Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Hell yeah I’d watch Shane and Rick cruisin’ around crushin’ some burgs.

Then Rick has to move into Shane’s bachelor pad because Lori kicked him out.

The season finale is a fight to the death... in a game of Super Smash Bros.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

They should pull some insane comic twist, like just change the show into the timeline where Shane killed Rick.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
All it's gonna be is something dumb like Shane welcoming Rick into Valhalla

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
It’s hard to imagine characters like Shane or Dale existing in the same universe as Negan or the Kingdom.

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

This is an excellent time to take the comic approach and introduce aliens.

:what:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

It’s kinda a joke / not really a joke. When Kirkman pitched TWD he felt they wouldn’t go for just a zombie story or that he could really stretch it for however many issues he wanted so he said that there would be a twist around issue 50 or 75 through that revealed aliens were behind it all. So when the book became a hit and he hit that issue he threw a joke epilogue that had aliens show up.

Comics!

Happy Noodle Boy fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Jul 6, 2018

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
TWD, the final season.

Rick wakes up from a coma, the entire Walking Dead was just a coma dream.
Rick goes home with Lori and Coral, Shane comes to visit. Rick realizes that the person he's become on the inside is no longer the Rick that his friends and family know. He simply cannot cope with going back to the way things were. Rick sees walkers everywhere, only a flash here and there, then they're gone...at first. Then more often, and for longer durations. Soon, almost everyone looks like a walker to Rick. Rick babbles incessantly about the dead, and someone named Neegan and his lover Michonne. He's constantly trying to get Coral and Lori to travel with him to Alexandria. Rick depletes their savings account stockpiling food and weapons.
Lori and Carl can't take it anymore. They leave him. Lori, and Shane get together. Coral starts calling Shane "dad".
Rick now lives alone in a basement, surrounded by stacks of ammunition and MRE's. Rick slips into a deep paranoid depression. He has to go back, back to a world where he mattered, where no matter how bad things got, they made a kind of sense to him.
One day, Lori is driving on a flat, straight bit of road, and inexplicably crashes. She is killed. (Seriously, learn to loving drive Lori, goddamn.)
Rick completely loses his mind with and commits suicide with the same Colt Python he had at his side throughout his coma dream.
Coral goes to college with the life insurance policy that Shane took out on Lori, and meets Glenn, Maggie, and Enid. They hang out, get high and play Super Smash Bros. Strangely, all of Coral's professors are characters from Rick's coma dream. It's a bit surreal for the viewer, but it's never explained. Daryl and Merle are the foul mouthed groundskeepers. Coral looses his eye in a tragic beer pong accident. Eventually, Coral and Enid get married. Shane gets drunk during the reception and embarrasses everyone. Glenn becomes a small town pharmacist, and Maggie pops out little British/Asian babies like there's no tomorrow.
One day, they decide to take a road trip so Coral can visit the final resting place of his estranged father. As they are driving down the road, a bright streak comes out of nowhere, then their car explodes. The camera pans back for what seems like forever until it reaches a shadowy figure, kneeling on the edge of a cliff overlooking the smoldering wreckage of the car, holding a smoking RPG. He lights a cigar.
"Mother Dick".
Roll credits.

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008

Jay_Zombie posted:

The camera pans back for what seems like forever until it reaches a shadowy figure, kneeling on the edge of a cliff overlooking the smoldering wreckage of the car, holding a smoking RPG. He lights a cigar.
"Phalanx Out!"
Roll credits.

Fixed.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

Jay_Zombie posted:

TWD, the final season.

