Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
I'm new to Club Nintendo, I never gave a poo poo with my Wii/DS.

I'm 40 points away from gold status. What do you even get for that? Should I bother? All I really want for a reward is Earthbound and that's only 250 points. I figure I can just register my old Wii to get over the hump if there is any reason. I'd rather not drag it out of the closet for nothing though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The Platinum rewards have been slowly getting worse over the past years, going from cool stuff like Mario hats or button sets to a digital game. I am curious to see what they'll do this year. Gold usually just got a desk calendar.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

The gold/platinum rewards this year are going to all be digital, probably games. There might be something special in there since it's the final set of rewards and the end of the program. If you've got anything to register you might as well do it, more free stuff is better than less.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Counterpoint that stupid Luigi hat that is unwearable. Also wont fit 3ds xls. They took something perfect and made it too small

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

JustJeff88 posted:

How much hard drive space does it take up? I have almost nothing but date-lite Indy games on my WiiU internal hard drive, the one exception being Metroid Prime Trilogy which is bloody enormous - all of my other "big" WiiU games are on disc. I am in no position to buy an external drive and I need to watch my capacity.

I've got Wonderful 101, Wind Walker, and Metroid Prime Trilogy on my 32GB system and it's almost full, but it fits.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Silly Burrito posted:

I've got Wonderful 101, Wind Walker, and Metroid Prime Trilogy on my 32GB system and it's almost full, but it fits.

Good, I should be fine then if I go that route - my handful or two of indy games aren't going to take up nearly as much space as Wind Waker. I actually had a download code for that game that came with my Wii U, but I gave it to a friend because I did not really care for the GC version.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I was thinking of going that route. The easyness of buying Mario 3D World while in my couch (and Pinkmin 3 and MK 8) overwhelmed me and now I got an external. At least now i'm good and ready for the MK8 DLC.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
So, the download version of Sin & Punishment 2 is out in Japan today, and I only just noticed that they're still doing the first-week discounts over there - the standard price is 2700yen, but you get 30% off if you buy in the first week.

Amazon JP has the game at a further discount, so you can buy direct from there for 1700yen: http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B00TI8CX7I/

I don't know if the retail version is as cheap or plentiful over there as it is elsewhere, but I guess it'd be worth buying digitally for the convenience of being able to play with the gamepad (even though the pointer controls are much better).

Doug Dinsdale
Aug 31, 2003

Shorts
Comfy: {Yes}
Easy to Wear: {Yes}
Alright, we're good to go! :neckbeard:
1700's hard to beat. Hell, even 2700's a pretty good deal, even relative to used.
I think I paid over 3000 each for Pandora and Reginleiv used, plus the usual 340 yen S&H.

Edit: Looked at Amazon JP a bit more closely. Turns out 2700's about what you'd pay for Pandora, Reginleiv, and S&P2 used with shipping.
DK Returns is around 2200-ish used, so the 1700 price was sweet, but not so much so at 2700 now.
On the other hand, Kirby's around 3500 used, so it's still a bargain at the regular 2700.

Since I already had Pandora and Reg, I just bought the other three at the introductory discounts.

Doug Dinsdale fucked around with this message at 01:32 on Mar 25, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are the patch notes for the latest Ironfall update:

quote:

Improvements (Paid version).

Campaign and Multiplayer:

Magnetization on the Y axis when entering aim mode.
Ability to cover during the sprint.

Multiplayer:
"Quick Online Match," new option.
"Demo ON/OFF" and greater variation in arena selection.
"Free For All - Don't bet," players earn credits when they finished in second place.
Four-second invincibility after a respawn.

Improvements (For All)

Campaign and Multiplayer:

Possibility to use much faster settings for the camera and aiming.
Easier to turn during a sprint.
U-turn easier to achieve

Multiplayer:
Weapon balancing (Grenade Launcher, Explosive Rifle, Shotgun).
Improved efficiency of the "Shock Gun" weapon.
"Free For All," player's score canceled if leaving the current session, (alternative: score canceled when the player leaves the current session.)
Version number detection.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 05:58 on Mar 25, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Aussies, Big W is clearing out Wii/DSi points cards right now, you can get 1000 Points for $2 (in-store).

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Aussies, Big W is clearing out Wii/DSi points cards right now, you can get 1000 Points for $2 (in-store).
Anyone know if Australian point cards work in Europe (since they tend to share region for stuff)? If they do, I'd be very interested if i could Paypal someone to pick some points up for me.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Nah, they're AU/NZ-specific.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Has rune factory 4 ever gone on sale? I know I could expect atlus games to go on sale but I'm not sure if rf4 will. Never really see xseed do as much sales.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Mighty Switch Force and the last two DS codes I could find lying around that were valid pushed me to get my last reward today, got Mario's Picross with only 5 coins left on my account. Now to wait and see what the Platinum reward I can get is.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Spike Chunsoft needs to stop making creepy games and make the third loving Zero Escape game, drat it!

