Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Grapplejack posted:

It's always bothered me that people support mountaintop removal; the hills are like, the only thing that WV really has and they just blow a mountain in half and then leave. You're lucky if they bother putting the dirt back, and they certainly don't replant the trees.

Nooooo don't do this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrecknet
Jan 2, 2005

Grapplejack posted:

It's always bothered me that people support mountaintop removal; the hills are like, the only thing that WV really has and they just blow a mountain in half and then leave. You're lucky if they bother putting the dirt back, and they certainly don't replant the trees.

Feh. Those aren't even real mountains in WV. Maybe in Wyoming they come close, but you gotta get out to Montana for the real whitecaps.

Yellow Ant
Feb 28, 2016

Office Pig posted:

https://twitter.com/Gizmodo/status/899709604963266560

(This is approximately the moment he bade his followers to go by his example.)

Trump is trying to harness the power of the Orb?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Sexual Aluminum posted:

please tell me this is fake, like that image of T_D talking about how trump making GBS threads himself is a good thing.

I wish CNN would hire Jeffrey Lord back just to defend why Trump staring directly at the sun was a good thing.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Oh my christ

https://twitter.com/igorvolsky/status/899791860243234816

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

That was actually a brilliant appeal to Trump's personality.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

There Bias Two posted:

When you think about it, this would work with a lot of the general public.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Where would Afghanistan be if the Soviets never decided to completely gently caress it up?

Xae
Jan 19, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Where would Afghanistan be if the Soviets never decided to completely gently caress it up?

It was hosed up long before the Soviet's invaded, it'll be hosed up long after we leave.

The Phantom Ghost
Feb 28, 2007

hold on what kind of fighting robot is he again

Trump was later quoted as saying "AWOOOGA" and slamming his "flag draped coffin" amazon dash button repeatedly

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The same, most likely, people forget that the 10 years previous to the Soviet invasion there was a heap of coups and coup attempts.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"

There Bias Two posted:

Those pictures got posted around here all the loving time too

Look at Afghan University! Modern architecture and women in western clothes! See what could be

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Right between Iran, Pakistan, and Turkmenistan :confused:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Xae posted:

It was hosed up long before the Soviet's invaded, it'll be hosed up long after we leave.

Yeah, there's a few hundred years of fuckup to write about for Afghanistan before the USSR was even a glint in a Bolshevik eye.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Reminder: Trump statement on Afghanistan etc. starting soon: https://www.whitehouse.gov/live/president-trump-gives-presidential-address-nation

edit: feed is live.

I'm the troop bottom left with the bright orange hair.

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Aug 22, 2017

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
You're all going to Afghanistan, congratulations

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trump took his downers tonight.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
holy gently caress this is low energy, SAD!

I guess this is what happens when Donnie has to give a speech when he'd normally be lumbering around the White House in pajamas yelling at Fox News on the TV.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Trump took his downers tonight.

yeah there's almost no inflection or emotion in his delivery

let's see if he gets fired up and starts riffing

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

You can tell when he doesn't give a poo poo about what he's saying and who he's saying it to.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Follow their example of dieing?

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

jesus he really did look into the sun too long. it's like the teleprompter is slowly pulling away from him as he speaks

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

mcvey posted:

You're all going to Afghanistan, congratulations

And it's 1,2,3
What are we fightin' for?
Don't ask me I don't give a drat
Next stop's Afghanistan

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

"In conclusion, gays and trannies get out. Thank You."

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

If pattern holds he is going to mumble his way through his prepared statement and then excitedly say something that we are going to talk about for weeks.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
I like how he's talking about the incredible diversity of our armed forces, mentions race, gender but tellingly not sexuality / gender identity.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
Does he always do the 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻 with his hands

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

buglord posted:

It's been part of his public speaking style for decades.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

buglord posted:

Yes. It's his version of the Clinton Thumb, only much shitter and more egregious.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I thought he was not going to reveal strategy

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

16 years, not 17 Donny.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
He's getting more animated now. I think we're heading off script fast.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

"My original instinct was to pull out."

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene
wait are we really pivoting to a more pro-India stance? personally it seems inevitable but it'd still be a historic development. also of course trump loves modi, just like bibi. what a loving pack of ghouls.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Trump admitting he was incorrect about something?

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
My original instinct was to PULL OUT. Usually I follow my instincts. But things are different when you're the President.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
LOL he 'studied Afghanistan'

KickerOfMice
Jun 7, 2017

[/color]Keep firing, assholes![/color]

Spaceballs the custom title.
Fun Shoe

Dr. Angela Ziegler posted:

Feh. Those aren't even real mountains in WV. Maybe in Wyoming they come close, but you gotta get out to Montana for the real whitecaps.

The mountains in Pennsylvania are the best mountains on the continent, every single person agrees. :smuggo:

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

cargo cult posted:

wait are we really pivoting to a more pro-India stance? personally it seems inevitable but it'd still be a historic development. also of course trump loves modi, just like bibi. what a loving pack of ghouls.

Is pro-India good or bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
Sunken cost fallacy but for lives?

• Locked thread