Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

The gambit dude sounds like he's voiced by Guy Fieri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
Love that the Gambit meta has shaken out to be Sleeper loving everywhere, and the map design has made it so sad fucks sit back and snipe the whole match. Hope the other maps are better and sleeper gets some hitbox adjustment or range dropoff.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Quantum Shart posted:

Love that the Gambit meta has shaken out to be Sleeper loving everywhere, and the map design has made it so sad fucks sit back and snipe the whole match. Hope the other maps are better and sleeper gets some hitbox adjustment or range dropoff.

>encounter an issue once
>hope for nerfs

Truly, Destiny has returned. So good.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

what loadouts DO people use anyway? I don't really understand the destiny pvp "meta" as it were

While I'm at it, any emergent strategies yet for Gambit as a solo player besides "don't die with motes you stupid rear end in a top hat"?

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Ciaphas posted:

what loadouts DO people use anyway? I don't really understand the destiny pvp "meta" as it were

While I'm at it, any emergent strategies yet for Gambit as a solo player besides "don't die with motes you stupid rear end in a top hat"?

Don't take the invasion portal as soon as it spawns, wait for the other team to gather motes/damage their primeval.

Feeding motes to a couple of people is better than the entire team having 4-8.

Shotguns are real good at burning all levels of blockers.

Ward of Dawn is also pretty good. Guy in one of the pub games I did was dropping it when we'd get to the primeval and it meant that a sniping invader couldn't hit us. There's also the spectacular troll of dropping it on the enemy team's bank.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

skullfort

Skullfort

SKULLfort

SKULLFORT

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Trip report: I really like gambit and am feeling optimistic about forsaken

Orv
May 4, 2011
Disgusting.

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

For those worried about Gambit's encounter's getting stale, I found this on Reddit:

Gambit Dev Lead posted:

Forsaken ships with 4 Gambit maps. Each map supports 3 races, with 3 encounter variations for each race, for a total of 36 Gambit experiences. The trial has only 2 experiences. So you should see greater variety starting Tuesday.

This includes variants of Fallen, Cabal, Vex, Scorn, and Hive, but not Ice Hive. Taken are reserved for Primevals,

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Trip report: I really like gambit and am feeling optimistic about forsaken

Really happy to hear that. In the mean time, welcome back!

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

cvnvcnv posted:

>encounter an issue once
>hope for nerfs

Truly, Destiny has returned. So good.

Even the complaints are right back where they belong.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Well getting 1 shot body kills from across the map out ranging every weapon in the game except snipers is kind of bs in gambit.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Doing three gambits nabbed me like four levels and twenty power levels. Gear absolutely matters if only because I was a sitting duck for any kind of invader, but whatever, it was still a hoot to be running around shooting my gun like a dipshit. I'm gonna try and get my Titan to 30 so I can use my boost on a hunter, since mine is still hella early in the story and I don't feel like doing it all over again rn

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
This patch had been stuck on initializing for a couple days, restarted everything didn't help. Any tips?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Turkey Farts posted:

The gambit dude sounds like he's voiced by Guy Fieri.

Dang this mode sounds awesome

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Dang this mode sounds awesome

alright alright alright, we got flavortown on the field

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Field Mousepad posted:

This patch had been stuck on initializing for a couple days, restarted everything didn't help. Any tips?

Oh yikes it used to do that to me a bunch, if your connection gets messed up while downloading the launcher shits itself.

The way I fixed it was:

1) move your destiny2 folder to another place on your computer
2) go in the launcher and click install
3) before clicking anything in the install window, move the destiny2 folder back into place
4) start the install

I had to do this a bunch a while back when I was trying to download Warmind, worked every time for me. It starts checking files for a while and then initiates the download properly.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Siljmonster posted:

alright alright alright, we got flavortown on the field

fuckin please, i want this so bad

Orv
May 4, 2011

Field Mousepad posted:

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh yikes it used to do that to me a bunch, if your connection gets messed up while downloading the launcher shits itself.

The way I fixed it was:

1) move your destiny2 folder to another place on your computer
2) go in the launcher and click install
3) before clicking anything in the install window, move the destiny2 folder back into place
4) start the install

I had to do this a bunch a while back when I was trying to download Warmind, worked every time for me. It starts checking files for a while and then initiates the download properly.

Unless it's a considerably more massive gently caress up than the usual Bnet problems, going into Task Manager and closing the Bnet Patcher Helper or whatever it's called should fix it.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Orv posted:

Unless it's a considerably more massive gently caress up than the usual Bnet problems, going into Task Manager and closing the Bnet Patcher Helper or whatever it's called should fix it.

I tried that a lot before resorting to the method above. That tends to work for all the other blizzard games i have on the launcher, but for me it didn't do poo poo for destiny.

Orv
May 4, 2011
That blows.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Fathis Munk posted:

I tried that a lot before resorting to the method above. That tends to work for all the other blizzard games i have on the launcher, but for me it didn't do poo poo for destiny.

That was one of the things I tried and it didn't help. I'll try the Mathis way when I get home from stupid work.

That did it! Cheers dude :cheers:

Field Mousepad fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Sep 3, 2018

Coffee Sludge
Dec 14, 2003

Dag nabbit
Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

There is a troubleshooting page for D2 on the blizzard site: https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/123266

Having done support for far too many years I despise most troubleshooting procedures and only go to them if my own methods fail. Most of the issues I encounter are fixed and forgotten so I have no idea what I may have done before.
However, there might be something there that you can try.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Anyone remember The Last Word?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss.

That magazine size seems uh, suspect though.

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
impact....0?

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

Anyone remember The Last Word?

Wow.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

wyoak posted:

impact....0?
Balances out the 51 round magazine

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Jesus christ this guy who made the hour and a half Destiny Lore video has the most velvety radio voice

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
It'll be interesting to see how the final stats shake out but it has a lot of potential.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Unsinkabear posted:

Jesus christ this guy who made the hour and a half Destiny Lore video has the most velvety radio voice

his speculation and writing outside of that one video is really really bad

Unsinkabear
Jun 8, 2013

Ensign, raise the beariscope.

Siljmonster posted:

He does mention at the beginning that someone else sketched out the bulk of the script.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Siljmonster posted:

it's so loving bad and it's completely ruined a bunch of people's perception of the lore because for some reason they consider him the authority just because he made some long rear end video that his patreon subscribers wrote for him or whatever

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Unsinkabear posted:

Byf?

His meltdown on Bungie not caring about the lore and killing his youtube career was pretty great.

I guess he'll be happy about the lore collection stuff.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
my favorite part about a byf video i watched was this "if X is Y then Destiny is going to get VERY VERY interesting"

and its like, thats the highest you can go about speculating lore for a video game

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.
I stopped paying attention to him when I got tired of his personal commentaries, and excuses for not uploading daily, as intros to his content.

I know he's busy and I don't care. I just want him to put up the content when it's ready, without his blogs attached.

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

el B posted:

personal commentaries, and excuses for not uploading daily, as intros to his content.

lol

"sorry i couldnt make videos about the video game, i was too busy playing video game!"

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
was it byf that just copied his vocal delivery almost entirely from that dark souls lore guy?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

was it byf that just copied his vocal delivery almost entirely from that dark souls lore guy?

yes, i think so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i drop my voice an octave or two when i talk about dwarf fortress at the bar by myself

• Locked thread