Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

An elf falls into the parisian catacombs screaming. Clutching the nearest skeleton, she yells "my nigga have you tried the trueflight longbogw?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
I'm glad this game turned out to be fun.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010
I wont lie, I never knew how much fun I could have with the Elf until I got an orange pair of sword and daggers.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

quote:

Syrous137 9 hours ago
every day its something for the gay rear end mage.. mix it up a bit. even the quest board is always poo poo for the mage...

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

So I ran White Rat with a friend and after we won it loaded us back in the now-empty map. Our kill on the ogre was revoked, per the contract note in the corner. We had no way to end the mission. When I tried to disband the party my screen froze. When we killed the process and restarted, the mission was incomplete.

What the poo poo

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer

Safety Factor posted:

So I got that red elf sword that was on the quest board a little while ago. I... don't like it that much. Its traits are scavenger (20% on kill), killing blow on normal attacks (15%), and regrowth on charged attacks (10% chance to recover 5 health on hit). If the regrowth was on normal attacks I think it'd be pretty good/usable or maybe the weapon is just suffering because it's a one-handed sword pre-whatever Fat Shark is doing to them in the next patch. I don't play the elf much, but I think I prefer sword and dagger even though mine are blue. Killing blow can trigger through armor though, right?

Really though, it's all moot because the elf doesn't have a two-handed hammer. Kruber4Lyfe. Bardin too.

I have that sword too and I really want to learn how to use it properly but the sword and dagger combo is much more fun. The vertical power attack on the single sword is useless for me so I am wasting the third trait slot. Also you can't switch the traits :sad:

Also I use the trueflight bow mainly for killing specials. Am I bad?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Nehru the Damaja posted:

So I ran White Rat with a friend and after we won it loaded us back in the now-empty map. Our kill on the ogre was revoked, per the contract note in the corner. We had no way to end the mission. When I tried to disband the party my screen froze. When we killed the process and restarted, the mission was incomplete.

What the poo poo

Did a player try to connect during the ending?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Nehru the Damaja posted:

What the poo poo

The end times.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Digirat posted:

Did a player try to connect during the ending?

Yeah. I take it that's a known bug

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Someone stood in front of the rat ogre waiting for it to get to the fence. I didn't notice them and I was strengthed with the multicross bow. rip

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It turns out you can accidentally salvage a red.

RIP the lovely red Kruber 2h hammer.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Night10194 posted:

It turns out you can accidentally salvage a red.

RIP the lovely red Kruber 2h hammer.

Well. What did you get?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Willie Tomg posted:

Well. What did you get?

30 orange materials

I'm sad

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
The 1.5 patch dropped early :getin:

Time to get to work on videos and poo poo.

Here's the Dwarf trophy since I beat all those maps on Cataclysm in CB, right under the Drachenfels trophy.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...
12.2GB :monocle:

That's nearly half the size of the base game. Guess there must be a bunch of map tweaks. No Vermintide for me till I can download it out of peak time this evening, I guess.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

In what I'm assuming is their final form, the Falchion is OK OP, and the Warpick is OK, but the red is truly OP with the perk setup it has.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Dec 14, 2016

Aleth
Aug 2, 2008

Pillbug

quote:

Franz Lohner no longer whistles cheerfully. It is the End Times after all

What a terrible patch.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Lunethex posted:

In what I'm assuming is their final form, the Falchion sucks rear end and the Warpick is OK.
Why does it suck rear end, out of interest?

also:

quote:

What a terrible patch.
Yes

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Ok, I should immediately rephrase the earlier statement because I realize now what they are doing with the Falchion: it's basically a Glaive just for Saltzpyre. It functions almost exactly like it.

The Falchion has 4 Stamina (2 Shields) and uses 2 stamina for a Push. I won't know its exact push strength until I decompile the source file. The Red one even has Devastating Blow and it's doing OK against clan rats. The Falchion hits only 2 targets and then gets 'stuck' like the Glaive would or any other similar weapon. The Light & Heavy attack have Head Shot modifiers and it seems to pull it off regularly, you can expect to kill 1 Clan Rat and put another in death's door unless you also hit him in the head. This is on Nightmare. More interestingly is that the Light & Heavy attack both have Armor Penetration but the Light attack certainly isn't penetrating any armor. The block speed seems about the speed of blocking with the Elf 1h Sword in 1.4.

This is a slow weapon and needs to be played like it's a 2-hander to use effectively. Kills rats well enough though, seems to have a real easy time of Head Shots, but it's slow.

