Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Nessus posted:

Dio doesn't seem to want absolute control over everything like Dracula. If nothing else he probably knows about UV lamps, which would gently caress him up good. His Stand doesn't seem to be good for THAT at least.

When he became a vampire in part 1 he went to a random village and turned everyone he could find into a vampire. His god complex started from minute one of being a vampire, too. Also:

Dio was always planning on controlling things. In part 3 he just is being more cautious.

Taciturn Tactician fucked around with this message at 04:03 on May 31, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Dude just made a miscalculation that left him sleeping with the fishes for the better part of a century.

That's a lot of time to do some mental inventory.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quoted for new page cause this is the best loving thing.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Taciturn Tactician posted:

When he became a vampire in part 1 he went to a random village and turned everyone he could find into a vampire. His god complex started from minute one of being a vampire, too. Also:

Dio was always planning on controlling things. In part 3 he just is being more cautious.

poo poo, Dio's ambition existed when he was a little kid. His first reaction upon moving into the Joestar house was "OK, how can I freeze out this other kid and become the best son and control the inheritance?" Becoming a vampire only made it so he had the physical attributes to back up his god complex.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If you're as good looking as DIO, it's only natural to expect the world to owe you everything.

And it does because he is the earth's most perfect child.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Aurain posted:

If you're as good looking as DIO, it's only natural to expect the world to owe you everything.

And it does because he is the earth's most perfect child.

Kars might have had something to say about that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kars didn't even have a cool-rear end stand. :colbert:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Aurain posted:

Kars didn't even have a cool-rear end stand. :colbert:
So he created one from scratch. :colbert: :colbert:

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
Kars and his Stand, Space Oddity.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Dio is still, technically, just food for Kars.
He looks yummy, too.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

PiedPiper posted:

He looks yummy, too.

It'd be interesting to see how Kars dealt with stand users. On the one hand, he's the ultimate life form. On the other hand, it's extremely difficult to defend yourself or attack effectively against something that you can't see, hear, touch, or smell kicking the poo poo out of you.

I mean obviously he'd pretty effortlessly kill any of the less direct combat stand users like Mariah or Devo, but what about someone with a super powerful direct combat stand like Jotaro? Would Alessi's power work on Kars? What would it even do to him?

Kanos fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 31, 2015

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I'm sure if he hadn't gotten blasted into space, he could have acquired his own. He is the ultimate lifeform after all, and besides, there are... ways of developing a stand in the jojo universe.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

It would be pretty funny if Alessi's power made Kars younger and rewound his body to before he became the ultimate lifeform so he just exploded in the sunlight.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

The other problem Stand users would have is Kars being the ultimate life form. Araki took a left turn after part 2 and the power level of the series has leveled out. I'd imagine if he brought Kars back as an antagonist, it'd be fascinating to see how a stand user can deal with an immortal ultimate life form and vise versa.

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008
I mean Kars isn't even dead floating out there in space. I doubt he would honestly have much trouble fighting someone like Jotaro since all Jotaro could really do is physically damage him. Something like Vanilla Ice's stand could pose more of a thread I think.
EDIT: Whenever JoJo eventually ends, it should just be Kars crashing back down to earth and killing everything.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Jotaro could legit punch Kars right back into the loving stratosphere.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

PiedPiper posted:

He looks yummy, too.

I do wonder how a fight between young Dio and a pillar man would go. Like Dio can freeze anyone that touches him so he might not be instantly killed, and his laser eye beams were pretty powerful the few times he used them.

Also even though it might not happen, it would be cool if he ended up using those powers again against the Crusaders.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Kanos posted:

It'd be interesting to see how Kars dealt with stand users. On the one hand, he's the ultimate life form. On the other hand, it's extremely difficult to defend yourself or attack effectively against something that you can't see, hear, touch, or smell kicking the poo poo out of you.

