Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Great, so Trump is pulling a Bush to boost his ratings with ARE TRUPS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Lightning Knight posted:

Wait, who are we going to war with now? :psyduck:

America, probably.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

But will it work?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Covok posted:

But will it work?

No but that won't stop you from freaking out at about 9:15 EST tonight.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

DreamShipWrecked posted:

but he didn't blow up any scyscrapers yet

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Lightning Knight posted:

Nothing certain, but here are some guesses:

1 It's an escalation of troop presence in Afghanistan.
2 North Korea
3 Having decided to allow India to declare official territory in a long-standing conflict, we go all the way and invade Pakistan or some other insane poo poo.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Lightning Knight posted:

The Bad Hombre Alliance.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

ARE TRUPS don't want to be stuck in Afghanistan for another decade. The only people that want that are the people who sit and home and jerk off to fantasies of killing Muslims, people who sit at home and jerk off to photos of military hardware, and people who sit on camera and jerk off to the thought of all the eyeballs from covering Muslims being killed and military hardware being deployed.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

KillHour posted:

ARE TRUPS don't want to be stuck in Afghanistan for another decade. The only people that want that are the people who sit and home and jerk off to fantasies of killing Muslims, people who sit at home and jerk off to photos of military hardware, and people who sit on camera and jerk off to the thought of all the eyeballs from covering Muslims being killed and military hardware being deployed.

But enough about his voting base

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

KillHour posted:

What we really need is a big, beautiful wall the length of the Afghanistan-Pakistan border.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Office Pig posted:

2 North Korea
3 Having decided to allow India to declare official territory in a long-standing conflict, we go all the way and invade Pakistan or some other insane poo poo.

Pakistan has nuclear weapons, we ain't doing poo poo to them unless its under some South Vietnam esque pretense of being "invited in" to help solve their insurgency. Which we've already been doing for years with our drone program really.

Shimrra Jamaane fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Aug 21, 2017

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2017/08/21/mike-allen-trumps-afghan-plan-will-have-the-u-s-not-winning-but-not-losing/

Breibart already openly mocking Trump

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Lightning Knight posted:

4000ish troop increase into Afganistan.

I actually doubt its going to affect his ratings positively since everybody, especially the military, is sick of the war there. They will try to spin it so that we are mostly countering ISIS but I doubt it will work.

Wayne Knight
May 11, 2006

Screenshot so I don't have to click on that site?

Cingulate
Oct 23, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Which means it's not wrong to use it. Just make fun of the hipsters for complaining about singular "they" because who gives a flying gently caress.

And going "I've got a phd in linguistics!!" just makes it worse, because god drat you should have learned by now to pick your battles, that language changes over time (which you admit here), and that very very few people even understand what you mean when you talk about declination vs conjugation and such. Hell, the only reason I do is because my latin teacher spent our first class teaching us how to think about english like a linguist so that we could understand latin's structures.
I have no idea what you're trying to say. And cause I have a phd in linguistics, it means its your fault

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Pakistan has nuclear weapons, we ain't doing poo poo to them unless its under some South Vietnam esque pretense of being "invited in" to help solve their insurgency.
Yeah with the exception of all the dronings and actual, men on the ground, face to face targeted killings and

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

i thought the plan was to go after fuhrer's (((globalist))) family?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Trump's gonna boost drift onto stage in a golf kart, announce that he MOAB'd Pyongyang thirty-five minutes ago, and peel off for a seven-day retreat at Mar-a-Lago.

Covok
May 27, 2013

RZA Encryption posted:

Screenshot so I don't have to click on that site?

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
Time machine:
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/307568422789709824
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/174215838814044160
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/179270017064513536
Blind huh?

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Feldegast42 posted:

4000ish troop increase into Afganistan.

I actually doubt its going to affect his ratings positively since everybody, especially the military, is sick of the war there. They will try to spin it so that we are mostly countering ISIS but I doubt it will work.

I think we have around ten thousand troops there as of Obama so that is a pretty big increase

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Blind, like a dog

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Office Pig posted:

2 North Korea

The expectation is that he'll announce an additional 4,000 troops to be sent to Afghanistan. Which just seems incredibly pointless, when you consider that we had 100,000 troops in Afghanistan at one point and it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I think we have around ten thousand troops there as of Obama so that is a pretty big increase

I'm sure 14,000 will be able to to do the job when 100,000 weren't able to 15 years ago.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Internet Kraken posted:

What the hell is the point of making prison inmates wear pink underwear

Toxic masculinity.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Weren't a huge portion of Trump voters basically isolationists that only want Trump to pay attention to domestic issues?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Blind, like a dog

Nah, dogs aren't idiots.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Mahoning posted:

Weren't a huge portion of Trump voters basically isolationists that only want Trump to pay attention to domestic issues?

Yes but those people were never ever not going to just vote straight ticket Republican anyway so it really doesn't matter.

Maybe that's not totally fair, some of them might have otherwise wrote in Ron Paul I guess. Maybe.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Mahoning posted:

One of Bannon's major platforms. Ironically it was the one thing that Grima Wormtongue was somewhat right on, albeit for lovely reasons.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Internet Kraken posted:

What the hell is the point of making prison inmates wear pink underwear

In Arpaio's mind, the only way to make the scum of the earth feel lower than they already are is to make them feel like women.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Blind, like a dog

Blind, like a fox.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/243783684669440000

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lightning Knight posted:

Increase in troops to Afghanistan and a possible change of relationship with Pakistan (which is well earned at this point, gently caress Pakistan)

I'd also surmise that the US will take an official stance on the India/China border skirmish as "gently caress you both, work it out yourselves" or to rephrase it so it sounds like actual policy, "The United States calls on both India and China to continue working towards a peaceful, diplomatic solutions to the current border dispute."

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Mahoning posted:

This is the official line of the alt-right but when push comes to shove, I think for most of them their lust for Muslim death will overcome their pig-headed isolationism.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

DaveWoo posted:

The expectation is that he'll announce an additional 4,000 troops to be sent to Afghanistan. Which just seems incredibly pointless, when you consider that we had 100,000 troops in Afghanistan at one point and it didn't seem to make much of a difference.

:911: "Fascism rejects assertions that violence is automatically negative in nature and views political violence, war, and imperialism as means that can achieve national rejuvenation." :911:

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Fart City posted:

One of Bannon's major platforms. Ironically it was the one thing that Grima Wormtongue was somewhat right on, albeit for lovely reasons.

Bannon, like fellow isolationists like the Pauls, isn't against war on any sort of principle they just don't want regular military units to do it. They want PMCs to do it because they can operate on far less accountability and drain a country dry of anything of value like it was the Congo Free State.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I'm sure 14,000 will be able to to do the job when 100,000 weren't able to 15 years ago.

We've changed strategy completely to assisting and training Afghani forces and working on strengthening the central government and anti-corruption stuff. An extra 4k will be enough to support a much larger tactical footprint, though I'm sure the Pentagon would like more.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Mahoning posted:

In addition to what others have said it is hard to tell how much of the anti-intervention noise during the campaign was Russian astroturfing.

It wasn't all of it by far, but there was definitely some.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grapplejack posted:

We've changed strategy completely to assisting and training Afghani forces and working on strengthening the central government and anti-corruption stuff. An extra 4k will be enough to support a much larger tactical footprint, though I'm sure the Pentagon would like more.

Ah a strategy of VietAghanistanization. I'm sure it'll work this time.

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Pander posted:

Nah, dogs aren't idiots.

http://m.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/donald-trump-dogs_us_56b99a5ee4b04f9b57dafa54

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

So do we know for sure that Trump did NOT blind himself today?

• Locked thread