Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Sea Sponge Run posted:

Let's restart it, buddy

It'll be like old times

I'll do the MegaMari LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
Just caught up with Forbidden Scrollery.

It's really good and I definitely hope WaHH's elements move in an interesting clashing direction like that!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
WaHH focuses a lot on Reimu-the-feckless-layabout so I think moving it more to Forbidden Scrollery's tone would clash a lot.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Pureauthor posted:

WaHH focuses a lot on Reimu-the-feckless-layabout so I think moving it more to Forbidden Scrollery's tone would clash a lot.

It's definitely a lot more relaxed but there's still some intrigue going on with what Kasen's actually after. At a minimum I more just mean 'i hope that it moves closer in a direction to what its actual plot is and what they're planning for the end'

And like, despite Kasen ostensibly being one of the main characters it doesn't seem like she's done that much lately? She's just sorta there and I want to see her pushed into action from some complication.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

a cartoon duck posted:

I'll do the MegaMari LP.

i thought you already did?

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Sea Sponge Run posted:

i thought you already did?

Maybe this time I'll actually finish.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

a cartoon duck posted:

Maybe this time I'll actually finish.

It's time for the return...of #touhoulp

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Does anyone in Touhou have a dad besides Marisa

Do dads exist in Touhou

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Junko's son had a father.

Then he murdered their son and hooked up with some other woman.

Edit: Apparently it was just Chang'e's husband who did the child-killing and he was completely unrelated to Junko and I just misunderstood stuff because a series of "she"s and "her"s gets a bit ambiguous in Touhou stuff.

a cartoon duck fucked around with this message at 17:34 on May 18, 2017

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Seiga also had a dad who abandoned his family to be a Taoist hermit, and her man take-away from that is that abandoning your family and leaving them thinking you're dead is extremely cool and good.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Kosuzu has an offscreen mom and dad. Too bad they could not stop their daughter from conversing with suspicious hags

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

El Burbo posted:

Kosuzu has an offscreen mom and dad. Too bad they could not stop their daughter from conversing with suspicious hags

or dying soon

edit: but I like kosuzu a lot, so don't misunderstand. I'm emotionally prepared

Meowywitch fucked around with this message at 17:43 on May 18, 2017

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also Mokou's dad was pretty plot relevant.

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Youmu has a grandfather so presumably there was a dad somewhere in between. We don't hear about him so he must not be as cool

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

I refuse to believe men exist in Gensokyo

All men are non-canon

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Genji is Reimu's dad.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

I refuse to believe men exist in Gensokyo

All men are non-canon

Please do not spit on the memory of my good friend the jinyou, may he rest in peace.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Also all the villagers in the mangas, Rinnosuke, and those couple incarnations where Akyuu was a dude

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

iospace posted:

Also Mokou's dad was pretty plot relevant.

The best twist of 2hu is that he is, in fact, not and just an excuse tho

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Don't forget Sanbondo Originals Villager A, Villager B, and Villager C.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

The best twist of 2hu is that he is, in fact, not and just an excuse tho

Iwakasa, the soldier Mokou killed, had a lasting effect on her though

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Also, Ichirin's cloud friend/stand

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fair, Unzan is a better character than ichirin in every way

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Ichirin is definitely cooler than Unzan.

Gyra_Solune posted:

It's definitely a lot more relaxed but there's still some intrigue going on with what Kasen's actually after. At a minimum I more just mean 'i hope that it moves closer in a direction to what its actual plot is and what they're planning for the end'

And like, despite Kasen ostensibly being one of the main characters it doesn't seem like she's done that much lately? She's just sorta there and I want to see her pushed into action from some complication.

It wasn't too long ago she was pushed into conflict with Yukari and it was revealed she was one of the Youkai Sages, which was pretty intriguing.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Sea Sponge Run posted:

It's time for the return...of #touhoulp

That channel died when blitz decided to be an lp megastar

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Ichirin is definitely cooler than Unzan.