Rick goes home with Lori and Coral, Shane comes to visit. Rick realizes that the person he's become on the inside is no longer the Rick that his friends and family know. He simply cannot cope with going back to the way things were. Rick sees walkers everywhere, only a flash here and there, then they're gone...at first. Then more often, and for longer durations. Soon, almost everyone looks like a walker to Rick. Rick babbles incessantly about the dead, and someone named Neegan and his lover Michonne. He's constantly trying to get Coral and Lori to travel with him to Alexandria. Rick depletes their savings account stockpiling food and weapons.
Lori and Carl can't take it anymore. They leave him. Lori, and Shane get together. Coral starts calling Shane "dad".
Rick now lives alone in a basement, surrounded by stacks of ammunition and MRE's. Rick slips into a deep paranoid depression. He has to go back, back to a world where he mattered, where no matter how bad things got, they made a kind of sense to him.
One day, Lori is driving on a flat, straight bit of road, and inexplicably crashes. She is killed. (Seriously, learn to loving drive Lori, goddamn.)
Rick completely loses his mind with and commits suicide with the same Colt Python he had at his side throughout his coma dream.
Coral goes to college with the life insurance policy that Shane took out on Lori, and meets Glenn, Maggie, and Enid. They hang out, get high and play Super Smash Bros. Strangely, all of Coral's professors are characters from Rick's coma dream. It's a bit surreal for the viewer, but it's never explained. Daryl and Merle are the foul mouthed groundskeepers. Coral looses his eye in a tragic beer pong accident. Eventually, Coral and Enid get married. Shane gets drunk during the reception and embarrasses everyone. Glenn becomes a small town pharmacist, and Maggie pops out little British/Asian babies like there's no tomorrow.
One day, they decide to take a road trip so Coral can visit the final resting place of his estranged father. As they are driving down the road, a bright streak comes out of nowhere, then their car explodes. The camera pans back for what seems like forever until it reaches a shadowy figure, kneeling on the edge of a cliff overlooking the smoldering wreckage of the car, holding a smoking RPG. He lights a cigar.
"Mother Dick".
Roll credits.

This was more entertaining to read than the last whole season was to watch.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004
Skip to 20 years in the future. Maggie had her baby and he's grown up. Turns out Enid and Coral got busy once and she had a baby too that grew up. One day the two grown sons come across a teenage girl, and try to convince her to join their town. The girl says she can't because she's done too much bad stuff. Turns out Negan is with the two young men too and gives her a talk about how they have all done bad stuff, "Hell I killed that guys daddy, and now I'm the leader! We can all change!" The girl goes with them. In the woods in the distance you see a few guys and their female leader. The leader says "this is going to be easier than I thought." It's the Whisperers. Madison is the leader. There's no flashback to explain how all this came to be, this is just the timeline now.
Coral and Glenn's sons are played by Coral and Glenn's actors.

Where's my loving job AMC.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Here's a poster full of poo poo we won't see on TWD next season!

(Helicopter, going to Washington, DC.)

:allears:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

They're all looking for a way to escape being on the show I think.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
They discover the president and most of Congress are ruling from exile in the canadian great plains. The helicopter is a scout and harbinger of the imminent firebombing of Alexandria and the other treasonous rebel governments.

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

They discover the president and most of Congress are ruling from exile in the canadian great plains. The helicopter is a scout and harbinger of the imminent firebombing of Alexandria and the other treasonous rebel governments.

Or the Jericho Season 1 Ending, where they;re gearing up for another ALL OUT WAR with some other petty faction, and tanks and real soldiers from the actual govt come in and roll over them all. :allears:

Having a govt remnant that is good (or evil) pop up is one of my favorite ost apoc sci-fi tropes, and it's used to great effect in things like The 100, Planet if the Apes, Falling Skies, and others. But like the Origins of the Virus or The Cure, I'm pretty sure that is a larger story that Kirkman and Gimple have no interest in telling.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
They don't have the budget for a tank so it'll be the Hyundai Santa Fe with a flag on the side

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

probably a cardboard cutout that Drrrl stuffs a grenade into immediately

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

moist turtleneck posted:

They don't have the budget for a tank so it'll be the Hyundai Santa Fe with a flag on the side

also it will be a 2019 model, sparkling clean

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

crazy cloud posted:

also it will be a 2019 model, sparkling clean

Like that episode of TSCC that was sponsored by Dodge Ram Trucks and they had an extended, 4-minute scene where they loaded all of their guns into the extra storage compartments on the new model-year Ram.

