Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

PCOS Bill posted:

Oh man, MRE shits are going to be so fun on a long bike ride.

MREs made me constipated when I lived on them for about a week. Thanks, highschool ROTC field trip.

It makes sense though since you eat them out in the field and you shouldn't be taking shits while people are trying to kill you.

Mu Zeta has a new favorite as of 02:30 on Sep 10, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

Mu Zeta posted:

MREs made me constipated when I lived on them for about a week. Thanks, highschool ROTC field trip.

It makes sense though since you eat them out in the field and you shouldn't be taking shits while people are trying to kill you.

But you use up all the little toilet papers put together cleaning up after that one massive pile of peanut butter a week you do take!

Sock Weasel
Sep 13, 2010

Nettle Soup posted:

On that note:

This arrived yesterday, I must have gotten a whole cats worth of fur off my cat using it, I'm amazed there was anything left on her. Now to do the dogs!

Furminators are okay for once or twice a week light brushing but don't be fooled by the amount of fur coming out. :shobon: It's just a 40 clipper blade which will absolutely cut the hair if you're using it firmly so a lot of that hair is just cut fur, especially if it's being used on a long coat.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

I have a short haired pointer and a zoom groom pulls a whole over dog off his back. It has little rubber spikes that the hair static clings to. Furminator was not a fan of his and barely got any hair whatsoever.

Nettle Soup
Jan 30, 2010

Oh, and Jones was there too.

Not gonna overuse it, she's not a long haired cat, but she is almost 20 years old and has never really been brushed. Every time I ran my hand down her handfuls of fur would come out and stay suspended in the air around me like I was living in some sort of cat-hair-snowglobe, and she was moulting clumps on her chest that a normal brush wouldn't do anything about. It's sorted most of that at least and she's lovely and soft now.

For content:

On Amazon Subscribe and Save, I guessed we use about 4 teabags a day, in reality yesterday we went through 9, I may have to up the frequency of this...

Dr. Light
Dec 16, 2006
Time for me and my friends to hate each other after game nights.

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

A big people bed

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Ropes4u posted:

A big people bed

as a pillow top owner. I think my next bed is going to be a combination memory foam, whatever the hell.

Over the years you'll literally wear a divot in them and if you end up turning them, it just wears the divot in another location.

But those first three years..... :allears:

Such a good sleep.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

VendaGoat posted:

as a pillow top owner. I think my next bed is going to be a combination memory foam, whatever the hell.

Over the years you'll literally wear a divot in them and if you end up turning them, it just wears the divot in another location.

But those first three years..... :allears:

Such a good sleep.

All memory foam, all the time. All other beds are inferior. Plus, I can take my memory foam bed from Costco to my house in my Civic.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Glottis posted:

All memory foam, all the time. All other beds are inferior. Plus, I can take my memory foam bed from Costco to my house in my Civic.

This. Memory foam beds are a game changer. I'll never go back.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

big mean giraffe posted:

This. Memory foam beds are a game changer. I'll never go back.

Sleep Number for life.

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!

Ropes4u posted:

A big people bed

That is the most incredibly stark bedroom I've ever seen.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

CaptainCrunch posted:

I don't see one Ironman armor in there...

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

CaptainCrunch posted:

Yeah, sorry Ropes, but it looks like you sleep in a sex dungeon.

We got a hybrid bed and the only complaint that I have is that it was hilariously stuck in a half-rolled position for a while after taking it home. We moved, got stuck with a temporary one from a loan closet (carved from stone apparently), and are dearly missing it now.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

When you guys are saying combination memory foam, do you mean a traditional mattress with a memory foam layer or a memory foam/latex foam mattress like from Casper?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

kinmik posted:

Yeah, sorry Ropes, but it looks like you sleep in a sex dungeon.

Why do you think they got a metal bar headboard? :heysexy:

Ropes4u
May 2, 2009

We are still moving in, but I do prefer a stark sex prison. We are still waiting for the bedside tables to be delivered.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Marvin the Martian Jordans Superfly 4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmPJlMajVi4

Astonishing X-men Omnibus

X-men Omnibus Vol. 2 - Jim Lee and Chris Claremont

MGS V

I had a bunch of Amazon credit.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

When you guys are saying combination memory foam, do you mean a traditional mattress with a memory foam layer or a memory foam/latex foam mattress like from Casper?

Half Foam / Half Spring.

I remember melting into one at the store.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

overdesigned posted:

Welp, she said yes, I am getting married.

Woohoo! Welcome to the engaged club!!! Congrats :)

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
We have a latex mattress that is ridiculous. I can barely do anything once I get into bed because I usually crash in 20 minutes or less. It was also hella expensive, but it's been worth it just for the quality of sleep and generally feeling better.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought some books

and all this stuff from monoprice to meet some needs

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You're missing the coolest part of the green book!

https://imgur.com/yUTrAu0

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

edit: wrong thread

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer

Bhodi posted:

Holy poo poo thats cool.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Bhodi posted:

I need to get a shirt like that. :quagmire:

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bhodi posted:

i decided to buy the book based solely on that feature and nothing else

i wasnt even particularly interested in the topic

i got the organized mind book because i heard an interview about it on the radio

i am easily swayed into making rash purchasing decisions

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
:jihad: pew pew!!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

It's sooo tiny, the smallest glock I've used is the 19, I can't imagine trying to hold onto that

Bought this the other day in .308

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

What's it like having the tiny little girly hands to actually hold that thing? Even the 17 is only just big enough to grip comfortably for me.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

My compensation is bigger than your compensation.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
It's not even my smallest gun lol

I bought it to have something inbetween the LCP & p2000sk

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Continuing to feed my board game addiction: I bought this!

"This" being Giro D'Italia, The Game - a reprint of "Leader 1" which is the only competent boardgame about cycling - and its expansion, Hell of the North.

and this!

The Geiger Expansion for Compounded.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

strangemusic posted:

"This" being Giro D'Italia, The Game - a reprint of "Leader 1" which is the only competent boardgame about cycling

Honestly asking: how many board games about cycling are there?

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Toast Museum posted:

Honestly asking: how many board games about cycling are there?

Not a lot that are current. There were a lot of vintage ones produced in Europe but I can only think of Leader 1 and Cycling Party as modern examples.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

strangemusic posted:

Continuing to feed my board game addiction: I bought this!

And now I have a craving to play Mille Bornes! :argh:

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

:homebrew: :homebrew: :homebrew:

:unsmith:

Digital_Jesus has a new favorite as of 02:41 on Sep 12, 2015

Aristophanes
Aug 11, 2012

Quickly, bring me a beaker of wine, so that I may wet my mind and say something clever!

Plus 3x hidden object games for my dad, including one called "The JFK Conspiracy" :tinfoil:

$255 worth of games that I spent a grand total of $5.60 on. Thanks, PC game clearout and staff discount!

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

They haven't been worth $255 in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Reverse Centaur posted:

They haven't been worth $255 in a long time.

Yeah, more like 30-50 unused.