I mean obviously he'd pretty effortlessly kill any of the less direct combat stand users like Mariah or Devo, but what about someone with a super powerful direct combat stand like Jotaro? Would Alessi's power work on Kars? What would it even do to him?

I would assume he'd just power through and maybe fire off some piraņa feathers at Jotaro. Or a man-eating squirrel.

Kars can outrange any high-powered Stand, and ignore any long-ranged one. He'd be a real bitch to deal with.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Beef Waifu posted:

Jotaro could legit punch Kars right back into the loving stratosphere.

Stratosphere's not good enough, but I'm sure Jotaro could figure a way to actually send Cars off the Earth's gravity.

Sam Faust posted:

I do wonder how a fight between young Dio and a pillar man would go. Like Dio can freeze anyone that touches him so he might not be instantly killed, and his laser eye beams were pretty powerful the few times he used them.

Also even though it might not happen, it would be cool if he ended up using those powers again against the Crusaders.

Dio without a stand? The Pillar Men would wreck him. He's cunning enough that he could survive but it's not like he has any way of killing any of them that wouldn't also kill him.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Santana is Santana, Esidesi is useless, Wamuu fights too honourably and Dio would exploit that, Kars is crafty too but what happens when a man who thinks SEX = USELESS meets the sexiest man of all time? Something has to give.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
The Ultimate Being isn't so Ultimate against a Stand that just vomits emeralds at him that he can't even see from like a hundred feet away. :colbert:

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Moltrey posted:

The Ultimate Being isn't so Ultimate against a Stand that just vomits emeralds at him that he can't even see from like a hundred feet away. :colbert:

What would those even do though. Even if it did significant damage he would just grow new parts right?

Aurain posted:

Santana is Santana, Esidesi is useless, Wamuu fights too honourably and Dio would exploit that, Kars is crafty too but what happens when a man who thinks SEX = USELESS meets the sexiest man of all time? Something has to give.
Clearly wedding rings would be involved.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I mean being immortal doesn't mean you can't beat the dude, it just means he can't be killed.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer
Re: Kakyoin: Cars could summon up some anklyosaurus armor anyway. And I doubt Hierophant Green could mind control someone who can shift his body however he wants.

A stand that outright disintegrates poo poo at a rapid pace like Vanilla Ice's could really gently caress him up, though. Or maybe one of the D'Arbys could trick him into gambling.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Moltrey posted:

Its not like an emerald splash would do much more than annoy him, Kars is basically invincible. The only thing that could truly kill him is some fuckery like Alessi turning him young and not so ultimate. Even Vanilla Ice could only send him to another dimension to float in nothingness, which isn't much different than where he actually ended up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Beef Waifu posted:

I mean being immortal doesn't mean you can't beat the dude, it just means he can't be killed.

That always sort of bugged me in Dragon Ball. Frieza/Vegeta want to wish for immortality, but that doesn't mean that they can't be blown into tiny chunks but have their body survive that (in the sense that all of the cells and such are still alive). They'd be better off wishing to be indestructible.

e: V They still wish for that during an asswhooping each on Namek though.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 17:00 on May 31, 2015

Senor Candle
Nov 5, 2008

Aurain posted:

That always sort of bugged me in Dragon Ball. Frieza/Vegeta want to wish for immortality, but that doesn't mean that they can't be blown into tiny chunks but have their body survive that. They'd be better off wishing to be indestructible.

They were so arrogant that they never even considered the idea of someone coming along who was that much stronger than them

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Senor Candle posted:

What would those even do though. Even if it did significant damage he would just grow new parts right?
Weaken his body enough so Jotaro could punch his rear end right back to space. Kars is handsome, but that's all he is. Just because he's immortal doesn't mean we can't kick his rear end.

Basically what I'm saying the is Eyes of Heaven tag battle between Jotaro/Kakyoin and Kars/Whammu is gonna be piss easy

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 17:06 on May 31, 2015

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Aurain posted:

That always sort of bugged me in Dragon Ball. Frieza/Vegeta want to wish for immortality, but that doesn't mean that they can't be blown into tiny chunks but have their body survive that (in the sense that all of the cells and such are still alive). They'd be better off wishing to be indestructible.

