Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Are you a roller hockey goalie or a Deck goalie who plays on a perfectly smooth surface? Then buy these.
http://www.rollerfly.com/

I just got to play with them last night and I couldn't wipe the smile off of my face. It's the first time I ever got to glide like a Ice Goalie. Tons of fun, but I have to get used to them as T pushes wear you out quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

I hear there's gonna be cake!
I tried em. I was so/so on them. They do give you glide, but its still not like ice.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I'm trying to make the decision whether to skate tonight or not. I've been symptom free for a week, was able to work normally all week, and I was able to workout on Wednesday and Friday, doing progressively tougher exercises each time, which by the protocols that the doctor gave means that I should be OK to play.

I hate to admit it, but I'm a bit afraid to jump right back into a game. I realize that is a perfectly reasonable response to having spent the past 2 1/2 weeks recovering from a concussion. I had planned on going to an early morning skate to test myself out, but trying to go to bed early backfired and I missed that session. I keep going back and forth on whether I should skate tonight or not. I think I should be fine, but fear keeps on creeping in. I actually checked with a couple friends to see if they could sub, but neither of them were available.

This is one of the instances where I really envy skaters, since if they try skating and something is wrong, then it's easy to pull themselves out of the game. If I pull myself out of the game, then that causes all sorts of problems, which rationally doesn't matter, but there is a weird pressure to keep playing when you don't have a backup.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Hematoma on left quad, out 1-3 weeks. Grrrrrrrr!!!!! :argh:

In better news I've finally cracked the shits with this ghetto toe-tie setup I've been running for years and have some Toe Hooks on the way - anyone used those or the flextoe setup or the Toe Hooks? Heard mixed reviews re: flextoe

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

How'd you end up with that?!

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I ended up skating tonight and the game went well. We won 4-3, I only took one shot off of my mask, which was relatively light and I played pretty well. The first goal I gave up was soft, it was a shot that hit the face of my pads and somehow banked into the net. If I had my pad dug into the post, it wouldn't have gone in. The second goal, the shot hit my mask went to my right and there was a shooter waiting for the rebound. The third goal happened with 5.6 seconds left. The shooter was in tight, I swept my paddle to try and block the shot, I got my paddle on the stick, but it was angled too far back, so the puck ramped off of my stick and went into the net.

It was good to get back out on the ice and to get my first game back out of the way. I feel like I'm going to be a bit apprehensive the next few times I get out on the ice, but it was good to get out there, get the win, and most importantly not have anything bad happen.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you

aejix posted:

In better news I've finally cracked the shits with this ghetto toe-tie setup I've been running for years and have some Toe Hooks on the way - anyone used those or the flextoe setup or the Toe Hooks? Heard mixed reviews re: flextoe
I used Flextoe's for a while when I first started, when I got some new pads I stopped using them and now realize while they were awesome for quickly getting your pads on they weren't so good with actually being loose enough to get easy pad rotation. I don't know if you need to stretch the Flextoe out more or what, but it never seemed like my pads rotated nearly as easy as they do now that I have some simple laces going around the toe.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

aejix posted:

I've been using Flextoes for a few years now and love them. I don't know what is different from me and scud but I don't have any issues with pads rotating properly. The only issue I have with them is I tend to go through two sets a year but that doesn't seem too bad when you think about how much hockey that is.

Also, explain that hematoma, please.

Aniki posted:

I ended up skating tonight and the game went well. We won 4-3, I only took one shot off of my mask, which was relatively light and I played pretty well. The first goal I gave up was soft, it was a shot that hit the face of my pads and somehow banked into the net. If I had my pad dug into the post, it wouldn't have gone in. The second goal, the shot hit my mask went to my right and there was a shooter waiting for the rebound. The third goal happened with 5.6 seconds left. The shooter was in tight, I swept my paddle to try and block the shot, I got my paddle on the stick, but it was angled too far back, so the puck ramped off of my stick and went into the net.

It was good to get back out on the ice and to get my first game back out of the way. I feel like I'm going to be a bit apprehensive the next few times I get out on the ice, but it was good to get out there, get the win, and most importantly not have anything bad happen.

