Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

There have been a few reissues of the Godzilla model but I believe a really good conditioned original one in it's box recently went for $15k or so a couple years back.

Edit: Marusan is still around- they originally made tin toys. I was interviewed for their YouTube channel a couple years back in their office. They mostly do soft vinyl toys though nowadays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

Shiroc posted:

Those weird G-2016 embryo toys in lucite are going to be available in the US for people who were interested: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Company=443

Dope, ordered one

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Which colour to get??

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I went with the bakelite because it looked the most like the one in Eva

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1346551079459299329

Don't worry, they'll fix how stiff and plastic they are in post

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Unnffff, just hook it into my veins

On a related note, got my nonverbal autistic boy a huggable godzilla that shakes when you squeeze him for Christmas and he did not reject it, making me happy

Violator
May 15, 2003

brocked posted:

On a related note, got my nonverbal autistic boy a huggable godzilla that shakes when you squeeze him for Christmas and he did not reject it, making me happy

Ahh nice. Small victories add up.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

brocked posted:

Unnffff, just hook it into my veins

This is the best :3:

Also- I finally got a Passion Tank Shin Godzilla sofubi through a trade and I'm super digging it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Shiroc posted:

Those weird G-2016 embryo toys in lucite are going to be available in the US for people who were interested: https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Search?HideSoldOut=true&PageSize=50&SortOrder=New&Company=443

Lol drat i want one, just like wait a month please ill be stable then

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1347023300371894274?s=19

When I first saw this I thought that was a tree in Kong's hand like the original movie. Well, here's hoping that one kaiju tries to jam a tree in the other's mouth at one point.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Blood Boils
Dec 27, 2006

Its not an S, on my planet it means QUIPS
You've heard of Bigger Luke? Time to meet Smaller George!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Q The Winged Serpent is the best movie about a diamond heist coincidentally taking place during a giant monster rampage I've seen so far.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Isn't that part of the plot of Dogora as well?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Mantis42 posted:

Isn't that part of the plot of Dogora as well?

Yes I think Q The Winged Serpent is better than Dogora

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Detective No. 27 posted:

https://twitter.com/KaijuNewsOutlet/status/1347023300371894274?s=19

When I first saw this I thought that was a tree in Kong's hand like the original movie. Well, here's hoping that one kaiju tries to jam a tree in the other's mouth at one point.

Holy poo poo is he using Godzilla's spike as an axe?!

Mr. Funny Pants
Apr 9, 2001

Shneak posted:

Holy poo poo is he using Godzilla's spike as an axe?!

And is the handle a bone? And glowing eyes?

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

That's not the Kong we know! He's fighting dirty!

Why Kong, Why?

RichterIX
Apr 11, 2003

Sorrowful be the heart
Heisei Gamera box set shipped today from DiabolikDVD, I'm super pumped. Never gotten to watch Gamera the Brave which I know is not supposed to be great but still

Karloff
Mar 21, 2013

I found it kind of boring, but there's interesting stuff in it certainly.

Do you know what's not boring? All the impromptu crash zooms to King Ceesar statues in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974). I rewatched it the other day and I forgot how drat fun it was. King Ceesar is such an awesome monster.

Jun Fukuda ranking:

1. Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla
2. Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
3. Godzilla vs. Megalon
4. Godzilla vs. Gigan
5. Son of Godzilla

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Karloff posted:

Do you know what's not boring? All the impromptu crash zooms to King Ceesar statues in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974). I rewatched it the other day and I forgot how drat fun it was. King Ceesar is such an awesome monster.

Jun Fukuda ranking:

3. Godzilla vs. Megalon
4. Godzilla vs. Gigan
5. Son of Godzilla

Dang, if you put Ebirah above Megalon and Gigan, I think I better watch Ebirah.

I watched Destroy All Monsters the other night. Pretty good. Felt a bit flat to me, though

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I decided I need to rewatch Shin Godzilla. I'm glad I have the UHD of it.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Karloff posted:

Jun Fukuda ranking:

3. Godzilla vs. Megalon
4. Godzilla vs. Gigan
5. Son of Godzilla

yeah that's a good ranking, although I'd switch Megalon and Gigan

Barry Foster posted:

Dang, if you put Ebirah above Megalon and Gigan, I think I better watch Ebirah.

I watched Destroy All Monsters the other night. Pretty good. Felt a bit flat to me, though

Ebirah's kind of weird because it's a perfectly good stand alone adventure movie with largely unnecessary Godzilla.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I went back and watched Damajin this weekend for whatever reason and it was way better than I remembered, I've always been fond of it but it's so cool.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

I decided I need to rewatch Shin Godzilla. I'm glad I have the UHD of it.

There's a UHD? I don't see one on Amazon.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I went back and watched Damajin this weekend for whatever reason and it was way better than I remembered, I've always been fond of it but it's so cool.

The first two Daimajin movies are both fuckin great, I have the trilogy on blu ray but for some reason have never gotten around to the third one, I should do a marathon

Karloff posted:

Jun Fukuda ranking:

3. Godzilla vs. Megalon
4. Godzilla vs. Gigan
5. Son of Godzilla

Mine would be:

2. Godzilla vs. Gigan
3. Godzilla vs. Megalon
4. Ebirah, Horror of the Deep
5. Son of Godzilla

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
I don't think I've ever even seen the third, I might have to join you on that one.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Detective No. 27 posted:

There's a UHD? I don't see one on Amazon.

It only came out in Japan a few years back. I bought a copy on a trip (my first UHD!). It's pretty loving glorious.

Edit: Voila

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Does it have English subtitles? Dang, I don't think PS5 or Xbox players would be able to play the region anyway.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Karloff posted:

Jun Fukuda ranking:

3. Godzilla vs. Megalon
4. Godzilla vs. Gigan
5. Son of Godzilla

IMO,

1. Ebirah
2. Son
3. Mechagodzilla
4. Gigan (3 and 4 are really close and arguably interchangable)
5. Megalon (fun but not a good movie)

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Detective No. 27 posted:

Does it have English subtitles? Dang, I don't think PS5 or Xbox players would be able to play the region anyway.

good news, assuming you're American

Flint Ironstag
Apr 2, 2004

Bob Johnson...oh, wait

Detective No. 27 posted:

This version that I bought last year has subs. Thanks to someone in this thread posting it was only $5 at the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071S71D4N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Flint Ironstag posted:

This version that I bought last year has subs. Thanks to someone in this thread posting it was only $5 at the time.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B071S71D4N/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

That's the standard blu-ray, I was talking about the 4k UHD

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

GODZILLA VS KONG IN TWO MONTHS, BOYS

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

SHOW A TRAILER

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
didn't see that one coming

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Release in two months with zero pre-release material outside of toys...?

Man, and they wonder why the viewing numbers are so low - even Solo did more than this and that was a movie nobody asked for

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
I am sad that I won't get to see it in theaters but even if any were open in Washington, I won't die for this movie.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
They couldn't release it in May, every movie is coming out in May. Nobody would've even noticed it if it came out in May

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Violator
May 15, 2003

GvK and Snydercut the same month?! Now I just have to spend the next two months not getting hit by a bus.