Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Bow before my average male height peons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

I think there are a lot of dudes out there that don't realize this is a very real strategy.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Whenever I go clothes shopping it always strikes me how much of the selection is geared towards people who are insanely tall and fat. Or maybe it's just bias and those are the clothes that disproportionately get left over, but then why do they keep stocking them

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

idk poo poo about clothes industry but id imagine its easier to get something too big customized to fit well, than something too small

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Cocaine Bear posted:

Hey maybe don't make fun of people for things they have no control over. If they're lovely there'll be plenty of other things to make fun of them for. No need to be a dick!

Hmm. It's weird how this keeps coming up in PYF. I'm not particularly short (or tall), but I never thought that 4chan 'manlet' :biotruths: stuff was very funny either way (it's certainly not the height of comedy LOL!). Especially the people who keep going on and on about it, they always come off as either being assholes or desperately compensating for something.

Remember Randaconda? He also loved to go on about 'manlets', how he had superior genes compared to them, etc. and then it turned out he was a total lard-rear end. poo poo, at least your weight is something you have partial control over, although you're still kind of an rear end in a top hat if you go out of your way to make fun of fat people.

Oh and he also turned out to be a pedophile I guess, that one did kind of come as a surprise when I saw that he got banned and clicked his rap sheet out of curiosity a few months back

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I'm pretty short and I think manlet is a pretty lovely term and that making fun of people for things they can't control is pretty lovely in general. I had some issues with it as a teen and others I know did too. Stuff like this felt bad at the time, now it just feels rear end backward and lame.

Also face the facts people short people are objectively better:

- any kind of trip is more comfortable
- we need less calories in the future climate wars
- can wear middle age full plate armor in the future climate wars
- oh no look at these things up on the shelves whatever will I do, oh yeah stools and ladders have existed for thousands of years, idiot

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Getting really sick of these over-privileged short people bragging about their naturally healthier, longer, and more comfortable lives.

Do you fuckers also go to cancer wards and squeak at the patients?

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Phlegmish posted:

Whenever I go clothes shopping it always strikes me how much of the selection is geared towards people who are insanely tall and fat. Or maybe it's just bias and those are the clothes that disproportionately get left over, but then why do they keep stocking them

we might both be biased, but yeah in my experience its nearly impossible to find shirts that are long enough without also being circus tents

i usually go for whatever fits my torso & then just roll up my sleeves forever

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

A Dutch dude who is 5"9 is below average in his own freakishly tall country but above the puny American average.

Is he a manlet in the Netherlands but tall in America?

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Son of Rodney posted:

I'm pretty short and I think manlet is a pretty lovely term and that making fun of people for things they can't control is pretty lovely in general. I had some issues with it as a teen and others I know did too. Stuff like this felt bad at the time, now it just feels rear end backward and lame.

To be honest, I'll laugh at a throwaway joke about Ben Shapiro being a midget or whatever, even though it's not ~ideologically correct~, but it gets weird and uncomfortable pretty quickly when goons stop making fun of a particular person (usually a prominent right-winger where it's implied that he's a hypocrite for not living up to his own ideal of masculinity) and it's just pages and pages of :biotruths: played straight, people unironically posting their height, etc.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

forogt to mention im literally 6'12" almost 7'

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Well I am 8...meters, and my penis is so big its gravitational waves regularly get detected by the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO)

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Carthag Tuek posted:

6'12" almost 7'

:bigwhat:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

yea :c00lbert:

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

I mock short people of all genders equally not just these 'manlets' (which I agree is a terrible term)

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

I'm six foot twenty and weigh a motherfucking ton.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Oh, my hobbies? Heh....

1. Having sex with many attractive women
2. Possessing desirable physical and mental qualities
3. Other good things

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I'm so small I am Invisible to the naked eye and can walk through any wall by lubing myself up with grease and squeezing in-between the molecules.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Scaramouche posted:

I mock short people of all genders equally not just these 'manlets' (which I agree is a terrible term)

Agreed. If you're under 6' you shouldn't be called a manlet because that implies you're a man. The term should large baby or big child. Toddler+.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

FreudianSlippers posted:

I'm so small I am Invisible to the naked eye and can walk through any wall by lubing myself up with grease and squeezing in-between the molecules.

Ah - the quantum manlet. The most dangerous assassin, as you can never simultaneously determine his position and his momentum.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

No, it's Big Whoop. The Legendary Treasure Of Big Whoop.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Phlegmish posted:

Lots of places sell out of clothes for people with average heights and build because they're so much more common. So it just looks like there's tons of clothes for bigger people because there are so many of them left.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Phlegmish posted:

(usually a prominent right-winger where it's implied that he's a hypocrite for not living up to his own ideal of masculinity)

Niiice.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Phlegmish posted:

Nice chocolate souffle on the head there, bud.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Agreed. If you're under 6' you shouldn't be called a manlet because that implies you're a man. The term should large baby or big child. Toddler+.

Bratlet

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Not necessarily a particularly large baby. They're making very big babies now, remember that weird, off-putting giant baby from twitter?

We need a term that shows that the baby is just old, non particularly large or manly. Something like elderbaby, or ButtonBois.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

To me they're just all the little people around that I have to constantly worry about crushing underfoot. To ascribe age and gender to them would require more careful looking than I'm capable of way up here.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Phlegmish posted:

Well I am 8...meters, and my penis is so big its gravitational waves regularly get detected by the Laser Interferometer Gravitational-Wave Observatory (LIGO)
Yeah I'm like 12 foot tall but the gravitational lensing from my gargantuan testicles makes me look a more manageable 8 foot 3

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I'm very long and thin.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Scaramouche posted:

To me they're just all the little people around that I have to constantly worry about crushing underfoot. To ascribe age and gender to them would require more careful looking than I'm capable of way up here.

God, I hate that poo poo. You're try to walk at a normal pace and get poo poo done before it's time for more unlimited sex with any partner you wish and these loving things get right under your feet and start screaming "hooteeny!" at you and gesturing with their weird little vienna sausage fingers like its your fault they're under 6'3"

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Needs the goop to go with it.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Yeah, you need the frosting packet

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Free pube!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Heath posted:

Free pube!

What was his ban reason?

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Blue Footed Booby posted:

I'm six foot twenty and weigh a motherfucking ton.

Ok Washington

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

Lol well I'm t'4 and that certainly ended up being true 🙃

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

This is some Regular Sized Rudy poo poo.