Those shots that get pad and still go in are maddening. I subbed up a division tonight and had one go off my glove and in somehow. Also had one go off the cuff of my glove when I was at full extension and give up a massive rebound. The refs decided that it had in fact hit the back of the net and bounced out to the blue line...Not that it mattered as we lost 6-2. Turns out I subbed up a division for a team missing its top two players against the top team in the division and got shelled. I still feel like it should've only been around 3-2 but whatever, the team was impressed. I'm just not seeing the puck as well during this slump and I think it might be partially due to some adjustments I made to tighten my Hackva down. One of the bars now seems like it's right in front of my eyes so I think I'm going to move back to a cateye for the first time in a while.

The new C/A worked well for the first time out. Definitely needs some adjusting but so far I really like the mobility and less bulkiness of it vs my 9K. Hopefully I'll get my Step-Steel installed and sharpened soon. I'm waiting on the newer rink in town to get some just released goalie flat bottom-V cut. Supposedly it's super aggressive on the inside for that push and bite but tapers off toward the outside edge.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Woop woop. First shutout of the season with the lower league team. Ostensibly a 1-0 win without the empty net'er.

I was seeing and reading the puck REALLY well last night, and my left/right scoot transitions were fairly alright as well. My blocker managed to get a couple of great saves, including a weakside stretch punch, and deflection that went over my head and behind me, at which point I did some weird Broudeur/Hascek spin-flop to redirect the floater away and (somehow) under my back for the freeze. I got really lucky a few times though, the stretch pad saves I made that burped up rebounds back up front got shot back into that pad as opposed to taking it around me, as well as a desperation flop to the weakside where the guy waited for me to fully land on my belly before shooting high but only put it into my face.

It felt like they got about 30+ shots on me, my guys had real trouble getting the puck out of the zone under control for any meaningful offensive pressure. Slow is probably the best word here, they weren't jumping on the loose pucks and just watching it go by for others to pick up. Despite the slight frustration, I kept my composure and made my directions to them calm and succinct. To note, this was the same red team that drilled me in those videos I posted awhile ago.

So, least the bottom of the league is looking up.

Bradf0rd posted:

I subbed up a division tonight and had one go off my glove and in somehow. Also had one go off the cuff of my glove when I was at full extension and give up a massive rebound. The refs decided that it had in fact hit the back of the net and bounced out to the blue line...Not that it mattered as we lost 6-2. Turns out I subbed up a division for a team missing its top two players against the top team in the division and got shelled. I still feel like it should've only been around 3-2 but whatever, the team was impressed. I'm just not seeing the puck as well during this slump and I think it might be partially due to some adjustments I made to tighten my Hackva down. One of the bars now seems like it's right in front of my eyes so I think I'm going to move back to a cateye for the first time in a while.

So when you move up leagues, can I take your spot with the fun alcoholics?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Bootcha posted:

Woop woop. First shutout of the season with the lower league team. Ostensibly a 1-0 win without the empty net'er.
Awesome, shutouts are always great.

I traveled from CA to Philly then home to Orlando yesterday, landed at about 9:30, got home and grabbed a bite to eat by 10:30 and was then out the door for my 11:30 game.

I guess it helps that I was still really on PST timezone because goddamn was I good last night for our first win.

I stoned every single one of their breakways to the point where the guy who kept getting the breakways was going "How the hell!?" as he circled around. It's always good when you get in a guys head to that point. I managed to get lucky with a couple goal-mouth scrambles and tic-tac plays to the slot where I was getting my body in the right spot and just getting shots into my chest or glove.

Of course after going up 4-1 in the first their team started getting chippy and playing like douchebags. We only took a few penalties into the 3rd and whenever we got them my D was playing like maniacs and only giving them some shots from the point and clearing out any rebounds near the front of the net.

All in all it felt great to get a 6-1 win for our first win of the season finally against that team.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

I was just given (yes given) a set of legs, skates, blocker, glove and helmet by some really cool dude on one of my teams. They were from back when he played goalie in highschool ~15 years ago and mentioned that he probably wouldn't recommend using the helmet in a real game. The padding is really old and worn out pretty well.

That said, what would the damage be if I was looking to fill out this set and get:
- A new helmet
- Pants
- Chest/arm protector
- Dick protector

I'd rather not go bottom of the barrel cheap, but of course I don't need a $1000 helmet like I just saw on Goalie Monkey (:aaa:).

