Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Red posted:

Those little guys really aren't bad. I'd like to get the Ares, and my local Target has had a Grim Reaper sitting on a peg for months. Hmm.

Maybe I read that rumor somewhere and took it as fact for some reason. I'm fine with it, I just don't live conveniently close to one. I do work near one, but it's an odd city Walgreens store that carries zero toys.

I have like 9 within 10 minutes of my house and office, if it materializes there I'll hook you up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yeah, if you want him you should wait. Someone said they were going to redo his design anyway for the final films he's in. No point in getting this one.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The Rage posted:

I have like 9 within 10 minutes of my house and office, if it materializes there I'll hook you up

I may just take you up on that.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Heads up, the Marvel Legends Avengers wave are being put on Amazon for $22 each. Seems like quantities are consistent but hurry if you want them.

e: links at the bottom of this Fwoosh post: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=92093&start=1755

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Looks like TRU wasn't being TRU and shipped the preorder I put in for the Odin wave, so yay no hunting.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Heads up, the Marvel Legends Avengers wave are being put on Amazon for $22 each. Seems like quantities are consistent but hurry if you want them.

e: links at the bottom of this Fwoosh post: http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=92093&start=1755

Well cockwaffles, I missed Witch and Marvel

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'll have to wait til April but I'm just ordering a case through work again.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Rhyno posted:

I'll have to wait til April but I'm just ordering a case through work again.

Yeah I was surprised about that, went into my local comic shop tonight and he told me he just got the option to order that wave this month so he's thinking March on delivery. Didn't realize Big Box got that much of a head start.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

The Rage posted:

Yeah I was surprised about that, went into my local comic shop tonight and he told me he just got the option to order that wave this month so he's thinking March on delivery. Didn't realize Big Box got that much of a head start.

Unless it's a shared exclusive (X-Men wave) Diamond is usually two months behind. While they may ship early they are scheduled to April through Diamond. And for reference, they just got their GOTG cases last month.

I marked myself down for a case but I doubt I'll carry them in the store.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook
I'm struggling to understand the thought process behind some of these figures. My son loves the Marvel Mashers line (ok so do I) but it's hard to find a complete list of what's available - even the Hasbro site is missing many that I can see on other sites.

My son really likes Colossus, but for some stupid reason they only seem to be releasing his head, as part of a set with Juggernaut? And the Juggernaut looks hilariously bad, with his helmet eyebrows: http://www.hasbro.com/heromashers/en_CA/shop/details.cfm?R=F59CE961-5056-9047-F597-FAA2D13FDC57:en_CA

Is there somewhere to find announcements on what figures they plan next? They have a million different versions of Iron Man, which kinda makes sense, but also some I hadn't heard of like A Bomb, and yet they're missing more common characters like the X-Men or any super chicks.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Ultimate Goblin was feeling like less of a man.

But thanks to my friend at the local toy shop, I was able to complete him today.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Everything but Iron Fist and Machine Man are in stock at Amazon right now.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Disco De Soto posted:

I'm struggling to understand the thought process behind some of these figures. My son loves the Marvel Mashers line (ok so do I) but it's hard to find a complete list of what's available - even the Hasbro site is missing many that I can see on other sites.

My son really likes Colossus, but for some stupid reason they only seem to be releasing his head, as part of a set with Juggernaut? And the Juggernaut looks hilariously bad, with his helmet eyebrows: http://www.hasbro.com/heromashers/en_CA/shop/details.cfm?R=F59CE961-5056-9047-F597-FAA2D13FDC57:en_CA

Is there somewhere to find announcements on what figures they plan next? They have a million different versions of Iron Man, which kinda makes sense, but also some I hadn't heard of like A Bomb, and yet they're missing more common characters like the X-Men or any super chicks.

It looks like there are other parts to Colossus in that Juggernaut set though? (The silver pieces?) Maybe they're doing a Build-a-Figure type of thing where you have to get a bunch of figs?

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

RevKrule posted:

Hot Toy's Thanos is up for pre-order. It's....not cheap.

http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...aign=012915news

$400+ is loving ridiculous

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Old Man Pants posted:

I love the payment plan options

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

You aren't a true collector until your Hot Toys payment plans total out to $400 a month anyway.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

Davros1 posted:

It looks like there are other parts to Colossus in that Juggernaut set though? (The silver pieces?) Maybe they're doing a Build-a-Figure type of thing where you have to get a bunch of figs?

I also thought that was the case, which would have made sense since they are doing that with the Transformers mashers, but not for the marvel figures for some dumb reason. It's just his head and one hand. The other silver pieces look like arms but they are weird useless pistol things.

