Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
So is there any news on a proper Nova dude showing up in the MCU? Rewatching Guardians reminds me of how he's not around.

BiggerBoat posted:

That he likes "Let's Get it On" or that he's ashamed? Because Marvin Gaye was loving awesome. No shame in digging Marvin.

You missed it. It's Meghan Trainor. She's not good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SonicRulez posted:

So is there any news on a proper Nova dude showing up in the MCU? Rewatching Guardians reminds me of how he's not around.

Not even a little hint. They probably want to stay away from super powered space cop because the Green Lantern stink is still hanging around.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
They are making a GL movie for this incarnation of the DCCU.

It will never get made. The whole thing is going to fall apart after Justice League.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

twistedmentat posted:

They are making a GL movie for this incarnation of the DCCU.

It will never get made. The whole thing is going to fall apart after Justice League.

Just :laffo: if you think
a) Justice League tanking would convince WB to drop their summer movie slate for the next 5+ years
b) Justice League won't make a billion dollars because the general public eats up DC poo poo regardless of quality

The DC murderverse is happening one way or another.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

I don't see it on any major sites so take this as a rumor, but it's going around some places that The Batman is going to be rescheduled for 2019 and that they're going to do a full rewrite on it once they get a director.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

SonicRulez posted:

They're not going to have a character in the MCU named Dick Rider, c'mon.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

pee out my butt posted:

Dick Ryder!
The Human Rocket!
Old bucket head!

(Nova's nicknames will never not be funny to me.)

In other news in another time line Coolio could have been scaring us in a Batman movie.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/02/09/coolio-reveals-he-nearly-played-scarecrow-in-a-dc-film/

The Question IRL fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Feb 9, 2017

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

I don't see it on any major sites so take this as a rumor, but it's going around some places that The Batman is going to be rescheduled for 2019 and that they're going to do a full rewrite on it once they get a director.

I'm guessing that rewrite will involve the Joker. :sigh:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Just :laffo: if you think
a) Justice League tanking would convince WB to drop their summer movie slate for the next 5+ years
b) Justice League won't make a billion dollars because the general public eats up DC poo poo regardless of quality

The DC murderverse is happening one way or another.

BvS didn't hit a billion and I don't think the addition of Cyborg and Aquaman pushes a movie to those heights.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

In other news in another time line Coolio could have been scaring us in a Batman movie.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/02/09/coolio-reveals-he-nearly-played-scarecrow-in-a-dc-film/
That proposed plot seems very familiar though.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Aphrodite posted:

BvS didn't hit a billion and I don't think the addition of Cyborg and Aquaman pushes a movie to those heights.

You should still prepare for the dystopian nightmare of a studio making franchise movies indefinitely.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

You can decide whether you trust a review of the Lego Batman Movie based on whether the reviewer bothered to check that Condiment King, the Eraser, etc. are actually villains from the comics and not just made up for the movie.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

purple death ray posted:

You can decide whether you trust a review of the Lego Batman Movie based on whether the reviewer bothered to check that Condiment King, the Eraser, etc. are actually villains from the comics and not just made up for the movie.

I find comedies haven't abused "no seriously this is real" yet so that joke should be believable to people without them checking sources.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

The Eraser is in it? I have his first (and only?) appearance, and was hoping to be hailed as some clever writer when I do Eraser: Rebirth.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

pee out my butt posted:

They could use Sam.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Aphrodite posted:

Yea, plus everything outside of Justice League sounds like its in complete chaos, and I could certainly see WB shoving out the movies in a barely finished form and normal people not bothering. Especially since Star Wars will probably be coming out fairly soon after JL is released.

The whole thing has been mismanaged from top to bottom, though I don't put any blame on the actors (except Jared Leto), as they generally seem to be trying their best with the material they're given.

