10 new stores in North America this year:
Nashville, TN
Victor, NY
Vancouver, BC; Canada
Wauwatosa, WI
The Woodlands, TX
Peabody, MA
Overland Park, KS
Elizabeth, NJ
Lynnwood, WA
Alpharetta, GA

I really don't understand the Lynnwood store. It's 20 minutes away from the Bellevue store.

They're also introducing set 3300003 LEGO Retail Store for these openings.

:( Western PA needs a store.
Monroeville would be perfect.
Hell, I'd go as far as Grove City.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Wolverine-s-Chopper-Showdown-6866?CMP=EMC-VIP2012AprilNLNUS&HQS=whatsnew_set2_img

"Sorry, this item is not available in the US"

:smith:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Captain Invictus posted:

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Wolverine-s-Chopper-Showdown-6866?CMP=EMC-VIP2012AprilNLNUS&HQS=whatsnew_set2_img

"Sorry, this item is not available in the US"

:smith:
That needs to hurry up and get released. I want a Lego Deadpool.

Also, I got the X-Wing from Amazon and drat if that wasn't a neat build (other than doing the wings four times). The wing transformation is pretty slick.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

The Lego store I was in at the weekend had the Marvel stuff in. I should have picked up that Chopper set. :(

Sean OFarrell
Feb 27, 2012
S7 doesn't come out till May and I'm not even gonna be here! fml

C-C-C-CUNT
Jun 16, 2005

SHOOTING OUT MY WARRIOR JUICE

The_Doctor posted:

The Lego store I was in at the weekend had the Marvel stuff in. I should have picked up that Chopper set. :(

Got mine on Monday, fun but silmple little build but the minifigs are brilliant.
Also, in the adverts inside, they show Ultimate Spider-Man sets with an Iron Fist mimifig! Can't wait for that!

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

How do I go about selling a loose assembled set? I have the box and instructions and everything, should I just wrap it up in bubble wrap and maybe put the minifigs and pieces that could come off in a plastic bag?

It's the Lunar Limo by the way, neat set but I don't really have anywhere I want to display it.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

robot roll call posted:

How do I go about selling a loose assembled set? I have the box and instructions and everything, should I just wrap it up in bubble wrap and maybe put the minifigs and pieces that could come off in a plastic bag?

It's the Lunar Limo by the way, neat set but I don't really have anywhere I want to display it.

how much?

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

RodShaft posted:

how much?

I guess selling it to one of you would be easier than dicking around on ebay, huh? I dunno, 30 plus whatever shipping is?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

robot roll call posted:

I guess selling it to one of you would be easier than dicking around on ebay, huh? I dunno, 30 plus whatever shipping is?

Wife says I cannot buy anymore lego

Throwing it on SAmart would be the easiest. I've never used bricklink, but that would probably be fine too. eBay may get you the most money though.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Endless Mike posted:

That needs to hurry up and get released. I want a Lego Deadpool.

Also, I got the X-Wing from Amazon and drat if that wasn't a neat build (other than doing the wings four times). The wing transformation is pretty slick.

I tagged a whole ton of those sets on Tuesday! We are releasing them on the 9th. Technically its supposed to be the 8th, but we are closed for Easter. The new stuff looks pretty awesome. I'm excited to see what else comes out this year.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

I went a little crazy today. Bought 3x Apple Tree House on clearance at Target for 19.98 each, picked up 20 minifigs to complete Series 6 and 5, but apparently I'm terrible at feeling series 5, and ended up with an extra graduate and 2x Evil Dwarves. Now to see if I can trade them for ones I need.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

RodShaft posted:

Wife says I cannot buy anymore lego

What's up, significant other says we can't buy any more Lego buddy. :smith::hf::smith:

At least not till we know if we'll be moving across the country.

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

Canis Dufus posted:

Sorry for the delay, it took a while for moderation to approve the files. You can find the MOCs along with the LDD files here on MOCPages.

Canis,

Took s short break from collegework today and threw together this thing using some of the methods in your builds. You have some clever stuff going on in em.

I should really start using mocpages to dump all my stuff.

