Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Spergin Morlock posted:

god drat that guy has a red face. even compared to his own hand lol

that's why we call him the beetroot

we have a few politicians that look like root vegetables

Peter Dutton is a potato
https://twitter.com/PeterDutton_MP/status/1462619934693810182

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

AppleNippleBOB posted:

https://twitter.com/NikkiMcR/status/1468704702275670019

"the virus itself -this is true- does tend to take away the life force in some people, i notice"

:rubby:

So true.

oh my god that frog looking UKIP fucker is there to.

horrendous television.

"COVID didn't feminize Boris, his new bitch wife did that" - Nigel Farange

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!

Schnorkles posted:

Probably not, though data on that particular point is fuzzy right now.

My general expectation is that COVID vaccination is going to be a biannual thing by late 2022.

how soon before they vaccinate the water supply

huhwhat
Apr 22, 2010

by sebmojo

Mr. Barnesworth
Jun 28, 2008

I said GOOD DAY, sir!
EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE AND CHRISTMAS WILL BE PERFECT

snake and bake
Feb 23, 2005

:theroni:

Doctor posted:

It's absolutely batshit bonkers out there and how more people haven't absolutely lost their minds at the sheer absurdity of every waking moment of existence right now is totally beyond me.

:agreed:

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

China stans are always a good laugh

china haters suck rear end tho

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

RealityWarCriminal posted:

how soon before they vaccinate the water supply

remember when Great Britain was going to put Vitamin D in all their bread and milk last year

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I just….broke.

I was reading the HHS data site just now and we are in worse shape than I thought.

I’ve been operating under the assumption that we have 150k regular beds and 16k ICU beds left, bbbbbut nope.

There are 150k regular beds, and 16k of them are ICU beds….

so. lol lmao. gently caress

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.

Arivia posted:

hi covid thread

it's been a long day here and i am very exhausted

have you been taking care of yourselves, eaten some good food (stay at home lentils and rice and beans is fine), drank water (and tea or coffee if that's your jam), and had a good sleep?

i'm gonna go nap. if you're tired and your schedule allows, you should nap too.

love you comrades, take care of yourselves.

man you people are weird

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

DesertIslandHermit posted:

Refusing the shots makes you an anime femboy

why are we telling people to get vaxxed again...?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The only option is turning into the ha ha yes sicko

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmZMOWHoJak

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
america is just as authoritarian as china. more so actually. the only difference is that china is mostly authoritarian to rich people. in the usa rich people are allowed to rape children and murder people, and apparently that alone means americans are more free

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
My expectation here btw is that the quarterly/biannual vaccines are variant attuned to whatever latest COVID strain is/was.

If its the same thing over and over again, much easier.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

https://twitter.com/umichmedicine/status/1467970609216958475?s=20

99% unvaccinated patients in the hospital, i see.

(MI is 55% fully vaxxed.)

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

My expectation here btw is that the quarterly vaccines are variant attuned to whatever latest COVID strain is/was.

Definitely no one will take it then, you have to overcome the renewed conspiracies each time lol

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
i need to find out how far away i am from tucker carlson's Log Cabin Republican studio

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Pillowpants posted:

I just….broke.

I was reading the HHS data site just now and we are in worse shape than I thought.

I’ve been operating under the assumption that we have 150k regular beds and 16k ICU beds left, bbbbbut nope.

collapse will happen after christmas

biden is just grimacing through his grinning rapist liberal fox teeth for popularity and will do some carrot on the stick bullshit for the midterms

it's been two years, im tired

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Pillowpants posted:

I just….broke.

They'll just add more beds and people will just die unattended

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Wang Commander posted:

Definitely no one will take it then, you have to overcome the renewed conspiracies each time lol

*extremely malthus voice* well we need to shed population anyway

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Wang Commander posted:

Uptake isn't going to break like 10% lol

That % will go up naturally over time, even if no one changes behavior...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 52 minutes!

Wang Commander posted:

ehhh it'll be like the flu shot. many will get it. some won't. those who don't will die.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Gio posted:

https://twitter.com/umichmedicine/status/1467970609216958475?s=20

99% unvaccinated patients in the hospital, i see.

(MI is 55% fully vaxxed.)

11/18 == 99%

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Schnorkles posted:

My expectation here btw is that the quarterly/biannual vaccines are variant attuned to whatever latest COVID strain is/was.

Yeah until 2027 when everyone forgers how to make vaccines.