Happy birthday son! Here's the decapitated head of your favorite hero.

They've done the same with other new sets where you get the head and hand for Sabertooth and Beta Ray Bill. It's just so half-assed.

Red Rox fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Feb 1, 2015

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Old Man Pants posted:

Hot Toys virgin spotted

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Old Man Pants posted:

Its just slightly smaller than Hulk, and it comes with a kickass, light up chair. Its on point, price wise. Now, I am afraid of what Hulkbuster will cost. The loving thing will probably be 800 bucks.

Old Man Pants
Nov 22, 2010

Strippers are people too!

The Rage posted:

Hot Toys virgin spotted

Indeed, because I refuse to spend a paycheck on plastic.

Joe Fisto posted:

Its just slightly smaller than Hulk, and it comes with a kickass, light up chair. Its on point, price wise. Now, I am afraid of what Hulkbuster will cost. The loving thing will probably be 800 bucks.

It is also half the size of the $300 Iron giant figure, isn't limited edition, and doesn't even come with an infinity gauntlet.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They're all limited edition.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Maybe I missed the part of Guardians of the Galaxy where he had an Infinity Gauntlet.

EDIT: Also that Mondo Iron Giant is the same size as Thanos, not twice as large as him.

Caesarian Sectarian fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Feb 2, 2015

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

Old Man Pants posted:

Indeed, because I refuse to spend a paycheck on plastic.

It is also half the size of the $300 Iron giant figure, isn't limited edition, and doesn't even come with an infinity gauntlet.

The gauntlet doesn't exist yet, of course it doesn't come with it.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Joe Fisto posted:

The gauntlet doesn't exist yet, of course it doesn't come with it.

<cough> (from Thor)

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The_Doctor posted:

<cough> (from Thor)

Why is it so loving hard for people to realize the gauntlet is left handed. I believe this is the same (wrong) prop that was shown a couple years ago at SDCC.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The_Doctor posted:

<cough> (from Thor)

How can it have all the gems? At the time, Asgard supposedly only had one. When they got Malekith's, they gave it to The Collector.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

RevKrule posted:

Why is it so loving hard for people to realize the gauntlet is left handed. I believe this is the same (wrong) prop that was shown a couple years ago at SDCC.

drat what a huge oversight. I fixed it though

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

The_Doctor posted:

<cough> (from Thor)

That's just a shiny glove. No gems, no infinity gauntlet.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The_Doctor posted:

<cough> (from Thor)

It's the Nintendo Powerglove from The Wizard.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
That's an easter egg. A joke lobbed into the movie by the set guys. There's also a ton of other poo poo in the trophy room. I would not imagine that you can consider that to be even remotely canon.

The final piece will probably resemble it, because Thanos has a giant hand and the sneak peek we saw online during the announcements had it looking pretty cool.

Also, the gauntlet changes hands depending on who draws it. There's no correct "it's only left" or "it's only right" hand for it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Thanos designed both of his gloves to accept the gems. You'd think down the line somebody would come up with something snazzier.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
The best "redesign" I have ever seen for a god tier weapon was that Deadpool thor hammer. That thing was amazing.

I wanna make one some day, but I gotta find some place that sells GIGANTIC rhinestones...

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

The best "redesign" I have ever seen for a god tier weapon was that Deadpool thor hammer. That thing was amazing.

I wanna make one some day, but I gotta find some place that sells GIGANTIC rhinestones...

I've bought large plastic ones at Michael's before.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't think they make em that big. I'll have to dig up the artwork and the comic again.

Any excuse for a decent Deadpool story :allears:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Target has the ML 3 pack for $25. That's low enough for me to bite.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

If you like Mondo's Iron Giant figure but are unable to come up with the $300 for it now, it's also being sold through Sideshow with payment plan.
http://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...nGiant_02022015

Also available (through Mondo and Sideshow) is the Iron Giant bolt for a much more reasonable $65.

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!

Rhyno posted:

Target has the ML 3 pack for $25. That's low enough for me to bite.

Was that in store? Showing out of stock online.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Bushifox posted:

Was that in store? Showing out of stock online.

In store. 5% more if you use Redcard but I had a shitload of gift cards so I used one of those.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
I picked up that 3 pack on Saturday and also found Sentry and Hawkeye.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushifox
Dec 10, 2003

Je suis une tappette pour les jouets cheap et casse. Je suis dieu des nulles!
So I got the three pack today. They also had another 3 pack, but instead of Ms Marvel in it, it had Madame Masque. Was this a variant, or did someone just switch out Ms Marvel and bring it back?