Revener
Aug 25, 2007

by angerbeet

robot roll call posted:

I'll buy that off you, shoot me a PM.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

This is adorable, especially how it breaks into parts and how you can buy more than one set and connect them.

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=68038

PeePot
Dec 1, 2002

Saint Sputnik posted:

What's up, significant other says we can't buy any more Lego buddy. :smith::hf::smith:

At least not till we know if we'll be moving across the country.

I have a strategy for some of the bigger sets. I hide it in my trunk overnight, in the morning she leaves before me, so I grab it and stash it in the basement. So she knows where it is and roughly the size of the stash, but not how often I buy them. :haw:

Don't forget the VIP only promo this Tuesday and Wednesday. Get a large Pick-A-Brick cup for the price of a small one. I've seen someone mention a limit of five cups, but I don't remember where. Can anyone verify that?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

smackfu posted:

This is adorable, especially how it breaks into parts and how you can buy more than one set and connect them.

Every MOC someone posts just fascinates me with creative uses for bricks. Like the vent plates (the 2x1's, I dont know the actual name) for windows.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

Revener posted:

I'll buy that off you, shoot me a PM.

I don't have PMs, just email me at sdwarren2 at gmail dot com

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

PeePot posted:

Don't forget the VIP only promo this Tuesday and Wednesday. Get a large Pick-A-Brick cup for the price of a small one. I've seen someone mention a limit of five cups, but I don't remember where. Can anyone verify that?

I haven't heard anything about a limit, but I definitely plan on buying at least 2 or 3 of them so I can finish the bar I'm working on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

youareoffthehook posted:

I tagged a whole ton of those sets on Tuesday! We are releasing them on the 9th. Technically its supposed to be the 8th, but we are closed for Easter. The new stuff looks pretty awesome. I'm excited to see what else comes out this year.
Oh awesome. I'm heading down near my local Lego store next weekend, anyway.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Version 1 of my minifig display, got a second one for S5+S6 (and S7 once I find it)

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Not sure if this is the right thread for it, but with all the minifig trading and other selling here lately, I hope it's not too much of a problem.

A year ago I had a bad experience with a guy, that, as a consequence of the whole situation, left a small part of his Lego collection at my house. As it was somehow sorted at the time and as it's only part of the collection, it's guaranteed to not have a single complete set in it. It's not in the best condition; some of it has even been chewed on (don't ask, I don't know either).

Since I don't care for Lego at all, I've considered throwing it in the trash. On the other hand, maybe someone here sees something they're interested in.

Pictures here.

It's slightly over 5kg. Shaving a bit off to get it under 5kg including packaging, I can mail it to anywhere in Belgium, the Netherlands, France, Germany or (possibly, have to check) the UK. The only thing I'd want in return, is a platinum upgrade. Postage will cost me twice that, so that seems a fair deal.

I'm not interested in the hassle of selling piecemeal; one person takes all of it or part of it and the rest goes in the trash. I don't have a paypal account for the transactions anyway.

Tell me nothing of it is worth anything or shoot me a mail at redacted if you're interested.

EDIT Have mail from two people already! I'm guessing the offer is closed now as it'll likely work out with one of them. I'll repost should both somehow fall through.

Flipperwaldt fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Apr 6, 2012

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

drat it, wasn't fast enough. Someone got a good deal. :(

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I had a friend come over today and they brought their kid with them. The little guy was amazed with lego and now his mom has to go get him some. She never thought he would like a educational toy.

He had me build him what looked like a WW2 twin mustang and was helping pick out what best pieces to build it. I was then given a quizical look of how I could know anything about fighter planes let alone building one. I showed him a few of the lego fighter's I do have(new technic jet fighter, sonic boom creator set, the vic viper from alien conquest and fast fliers) He really loved the switchblade wings of the technic and fast fliers planes.

Sure I am getting close to 30 and enjoy building stuff out of it but the kid was just so enthusiastic it was awesome. I think I made a new friend today.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Flipperwaldt posted:

Since I don't care for Lego at all, I've considered throwing it in the trash. On the other hand, maybe someone here sees something they're interested in.
It's really wasteful and lazy to just throw it away. Donate things to an orphanage or Goodwill/charity if you've no need of something, don't just trash everything you don't want that can be put to use by someone less fortunate. In the future, I mean.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

smackfu posted:

I love this! I'm gonna try and reverse engineer it (you said 'buy' but I can't find a link to do so anywhere).