Henrik Zetterberg fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 14, 2013

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

That said, what would the damage be if I was looking to fill out this set and get:
- A new helmet
- Pants
- Chest/arm protector
- Dick protector

I'd rather not go bottom of the barrel cheap, but of course I don't need a $1000 helmet like I just saw on Goalie Monkey (:aaa:).

Cool of him to do that for you. I can't imagine what they will smell like, the first time they get wet/sweat upon.

As for the prices... Huh, you found another reason there are not more goalies in the world. As for those pads pictured, that is rather old equipment.

The three major manufacturers are now; Vaughn, Bauer and Reebok. For a full new set of gear, current technology, LIST PRICE...

Helmet: 200-500
Throat protector: 25
Pants: 200-400
Cup: 40
Glove: 500
Blocker: 500
Chest protector: 500-700
Leg pads: starts at 200 and the SKY IS THE LIMIT!
Stick: 100-400

I don't skate, so I have no idea on those.

HTH

Edit:

Aniki posted:

-New Helmet ($300-550) ::This is one piece of equipment that you don't want to skimp on.

THIS!

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Nov 15, 2013

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
The prices that VendaGoat listed are for pro gear, you can get senior gear (mid range) for significantly cheaper.

-New Helmet ($300-550) :: Hackva and the Bauer 951 are good options. Avoid any masks made out of ABS platic and feel free to run model/brand of any masks that you are looking at and we can give you an idea if it is good or not. This is one piece of equipment that you don't want to skimp on.
-Pants ($150-180) :: Senior level pants are completely fine. Just find something that you feel comfortable moving in. Inner thigh protection is nice, but some guys will forgo that to try and get better 5-hole closure.
-Chest/arm protector ($200-250) :: Senior level C/As have improved, so they should be ok. That being said, if you have some extra money, then it may be worthwhile getting a better C/A, you may also be able to get a good deal on last year's model C/A.
-Cup ($40-70) :: Get a double cup or you can get a single cup if you plan to continue wearing your player cup under your goalie cup.
-Knee Pads ($45-80) :: Optional, but a good thing to have.
-Stick ($60-120) :: Don't bother with composite sticks when you are starting out. RBK 3K, RBK 6k, SWD 9950, and Warrior Swagger are all durable sticks, though most sticks out there are fine.

You can save more money if you're willing to buy used or aren't concerned about getting the latest model. It's a good idea to go cheap early on, since it is likely that in a year or two you will end up replacing some of the gear as you know more and have a better sense of what works for you.

As for the gear you have. The skates, provided they fit, should be fine. The gloves are fine to start out with. If he says the helmet isn't safe, then don't use it for ice. As for the pads, goaltending has changed a lot in the past 15 years, so those pads may not have great protection for your knees when you butterfly, but some of the other guys will be more familiar with pads from that era and they can tell if it will be a problem or not.

Edit: Brians and Warrior are also major manufacturers. Passau is a good option if you want pro level pads without destroying any chance of retirement.

Aniki fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Nov 15, 2013

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...
Aniki, you are very generous about being able to butterfly in those pads. :)

HZ, if you value your knees at all, you won't play butterfly in those pads. Actually, to be honest, nobody really has to tell you that, you'll learn on your own real fast. First time I played, I played in a set of deer-hair pads not unlike the ones currently in your possession. I had knee pads. Didn't matter. About 10 minutes later, I said to my friends "I can't do this anymore" and left the playing surface. Bought new pads before the next time I skated.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I went to a talk on concussions in sports presented by Dr. Anikar Chhabra. He's an Orthopedist and ex-football player who has researched concussions for the past 15-20 years and he serves as a sideline doctor who helps diagnosis concussions for ASU and high school football games. The talk was primarily focused on football, but he went over a lot of useful information about diagnosis and recovery protocol. It seemed a little weird to have an Orthopedist give a talk on a neurological issue, but apparently it is becoming more common to have Orthopedists treat concussions since they are used to dealing with athletes and are often on the sidelines for sporting events.

