Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

DannoMack posted:

Can someone with more experience with the sim tell me how a SP would fare out of the bullpen? Is there a major ratings penalty?

If you have to, make sure it's someone who actually pitches like a reliever. You want strikeouts. But, speaking from experience, it's almost always a bad idea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginge
Sep 8, 2011

Well, Chippy is already my favourite character!

Smasher Dynamo posted:

Smoltz is ready now, Brown will be ready for Game 2.

Ah, that lines up just nicely then. Return to the four-man rotation.

Warm Sarsaparilla
Jan 3, 2012

Who's available for me in the rotation? Relatedly, is Clifton Lee stretched out for a start?

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
Pick 'em: League Championship Edition
Coburns @ Somali Pirates in 6, 5-4
Walney Rakers @ Galactic Wanderers in 6 4-1

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

Warm Sarsaparilla posted:

Who's available for me in the rotation? Relatedly, is Clifton Lee stretched out for a start?

You don't have any injuries to your four starters. So it'll be Maddux/Stieb/Blyleven/Blyleven, which is the best the Coburns are going to do.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Pick 'em Standings: Not only was Pash the only person to pick the Rakers (+1), but he also picked them to win in 5 (+3) and was within a single run of the final score (+4)

This gives him a sizable lead heading into the next playoff round.

Pash 29
Armitage 22
CVE 22
Plunder Corp 22
Pander 19
blakelmenakle 18
RevenantThreshold 17
genericgirlname 15
mentholmoose 14
Monathin 11
Moose On The Loose 9
craigk 6
CthulhuDreams 6
theacox 5

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Coburns @ Somali Pirates in 5, 3-1
Walney Rakers @ Galactic Wanderers in 7 7-5

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

FairGame posted:

Pick 'em Standings: Not only was Pash the only person to pick the Rakers (+1), but he also picked them to win in 5 (+3) and was within a single run of the final score (+4)

This gives him a sizable lead heading into the next playoff round.

Pash 29
Armitage 22
CVE 22
Plunder Corp 22
Pander 19
blakelmenakle 18
RevenantThreshold 17
genericgirlname 15
mentholmoose 14
Monathin 11
Moose On The Loose 9
craigk 6
CthulhuDreams 6
theacox 5

Go Pash. Keep the Plunder Corp out of first place, for the love of baseball.

mrnoun
Jul 24, 2007
Wanderers

Two small changes:

1. Could you check my pitchers and turn off any personal catcher settings? I get the feeling I may have left them on from the end of the regular season. I'd prefer to avoid a repeat of The Scioscia Incident, since that was probably ELP's worst album.

2. Rookie Roy Halladay has been terrific this season, but I'd rather not rely on a rookie in a possible Game 7. If it's possible without starting anyone on short rest, I'd like to swap Halladay and Hendrix, thusly:

Game 1: Pedro
Game 2: Alexander
Game 3: Hendrix
Game 4: Halladay
Game 5: Pedro
Game 6: Alexander
Game 7: Hendrix

I'm almost tempted to start Vaughn in Game 4, because Halladay's a rookie, it's a road game, and Vaughn's a dead-baller. But 'dance with who brung ya' and all that.

Beet
Aug 24, 2003
I made a post here detailing what I was looking to do with the DLCS for the Pirates, in case you missed.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Coburns in 7, final score 6-2
Wanderers in 5, final score 3-1

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Eternal Commissioner of the Super League. A new avatar. A new age, of the same old embittered Smasher that failed to escape the bonds of the SL, FM3, Johnny Hopp and Eri Yoshida "The Knuckle Princess". "The flames of Smasher's ire scorch the skies... Igniting St. Bellhorn's funeral pyre."

The winners of this round move on to the final Gauntlet Round. Also, to address the rumors of some sort of pre-season Super-Lottery to get the number of teams down to more manageable levels...

...Well, who doesn't love the Super-Lottery?

Results!

The Manatees and Detroit Toyota Tercels both finish with 20-20 records...but the Manatees win the head-to-head 7-6, and they will advance to the final round!

The Marmosets lived together!
The Manatees are the rare feel-good story in the Super-League that last for more than thirty seconds before being crushed by Marauder!
Detroit has just not had a good year in general.
The Penguins started Mike Morse. And now they are morose.

Just a brutal collapse. The Falcons were 16-10 heading into the final month, and then it all fell apart, capped off by getting crushed 18-3 in the last game of the season which, had they won, would have put them through to the next round.

As for the reference this time around, a 'tercel' is a male falcon.

Mike Morse and Andy LaRoche. Those would be the reasons for your loss.

Keep fighting.

Holy gently caress, the Marmosets might actually survive the Gauntlet! That's incredible!

Also, bizarre.

Pick 'em: Gauntlet Final Round: There Can Be Only One!
Pick ONE Winner, but if you pick right, you get FIVE points!
Montreal Manatees
OKC Bombers
South Dakota Marmosets
Thunderstorms feat. The MACHINE

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Badland New Vegasers

Taking offers for this first pick; It's probably either a Mantle or one of the Hornsbys. I could use the Hornsby, but I could use whatever you're offering + the draft pick first.

My needs are:

Not falling too far in the draft > C > 3B > RF > RP > SP

I'm either here or in the IRC chat, likely enough.

CraigK fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Aug 10, 2013

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Can't go wrong with the MACHINE, Thunderstorms.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
Shouldn't people be drafting?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Mooseontheloose posted:

Still Blastinus's'ss's pick, and for all we know he quit the SL.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mooseontheloose posted:

Blastinus was given 2 days pretty explicitly. His times up tonight, and then his team dies.

Good Riddance.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Pick 'em: Bombers, duh.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
:(

I believed we had a chance

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Coburns @ Somali Pirates in 5, 7-2
Walney Rakers @ Galactic Wanderers in 6 3-1

and for the last gauntlet round we go with the Thunderstorms.

GenericGirlName
Apr 10, 2012

Why did you post that?
Montreal Manatees
OKC Bombers
South Dakota Marmosets

dundaaaar

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'm in a spirit quest for the next, three hours, but I will Pick Them:

THE THUNDERSTORMS

That is all. This is my one free call says the badger spirit.

