Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

oh poo poo, spookware sequel shadowdrop

i guess that counts as 2 games having a 1.0 date

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Mordja posted:

Ugh, this dinosaur thing looks like a PS1 game.

I would go as far as to say that their raison d'être. They made the game to make a ps1-rear end game.

I also dislike it.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Think I saw that exact same Sentry trailer at, what, the PCGamer show?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

lmao the fake nu metal song in Slayer X trailer

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Zane Rocks

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

so that's what finland looks like

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

If I had done the Compound Fracture trailer I would've ended with a T-rex reveal or something.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

What's with all the 451 references in games that are just retro shooters and not imm sims?
Devs nowadays aren't even able to put an appropriate reference anymore. Put a dopefish if you want to play that angle!

Turin Turambar fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Sep 16, 2022

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

extraneum dev works fast, drat. already episode 2 in a couple of months. probably will hit 1.0 early 2023 then

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

PRODEUS 1.0 NEXT WEEK gently caress

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I still want a 3D weapons option for Prodeus. :colbert:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Who is this Jared guy anyway? I don't mind him he's just weirdly sincere for a host.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The real Quake 2

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Googling "Phantom Fury" sure does make one think

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

The 7th Guest posted:

PRODEUS 1.0 NEXT WEEK gently caress

Yessssss

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

feels like team17 doesn't really get the vibe of this event lol

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

It goes on and on. Also, now it's just another indie showcase.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

well, i guess that counts as 1.0 date #5 even though it's not really a game that fits the event (autopsy sim november 2022)

Dieting Hippo
Jan 5, 2006

THIS IS NOT A PROPER DIET FOR A HIPPO

Shoehead posted:

Zane in chat

bwl

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
Ok, I'm down for Phantom Fury. Never got IF because, well, yeah, but I like the DNF vibes.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Wait, I thought they already rereleased ROTT?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Mordja posted:

Wait, I thought they already rereleased ROTT?
are you thinking of a GOG release, or the remake, maybe? the remake was... it was okay. it wasn't the best but it was okay.

e: Amid Evil DLC, finally some good food

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Turin Turambar posted:

I would go as far as to say that their raison d'être. They made the game to make a ps1-rear end game.

I also dislike it.

Definitely not an aesthetic I'm at all nostalgic for, but hey- Jurassic Park survival horror. I'll put up with vertex swim for that concept.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I tried to replay both Dino- Crisiseses recently because I'm trying really hard to manifest a REmake engine remake of them and boy, they look great to me but I think they both predate the dual shock, and it is roughh

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

amid evil dlc looks great, but still no release date -_-

story of this fuckin show

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Oh my god still no date.

E: Huh, no Fallen Aces at all.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Turin Turambar posted:

What's with all the 451 references in games that are just retro shooters and not imm sims?
Devs nowadays aren't even able to put an appropriate reference anymore. Put a dopefish of you want to play that angle!

it's the videogame version of the wilhelm scream

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i guess that counts as a 1.0 date? Wrath finally, FINALLY releases Spring 2023 (i assume that means episode 2 will come out at some point this year)

that makes 6 total 1.0 dates if you count Spookware Episode 2 (which I do, because the game was never presented or developed as an EA title) - so that, and Supplice, Chasm, Prodeus, Autopsy Sim, and Wrath

e: what a weird game to end on lol

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Sep 16, 2022

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
No Kingpin or SiN Reloaded huh. drat. :sigh:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

catlord posted:

Ok, I'm down for Phantom Fury. Never got IF because, well, yeah, but I like the DNF vibes.

Absolutely, that's a cool trailer. And we deserve the peace and love of talking about FPS games here, even though some people disgraced themselves that time. We need diplomatic immunity for Phantom Fury posting.

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

No Kingpin or SiN Reloaded huh. drat. :sigh:

I still need that SiN Reloaded! And Kingpin's demo was legendary at the time too.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
A SWINE followup?

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/AgeofHellGame/status/1570153053877325824?t=AMiOQkhFsZFA7Qbk0auJLw&s=19

What big news? They weren't included in the day 1 live stream!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
So by my count Slipgate is currently developing:

Graven
Wrath
Tempest Rising
Phantom Fury

Am I missing one?

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I think that Danish guy Fred, along with the Embracer Group owning them, they just kinda are involved in everything. The Wikipedia page for the company's games is interesting. Also it's wild that Slipgate Ironworks is named after a company John Romero made.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
Good Doom people doing Good Not-Doom things.

https://twitter.com/esselfortium/status/1570853479157231616
https://twitter.com/AltazimuthEE/status/1570878146538508290
https://twitter.com/SuppliceGame/status/1570864070219411456

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
poo poo, I thought this was gonna be an actual release...

Rocket Pan
Nov 3, 2011

Anything can be sent, as long as it's less than 1200 bytes

The Kins posted:

Good Doom people doing Good Not-Doom things.

Read that as "Not-Good Doom things" and thought essel and xaser were teamed up to make some new gross-hack mapset or something.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Rocket Pan posted:

Read that as "Not-Good Doom things" and thought essel and xaser were teamed up to make some new gross-hack mapset or something.
One day. Probably. I mean, it seems like a thing they'd do.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Cool to see those Doom names. Speaking of, what did John Romero say at RealmsDeep?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Heavy Metal posted:

Cool to see those Doom names. Speaking of, what did John Romero say at RealmsDeep?
He announced a physical big-box version of Project Warlock 1 he's publishing. He didn't work on that game, but hey, the developer's on board, why not use that rep.