Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Gammatron 64 posted:

I'm pretty sure 1984forever is a troll account.

I want to believe every account on TFW is a troll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
I got an email about MP-10 preorders being up at tf source, price seems good too at 160. Go jump on it if you never got one!

Edit: link

TheDK fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Aug 6, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

DoctorWhat posted:

Ravages and Steeljaws, living together, MASS HYSTERIA!

Ravage and Steeljaw are both cats. :colbert:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Keldroc posted:

Ravage and Steeljaw are both cats. :colbert:

what do you want from me?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

You should have said "Uh I obviously meant MOVIE Ravage and Steeljaw! (leadfoot's pet dog) :smug:" but now it's too late.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

DoctorWhat posted:

what do you want from me?

Ravages and Hounds?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blackheart posted:

You should have said "Uh I obviously meant MOVIE Ravage and Steeljaw! (leadfoot's pet dog) :smug:" but now it's too late.

No, because who gives a poo poo about Movie Leadfoot?

On that note, ROTF Deluxe Ravage is a pretty fun toy, shame it doesn't so much "transform" as "compact".

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Potsticker posted:

Ravages and Hounds?

Which, of course, actually came packaged together.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

NO

WE ARE NOT HAVING THAT ARGUMENT ABOUT CLASSICS RAVAGE AGAIN

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

DoctorWhat posted:

NO

WE ARE NOT HAVING THAT ARGUMENT ABOUT CLASSICS RAVAGE AGAIN

Now you've done it.

Is there an official list of the Thrilling 30? I keep finding conflicting lists and I kind of want them all for some reason I can't explain.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Rhyno posted:

Now you've done it.

WELP

quote:

Is there an official list of the Thrilling 30? I keep finding conflicting lists and I kind of want them all for some reason I can't explain.

http://tfwiki.net/wiki/Thrilling_30#30_exclusive_toys

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Huh. I guess I didn't understand the list. I figured Rhinox, Springer and Whirl were part of it. Guess I'm okay just buying the cool guys then.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

DoctorWhat posted:

On that note, ROTF Deluxe Ravage is a pretty fun toy, shame it doesn't so much "transform" as "compact".

Have you investigated chocobo mode yet? Because yeah.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Why cookie Rocket posted:

If I gave even one poo poo about Final Fantasy I might be mildly interested.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

DoctorWhat posted:

If I gave even one poo poo about Final Fantasy I might be mildly interested.

Hmm there's at least one or two good games in that series but I can't say I blame you. You could just call it "ridable chicken mode" and get some joy out of it though.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Hmm there's at least one or two good games in that series but I can't say I blame you. You could just call it "ridable chicken mode" and get some joy out of it though.

I have maybe five figures in my entire collection that wouldn't instantly break Ravage's knees if I attempted this.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Final Fantasies 4, 5, 6 and 9 are good. And I also really liked 11 because I'm apparently a masochist. Nobody plays that anymore though now that 14 is no longer poo poo. You wanna charge $12/mo for a 12 year old game that nobody plays? gently caress off Square.

Also if you actually care about the thrilling 30 you may be a crazy person.

therealjon_ posted:

I want to believe every account on TFW is a troll.

I wish. Welcome to the wide world of debilitating mental disorders and an internet connection.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

Final Fantasies 4, 5, 6 and 9 are good.

I believe that if you haven't already you should really try 3 (like the original 3 for the NES, with a fan translation), because your list is my list, but missing my absolute favorite, which is 3.

TRANSFORMERS!

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

ROBOTS IN DISGUISE!

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Maybe I posted this already but there's also RAVAGEBEAK!

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Gammatron 64 posted:

I wish. Welcome to the wide world of debilitating mental disorders and an internet connection.
I wonder if they actually are debilitating or they lead perfectly normal lives then go home, wait til the wife is asleep and then post about AUTObots for two hours before collapsing into a twitching neurotic heap at the keyboard. Awaken to the birds singing and just not remember any of it maybe.

1984forever is a really cool idea for a gimmick account, though. It really underlines how insane the whole ruined forever / franchise ends here for me attitude is. Which thankfully doesn't crop up here.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The combiner wars wording about everything being some sort of combination makes we wonder if we're going to get repaints that are a non-combining toys but combine two characters into a single toy.

So like Fuzors but nobody sprung the money for original molds so they're all repaints. I'm still waiting for a Rotorstorm figure that uses Springer, Whirl, or Sandstorm because we have all the other big name G1 helicopter bots including Spinster.

Then again since the Turbomasters are a team there's really nothing stopping them from being a combiner themselves with Thunderclash as the main bot.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Spiderdrake posted:

1984forever is a really cool idea for a gimmick account, though. It really underlines how insane the whole ruined forever / franchise ends here for me attitude is. Which thankfully doesn't crop up here.