Smasher Dynamo
Oct 16, 2008

Owner: Pungry
Home Grounds: Failure Arena
Founded: Super-League X
Disestablished: Super-League X

Teams Used
All the bad ones

Honors
-None-

Pungry posted:

:(

I believed we had a chance

Pungry, for whatever reason, you are the only consistently terrible owner that I like.

For those who don't remember, Pungry is essentially the patron saint of teams that self-combust in various amusing ways. In fairness to him, the Penguins were actually better than most of his teams, but they were still not quite good enough to survive their inaugural season.

And in honor of Pungry, here's a selection of various ideas and project I had planned for the Super-League that never got off the ground for whatever reason:

Seattle Pilots Project (Around SL VI)

At some point, I had wanted to go back to the roots of this LP, and just do a normal season in Baseball Mogul. Except, to make it interesting, I was going to create the ultimate ragtag team of misfits...and then put them all on the 1969 Seattle Pilots for some reason. I have no idea why. I never really got very far with it, here's a sample box score:

I think the amazing thing about this team I made is that the starters are all either excellent defenders (Grace, Beckert, Joost, Van Slyke), or completely awful in the field (Kelly, Reynolds, Dunn, Slaught). I have no idea exactly why that is. It probably would have been entertaining, and I still might do something like it some day, but I just didn't have the energy at the time.

Here's the pitching. Thornton Lee blew out his arm in his first start, which was pretty impressive. I think I might have gone a bit far in keeping my rotation underpowered, as, looking at it now, that seems like a rotation that would never have survived a full season without self-destructing.

Final Fantasy VIII

I think I joked about doing this LP right after Leovinus had pulled his famous (by LP standards, not by any rational measure) Final Fantasy VIII LP, and it seemed like about four or five guys were racing to see who could replace it first. I decided to gently caress around by creating a fake update for my own purported LP. Of course, I was never actually going to do it, because it's Final Fantasy VIII. It's a slog to get through, and all of the jokes that internet people make about it, for the most part, boil down to "SQUALL IS SO EMO! THAT'S LAME".

But I still think that "El Pollo" is the best possible name for that particular summon.

Harvest Moon (Super-League IV)

I did this LP to kill time after my old laptop suffered a hard drive failure, and I had to rebuild the league from scratch. The problem with keeping it going is that I don't know that most of the people liked it and, more importantly, it wasn't really going to be going anywhere interesting.

Although I was going to buy a chicken, name him L'il Brian Pillman, and have him compete at the Chicken Wrestling minigame, but that probably would have been entertaining only to me.

Super-League Wrestling

All of the problems with Super-League Wrestling were due to that loving bear's inability to speak loving English.

I wish there were a better reason for me bailing on this rather than just me being lazy. I don't know, maybe I will come back to it someday, although I kind of doubt it.

Elven Relations

The Elves must be destroyed, my liege! No longer can we sit idly by as they linger in those forest that are rightfully ours! Give me one company of men, my lord, and we shall make the rivers run red with elf blood. Their time is over!

This is what I know of the Elves....

Half-considered Obit ideas (Super-League VII)

Clearly, I was very, very tired when I came up with this

Actual ideas I wrote down at one point posted:

Mooglies: Psych report on The Goog

Gumshoes: Slaught's last case

Emperors: More responsible German governance (coalition joke)

Unicorns: The epic journey of the Unicorns, Pt 2 (fully commit to fantasy trappings)

Postmodernists, Daydreamers, Mudholes: mrnoun

Comancheros, Radbourns: Coburns!

Oranges: 5000 words about how much I hate Florida

Ted Sox: Concession speech

Bulldogs: Try not to get relegated you assholes!

Saints: Shell-shocked!

Fantastic Art I have produced for the Super-League

Marauder's Proposed Obit (Super-League VIII)

So, when the Bangers finally got killed by the Macho Men in the climax of Super-League VIII, the only reasonable obit I could up with for him was my a satire of Boccaccio's Decameron. What? That makes perfect!

Anyone, for the one or two of you not intimately familiar with this work, the Decameron is similar to Chaucer's The Canterbury Tales, in that it's a story about people telling stories. In this case, ten young Italian noblemen and noblewomen, seeking to escape the Black Death, take refuge in a country villa. To pass the time, they decide that, for each day they spend their, each of them will tell a story, with one of them acting as the "King" or "Queen" of the day, and thus picking the theme for that day's stories. In the end, 100 tales are told.

And as Marauder is essentially the owner of owners, I figured it was only fair I gave him 100 different stories for his obit. Here was day one:

Proposed Marauder Obit posted:

Bellhorn (I, 1)

Bellhorn tells a story about a brave-hearted team, looking to overcome a long curse, that was able to defeat an evil empire through the use of their unique skills, including their magical second baseman who could draw many walks, and hit for mid-range power, and that proved for all the world to see that statistics can win championships.

Dunn (I, 2)

Dunn tells a story about Brad Pitt, the GM of the Oakland A’s, who is able to build a winning team with the help of Jonah Hill and that guy from Parks and Recreation although, oddly enough, they start with the 2002 season, which doesn’t make a lot of sense, because by that point, you could make the argument that the best days of Moneyball had already passed.

Yoshida (I, 3)

Yoshida tells a story about a girl who was found to have a magical fastball thanks to a freak arm injury that lets her pitch the Cubs into convention until another freak arm injury destroys her ability to pitch said fastball, forcing her to save the day with nothing but her knuckleball. Daniel Stern co-stars!

McDowell (I, 4)

McDowell tells a story about the this guy who is a rock and roll star by night, and superhero by later night, with the ability to defeat any opponent with the majesty of rock. Also, the spirit of his mentor lives on in his guitar pick.

Grace (I, 5)

Grace tells a story about a man who just wanted to get a gyros, but these unbelievable assholes kept putting roadblocks in his path, like making him takes hostages, or raise a coyotecoon, despite the fact that no one is quite sure what a coyotecoon is.

Steve, Prince of Fate (I, 6)

Steve tells a story about a cobbler living in 18th century France who is tasked, by a mad Duke, with creating shoes of such incredible lightness that they would allow their wearer to dance among the clouds. Because he has a humble and pure heart, the cobbler succeeds, but soon realizes that such shoes were never meant for man to use, and is forced to burn them, no matter the personal cost to himself.

