Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

Tortilla Maker posted:

Wasn't able to secure any tickets to watch Mexico get slaughtered in the first round so I'll be watching US v. Ghana instead.

Why is this world so cruel?

Well you'll get to see a concacaf team lose, just not the one you want, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
You'll get to watch two better teams in a likely exciting game. Not too bad. Also you can probably tailgate with American fans, I don't think anyone takes the "rivalry" that seriously.

Akbar
Nov 22, 2004

Hubba-
Hubba.

Tortilla Maker posted:

Wasn't able to secure any tickets to watch Mexico get slaughtered in the first round so I'll be watching US v. Ghana instead.

Why is this world so cruel?

Are you going to wear all of your Mexico gear anyways?

MrXmas
Apr 10, 2006

Let's Get Sweaty
Jozy did a thing that made Chelsea people mad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUFxjv1fto0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KulYavD2k0g

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Canada vs. USA women's friendly is on right now

http://www.vipboxam.co/football/227009/1/canada-w-vs-usa-w-live-stream-online.html

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Is it on TV?

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shrapnig posted:

Is it on TV?

Sportsnet 360 in Canada, ESPN3/ESPNW in the US

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

Sportsnet 360 in Canada, ESPN3/ESPNW in the US

Gracias.

Nice to know it's Canada 0 - X USA right now

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Shrapnig posted:

Gracias.

Nice to know it's Canada 0 - X USA right now

no it's not lol

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Jermaine Dildoe posted:

no it's not lol

It was!

Poonior Toilett
Aug 21, 2004

m'lady

Until that set piece :getin:

Azerban
Oct 28, 2003

I would enjoy this score at the end of the game, or some multiple of the current score.

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Here is the trailer for the US Soccer version of Hard Knocks starting next week on ESPN.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YWDwWQdpOw

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
Turns out we're going to play Belgium in a closed door warmup game in Brazil before the tournament starts. We could potentially meet them in the second round so that's kind of weird.

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Tigren posted:

the second round

:lol:

B.B. Rodriguez
Aug 8, 2005

Bender: "I was God once." God: "Yes, I saw. You were doing well until everyone died."

He said potentially. Like potentially I'll win MegaMillions.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
a) we want the us to come in 2nd in the group 'cause that's a much cooler list of cities to visit in the subsequent rounds regardless of who advances past round 2
b) it's okay, robodonovan is here

SpaceGirlArt
Mar 29, 2008

Hoover Dam posted:

a) we want the us to come in 2nd in the group 'cause that's a much cooler list of cities to visit in the subsequent rounds regardless of who advances past round 2
b) it's okay, robodonovan is here

Yellow card for RoboDonovan after a goal smashes through the net and decapitates several fans.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
30-man training camp roster comes out today. As far as fringe players go:

- Kljestan not coming (not really a surprise)
- Tim Ream not coming (kind of a surprise given the season he had at Bolton/lack of sound backline depth)

scourgeofthe7bees
Jun 21, 2008

So when does Klinnsi drop the 30 man list?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

scourgeofthe7bees posted:

So when does Klinnsi drop the 30 man list?

Sometime within the hour.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

RED WHITE AND BLUE ALERT
http://www.ussoccer.com/stories/2014/05/12/13/23/140512-mnt-prelim-roster

GOALKEEPERS (3) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (11) : DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)

MIDFIELDERS (10) : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Maurice Edu (Philadelphia Union), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (6) : Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

7 of these guys will be dropped between here and Natal. Assume GK is set in stone. And that Beasley will be on the roster through Qatar.

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
No terrible surprises so far. No Brek Shea is for the best.

I had an effort post worthy paragraph on why Mix Diskerud SHOULD HAVE BEEN included until my reading skills caught up.

e: Parkhurst > Yedlin imo

TasmanianX fucked around with this message at 20:03 on May 12, 2014

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Half of MLS not sending representatives.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
EJ is the most notable exclusion but not exactly shocking given the poo poo season he's had so far

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Doesn't the World Cup squad need to to into the USMNT competitive thread?

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em

Pissflaps posted:

agreed op

joshtothemaxx
Nov 17, 2008

I will have a whole army of zombies! A zombie Marine Corps, a zombie Navy Corps, zombie Space Cadets...

Pissflaps posted:

When has the USMNT ever been competitive

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

Real Name Grover posted:

EJ is the most notable exclusion but not exactly shocking given the poo poo season he's had so far

Calling out his coworkers last week wasn't helping much.

Yedlin's not gonna make the final plane--and man was he particularly poor yesterday--but he's a "2018, son, all this can be yours" call. Brooks and Green are too, but are more likely to ship out.

I LEAVE A MONTH FROM TOMORROW :siren:

Babby Thatcher
May 3, 2004

concept by my buddy kyle
1) since when is DaMarcus Beasley a defender?

2) how the gently caress will DaMarcus Beasley soon have made it onto the pitch at four seperate world cup finals?

RocketLunatic
May 6, 2005
i love lamp.
Brek would be on if he had gotten any minutes recently. The guy ruined his shot by melting down on every team he's been on recently.

Evans and Yedlin are surprises. I would have called up Ream before Yedlin. Evans has just looked awful lately. But they may be part of that seven. I'll be curious to see if Boyd makes the final cut. No way Wondo makes it.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

Babby Thatcher posted:

Since Klinsmann theorized the advantages of putting Fabian Johnson at left mid outweighed the disadvantages of putting Beasley at left back

insider
Feb 22, 2007

A secret room... always my favourite room in a house.

Babby Thatcher posted:

I guess you didn't watch a single USA qualifier? This isn't something new.

Suqit
Apr 25, 2005

Stars Stripes Freedom Jozy
(Jozy not pictured here)
Isn;t this the non competitive thread?

There is a thread for discussing the US squad you know...

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3564325

TasmanianX
Jan 7, 2009

Just Kick 'Em
So now pick (the non-competitive) 7.

Here's mine:
Chandler, Evans, Yedlin, Corona, Davis, Wondo, Boyd

TasmanianX fucked around with this message at 23:54 on May 12, 2014

Tigren
Oct 3, 2003
I'm not surprised by that list one bit. I've got zero expectations for the team and I'll drink and cheer and yell at the TV no matter who goes to Brazil.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

Real Name Grover posted:

Eddie Johnson ‏@eddie_johnson7 3m
Now I have more time to work on the 'Johnson-Altidore Center For Kids Who Can't Score Good and Wanna Learn How to Do Other Things Good' #DrawTwoDefenders #Bite

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
lol that defense, im putting $50 on usa to get 0 points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Has anyone ordered the authentic version of the new jersey? How does it fit? Looks very tight in the pictures.

• Locked thread