If that's your standard of immortality then Frieza was immortal

Trunks only actually killed him when he disintegrated him with a KI blast

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Moltrey posted:

Weaken his body enough so Jotaro could punch his rear end right back to space. Kars is handsome, but that's all he is. Just because he's immortal doesn't mean we can't kick his rear end.

Basically what I'm saying the is Eyes of Heaven tag battle between Jotaro/Kakyoin and Kars/Whammu is gonna be piss easy

Screw playing as the Jotaro/Kakyoin combo in the demo of that game though. Kakyoin always decides to help you out and slows the gameplay to a crawl and just ugh, Eyes of Heaven. Yuck.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Sam Faust posted:

Contact with a PillarMan is pretty much certain absorption for a vampire.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Aurain posted:

Screw playing as the Jotaro/Kakyoin combo in the demo of that game though. Kakyoin always decides to help you out and slows the gameplay to a crawl and just ugh, Eyes of Heaven. Yuck.
Look man, it's not Kakyoin's fault the game was made so poorly that it can't handle the fuckton of emeralds he's bringing.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
eyes of heaven will let me play as speedwagon so i'm going to say it's better than the last one already

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Soulcleaver posted:

Re: Kakyoin: Cars could summon up some anklyosaurus armor anyway. And I doubt Hierophant Green could mind control someone who can shift his body however he wants.

A stand that outright disintegrates poo poo at a rapid pace like Vanilla Ice's could really gently caress him up, though. Or maybe one of the D'Arbys could trick him into gambling.

I don't think the D'Arby brothers could really do much against Kars, since both times, they got the Crusaders to bet because they had leverage on them. Jotaro could have just murdered them, if they didn't have the soul of their friend, and Kars would have no such qualms if things started looking bad.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Cars kind of genocided his own species so I don't think there's much in the way of leverage they could get for him. The only one they could trick would be Wham and his ~noble warrior's spirit~.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Speaking of dickishness, I love how Dio gives this whole impassioned speech to Polnareff about how serving him will give him the peace of mind he wants.

And then after that, he kills Nukesaku, a guy who's serving him.

Never change, Dio.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I love how poo poo got so real, Joseph forgot to be comical about legging it. I don't think he's ever felt that kind of fear even with Kars. DIO's ZA WARUDO is so loving terrifying if you have no idea what it is. At least with Kars, he kinda knew what to expect. With DIO, it's straight up "If you're within his reach, you're automatically dead. And you don't know why".

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Speaking of dickishness, I love how Dio gives this whole impassioned speech to Polnareff about how serving him will give him the peace of mind he wants.

And then after that, he kills Nukesaku, a guy who's serving him.

Never change, Dio.

Well with the kind of religious servitude DIO asks for you have 「PEACE  OF  MIND」 even in death. See Vanilla Ice for an example; the only time he lost his 「PEACE  OF  MIND」 was when Iggy forced him to destroy the image of DIO.

Soylentbits
Apr 2, 2007

im worried that theyre setting her up to be jotaros future wife or something.

Broseph Brostar posted:

Its not like an emerald splash would do much more than annoy him, Kars is basically invincible. The only thing that could truly kill him is some fuckery like Alessi turning him young and not so ultimate. Even Vanilla Ice could only send him to another dimension to float in nothingness, which isn't much different than where he actually ended up.

I feel like we're all forgetting that Kars was dumb. He got tricked into a volcano. He got tricked into falling down a hole. He got tricked into getting shot into space. If nothing else then the Crusaders would probably trick him into one-shotting himself. And also pee on him. And make fun of his useless genitalia.

And this is all discarding the fact that he has limited non-psychic mass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Aurain posted:

Not to mention what happens when someone actually gets their immortality.

• Locked thread