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

MY LEGO WORKSHOP!

What once looked like this...

I painted to look like this...

With a little this...

I clean and equip it tomorrow. Pics to follow.

Also, even though she won't let me buy any lego for a while, I have the best wife ever.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man. There's a dude at PAX East selling Lego minifigures and Brickforge stuff for upwards of 15 dollars each. Like, the Witch from Series 2 for 10 dollars, dudes with Halo armor for 15, lime green 1x1 blocks with Creeper faces sharpie'd on for 2, and Brickforge anything for a buck each. I know conventions aren't great for good deals(6 dollar slice of pizza, 10 dollar freezer-quality bacon burger) but this is silly.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

I love this! I'm gonna try and reverse engineer it (you said 'buy' but I can't find a link to do so anywhere).
Oh yeah, not buy, build. Someone was saying he should put it up on Cusoo so that was on my mind.

A lot of the sets in that Eurobricks architecture contest are very nice. And a lot of obscure stuff that Lego will never do.

Testro
May 2, 2009
I think so many of the entries in competitions in Eurobricks are excellent, but that architecture contest is something else. I half debated giving it a go but after seeing the quality, there's no way I'm at that level yet.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Just got a small pile of Lego kits delivered, and finished the ARC-170.

Had a big smile on my face during the build, compared to the Tantive IV the build process was much smoother, no pieces out of place and some clever techniques used to build it. Definitely going to keep this one on my desk at work.

Any recommendations for building display stands I don't have to keep these sitting on top of my thermos?

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

The Lego tattoo I got last night!

EDIT: new picture that hopefully won't break tables!

youareoffthehook fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 7, 2012

tikan
Apr 30, 2009

youareoffthehook posted:

The Lego tattoo I got last night!

Think I might steal that design for a whole back one. Would that be ok?

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

tikan posted:

Think I might steal that design for a whole back one. Would that be ok?

Its fine with me, I found it GISing Brikwars. The original has arrows and barbed wire on the brick.

Schindler's Fist
Jul 22, 2004
Weasels! Get 'em off me! Aaaa!

RodShaft posted:

MY LEGO WORKSHOP!

What once looked like this...

I painted to look like this...

With a little this...

I clean and equip it tomorrow. Pics to follow.

Also, even though she won't let me buy any lego for a while, I have the best wife ever.

I suggest replacing the switch plate with a LEGO baseplate. Congrats on the new workspace!

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Schindler's Fist posted:

I suggest replacing the switch plate with a LEGO baseplate. Congrats on the new workspace!

I was going to take a page out of a lego catalog or instruction book and Mod Podge it to a faceplate. I will take the baseplate idea into consideration though. We'll see what I have when I organize my new brick acquisition.

High_Life
Sep 19, 2004

MIND GAMES...
My parents sold their house and I had to go clean out my room and our basement. I had wondered what had happened to all my Lego...they just were boxed up.

The sets, the train, and a about 6 shoe boxes full of pieces. I'm pretty sure there is some value in these sets due to certain pieces, but I might just hold onto them if my wife and I have a kid.

*Edit: Not pictured: Marina Police station, A couple of Medieval woodsman forts, small TOWN pieces, smaller pirate sets, and I think the airport, maybe a gas station.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

High_Life posted:

My parents sold their house and I had to go clean out my room and our basement. I had wondered what had happened to all my Lego...they just were boxed up.

The sets, the train, and a about 6 shoe boxes full of pieces. I'm pretty sure there is some value in these sets due to certain pieces, but I might just hold onto them if my wife and I have a kid.

*Edit: Not pictured: Marina Police station, A couple of Medieval woodsman forts, small TOWN pieces, smaller pirate sets, and I think the airport, maybe a gas station.

That is in fact a treasure trove of sets that would fetch a pretty good price if you sold them. Which you shouldn't, because you'd regret it.