The Warpick is relatively unchanged from its unfinished form, but it also gets stuck after hitting a certain number of rats now. Not so egregious as the Falchion, still a great weapon. Especially how it stunlocks Stormvermin :getin:

edit: yeah I feel bad about hating on the Falchion so fast but they're going to nerf that. It works like Drachenfels-launch Glaive. It does 22 damage with a Charge Headshot on Clan rats, meaning it kills it in one hit. It will 1 hit kill Cata clan rats with a light attack headshot. You can 2-shot a stormvermin with 2 clean charge attack headshots at 10 damage each. I think a substantial line of Orange Falchions also come with Backstabbery, meaning this weapon could be a straight upgrade from the current 1h Axe. Out of all the weapons in this game, this Falchion has a massively easy chance of landing those headshots. It's a loving awesome weapon is what it is. Its primary downside is that it has a weak push, which I will be classifying hereon as Lv.1 to Lv.4 pushes. The Falchion is Lv.1, or "weak_sweep_push" as seen in the files.

They go

weak_sweep_push
basic_sweep_push
heavy_sweep_push
super_heavy_sweep_push (only for Shields w/ Dev Blow)

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Dec 14, 2016

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

So are the new weapons unlocked just from dorf maps same as drachenfels ones (as in only blue or better)?

xthetenth fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Dec 14, 2016

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

welp there's another 4 days downloading before I can play again

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

xthetenth posted:

So are the new weapons unlocked just from dorf maps same as drachenfels ones (as in only blue or better)?

They'll be dropping only from the Dorf maps. It's their DLC strat I guess, have great weapons that require the mother of all RNG rolls to grab.

Then a few months later nerf the poo poo out of them. These two weapons are holy avengers.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Dec 14, 2016

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
Fixed issue with players being able to control their character during cut-scenes after closing the chat.

WHY

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Can't fix me skipping the cutscenes :getin:

:eyepop: that's not OP at all

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 14, 2016

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Preorder canceled fatshark bad game dead

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

They reduced the efficient dodge counter to 1 on the 2-handed hammers haha

What that means is you can only dodge once and for a second or two any other dodges give you no distance.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Well the block time on them is crazy good so that shouldn't be too bad.
I take damage all the time because i expect to cancel an animation into a block as fast as the hammers because I used one for so long.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

"Tweaked Active Reload window: This affects when you can press 'R' to reload faster. "

I don't think Fatshark is telling the truth here. I have the Red handgun out, which has MC, and I am noticing zero difference between letting it reload itself and mashing R.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Lunethex posted:

"Tweaked Active Reload window: This affects when you can press 'R' to reload faster. "

I don't think Fatshark is telling the truth here. I have the Red handgun out, which has MC, and I am noticing zero difference between letting it reload itself and mashing R.

This is hilarious to me and I hope it's what they did.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Was there certain weapons they tinkered with it on and not just the Handgun? I am in game right now I can answer all questions.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Aleth posted:

Franz Lohner no longer whistles cheerfully. It is the End Times after all
:smith:

:negative:

While I'm not happy about all of the changes, this patch seems pretty solid and I'm looking forward to trying it out. Once it downloads.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So is it just the 2h hammer that has the efficient dodge change?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

All weapons have a dodge count, usually at 4, some less. If you see anywhere in the balance changes about the weapons dodge count being lowered, that is what it does at least.

Join the Goonintide chat and inundate me with questions while I work on stuff, too!

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Dec 14, 2016

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
Umm... anyone's progress reset?

Oh they moved the board. PHEW

brocretin
Nov 15, 2012

yo yo yo i loves virgins

Hedge said on reddit that it got fixed accidentally when they implemented something else.

Hilarious if true, but also a real shame.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lunethex posted:

This is correct as of the beta. Handguns and crossbows had it removed entirely (a massive nerf to crossbows in particular) while it is still unchanged on I believe everything else, but most importantly the blunderbuss and grudge raker.

I have not played this official patch so I'm assuming no changes to active reload since the beta.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006
Bolt staff no longer automurders everything for free, but its way WAY more consistent now and generally goes where you're aiming it which made bolt staff infuriating after a few missions so IDGAF

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
So did they keep the friendly fire in on conflag/beam alt fires? It seems like those would all be downright miserable to use now instead of just 'non optimal' like they were before the patch.

I just want the fireball staff to be good so I can be a generic fantasy trope fire wizard princess.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DeathSandwich posted:

So did they keep the friendly fire in on conflag/beam alt fires? It seems like those would all be downright miserable to use now instead of just 'non optimal' like they were before the patch.

I just want the fireball staff to be good so I can be a generic fantasy trope fire wizard princess.

They did not light teammates on fire and the beam was also adjusted so it no longer did that either, so it wasn't much of a problem. Basically the same as any other FF attack.

In the beta, the fireball staff was killing an entire NM summoner's peak portal spawn of slave rats at once from a single fireball. Presumably it would do the same thing on cataclysm either right away or after the burn DOT.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Knocking an ogre off a cliff into the pit on White Rat does not count as killing it. Lame.

• Locked thread