One thing that was interesting to me is that he stressed that fit is the most important thing with helmets and while goalie masks are their own beast, a poor fitting mask is not safe and puts you at increased risk for concussions and occipital neuralgia, so if your mask does not fit well, then make sure to readjust the straps or if necessary get a different masks that fits you properly. I didn't think to ask him about the difference between more rigid materials like fiberglass, kevlar, and carbon fiber versus plastics like ABS, but I should have.

I'm still processing everything that he went over last night, but if any of you guys have a chance to go to a talk about concussions in sports, then I highly recommend it.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Hey thanks to everyone for the gear info. Sounds like it'll cost me around a grand, maybe a bit more, to fill out my gear (including helmet). Yikes.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Hey thanks to everyone for the gear info. Sounds like it'll cost me around a grand, maybe a bit more, to fill out my gear (including helmet). Yikes.
Yep it's pretty expensive, which is why it's nice that most leagues let goalies play for free.

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3

Any chance you're in the Detroit metro area? I might have some stuff you could use.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

California :(

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3
Is that near Michigan?

coldwind
Apr 8, 2007

Don't worry, Tyler Myers is holding it for you...

nahanahs posted:

Is that near Michigan?
It's walking distance.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
Bounced back from a lovely game on Wednesday and won 4-3 tonight. Gave up two bad goals on breakaways where I committed too early and took myself out of the play, but overall I played fine.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Started playing league hockey again a couple weeks ago and tonight I got my first ever shutout (in non-pickup play). My team didn't give up much to be honest. Three games in and they've yet to allow a breakaway. That being said, I made a huge two pad stack on a cross crease pass, and i managed to play half the game with a broken stick (surreptitiously, didn't want the refs to notice) because I didn't have a spare.

Need to go get a new stick, but I'm pretty pumped about playing nets again.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!
Had one of my better nights out in a while, this game ended up closing out an undefeated season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQJSBEynKX4

A little birdie told me the new Warrior pads might not see retail till early next year....not exactly fall. I'm starting to eye the CCM pads cause I'm itching for new gear.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Your glove is on the wrong hand!

Is that a GoPro?

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

Your glove is on the wrong hand!

Is that a GoPro?

Correct Hero2, I'll probably pick up a hero 3+ when they get this lens focus thing sorted out.

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Got our 2nd win in a row tonight.

Let in 2 kinda soft goals but it was one of those nights where I didn't see many pucks, and the ones I did see were weird off-speed floaty crap that just screwed up my timing.

One was a soft short from above the dot that was lifted in and bounced right in front of me. I went to grab it with my glove and I mis-timed it and instead knocked it out slightly in front of me where a guy from the other team was on my doorstep and just knocked it in.

The 2nd goal was a weird deflection that went off one of our D to another guy in the slot and I didn't move over enough to cover the angle and he just beat me blocker side.

I felt a little poo poo about those two goals but thankfully my team pulled ahead and we didn't give them many shots in the 3rd.

It is really nice having my teammates compliment me that it's nice to finally have a decent goalie for our team since earlier this season we've gone through 2 terrible goalies.

UnmaskedGremlin
May 28, 2002

titanium posted:

Correct Hero2, I'll probably pick up a hero 3+ when they get this lens focus thing sorted out.

Do you have any special case for the gopro? I've had arguments with my teammates that it will last in net, citing videos I've seen, including yours, but they won't have it!

Also, one of my leagues I'm riding a 2 game shutout streak, and a .935 and 1.25 GAA in the last 4 games. Feeling pretty good, although we're going through a swing of not the greatest teams. Another league had a battle for first tonight, we lost 6-5. Felt like I had a decent night, but we gave up a ton of breakaways, and lost coverage a few times and they buried chances. Kept us in the game late with two post to post saves, but we couldn't get one with me pulled. I did get an assist though!

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3

titanium posted:

Don't do it. Mine was broken by a 5'1" female goalie firing off a basic shot. It broke the power button, won't connect to a computer anymore and randomly goes from a full charge to empty in a few minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxkDuEn0gbs

I recall you posting a video of some former NHLer or something ringing a slapshot off yours with no ill effect. I imagine that would have exploded mine into lego pieces.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
I had a followup appointment with my doctor today and he did a neurological examination to check my recovery. During the test where I follow a moving finger with my eyes and he moved his finger to the right (the side I was hit on), I experienced some very minor dizziness and he noted my right eye "jumped" a bit, which indicates that I'm still recovering from my concussion. I was planning on going to a skills session skate tonight, but I'm probably going to skip that now.