This is impossible, because Zero Escape is creepy as poo poo. They should still make one though.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*
I had 25 coins in Club Nintendo, then I registered all the leftover games I had yet to register and I have 605 coins now.

Thinking I should pick up Picross. Since I either own the other games or they're worthless like Ice Climber. What should I do with the remaining coins?

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

RMZXAnarchy posted:

I had 25 coins in Club Nintendo, then I registered all the leftover games I had yet to register and I have 605 coins now.

Thinking I should pick up Picross. Since I either own the other games or they're worthless like Ice Climber. What should I do with the remaining coins?

If you haven't gotten any of the N64 games for Wii, you can get a couple of those and then hope that Nintendo puts them up on the Wii U eShop, at which point you can buy them for a discounted price. I'm waiting to see what happens in the next couple weeks, but I think I'm going to be getting Mario 64 on Wii just so that I can get it on Wii U for the discounted price whenever they feel like they want to put it up on the eShop.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Fremry posted:

If you haven't gotten any of the N64 games for Wii, you can get a couple of those and then hope that Nintendo puts them up on the Wii U eShop, at which point you can buy them for a discounted price. I'm waiting to see what happens in the next couple weeks, but I think I'm going to be getting Mario 64 on Wii just so that I can get it on Wii U for the discounted price whenever they feel like they want to put it up on the eShop.

Looking at it, I have every single N64 game they're offering. Which either really says a lot about how I spend my money or how dedicated I've been to picking the drat things up.

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Do digital downloads still give coins? I have like 70 coins left to go and I'm in a bind here.

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!

Jueg01 posted:

Do digital downloads still give coins? I have like 70 coins left to go and I'm in a bind here.

Yes, but not the post-play survey. Here's your guide:

https://club.nintendo.com/eligible-products.do

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I really wish Nintendo would get on putting up the VC games already on the Wii on the Wii U, it'd just be so much nicer to jump into Super Mario RPG straight from the Quick Start menu or Wii U menu instead of having to grab a Wii remote and go into the Wii menu.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I'm at 280 coins, want to get to 300 by the end of the month. Do Virtual Console games still give 10 coins each? If so, I could put $10 in and get the GBC Shantae, which I've been curious about, and...something else? Is this a viable plan?

blackjack
May 22, 2004

The World's Mightiest Puppet!

Patter Song posted:

I'm at 280 coins, want to get to 300 by the end of the month. Do Virtual Console games still give 10 coins each? If so, I could put $10 in and get the GBC Shantae, which I've been curious about, and...something else? Is this a viable plan?

I don't see it on the list. Maybe call and ask?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Patter Song posted:

It would probably be in the form of a post-play survey, which comes a week after registration, which would be past the cut-off at this point. Same goes for the free games with post-play surveys.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Patter Song posted:

-EDIT- Sent you a PM

I will give you some coins. Give me a minute to go get my Mario Golf World Tour registration key.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Mar 26, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of March 26):

quote:

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Trine Enchanted Edition - €12.99 / £10.99 or €10.39 / £8.79 for owners of Trine 2
    Suspension Railway Simulator - €7.99 / £5.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Megaman Zero 3 (GBA) - €6.99 / £6.29
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 until April 1
    Zen Pinball 2: South Park Pinball (Wii U eShop) - €2.49 / £1.99 until April 2
    TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Paper Monsters Recut (Wii U eShop) - €3.29 / £2.79 until April 9

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stones: Wildfire - €39.99 / £34.99 (March 27)
    Inazuma Eleven GO Chrono Stones: Thunderflash - €39.99 / £34.99 (March 27)
    Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin - €39.99 / £29.99
    Spongebob Heropants - €19.99
    Best Friends: My Horse 3D - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Jet Dog - €7.99 / £7.19
    Excave - €4.99 / £4.49
    Adventure Bar Story - €4.99 / £3.99
    Titanic Mystery - €4.99 / £4.49
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Shin Megami Tensei IV (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until April 2
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until April 2
    AeternoBlade (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.40 until April 9
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until April 9
    Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (3DS) - €14.99 / £13.49 until April 9
    Asterix The Mansions of the Gods (3DS) - €19.99 / £16.99 until April 9
    Comic Workshop (3DS eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 until April 16
    Painting Workshop (3DS eShop) - €2.99 / £2.69 from until April 16
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