Bone Crimes
Mar 7, 2007

Atrocious Joe posted:

capital is spooked if Tucker Carlson is telling his audience to be afraid of COVID. at least I assume that Carlson's audience isn't publicly into viral bimbofication.

I mean, it would solve a lot of problems if covid did this...especially to Carlson's audience. Carlson's audience may not *publicly* be into it, but ya know....

Doctor
Jul 22, 2005

GO TO YOUR ROOM!

Captain Magic posted:

what if I want to stay awake forever and obsess about things I have no control over???

I decided to start talking to a therapist again through my work's benefit program and this is essentially exactly what they told me "just don't think about things outside of your control" like alright thanks why didn't I think of that

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
we're breeding a virus that has a 100% chance of killing you unless you are vaccinated, but don't worry you'll be fine if you are vaccinated.

2025: to get a vaccine you need to be employed at amazon.com

Wang Commander
Dec 27, 2003

by sebmojo

Schnorkles posted:

*extremely malthus voice* well we need to shed population anyway

How long do you think the US will even be able to sustain a biotech industry? Is there a lot of talk about that? I'm not sure permanent GOP rule can actually sustain advanced industry

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Doctor posted:

I decided to start talking to a therapist again through my work's benefit program and this is essentially exactly what they told me "just don't think about things outside of your control" like alright thanks why didn't I think of that

not thinking about things outside of my control is outside of my control, checkmate therapy

Spoondick
Jun 9, 2000

the biden plan is to suffer decision paralysis for 6 weeks trying to thread an impossible needle through preventing mass death and keeping the economy open and then blame the calamity on unvirtuous and selfish people who didn't get their booster shots

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Arivia posted:

hi covid thread

it's been a long day here and i am very exhausted

have you been taking care of yourselves, eaten some good food (stay at home lentils and rice and beans is fine), drank water (and tea or coffee if that's your jam), and had a good sleep?

i'm gonna go nap. if you're tired and your schedule allows, you should nap too.

love you comrades, take care of yourselves.

I appreciate it. I'm having a terrible day, but being able to predict the coming wave of death helps me feel a bit safer about the whole eternal pandemic thing

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Wang Commander posted:

How long do you think the US will even be able to sustain a biotech industry? Is there a lot of talk about that? I'm not sure permanent GOP rule can actually sustain advanced industry

Pharma has deep pull in both parties. There's a reason Trump wasn't able to get Thiel in charge of the FDA like he wanted.

Why Am I So Tired
Sep 28, 2021

Crazypoops posted:

I love my freedom to die alone and scared without my family in an unstaffed hospital filled with the screams of human suffering

McNugget Buddy
Aug 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mr Hootington posted:

Yeah until 2027 when everyone forgers how to make vaccines.

Self-Appointed Interim President Tom Hanks desperately trying to acquire vaccine from China since all the US plants have shuttered after all the workers died

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

China stans are always a good laugh

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Spoondick posted:

the biden plan is to suffer decision paralysis for 6 weeks trying to thread an impossible needle through preventing mass death and keeping the economy open and then blame the calamity on unvirtuous and selfish people who didn't get their booster shots

interesting move, what do you call it

"the open biden gambit"

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
It dawns on me that the US national COVID public messaging is following the exact same sort of Playbook that the National Hurricane Center (NHC) uses with hurricane forecasting, but the NHC has way more experience at what they do.

In particular, meteorologists and hobbyist hurricane trackers know that there are very nonlinear changes that can happen in hurricane modeling that can rapidly shift the cone of uncertainty. However, the NHC prefers to blend/interpolate these changes as smoothly as possible whenever it occurs because any excessive whiplash heightens panic in the public. When there is some sort of bifurcated outcome, they typically hedge down the middle until they need to start blending toward one direction as well.

I think our health response is trying and failing to do the same. We're watching them trying to ever so slowly dial the public toward reality a bit, but in reality SARS-CoV-2 is moving the goalposts even more quickly.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

McNugget Buddy posted:

we all got boosters months ago (..)

lol, no we didn't. I am staring straight into the abyss. :denmark:

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

mod sassinator posted:

lmfao walensky is doubling down on mild!! today!! she's still saying it's mild!!

https://apnews.com/article/ap-interview-coronavirus-omicron-rochelle-walensky-83c6607d1809a922ae0f892e22a5377f

FIRE WALENSKY

Making statements like this based on 40 cases, most of which were discovered within the last week, is loving criminal. As in, it should be an actual crime for a person in a public health role to say things like this given that data set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lol