Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Huh. I thought that guy died or got paralyzed or something. Definitely didn't expect him to be back on a bike.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I looked up his injuries, but in the process of checking them out I was reminded he had totaled a previous Daytona six months before his big crash. Injuries were:

broken humerus ulna and radius in 5 different places
nerve damage to his right hand
ripped ligament in his left hand
3 fractured vertebrae
fractured right hip
sprained both ankles

Which isn't that bad considering his crash.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib
Is he aware that there are bikes in the world that are not a 675?

edit: duh, of course. A 765

tjones
May 13, 2005

The best motovlog video on the internet.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Release the footage yammie, we know you have it! :argh:

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

I don't care if he crashes a limited edition bike, but you know he'll be wearing a gopro AND not release the footage (again). Although the new bike is supposed to have all sorts of electronic aids, so he may have a better chance (assuming he stays in his lane)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

MomJeans420 posted:

I don't care if he crashes a limited edition bike, but you know he'll be wearing a gopro AND not release the footage (again). Although the new bike is supposed to have all sorts of electronic aids, so he may have a better chance (assuming he stays in his lane)

Electronics make fixating on things and crashing into them easier, not harder.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

E: wtf double post

Patrocclesiastes
Apr 30, 2009

I googled that Yammie Noob crash, but can anyone relate the lore to me? Why does it seem that no one likes him?

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Because he's a blowhard piece of poo poo street Rossi who actually sucks at riding.

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Didn't he crash into a curb while street-racing a car and then blame it on "cagers" right before the yellow Porsche incident?

RadioPassive
Feb 26, 2012

Patrocclesiastes posted:

I googled that Yammie Noob crash, but can anyone relate the lore to me? Why does it seem that no one likes him?

He’s like a caricature of horrible bike culture but somehow he’s real.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Elviscat posted:

Didn't he crash into a curb while street-racing a car and then blame it on "cagers" right before the yellow Porsche incident?

Maybe, but you may also have him confused with chaseontwowheels who managed to completely gently caress up the simplest possible evasion move:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=511SLUHPmRw

There's another video which I can't find now where he claimed he couldn't brake because he didn't know how good the grip was (it's a loving Panigale and has ABS - and I'm pretty sure just engine breaking would have got him down to the car's speed in that time), couldn't go round the proper side for... reasons and didn't address at all the fact he at first tried to gun it up the inside then bottled it.

Oh and it was a bike one of his subscribers had leant him.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
holy poo poo what a loving idiot
AAAAAAAAH

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

And if you think that's bad, imagine if you'd gotten to see mootmoot's videos

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

And if you think that's bad, imagine if you'd gotten to see mootmoot's videos

Can't believe mootmoot is now too old for some folks, I remember him like it were yesterday :corsair:

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

I came in right before mootmoot exited CA, I never did get to see the nice gentle offramp he crashed his Daytona on.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Coydog posted:

When someone uses a word I don't know I am usually happy to learn a new word and expand my lexicon. Seems better than feeling dumb for not knowing a thing and derision towards the person who shared it, but that's just me. :shrug:

Slavvy posted:

I thought glorifying ignorance was an American tradition?

While this is a valid American stereotype, I don't like to think I'm the only American who thinks he's an idiot for merely being fluent in English, and there are some decent intellectuals among us [I would like to include myself but lack even an Associates Degree right now and I think that puts you out of the running].

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

Elviscat posted:

I came in right before mootmoot exited CA, I never did get to see the nice gentle offramp he crashed his Daytona on.

I found this clip the other day and posted it in a thread (I think one of the GBS threads about motorcycles) but I can't for the life of me find that post, and don't want to put in the effort again to find the original post I pulled it from.

edit: fount it

HenryJLittlefinger fucked around with this message at 17:34 on Aug 12, 2019

Jazzzzz
May 16, 2002

HenryJLittlefinger posted:

I found this clip the other day and posted it in a thread (I think one of the GBS threads about motorcycles) but I can't for the life of me find that post, and don't want to put in the effort again to find the original post I pulled it from.

edit: fount it

How in the gently caress... it's like that sign had a magnet in it and just sucked him right in.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

Target fixation is a hell of a drug

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
The road was oily and... Gravel... And wet... You guys!

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

and the tires were cold

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Obviously needed a faster bike.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

its all nice on rice posted:

The road was oily and... Gravel... And wet...

BritishRiding.txt

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
fuckin civics!! :argh:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

never 4get :moot:

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

gently caress I was looking for :moot: earlier but couldn't find it.

MomJeans420
Mar 19, 2007

That's a pretty good smilie, who made that?

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

I'm not sure. I've had it saved for years. I thought it was a purchased smilie at some point too.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Tanya_Chen/status/1163576230366629891

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Right, I've had it. Bring the meteor now please.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

*Slavvy’s garage gets absolutely wrecked by space debris*

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

of all the times to not be able to find the giant eye rolling smiley barfing out infinite eye rolling smilies

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Coredump posted:

*Slavvy’s garage gets absolutely wrecked by space debris*

A small price to pay.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I've seen road rash. I've had road rash. And that, ma'am, is not road rash.

I think she drew it on

Rev. Dr. Moses P. Lester
Oct 3, 2000
Yeah I think that's all fake. Nobody hip and attractive rides old BMWs, and there's no pics of an actual damaged bike there. That's not her bike, she didn't crash a bike, I bet she's never even ridden a bike.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Sagebrush posted:

I've seen road rash. I've had road rash. And that, ma'am, is not road rash.

I think she drew it on

Very curious to see how her shoulder tattoo looks in a month. I'm betting "unchanged".

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
she seems to be getting pretty profoundly dragged on twitter and insta, and for that i am glad.

having had a wreck of the severity that she claims to have had, it is anything but a serene intimate photogenic experience. of course every accident is different but in my experience, it is bystanders freaking out and a bartender running out with some (clean) bar rags to stop the blood and people like, spontaneously crying and poo poo from the stress, and a motorcyclist quickly getting up and picking the gravel out of their elbows and yelling GOD drat IT MY BIKE while the ambulance sirens doppler in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Nice sunny day so I decide I'll bust out the bandit and do some riding and tuning. All goes well for an hour, then I go to start the bike and the starter clutch is somehow completely blown now despite the bike having low mileage and there never even being a hint of a problem with it. Normally they play up and deteriorate over time, not just decide to completely stop working out of the blue.

And it's a genuine only part that costs $700 I don't have :suicide:

This comes right after my little Honda decided it didn't need it's spark plug thread anymore and my car decided it doesn't need to keep the oil and water separate anymore. gently caress my life I'm sorely tempted to yard sale all my vehicles at a massive loss and just buy an SV.