TRUCK NOT MUNKEY.

cunny mcalister
Mar 21, 2004
Somehow less than meets the eye.

Rhyno posted:

TRUCK NOT MUNKEY.

Truck not Munkey is so last decade. DAD NOT PSYCHOPATH is the hotness though.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

The Taint Reaper posted:

The combiner wars wording about everything being some sort of combination makes we wonder if we're going to get repaints that are a non-combining toys but combine two characters into a single toy.

So like Fuzors but nobody sprung the money for original molds so they're all repaints. I'm still waiting for a Rotorstorm figure that uses Springer, Whirl, or Sandstorm because we have all the other big name G1 helicopter bots including Spinster.

Then again since the Turbomasters are a team there's really nothing stopping them from being a combiner themselves with Thunderclash as the main bot.

I would not mind Energon (SUPERLIIIIINKU) toys making a reappearance.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Zaa Boogie posted:

I would not mind Energon (SUPERLIIIIINKU) toys making a reappearance.

Ugh.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Oh come on now. In a world of kre-o, construct-bots, those giant shampoo bottle things, etc. would it really bad that bad? They were kinda fun!

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

All this, and no one will make a bear Transformers wielding a Targetmaster shark?

We could put him in the comic, the bear being literally Barbearian and Cybertronians sometimes think they see him in the wilderness but no one has any proof except for blurry photos.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Oh come on now. In a world of kre-o, construct-bots, those giant shampoo bottle things, etc. would it really bad that bad? They were kinda fun!

ENERGON HIPS GORILLA ARMS ENERGON HIPS GORILLA ARMS ENERGON HIIIIIIIIIIII

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What was the deal with energon hips again? I only have one energon figure I think.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

Blackheart posted:

What was the deal with energon hips again? I only have one energon figure I think.

A bunch of them (mostly Autobots) had universal joints that were mounted vertically, like on MP Soundwave but less well-considered (I concede to have eaten crow on that one. MP Soundwave's hips are thoroughly acceptable), in order (usually) to facilitate the combining gimmick.

They really stunk.

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Some of the Energon Autobots were hobbled by the gimmick, but the Decepticons were almost all fun, chunky bastards.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The MSJ posted:

All this, and no one will make a bear Transformers wielding a Targetmaster shark?

We could put him in the comic, the bear being literally Barbearian and Cybertronians sometimes think they see him in the wilderness but no one has any proof except for blurry photos.

Fyi Voyager skybite can be held as a weapon. His Universal port can have a gun stick under it, and that gun can go in the hand of another voyager.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

The Taint Reaper posted:

Fyi Voyager skybite can be held as a weapon. His Universal port can have a gun stick under it, and that gun can go in the hand of another voyager.

first thing I do when I get Sky-Byte is having Unicron use him as a shotgun.

Also I dug out HFTD Deluxe Ironhide and boy, what a fun toy spoiled mostly by the much-better Leader-class figure, and also by the fact that his torso just doesn't lock together.

DoctorWhat fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Aug 7, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Rhyno posted:

Huh. I guess I didn't understand the list. I figured Rhinox, Springer and Whirl were part of it. Guess I'm okay just buying the cool guys then.

Pretty sure Thrilling 30 is just Hasbro tormenting the completists.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Keldroc posted:

It's a wave promotion as well as a crossline line.

Considering you need stuff like Shockwave's Lab as well as the identical Asian release, it's pretty poorly done.

Because everything after FOC was Thrilling 30. But now Combiner Wars is the next thing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Keldroc posted:

Well I just thought it was 30 awesome new figures that would be fairly easy to get. (unlike Rattrap)

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Rhyno posted:

Well I just thought it was 30 awesome new figures that would be fairly easy to get. (unlike Rattrap)

It's got a shitload of convention exclusives for whatever reason. You also had stuff that was meant for Generations(i.e. Omega Supreme) and was switched to Platinum and Platinum, is another crossline line.

But the Thrilling 30 for Generations is something entirely different.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

DoctorWhat posted:

first thing I do when I get Sky-Byte is having Unicron use him as a shotgun.

Also I dug out HFTD Deluxe Ironhide and boy, what a fun toy spoiled mostly by the much-better Leader-class figure, and also by the fact that his torso just doesn't lock together.

Huh? it does totally lock together. I just wish I remembered how since I haven't transformed him in ages. DOTM voyager Ironhide's chest also locks together but people always say it doesn't.

Deluxe Ironhide owns and in many ways is the most screen-accurate Ironhide.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice
Deluxe Ironhide owns once you get the hang of his weirdly undocumented features like his chest locking in securely, or the fact that you can flip up one of his arm guns so his drone can be tucked away in vehicle mode.