Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

I.N.R.I posted:

did he win? was it cool?

I don't know if posting a youtube thing is ok but: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbxUfwNzKy8

Keg fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jun 18, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

I watched it twice and it was 29-27 Fabio, or maybe 28-28 draw. Except it was actually R1 TKO.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://vine.co/v/ilwtxWLbb3r

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen
those forearm blocks are actually sick

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Eat Bum Zen posted:

You still taking all those painkillers man?

As a matter of fact yes I am.

Regardless, awesome fight.

Eat Bum Zen
Jul 19, 2013

*mumbles*
Rated T for Teen

Captain Log posted:

As a matter of fact yes I am.

Regardless, awesome fight.

Water they giving you? I like dilaudid personally because I can 'take' em and say aww yeah that's the stuff like a marine in starcraft

I asked because I disagree that fedor is good, but you probably have good reasons for liking him

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
Regardless of where you fall on the Fedor GOAT nonsense you can't deny that he has entertaining fights.

He's showed a lot of heart before but it was insanely impressive he made it out of that first round.

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

The Brothers Emelianenko reminded me of the Bruiser Brothers from super punch out. Flasher crazy younger brother that loses sometimes, stoic insane older brother that hits real hard, seems invulnerable, then beatable once you figure him out.

Edit: I used to say Alexander was my favorite Emelianenko because of his tattoos and style, but then he got pinched for some real rough stuff, so I don't mention that much anymore. Also this stint in prison has made him look like Rasputin.

Team_q fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Jun 19, 2016

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

origami posted:

Regardless of where you fall on the Fedor GOAT nonsense you can't deny that he has entertaining fights.

He's showed a lot of heart before but it was insanely impressive he made it out of that first round.

I'm impressed that he rigged the entire match from jump and still almost lost. Fedor for everytime UFC fights in Moscow.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fedor basically had to flatline for the ref to stop that fight

And the judges would have probably awarded him the win via DQ for it

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Fedor Emelianenko, MMA Black Belt under DADA 5000 sensei

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Fedor Emelianenko, MMA Black Belt under DADA 5000 sensei

possum style kung fu is strong

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

Bundt Cake posted:

People said Wanderlei was the best LHW of all time. It means about the same thing. He was good in PRIDE for a few years.

Wanderlei was pretty good when he fought in fixed fights and juiced to the max

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Not good enough to beat a super Samoan even when he was at maximum juice levels.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Wanderlei was using pre historic steroids where as today's UFC fighter gets to take modern American super steroids.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The best any fighter of all time is some guy who won a few fights in a row and then got old and became always bad. It's a stupid thing to discount someone for, especially if you're doing it because you think the best fighter of all time is someone who lost repeatedly to that guy.

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

RACHET posted:

Wanderlei was pretty good when he fought in fixed fights and juiced to the max

Dont forget the amphetamines

Hardbody Jones
Dec 14, 2002

quote:

The one official to score the fight a draw was also the only female assigned for the tournament: Maria Makhmutova. Unfortunately for Maria, she was later placed on national television and forced to answer questions about her "questionable" scorecard. She was the only official asked to do so.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/6/19/11972786/fedor-vs-maldonado-controversy-reveals-conflict-of-interest-at-efn-50

over/under on her accidental polonium overdose is 30 days

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

Work Friend Keven posted:

The best any fighter of all time is some guy who won a few fights in a row and then got old and became always bad. It's a stupid thing to discount someone for, especially if you're doing it because you think the best fighter of all time is someone who lost repeatedly to that guy.

Dennis Hallman is the best welterweight of all time

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/744590611739709444

hmm

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Russia sucks

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

fatherdog posted:

Dennis Hallman is the best welterweight of all time

This is the b league thread.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

acai moonsault posted:

I watched it twice and it was 29-27 Fabio, or maybe 28-28 draw.

Same.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Arrested for being only person to score a fight correctly

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mr. Nice! posted:

Not good enough to beat a super Samoan even when he was at maximum juice levels.

I just realized Samoans turn blond when they go super-Samoan, just like Saiyans.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Say Nothing posted:

I just realized Samoans turn blond when they go super-Samoan, just like Saiyans.

Congratulations, you've figured out his nickname and dye job.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I didnt realize Wallace Shawn did post-fight analysis.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

Bluedeanie posted:

I didnt realize Wallace Shawn did post-fight analysis.

Unexpectable!

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

the baby from dinosaurs lookin motherfucker

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
That was a hell of a fight. Says a lot about Maldando's body shots and Fedor's ability to keep moving forward.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

That guy was pretty creepy in Baskin.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
Calcio Storico finals in 30 minutes

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3779401

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

So uh, Rampage is fighting Ishii tonight I guess?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
Is that the same card that schilling and Daniels are fighting on?

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing
holy hell that Mitriione fight was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z48lRcFBQk

Balthesar
Sep 4, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

vainman posted:

holy hell that Mitriione fight was good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z48lRcFBQk

Meathead has cool and good fights against middling competition. Bellator is a great fit.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005
lol I think Rampage just lost a round to Satoshi Ishii

Grandmaster.flv
Jun 24, 2011
I'm guessing Rampage didn't know his specialty was judo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

fatherdog posted:

lol I think Rampage just lost a round to Satoshi Ishii

I'm barely watching this but every time I look at the tv Ishii has side control and I laugh.