NA update (week of March 26):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham (demo)
WII U eSHOP GAMES
    Dot Arcade - $4.99
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Namco Museum (GBA) - $6.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Master Reboot (Wii U eShop) - $7.49 until April 1
    PING 1.5+ (Wii U eShop) - $2.99 until April 2
    Turtle Tale (Wii U eShop) - $1.99 until April 2
    Mutant Mudds (Wii U eShop) - $4.49 until April 2
    Paper Monsters Recut (Wii U eShop) - $5.99 until April 2
    Zen Pinball 2: South Park Pinball (Wii U eShop) - $2.49 until April 2
    TNT Racers - Nitro Machines Edition (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until April 9
    Rock'n Off-Road Racing (Wii U eShop) - $4.99 until April 12

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Lego Ninjago: Shadow of Ronin - $29.99
    My Pet School 3D - $19.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Jet Dog - $7.99
3DS MENU THEMES
    NES Samus Aran - $1.99
    NES Pit - $1.99
    Etrian Mystery Dungeon - $0.99 ("next week")
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Aeternoblade (3DS eShop) - $5.99 until March 27
    Code of Princess (3DS) - $14.99 until March 30
    Conception II: Children of tthe Seven Stars (3DS) - $17.99 until March 30
    Etrian Odyssey 4 (3DS) - $14.99 until March 30
    Shin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS) - $14.99 until March 30
    Shin Megami Tensei Soul Hackers (3DS) - $14.99 until March 30
    Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop) - $4.49 until April 2
    Moon Chronicles (3DS eShop) - base game $4.49, DLC pack $4.50 until April 2
    Xeodrifter (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until April 2
    Bomb Monkey (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until April 2
    ATV Wild Ride (3DS eShop) - $3.49 until April 2
    Darts Up 3D (3DS eShop) - $1.49 until April 3
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - $6.99 until April 9
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - $4.99 until April 18
    Disney Frozen: Olaf's Quest (3DS) - "on sale" until April 27
    Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay (3DS) - "on sale" until April 27

CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends June 30.

Namco Museum GBA contains ports of Ms. Pacman, Galaxian, Galaga, Dig Dug and Pole Position, for anyone who was wondering.

Dot Arcade is a collection of simulated LED games by the guy who directed the recent Shantae game. I can't imagine it's worth $5 but it's neat if you're a get for that kind of ultra-retro aesthetic.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Another terrible week for NA.

Does anyone have pictures/video of the Samus theme? I thought there would be no way I'd buy a theme, but this might be the one I pick up.

Faroush
Mar 21, 2009

Amashing
The 3DS isn't getting any more VC games, is it? :smith:

Visitor K
Jan 26, 2007
Jesus Christ, they are really loving us over in the NA region, where's my Zero Mission, Nintendo?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Faroush posted:

The 3DS isn't getting any more VC games, is it? :smith:

I don't get that at all. This is the best time to continue to strengthen the 3DS eshop with the recent release of the N3DS.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Namco Museum's not terrible.

Its just... there's like three of those compilations on the Wii and they include better versions of those games and more.

Compare to Pac-Man Collection where that's the only place to get the legend that is Pac-Man Arrangement 1996 without resorting to pulling out a 6th Generation system. That alone was worth the money on that set.

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I don't get that at all. This is the best time to continue to strengthen the 3DS eshop with the recent release of the N3DS.

You would think, but looking back, the last time NA got a VC title on the 3DS was a month ago when they gave us the DKC Gameboy games. The only VC games that have come out on 3DS for NA since the release of the New 3DS have been Game & Watch 3, and the DKC Gameboy games.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm really kicking myself for not buying Star Fox 64 3d back in the Smash Bros. sale. I've been jonesing for Star Fox because of that new Palisagrus LP, but my choices are $40 for the digital version, or like $80 for the out of print physical :negative:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

deadly_pudding posted:

I'm really kicking myself for not buying Star Fox 64 3d back in the Smash Bros. sale. I've been jonesing for Star Fox because of that new Palisagrus LP, but my choices are $40 for the digital version, or like $80 for the out of print physical :negative:

Speaking of, I hope Nintendo talks about the new Starfox game soon.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Visitor K posted:

Jesus Christ, they are really loving us over in the NA region, where's my Zero Mission, Nintendo?

who the gently caress even wants namco museum

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I like how every time Nintendo adds a new system to eShop (this time original Wii), they boast loudly about the first wave of games and then it disappears off the face of the earth IMMEDIATELY after. every time

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Quest For Glory II posted:

I like how every time Nintendo adds a new system to eShop (this time original Wii), they boast loudly about the first wave of games and then it disappears off the face of the earth IMMEDIATELY after. every time

Remember when you spent two years complaining about this in the Wii U hate thread?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I feel like they've at least been semi-consistent with GBA stuff since they announced it but otherwise, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

elf help book posted:

Remember when you spent two years complaining about this in the Wii U hate thread?
I'm nothing if not consistent (I don't hate nintendo tho)