"Will all of those M-16s fit?"
"They sure will, Sarah, the new Ram 2500 can has enough storage capacity for a platoon's worth of M-16s..." :smug:

Jay_Zombie posted:

TWD, the final season.

"Mother Dick".
Roll credits.

-----------------------------------------------------------8<-----------------------------------------------------------

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
it's really disappointing that this show (the main one) poo poo the bed as hard as it did in the last couple seasons

i really like the show up to the negan cliffhanger episode. including the farm season. it was a fine sociological/anthropological tale of how a random clutch of damaged survivors from a collapsed civilization became a small but militarily fearsome semi-nomadic tribe, built from the combination of two clans and hangers-on. then it became the story of how that tribe merged with a settled, wealthy, but militarily feeble society and usurped control of it. with the grimes-green tribe's entrance into alexandria they passed out of an anthropological story into a historical story, the annals of this walled city called alexandria, the struggles between its autochthonous population and the imported, distrusted but militarily essential nomads, the first contacts and conflicts with other peoples of that society's new history. it's all very mesopotamian, which is my thing, and so it aggrieves me tremendously that the writing, effects, and general quality of the series have swirled down the drain, getting worse each year for several years. this was the first season i never bothered to finish, and i doubt i'll watch another, and damned if that didn't happen right at the point where the evolution of alexandria as a historical subject should be at its most interesting to me

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'm sure someone will take Rick's leadership roll

That character will be Eugene

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/iEmBhgI.mp4

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

Lauren Cohan has allegedly signed up for another season, meaning they've probably changed the story to change her into enough of a villain to be able to kill off Rick while dying in a stalemate for no reason now. IMO, the show has taken its "change the script to work around the actors" stuff like how they temporarily wrote out Heath too far and they should've stuck to a preplanned script and recasted anyone who wanted out, but issues caused by that are the least of the show's problems since they killed off Carl for shock value. I just wanted to see Carl go Rambo on a bunch of bullies with a shovel and put them in the hospital because it was a good character moment

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 8, 2018

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Do we know how big JDM’s role is going to be?

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Do we know how big JDM’s role is going to be?

Last I read he and Daryl are to become the new leads

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Barreft posted:

Last I read he and Daryl are to become the new leads

That would... own if I had any faith in them having the ability to write a good story out of it. Negan’s story post war is really, really good and he’s got some really good moments to mine (a few have been used already, though). Daryl can possibly be cool if they give him something other than look angry and not say anything.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
darryl will lead an zombie army by using grunts and scowls

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

That would... own if I had any faith in them having the ability to write a good story out of it. Negan’s story post war is really, really good and he’s got some really good moments to mine (a few have been used already, though). Daryl can possibly be cool if they give him something other than look angry and not say anything.

That would own if it happened a couple seasons ago and Rick and Coral got Lucille'd... :unsmigghh:

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
At least Ogg got out.

But yeah JDM and Reedus can own on this show when they have halfway decent stuff to do. But that ain’t happening.

Wugga
Oct 30, 2006

I BEAT MEAT

Jay_Zombie posted:

TWD, the final season.
As they are driving Rick is walking down the road, a bright streak comes the helicopter flies out of nowhere with its freshly introduced pilot, then their car explodes. The camera pans back for what seems like forever until it reaches a shadowy robed figure, holding a smoking RPG. Rick is kneeling on the edge of a cliff overlooking the smoldering wreckage of the car helicopter.

"MIIIIIKEEEEE!!"

"Who the gently caress is Mike?", mumble all the remaining 170 viewers.

Roll credits.

Next week is a flashback episode about Mike's last moments, after which he is never mentioned again.