Hopp (I, 7)

Hopp tells a story about a brave young rabbit who attempts to stand up to a fox that had been attacking other rabbits. The rabbits is quickly defeated and eaten by the fox, but the rabbit, having been infected with worms, still gets his revenge on the end.

Daulton (I, 8)

Daulton tells a story about a butterfly that dreamed it was a man. And not just any man, but the scientist who first discovered a mind-switch machine that allowed him to transfer his mind into the body of a butterfly. The butterfly then wonders whether it was dream that was a man, or that was the truth.

Riggs Stephenson (I, 9)

Riggs tells a story about the king of Australia, who is apparently the man who will come to control Australia after World War IV. The king, one day, finds that he has a strange growth on his back. As being a mutant is punishable by death, the king is concerned, for his hordes of marauders would turn on him in a second. Then he learns the true meaning of tolerance.

Thornton Lee (I, 10)

Lee tells a story about Kazuki Takemura, a young wanzer pilot who is caught up in international intrigue when he discovers evidence that the JDF has tested a new type of bomb that might destabilize the existing balance of power. With his crew of friends, he travels around the world, learning that the conspiracy also involves genetically modified humans, multiple double agents, and the treachery of future Belarus.

It was a work in progress. Anyway, I only got up to 65 or 70 stories, which was just a crushing disappointment. I can never apologize enough to the thread for that.

Super-League tiebreakers (Super-League V)

A partial set of tiebreakers for Super-League V. Never did quite finish it.

I know the bold symbols cut out after a while, but I'm not going to change it, because I want to keep it as authentic as possible. Or because I'm lazy. One of the two.

Tiebreakers

Obviously, there's a pretty good chance that there will be some sort of tie in the Gauntlet standings. In the interests of transparency, here are all of the possible tiebreakers, decided entirely on who I think would win in a fight between the mascots of each team.

Angel Grove - Burma

Aren't the Power Rangers just about always fighting somebody belonging to some sort of Emperor. I mean, writ large, isn't the Power Rangers' mytharc really about a group of native youths continually resisting aggressive imperialists attempting to take control of their land? Clearly, the Rangers win.

Angel Grove - Chicago

A Dinger-Machine can only reflect the triumph of another, whereas the Power Rangers are capable of gaining glory for themselves. Ranges win.

Angel Grove - Cleveland

The Rangers would be confused about whether or it it's okay to fight a noble unicorn in battle. But Unicorns don't give a gently caress and would gore them all with its horn. Unicorns win.

Angel Grove - Cologne

In the show, the Rangers always did okay right up until the actual emperor showed up and wrecked their poo poo, forcing the Rangers to get new powers that would allow them to bring out a new toy line. Emperors win.

Angel Grove - Dorchester

I think the Power Rangers killed about fifty monsters with "Phantom" in their name. Rangers win.

Angel Grove - Falmouth

I just feel like the Clippers ability to quickly transport cargo around the world trumps anything the Rangers could ever do. Clippers win.

Angel Grove - Florida

Angel Grove is probably near Anaheim, and Disneyworld has always been better than Disneyland. Oranges win.

Angel Grove - Fukuoka

Now I'm not sure what a Finger-Banger is in this context. But, the Finger-Bangers are based in Japan, and so control the source footage for the Power Rangers, and he who controls the source footage, controls the Power Rangers. Bangers win.

Angel Grove - Gander

I think the Power Rangers also killed tons of Doppelgangers too. Bummer. Rangers win.

Angel Grove - Greenbrier

I'm pretty sure the flowers win. I don't how, but they find a way. Orchids win.

Angel Grove - Idaho

One team has access to a giant robot. The other is a nutritious tuber. I can't say for sure that potatoes wouldn't be able to defeat a giant robot, but, wait, yes, I can say that, I can say that very easily! Rangers win.

Angel Grove - Leprechauns

I just think that the Leprechaun would be canny enough to trick the Rangers into fighting him in Ireland, and spandex just seems like a really power fit for such a wet climate. Leprechauns win.

Angel Grove - London

I just think that The Clash just have more staying power than the Power Rangers as a cultural phenomenon. Calling win.

Angel Grove - Los Angeles

Pretty much every monster that the Power Rangers faced had the same sort of loving up proportions as the Bobbleheads, and they almost always won. Rangers win.

Angel Grove - Newport

The Rangers have to have beaten a Shark at some point. I don't remember when, but they had to have. Rangers win.

Angel Grove - Omaha

The Rangers are still remembered twenty years after they debuted. Rangers win.

Angel Grove - Paris

Power Rangers was a very formulaic show, with well-defined morality and dramatic structures. The fact that this was acceptable in 1993 means that the project of the post-modernists to challenge such stagnation was a profound failure. Rangers win.

Angel Grove - Providence

The Rangers never used their robot for murder, and so lack the edge they need to beat the Murderbots. Murderbots win.

Angel Grove - Rockford

The Losers would start off the fight by feeling really bad about themselves. The Rangers would them teach them a lesson about how everyone is good at something, and that the Losers shouldn't be so hard on themselves. Losers win.

Angel Grove - Seattle

Shawn Kemp isn't going to let some punks from Angel Grove stop him from dropping 20-10, motherfuckers. Sonics win.

Angel Grove - Silicon Valley

I'm assuming that Capskye will use the Berzuki here. Now, the Rangers' own Megazord does have a melee weapon of its own, but it's computer isn't as good as the Berzuki's. Plus, it's legs don't give it enough evasion. Wanzers win,

Angel Grove - South Bolton

The Eazy W's are gentlemanly rappers from the mean streets of Bolton. It's hard enough just to get my head around that, let alone say that the Rangers can beat that. W's win.

Angel Grove - Stevie Mitch

I just don't see Stevie Mitch fighting off the entire team. Rangers win.

Burma - Chicago

A garish monument to excess? That sounds right up the Imperialists alley! Imperialists win.

Burma - Cleveland

gently caress, if Unicorns did really exists, you can rest assured that redcoats with pith helmets would have wiped them from the earth given half a chance. Imperialists win.

Burma - Cologne

We all know how this one ends, don't we? Imperialists win.