It wasn't too long ago she was pushed into conflict with Yukari and it was revealed she was one of the Youkai Sages, which was pretty intriguing.

Then nothing happened though.

Namtab posted:

That channel died when blitz decided to be an lp megastar

My understanding of the situation is that the channel lives on but you're not invited.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

El Burbo posted:

And Mamizou

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Clarste posted:

Then nothing happened though.

My understanding of the situation is that the channel lives on but you're not invited.

Don't lie clsrste

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Namtab posted:

Don't lie clsrste

What'd you do, man? I considered you our trustworthy leader...

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Starting out FMW as Marisa on normal; is there anything I should really know or plan for? There's Blitz's LP as a vague guide, sure.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
Don't worry about missing out on a WP bonus since carrying over to the next game just gives you all the WP you could have gotten.

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Don't play this bad game

I forget what the first LP said but investing in Rumia and Cirno is on the whole a bad idea.

Get Reimu P-Evade and Shotgunning as soon as possible, in that order.
Get Alice Support Attack.
Get Keine Support Defend.
Give Daiyousei one level of Wife, the rest can go to either Reimu or Marisa.
The english translation of FMWS mistakenly swapped enemy Flandre's Oni Fang for the weaker Oni Nail, if that's something you care about you should shoot down Flandre using the original dat files.

After the first game you can do whatever you want.

Nook fucked around with this message at 23:41 on May 21, 2017

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

Nook posted:

Give Daiyousei one level of Wife, the rest can go to either Reimu or Marisa.
Having not played this game this is pretty funny. Not only is there a waifu mechanic, you can spread it around?

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

Redmark posted:

Having not played this game this is pretty funny. Not only is there a waifu mechanic, you can spread it around?

In the first game Wife Points are used to unlock custom skills for each character. It was a pretty awful mechanic because certain characters had much more useful Wife skills than the others (Reimu and Marisa get basically free extra damage while someone like Rumia only gets to halve one enemy's accuracy for a turn) and a couple characters just flat out didn't get anything out of 2 levels of Wife (it went up to level 3 in the first game).

In the other games it's a much more simple and useful mechanic, where each level is just a blanket stat boost on a unit while the skill mechanic became its own separate thing. You can use it to give a bunch of units small, minor boosts, or you can dump all of it onto one single unit, and now in the final game units get a fuckload of broken boosts if they reach max Wife level.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
The WP mechanic in later games basically just lets you use you favorite characters by making them good, regardless of their base stats. It's a "don't worry about balance, we've got you covered" mechanic.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
off-hand i wonder, what exactly is Junko doing now that her plan failed? I mean she kind of purged herself of anything besides seething hatred for Chang'e so it's hard to see her in a context of anything besides blowing stuff up. Is she in a similar position as Seija where she's pretty much an outlaw or did she settle down somehow?

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

With the new game linking characters to seasons, could anyone explain how the weather in SWR and seasons in HSiFS correlate to their respective characters?

I have a general idea of why Reimu is sunshine and spring but I couldn't guess why Marisa is rain and winter so I'm clearly missing some metaphors.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Gyra_Solune posted:

off-hand i wonder, what exactly is Junko doing now that her plan failed? I mean she kind of purged herself of anything besides seething hatred for Chang'e so it's hard to see her in a context of anything besides blowing stuff up. Is she in a similar position as Seija where she's pretty much an outlaw or did she settle down somehow?

She settled down and agreed to give up her revenge plot against the moon (for the time being). She has no beef with gensokyo so it's not like she has any reason to start causing trouble there

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Gyra_Solune posted:

what every other youkai does

crash at Reimu's and get drunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Darox posted:

I have a general idea of why Reimu is sunshine and spring but I couldn't guess why Marisa is rain and winter so I'm clearly missing some metaphors.

Doesn't the name Kirisame have some relation to rain?