Couldn't resist.

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!

Wugga posted:

Couldn't resist.

I think you just pitched Season 10. See, it's a throwback to 9 so they can just re-use a lot of the footage, and then tell a different story branching out from that. Probably have to CGI a few characters in and out, but it shouldn't be too hard.
This show could go on forever.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AMC announced Yvette Nicole Brown will be hosting Talking Dead when it comes back in August

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Chris James 2 posted:

AMC announced Yvette Nicole Brown will be hosting Talking Dead when it comes back in August

:yikes:

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

They are calling her an "interim host" while the AMC "investigation" of Hardwick continues. She herself says:

quote:

"I will say this once. I am filling in for a friend, which I have done before. I am not jockeying for a job," Brown wrote of the Comic-Con news on Twitter. "I have enough of my own. It is my prayer that God's will is done in the midst of this process & that everyone is okay. My character is known & sound. Nothing has changed."

I think they should just make a decision. What is there to investigate? It boils down to his word vs hers about things done in their private life. On the one hand it was a past relationship--he's moved on and married someone else and had a kid. His current wife denies he acts like this and he says it didn't happen that way, but that it was a bad relationship. On the other hand, she's accusing him of being a horrific abuser and somewhat of a rapist. Unless either side can produce text messages, emails, secretly bugged conversations, or witnesses that are more than "yeah he/she is my friend and I can vouch he/she told me about these things", then AMC would have to publicly choose who to believe.

If they just drop Hardwick and move on, they might lose some fans who are sympathetic to him, but the very act of them doing so will cause more people to believe he's guilty and be less sympathetic anyway. If they bring him back, then the optics will be horrible and the backlash will be huge. There will always be some people who will believe he absolutely did these things and will loudly and vocally oppose him being on the show or pretty much ever working in media again. It's a controversy and companies don't like controversies like this. Maybe your stance is we should always believe the women, because they are always telling the truth and there is an unfair bias against them, and that even in the very few times they aren't it creates a worse situation to not believe them for future abusees. Maybe your stance is #METOO is going too far and sometimes men can be innocent and Hardwick is getting railroaded. But in the end the safest, most risk averse course for a media company dealing with a personality would be to sever. Hardwick should hardly be shocked--if you live your life publicly as a media personality, celebrity or actor you can lose your job for poo poo you do outside of work that makes you look bad.

The longer AMC drags this out the worse it will be, unless they are just buying time to find a new host/giving YNB a tryout. But it seems she believes Hardwick and doesn't want the gig permanently. She's a great actress and a huge fan and a great part of the show. She and the article talk about her filling in as a host before, though I can't recall that. I would rather her though, than some twee unknown host type. Some of the semi-pros these networks get to host aftershows/podcasts are just dire.

Thompsons
Aug 28, 2008

Ask me about onklunk extraction.
They may as well just drop him, I mean his modern career is just being a professional shill rather than making any meaningful content so how many people will really care if he's dumped?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

quote:

Protesters camped outside the Portland headquarters of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement say federal agents have been broadcasting a chipper pop song from the parking garage for more than 10 hours.

As temperatures in Portland reached 100 degrees Fahrenheit this afternoon, the same song has played on repeat all day: "Easy Street," a banjo-and-horn driven ditty with maddeningly happy lyrics. (Protesters recorded a snippet for Twitter, with the complaint: "ICE has been playing children's music for 5 hours now.")

In fact, the song's only pop-culture fame comes from being used as musical torture for a prisoner in a 2016 episode of the zombie-apocalypse TV series The Walking Dead.

https://twitter.com/OccupyICEPDX/status/1018640254163546112
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fW8hq9Djjg

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Oh my god

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
At least we know where negan got the idea then

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Savior's compound is fixing up nicely

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
They should change it up tomorrow and play Lazy Town Songs

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Jul 17, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

This is pretty amazing.