And I would assume Sam would be the Nova they chose. He's been more in the for front than Dick, not to mention I expect Marvel to make a more kid friendly movie at some point.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Rider's also been dead for like 8 years so that hasn't helped his profile much. But they already introduced the Nova Corps, I just don't see them retooling that concept any time soon as they were kind of an afterthought in GotG.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

You could easily have something happen to the Nova Corps in the GotG movies that necessitates them creating a super-cop. I can already see the dynamic once he teams up with the gang. He'd be obnoxiously by the book and putting the others on notice, etc.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Lurdiak posted:

You could easily have something happen to the Nova Corps in the GotG movies that necessitates them creating a super-cop. I can already see the dynamic once he teams up with the gang. He'd be obnoxiously by the book and putting the others on notice, etc.

Something did happen to them. They all got wiped the gently caress out.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Chickenwalker posted:

Something did happen to them. They all got wiped the gently caress out.

Yeah I kinda figured this was going to end up with one of those "well we were all sharing one power across 80,000 dudes but now those 80,000 all fuckin died so all that power is in Steve Brule now" situations.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
A major superhero movie using the minority version of a character seems like it'd be slim chances, but it's a b-lister, so I'd give it 50/50.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
In desperation during an attack by thanos, nova corps imbues a magical space helmet with their infinity stone and it shoots off into the galaxy to find an unlikely wearer...

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lurdiak posted:

Isn't the reason why the Novas are different because James Gunn hates Rider?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

achillesforever6 posted:

I mean that's possible but I've never heard that before.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I get the feeling that James Gunn doesn't have that much power over the characters, but that's just a feeling.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Roth posted:

I get the feeling that James Gunn doesn't have that much power over the characters, but that's just a feeling.

He cherry picked the team if his FB posts are anything to go on. AT one point Moondragon was going to be the leading lady.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Roth posted:

Didn't he get Disney to trade someone for Ego?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

WickedHate posted:

Didn't he get Disney to trade someone for Ego?

It is believed that they traded tv rights permissions for Ego and a mystery character.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Rhyno posted:

It is believed that they traded tv rights permissions for Ego and a mystery character.

I thought it was for the changes to Negasonic?

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

achillesforever6 posted:

These are my favorite rumors. Like creators hate random B listers for no real reason.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

achillesforever6 posted:

Nope. He's actually said he likes Nova, but having another super-powered guy from Earth would take away from Star-Lord.

quote:

“I don’t want Nova right now because I think Quill being the only earthling is important. That serves the entire movie going audience and not just the handful of Nova fans. Sorry if that upsets you.”

Later, he followed up, “…And I have nothing against Nova in future movies, but it doesn’t serve the movie right this moment.”

He was talking about Guardians 2 here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

howe_sam posted:

I thought it was for the changes to Negasonic?

That too!

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

WickedHate posted:

A major superhero movie using the minority version of a character seems like it'd be slim chances, but it's a b-lister, so I'd give it 50/50.

Nick Fury

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

No one gave a poo poo about Nick Fury before he started showing up in post-credits scenes.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

WickedHate posted:

No one gave a poo poo about Nick Fury before he started showing up in post-credits scenes.

No one gives a poo poo about Nova now, what's your point?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

purple death ray posted:

HOW DARE YOU DISPARAGE DICK RIDER

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

purple death ray posted:

I said it was 50/50. But that's mostly a hyperbolic joke in and of itself. If they went with Dick I'd be genuinely surprised because no one caring about Nova is exactly what makes it the perfect opportunity to throw in some free diversity in there, and Sam is the one they've been pushing for ages.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

WickedHate posted:

I said it was 50/50. But that's mostly a hyperbolic joke in and of itself. If they went with Dick I'd be genuinely surprised because no one caring about Nova is exactly what makes it the perfect opportunity to throw in some free diversity in there, and Sam is the one they've been pushing for ages.

I'd much rather have Dick Rider than Jeph Loeb's creepy fanfic about his dead son.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

pee out my butt posted:

I'd much rather have Dick Rider than Jeph Loeb's creepy fanfic about his dead son.

Dude no, Loeb's Nova was his final goodbye to his son. He finally figured out how to say goodbye which is why he only did one arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Sam is a better character than Dick. Sorry to inform you of this.

• Locked thread