Burma - Dorchester

A common motif is the arrogant Westerners with all of their science and progress running headlong into some sort of supernatural force and getting the crap kicked out of them. Who am I to question that? Phantoms win.

Burma - Falmouth

The Imperlialists have steamships. Imperialists win.

Burma - Florida

The Orange is not native to the New World, it was only brought there by Imperialists. Makes you think, doesn't it? Imperialists win.

Burma - Fukuoka

In 1905, the world was shocked as the mighty Russian Empire were beaten by the Japanese, who had adopted Western ways to protect themselves. The Finger-Bangers have moved to Japan in order to set up some crude wordplay, but the principle is the same. Bangers win.

Burma - Gander

Canada didn't have the balls to revolt against the Imperialists in real life, and I'm not sure how any team based in Canada would be any different. Bangers win.

Burma - Greenbrier

Flowers seem peaceful and happy. No one was better and ruining peace and happiness than Imperialists. Imperialists win.

Burma - Idaho

The Potato Blight helped encourage the movement of the Irish to such Imperial domains as Australia and Canada. I'm assuming that the Potatoes can willfully give themselves the blight. Potatoes win.

Burma - Leprechauns

The Irish never did seem to do quite well against Imperialists, and Leprechauns are as Irish as you can get. Imperialists win.

Burma - London

In 1979, London Calling was released. Also, Margaret Thatcher became Prime Minister. The album never even reached #1. Imperialists win.

Burma - Los Angeles

Poor Bobblehead never saw it coming. Imperialists win.

Burma - Newport

Unless the Sharks have jetpacks, the Imperialists are probably pretty safe from shark attack. For the purposes of this exercise, the Sharks do not have jetpacks. Imperialists win.

Burma - Omaha

The British Empire is pretty much dead, and recent attempts by British governments to use it to justify actions, such as in the Falklands and Iraq, have generally been wastes of human life. Maybe it's time to forget these dreams of Empire. Forgettables win.

Burma - Paris

I think history has largely been kinder to postmodernists than Imperialists. Postmodernists win.

Burma - Providence

I'm going to level with you guys: I never read The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, and I feel like Alan Moore probably covered this exact scenario at some point. I did see the movie version, however, and that really sucked. Murderbots win.

Burma - Rockford

The Imperialists don't coddle losers, they conquer them. Imperialists win.

Burma - Seattle

In the '96 Finals, the Sonics got beaten by a team with the Australian Luc Longley starting at center. If that doesn't prove that imperialism works, I don't know what would. Imperialists win.

Burma - Silicon Valley

The Front Mission games are all about neo-imperialism, and the neo-imperialists usually win, because the Front Mission series loves to gently caress you over with sad endings. Imperialists win.

Burma - South Bolton

Could the W's have come into existence with imperialism? I have no loving idea. Let's say not. Imperialists win.

Burma - Stevie Mitch

Oh, come on, Stevie Mitch would be the first dude to surrender to the British given the chance. Imperiaists win.

Chicago - Cleveland

You think the Unicorns care about poo poo like Dinger-Machines? Unicorns win.

Chicago - Cologne

The Germans are too restrained a people to be taken in by such a garish machine, I am afraid. After all, the traditional German celebration consists of no more than fifteen seconds of moderately excited clapping and a smile that does not exceed 65% happiness. Emperors win.

Chicago - Dorchester

The ghost in the machine, eh? I have no idea what that means in this context. Phantoms win.

Chicago - Falmouth

A Dinger-Machine would be too heavy for a clipper to transport, and would surely sink the ship! Dingers win.

Chicago - Florida

A match made in hell. Plus, so long as Bartman still treads upon this Earth, I know how this ends. Oranges win.

Chicago - Fukuoka

A Dinger-Machine would probably fit in well in Japan. Then again, they are rather traditional when it comes to baseball. It's a thinker, I'll give you that. Dingers win.

Chicago - Gander

Hell, out in Newfoundland, with all of the fog and gloom, you would have to figure that the Dinger-Machine would be a net benefit. At the very least, it would stop ships from crashing into the Gander team's stadium, which is a very real concern even though Gander is miles away from the coast. Dingers win.

Chicago - Greenbrier

I'm betting a whole ton of flowers died clearing land for the real Dinger-Machine. Dingers win.

Chicago - Idaho

Idaho could never stand a Dinger-Machine, it would be too great of a shock to their system. Hell, they only got electricity a couple of years ago. Dingers win.

Chicago - Leprechauns

It just seems like the Leprechauns would somehow cause the Dinger-Machine to break down, and then we'd get some sort of crappy moral about the values of traditionalism or something. Leprechauns win.

Chicago - London

The Dinger-Machines are kind of like a throwback to the '80s, when you could build poo poo like that and everyone would be really impressed. The Clash tried to fight the '80s. It did not go well for them. Dingers win.

Chicago - Los Angeles

The Bobbleheads have seniority. Bobbleheads win.

Chicago - Newport

The Dinger-Machine would totally electrocute the sharks if it got put in water. Dingers win.

Chicago - Omaha

We'll forget the Dinger-Machine sooner rather than later, I think. Hell, it'll be like all of the fancy poo poo they put in all new stadiums that we forget about after only a few years. Forgettables win.

Chicago - Paris

The postmodernists often contemplated a world ruled by irrationality, and the Dinger-Machine is pretty loving irrational. Postmodernists win.

Chicago - Providence

I'm pretty sure that the Dinger-Machine is the god of the Murderbots. Dingers win.

Chicago - Rockford

Everything the Marlins do makes me feel like a loser. Never forget 2003. Dingers win.

Chicago - Seattle

If the Sonics had gotten a new stadium with poo poo like the Dinger-Machine, they would probably still exist. But they don't. Dingers (and David Stern) win.

Chicago - Silicon Valley

The Berzuki would crush the Dinger-Machine like a bug. A bug! Wanzers win.

Chicago - South Bolton

Britons love understatement, and therefore hate poo poo like the Dinger-Machine. Then again, as a trip to your local cinema has proven, what they like no longer matters. Dingers win.

Chicago - Stevie Mitch

2003 World Series. Dingers win.

Cleveland - Cologne

I'm pretty sure that there's some sort of German opera about a dude killing a Unicorn, and he probably is fated to die once he kills the Unicorn, but then he finds this beautiful woman who is, in some way, supernatural. Theirs is a love that cannot exist for long, as they are torn apart by the divide between the real and the fantastic. And so the hero goes down to die, as his lover can do nothing but watch him perish, as all mortal men do in the end. I'm not sure where the Unicorn fits in. Still, Unicorns win.

Cleveland - Dorchester

Unicorns kill phantoms. It's a fact. Unicorns win.

Cleveland - Falmouth

Sailing ships such as these made relatively fast travel of the world much easier, and thus, in a way, shrunk it, and finally made virtually all areas of the planet accessible to modern man. And, once man found himself able to traverse every inch of this globe, there was no more room for myths of any kind. Clippers win.

Cleveland - Florida

I assume equines can eat citrus fruit. Unicorns win.

Cleveland - Fukuoka

We already knows what happens when a unicorn meets the Finger-Bangers. It is not pleasant. Bangers win.

Cleveland - Gander

I just don't see the Unicorns having much use at Gander. I mean, Gander is an island mainly covered in forests. That's not exactly ideal horse country. Bangers win.

Cleveland - Greenbrier

At the very least, I'm pretty loving sure that unicorns can eat flowers. Unicorns win.

Cleveland - Idaho

Now, you're thinking that Unicorns can't get at potatoes, as they're buried beneath the earth, right? But, then again, what do you think the horn is for, hermano? Unicorns win.

Cleveland - Leprechauns

A tough one. I feel like Leprechauns are probably luckier, but that if you showed up at a bar with a loving unicorn, that would be way more impressive. Unicorns win.

Cleveland - London

I see this as a battle between the gritty, political lyrics of punk rock versus the fantastical elements of prog rock. Let's be honest, Zeppelin rules and all that, but I think that punk has probably been more influential over the past few decades. Calling win.

Cleveland - Los Angeles

Could you make a bobblehead of a unicorn? I don't know. Bobbleheads win,

Cleveland - Newport

Unicorn. I mean, you can get a guy with a missile launcher to ride a unicorn, but it's too hard to aim while riding a shark. I feel strongly about this. Unicorns win.

Cleveland - Omaha

How can you forget something that never even existed? Unicorns win.

Cleveland - Paris

I feel like a unicorn in a postmodernists work would be allegorical of something, and that I'd be really bored in a creative writing course have to read it. And then I'd realize that, in this hypothetical scenario, I'm in a creative writing course. That would make me sad. Postmodernists win.

Cleveland - Providence

The Murderbots are the product of industry, and industry has driven the whimsy from our weary world. drat you, industry! Murderbots win.

Cleveland - Rockford

You would think that Loser would be be really depressed and retreat to his imagination, and he and the imagined unicorn would have crazy adventures. I don't see it getting picked up for a second-season, though. Losers win.

Cleveland - Seattle

Tom Chambers saw a Unicorn once. Wasn't impressed. Sonics win.

Cleveland - Silicon Valley

A unicorn can do many things, but resisting the fire of a giant flamethrower isn't one of them. Wanzers win.

Cleveland - South Bolton

Which is more fanciful, a unicorn, or a gentlemanly British rapper? Then again, given how many white kids from the suburbs pretend to be rappers, you figure there would be at least a few in Britain too. Unicorns win.

Cleveland - Stevie Mitch

I don't know, but I know what I feel the outcome should be. Unicorns win.

Cologne - Dorchester

I feel like Germans, as a people, are weak to ghost-types. I mean, didn't a ghost once become mayor of Munich for like 10 years in the '80s? Phantoms win.

Cologne - Falmouth

In the age of clippers, Germany was not yet united, and those states of what would be Germany weren't the seafaring sort. Clippers win.

Cologne - Florida

Germany has gotten on fine without being able to grow oranges for thousands of years. Emperors win.

Cologne - Fukuoka

Huh. Well, ah...I have no idea. Bangers win.

Cologne - Gander

Dude, Doppelganger is a German word! Who do you think wins? Emperors win.

Cologne - Greenbrier

I checked, orchids do grow in Germany. Emperors win.

Cologne - Idaho

Potatoes are a key part of German cuisine. I mean, German people eat them, and it's hard to say that the thing being eaten is really the winner. Emperors win.

Cologne - Leprechauns

See, Leprechauns are creatures of mirth and jollity. I am sure that there are some Germans who are also mirthful and jolly. But I'm not that sure. Emperors win.

Cologne - London

There's probably a punk rock that comes from Cologne. I think. Calling win.

Cologne - Los Angeles

I feel like if you made a set of bobbleheads based on famous emperors, that they would be bought exclusively for high school history teachers as gifts, who would them put them on display on their desk in their classroom. All of their students would find this completely lame, though. Bobbleheads win.

Cologne - Newport

Sharks love the taste of emperors. Can't get enough of them, in fact, to the point where they still fund monarchists associations in an attempt to rebuild their food supply. Sharks win.

Cologne - Omaha

Man, Shelley wrote "Ozymandias" on this exact point, and I'll defer to him. Even the greatest glory fades over time. Forgettables win.

Cologne - Paris

The emperor has the strong connotation of malevolent and autocratic control. Postmodernists, though, tend to emphasize that our suffering usually comes from depersonalization and uncertainty rather than a guy in spiffy robes. I tend to agree. Postmodernists win.

Cologne - Providence

This reminds me of Sucker Punch, where a bunch of actresses in skimpy clothes fight steampunk zombies commanded by the Kaiser. Typing that out, I can't help but feel as if the divide between ironic and non-ironic enjoyment has become uncomfortably narrow. For what it's worth, I though the movie was poo poo, because it was just spectacle after spectacle with only the barest thread of plot connecting them. Emperors win.

Cologne - Rockford

Losers going to lose, Emperors going to empire. Emperors win.

Cologne - Seattle

Detlef Schrempf never did get the Sonics over the hump. Emperors win.

Cologne - Silicon Valley

Well, 'Wanzer' is based on half-assed German, so I guess without Germany, we wouldn't have the word, and without the word, would we have the same Wanzers team? That goes to the power of language. If you had the same Wanzers team, with the same players, but with a different name, like the "Robo-tanks", would they really be the same team? That's a philosophical question I'm not prepared to answer. Wanzers win.

Cologne - South Bolton

Britain has a good record against German Emperors in general. W's win.

Cologne - Stevie Mitch

See, here's the thing, I know that Stevie Mitch is an Anglophile, but I'm not sure if he has that continental sensibility. Not that it really matters. Emperors win.

Dorchester - Falmouth

Marie Celeste, anyone? Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Florida

I feel like Phantoms don't really like citrus in general. Oranges win.

Dorchester - Fukuoka

The Bangers aren't about to get knocked off by some ghost, that's for sure. Bangers win.

Dorchester - Gander

Newfoundland would be a great place to haunt. It's gloomy, it rains a lot, the natives have crazy accents with which to warn tourists about said ghosts. Perfect fit, really. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Greenbrier

You use flowers at funerals, and that's where ghosts come from, so clearly the flowers aren't doing their job. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Idaho

If there is one thing I am sure of, it's that a potato can beat a phantom every, single time. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Leprechauns

There have been many, many more movies with ghosts than Leprechauns. I don't know if that's the best way to figure which one would win in a fight, but it works for me. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - London

In the title track of London Calling, one lyric proclaims that "Phony Beatlemania has bitten the dust." However, history has proven the influence of the Beatles to be more lasting. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Los Angeles

No phantoms has ever successfully possessed a bobblehead. Think about that. Bobbleheads win.

Dorchester - Newport

See, sharks are a one-trick pony. They can bite the poo poo out of things. Don't get me wrong, they can bite better than just about anyone, but, well, you can bite a phantom...unless it was a ghost shark. But, a ghost shark is really more phantom than shark anyway. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Omaha

The phantom is a spirit trapped by world that he cannot let go of. But the world has already let go of him, and begun to forget him. The spirit tries to resist this, tries to make the world remember him, but it is a fight that it cannot win. The world will move on, and the phantom will not even be a memory. Forgettables win.

Dorchester - Paris

The postmodernists aren't really big on supernatural forces, except as metaphor. They believe we live in a world of people, not spirits, or god, or anything else outside of our control. Postmodernists win.

Dorchester - Providence

Robots have a very poor track record against ghosts. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Rockford

It's because of losers that the Scifi network is now 90% shows about ghost hunting and that sort of bullshit. And that's a shame, because it killed off an entire subgenre "Mid-range scifi filmed largely in Vancouver or wherever it's cheap". I miss Farscape, dude. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Seattle

The spirit of the Sonics haunts Seattle to this day. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - Silicon Valley

In the first Front Mission, you play a dude who spends most of the game dicking around this island because of his dead girlfriend. And then he learns that she's somehow been turned into some sort of computer, so she's an electronic ghost or something. And then you realize that the plot isn't very good at all. Phantoms win.

Dorchester - South Bolton

The British have a long history of being haunted by ghosts. Well, not really, but it makes them a lot of money from tourists to pretend that they are. Just like the royal family. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the British tourist industry is exploiting all of us. W's win.

Dorchester - Stevie Mitch

Yeah. Phantoms win.

Falmouth - Florida

Without the orange, sailors would certainly die of scurvy. Well, any citrus fruit would do, I suppose. Still...Oranges win.

Falmouth - Fukuoka

How else do you think Marauder got to Japan in the first place. Clippers win.

Falmouth - Gander

Gander is actually inland. Bangers win.

Falmouth - Greenbrier

Orchids can grow almost anywhere...but only on land. Clippers win.

Falmouth - Idaho

The battle between potatoes and clippers has been going since time immemorial. But, after the battle of Kannock-Ro in 1913, when the Potato King Tuberius IX broke the back of the Clipper resistance by unleashing wave after wave of suicide taters, I lean towards the potatoes. Potatoes win.

Falmouth - Leprechauns

I just don't see Leprechauns as nautical creatures. Clippers win.

Falmouth - London

Clearly, the post-imperial economic conditions that led to the discontent that fueled the politically-charged lyrics of London Calling could not have come about without the prior use of clippers. Clippers win.

Falmouth - Los Angeles

A clipper has never been used to transport bobbleheads. Think about it Bobbleheads win.

Falmouth - Newport

Very few clippers were boarded by sharks. Unfortunately, by the time that shark scientists had discovered the breathing apparatus and ladders necessary to successfully conquer a clipper ship, humans and sharks had already agreed to the accord of 1893 that made such boarding actions illegal under international law. Clippers win.

Falmouth - Omaha

We'll never forget the majesty of clipper ships. Never. Clippers win.

Falmouth - Paris

Postmodernists generally used air travel. Postmodernists win.

Falmouth - Providence

Murderbots fighting clippers would require some sort of steampunk-based scenario, and I am not going down that road. Clippers win.

Falmouth - Rockford

Even the most downtrodden loser could find adventure on the seas! Losers win.

Falmouth - Seattle

Man, the Sonics kicked the Clippers' rear end consistently and regularly. I mean, back in the day, those were just gimme games. Sonics win.

Falmouth - Silicon Valley

I blew up many a boat with wanzers while playing Front Mission 3. Many a boat. Wanzers win.

Falmouth - South Bolton

Was Bolton a port city? I don't really know the geography of England. Either way, I feel like Bolton probably was better off with more clippers rather than less clippers. In fact, you can probably link all of the problems of Bolton with a lack of clippers docked in port. Clippers win.

Falmouth - Stevie Mitch

Clearly, the clippers would win this fight. Clippers win.

Florida - Fukuoka

There are no oranges in Japan. You can look it up. (Note: Please don't look it up). Bangers win.

Florida - Gander

Well, there definitely aren't any oranges in Gander. I mean, you can't grow anything on Newfoundland except despair. Bangers win.

[b]Florida - Greenbrier[/b]

Orchids are just the hardier crop. [b]Orchids win[/b].

[b]Florida - Idaho[/b]

The orange against the potato...now that is a contest. While the orange is more flavorful, I cannot help but note that it is best used more as a flavoring than as the main focus of a dish. The potato, on the other hand, is the canvas upon which a talented chef can paint a culinary masterpiece. Oh, the orange may be more flashy, but it would be nothing without the contributions of foods such as the potato. [b]Potatoes win[/b].

[b]Florida - Leprechauns[/b]

Orange and Ireland don't have a great history, right? [b]Leprechauns win[/b].

[b]Florida - London[/b]

I think you've got to see the orange as an example of the class struggle. After all, to people living in the depressed industrial areas of the developed world, the orange is still semi-exotic, grown in a faraway land. I don't know where I'm going with this. [b]Calling win[/b].

[b]Florida - Los Angeles[/b]

Bartman. loving Bartman. [b]Oranges win[/b].

[b]Florida - Newport[/b]

I don't know that sharks do eat oranges, but they probably could. [b]Sharks win[/b].

[b]Florida - Omaha[/b]

The orange has been around for millennia, and has spread throughout the world. If it were up to me, I would have the world forget them, cast Florida back to obscurity, and to hell with the consequences! But I admit that mine is not the majority view. [b]Oranges win[/b].

[b]Florida - Paris[/b]

I'm not sure if the South of France is warm enough to grow oranges in. Then again, I imagine that a man trying to grow oranges would face the uncaring bureaucracy and inhumanity of man that would make his dreams of growing French oranges fall to pieces before his eyes. And then, as he watched his beloved orange trees turn to ashes, he would weep. [b]Postmodernists win[/b].

[b]Florida - Providence[/b]

Murderbots are actually used by many orange farms to harvest the crops. [b]Oranges win[/b].

[b]Florida - Rockford[/b]

Even losers enjoy oranges from time to time. [b]Losers win[/b].

[b]Florida - Seattle[/b]

Did you know that Gary Payton used to practice his three-point shooting with the help of oranges? Well, he didn't really, but it sounds like the sort of thing that could be true. [b]Sonics win[/b].

[b]Florida - Silicon Valley[/b]

Giant robots tend to win struggles against fruit. [b]Wanzers win[/b].

[b]Florida - South Bolton[/b]

They don't even have a word for an orange in British English! [b]Oranges win[/b].

[b]Florida - Stevie Mitch[/b]

I'm pretty sure that Stevie Mitch is allergic to citrus. [b]Oranges win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Gander[/b]

Can the student ever hope to defeat the master? Every movie ever says yes. [b]D. Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Greenbrier[/b]

They say that Marauder is an unstoppable force, but few know that he has one weakness that, if exploited, may yet destroy him.

That weakness is not orchids. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Idaho[/b]

The Finger-Bangers know that the true path to victory involves cutting down on carbs. [b]Potatoes win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Leprechauns[/b]

The Bangers once killed a unicorn, they can drat sure ice a loving leprechaun. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - London[/b]

The Clash touched upon a lot of important social and political issues in London Calling. But you know what, the big record company still ended up with most of the profits from the album. The Clash's activism had merely enriched the titans of industry further, and that is exactly the sort of evil that the Bangers get can get behind. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Los Angeles[/b]

The Bobs have survived the Bangers this long, they can survive them some more, I reckon. [b]Bobbleheads win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Newport[/b]

A shark should be able to kill a man with a mustache, no matter how resplendent the facial hair. But the Bangers, they're in the Sharks' head at this point. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Omaha[/b]

I will never forget the Bangers, they've done too much for me. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Paris[/b]

Postmodernists tend to avoid the sort of overt villainy in their works. Then again, the greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Providence[/b]

I think the Bangers win here, if only because I can't see any circumstance where the murderbots don't end up working for them. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Rockford[/b]

The Bangers are a team that crush men of all stripes, but losers? I feel as though, when the Bangers are finally killed, it will be by a loser, by some unknown figure who bursts into prominence by his assassination of the Bangers. [b]Losers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Seattle[/b]

The Sonics were slain by man with a scheme and a willingness to harm a great number of people for the pettiest of reasons. These Sonics may yet be no luckier. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Silicon Valley[/b]

If Front Mission has taught me everything, it's that giant robots tend to be good at killing technocrats by the score. [b]Wanzers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - South Bolton[/b]

Bolton has a poor track record of defending its teams from other teams bankrolled by shadowy men with unlimited resources. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Fukuoka - Stevie Mitch[/b]

Marauder is the very model of a Super-League owner. Stevie Mitch isn't. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Gander - Greenbrier[/b]

In the gray wastes of Newfoundland, an single orchid would stand out like a beacon, bringing joy to all who saw it. [b]Orchids win[/b].

[b]Gander - Idaho[/b]

Doppelgangers beat potatoes, we all know that now. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Gander - Leprechauns[/b]

Leprechauns are notorious for getting the better of doppelgangers, and personal experience has done nothing to change my mind. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Gander - London[/b]

It's in the nature of the music industry to try and create doppelgangers of popular bands to increase their profits. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Gander - Los Angeles[/b]

You can't clone a bobblehead. [b]Bobbleheads win[/b].

[b]Gander - Newport[/b]

Sharks can smell the difference between normal men and doppelgangers. In the last doppel war, sharks were commonly used exactly for that purpose. Of course, doppel scientists eventually found a way to defeat the shark's nose, but that's another story. [b]Sharks win[/b].

[b]Gander - Omaha[/b]

The goal of the doppelganger, of course, is to take the place of the original and thus make the world forget that the original ever existed in the first place. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Gander - Paris[/b]

Doppelgangers certainly seem like a postmodernist sort of theme, don't they? [b]Postmodernists win[/b].

[b]Gander - Providence[/b]

Aren't murderbots really just a form of mechanized doppelgangers? [b]Murderbots win[/b].

[b]Gander - Rockford[/b]

Why would you make a doppelganger of a loser? Seems like you wouldn't get a lot out of it, to be honest. [b]Losers win[/b].

[b]Gander - Seattle[/b]

It's sad to say, but Shawn Kemp never was able to defeat the villainous Pmek Nwahs in a one-on-one game. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Gander - Silicon Valley[/b]

Dude, I killed too many Imaginary Numbers in Front Mission 3 to think that the doppels stand a chance here. [b]Wanzers win[/b].

[b]Gander - South Bolton[/b]

Well, they did already beat them once. [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Gander - Stevie Mitch[/b]

Could Stevie Mitch beat Stevie Mitch? [b]Bangers win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Idaho[/b]

I think potatoes are hardier. [b]Potatoes win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Leprechauns[/b]

Flowars in Ireland, that's crazy! [b]Leprechauns win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - London[/b]

Flowers are definitely not punk. [b]Calling win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Los Angeles[/b]

Orchids are probably a more stylish decoration for the home. Orchids win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Newport[/b]

Orchids can't even grow in the water! Come on! [b]Sharks win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Omaha[/b]

I would totally forget the Orchids. [b]Forgettables win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Paris[/b]

A flower in postmodernism would just end up getting crushed or blown up or something. I mean, a flower is kind of too overt a symbol of happiness or whatever to survive in that kind of story. [b]Postmodernists win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Providence[/b]

Murderbots, in real life, are very poor gardeners. [b]Murderbots win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Rockford[/b]

Only losers like flowers. [b]Orchids win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Seattle[/b]

Orchids just don't have the sort of post play that you need to be successful in the NBA. [b]Sonics win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Silicon Valley[/b]

Well, the Front Mission games are philosophically pacifist, so I guess the flower wins. [b]Orchids win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - South Bolton[/b]

British gentlemen are honor-bound to surrender to flowers of all types. [b]Orchids win[/b].

[b]Greenbrier - Stevie Mitch[/b]

I don't even know how. [b]Orchids win[/b].

[b]Idaho - Leprechauns[/b]

We saw what potatoes can do to Ireland when they get angry, it was called the Great Potato Famine of 1848, and it did not end well for the Irish. [b]Potatoes win[/b].

[b]Idaho - London[/b]

Basically, the punk genre of music is composed of a bunch of poor people and the tiny number of successes who have sold out. Potatoes are a cheap source of calories, which allows the poor people to continue surviving and making punk music all in the hopes of one day getting a record contract and completely selling out any and all creative visions they might have. [b]Potatoes win[/b].

[b]Idaho - Los Angeles[/b]

You can't make a bobblehead out of a potato! Get real, man! [b]Bobbleheads win[/b].

[b]Idaho - Newport[/b]

Sharks typically don't need side dishes. That doesn't mean that they're entirely opposed to it, mind you. [b]Sharks win[/b].

[b]Idaho - Omaha[/b]

The potato is eternal. Eternal! [b]Potatoes win[/b].

[b]Idaho - Paris[/b]

The potato is a bland vegetable that is just a cog in the greater machine of a recipe. So too are men just cogs in the machinery of modern society. [b]Postmodernists win[/b].

[b]Idaho - Providence[/b]

A murderbot could kill a potato, but could it kill all potatoes? I suppose, where it properly motivated, it very easily could. [b]Murderbots win[/b].

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.
I'm both amazed and afraid for my safety. :ohdear:

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Hey dumbasses, 2000 Bonds/prime Hornsby/ 61 Mantle available for drafting, just offer me something for this pick

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

CraigK posted:

Hey dumbasses, 2000 Bonds/prime Hornsby/ 61 Mantle available for drafting, just offer me something for this pick

I will sing you one song, a Gerbil Wheel, and a pile of half eaten sunflower seeds!

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx

Pash posted:

I will sing you one song, a Gerbil Wheel, and a pile of half eaten sunflower seeds!

This is the current leading offer, I'll take it in 12 hours if nothing better approaches

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Thanks for the compliment Smasher. It's so nice having this league here as a dependable source of fun.

Maybe my next team will be the first to survive a year.

theacox
Jun 8, 2010

You can't be serious.

CraigK posted:

Interested in a 74 Steve Garvey to play 3B? And maybe a 64 Whitey Ford? How about a 53 Warren Spahn? Just spitballing.

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

Also that was a fantastic obit. I give it two paws... I mean thumbs up...

Also:
Pick 'em Gauntlet Final Round: There Can Be Only One!
South Dakota Marmosets

I feel it, they got this, they hit a bunch of dingers, and hopefully their one pitcher does the job for the entire team. Also I am going to South Dakota tomorrow. Coincidence?

Pash fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Aug 10, 2013

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Pungry posted:

Thanks for the compliment Smasher. It's so nice having this league here as a dependable source of fun.

Maybe my next team will be the first to survive a year.
No way Pungry.

The cool kids are the ones who don't bother with things like playoffs or winning the gauntlet. Stay cool.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Montreal Manatees
OKC Bombers
South Dakota Marmosets

Zodiac5000
Jun 19, 2006

Protects the Pack!

Doctor Rope

Oh man, the rotation/lineup needs to go to the end of season form or I will be destroyed this round.

Please move Tanana to LRP and Red Ames to the minors.
Please change my starting catcher to Mike Napoli
Please have him bat sixth, with Alomar batting ninth.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

CraigK posted:

This is the current leading offer, I'll take it in 12 hours if nothing better approaches

I have Bill Meuller up for 3B needs. He's not great, but he's average enough.

You can also have your pick of one of my two lovely catchers, and like. Steve Gromek? Any of my spare SP5s. They're fairly interchangable.

I might be willing to give you Manny Ramirez but fair warning I will take either Bonds or Mantle if that happens because I need some sort of dinger machine to replace him.

Edit: You can also check my feeders but I probably sucked them dry. 38 Senators/45 Indians/65 Cubs/2003 Red Sox.

Monathin fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Aug 10, 2013

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
Montreal Manatees
OKC Bombers
South Dakota Marmosets

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Again, the Disasters second overall pick is on the block as well. If you have picks and pitching - instead of the relatively rare 3B/C that CraigK needs - give me an offer.

e: Pander knows what's up. *fist bump*

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 11:48 on Aug 10, 2013

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Montreal Manatees
OKC Bombers
South Dakota Marmosets

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
Gonna make my pick in 14-16 hours if I can't swing a trade.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

CraigK posted:

well, the time limit is 12 hours sooo....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

CraigK posted:

Can offer 1975 Ted Simmons and my first round pick for your first round pick.

mentholmoose posted:

Again, the Disasters second overall pick is on the block as well. If you have picks and pitching - instead of the relatively rare 3B/C that CraigK needs - give me an offer.

Could offer up Ted Lyons or Ancient Clemens and my second round pick (potentially my first round pick depending on how the trade with Crag works)