He also did another test that was interesting. He shined a light inside of my ears and was looking for signs of trauma behind my ear drums, which could indicate a skull fracture. It's interesting to see all of the different tests they do for head injuries and it feels like the more I know, the more I realize how much I don't know.

I also found out that I've been using my inhaler wrong for my entire life. I was doing most of the steps, but not properly, so I'm curious to see if using my inhaler properly will have any impact on my performance.

I've also had some contact with Jerry Wright, guy who originally designed the 961 and used to make Itech's pro masks, about ordering a mask from him. My current mask is still good, but I've never been happy with how the chin cup fit and I need to send it in for some maintenance soon, I'm debating getting a new mask and then sending in my current mask to have some work done on it and maybe get painted.

titanium
Mar 11, 2004

NONE SHALL PASS!

nahanahs posted:

Don't do it. Mine was broken by a 5'1" female goalie firing off a basic shot. It broke the power button, won't connect to a computer anymore and randomly goes from a full charge to empty in a few minutes.

I recall you posting a video of some former NHLer or something ringing a slapshot off yours with no ill effect. I imagine that would have exploded mine into lego pieces.

Thats with the new case though right? I intended to use the older 3 case for hockey stuff the new case for motorcycle stuff.

You should also solder up the power button so that it wont cave in on the gopro.

titanium fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Nov 20, 2013

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

nahanahs posted:

Wow, my Hero2 took a slapper from one of my teammates during warmup and it simply broke a connector on the case and once I bought a new one of those it was back to being fine.

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3

titanium posted:

You should also solder up the power button so that it wont cave in on the gopro.

I will do nothing of the kind, as I have no working gopro :(

Someone smarter than me take a look at this and tell me if it'd be any good. It looks interesting:

Blackstone A-Trap Skate Sharpening System

Glambags
Dec 28, 2003

So I got a set of those Option B velcro skate straps, I skate tomorrow night so I'll report back with how they work out. I've installed them and tried on the skates, they feel good and it's nice to be able to fine tune tightness at different parts of the boot. I suppose the best part is being able to get the skates on and ready to go within 20 seconds.

I was also doing a bit of ebay browsing and came across these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121218932659

Is this a diamond in the rough great deal or did this fall off a truck/this is a scam? I wasn't really planning on getting new pads for a few months (also I'm not in love with the baby blue, although I guess you could paint over it or have it removed/restitched with another color) but if this is as much of a steal as it seems I might have to reconsider. Thoughts?

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

nahanahs posted:

I will do nothing of the kind, as I have no working gopro :(

Someone smarter than me take a look at this and tell me if it'd be any good. It looks interesting:

Blackstone A-Trap Skate Sharpening System

They were telling me about this at one of the rinks in town. I was going to give it a shot with my new step steel, but after reading that I doubt the local rink got a 3mm spinner and I have 3mm runners.

nahanahs
Mar 26, 2003

<3 Shantastic <3

Bradf0rd posted:

They were telling me about this at one of the rinks in town. I was going to give it a shot with my new step steel, but after reading that I doubt the local rink got a 3mm spinner and I have 3mm runners.

I've become pretty reliant on a combination of a SkateMate and a Sweet Stick to the point that even fresh sharpenings aren't sharp enough for me. If I did this, I imagine my SkateMate/Sweet Stick combo wouldn't work anymore.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

EvilJimmyCarter posted:

So I got a set of those Option B velcro skate straps, I skate tomorrow night so I'll report back with how they work out. I've installed them and tried on the skates, they feel good and it's nice to be able to fine tune tightness at different parts of the boot. I suppose the best part is being able to get the skates on and ready to go within 20 seconds.

I was also doing a bit of ebay browsing and came across these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/121218932659

Is this a diamond in the rough great deal or did this fall off a truck/this is a scam? I wasn't really planning on getting new pads for a few months (also I'm not in love with the baby blue, although I guess you could paint over it or have it removed/restitched with another color) but if this is as much of a steal as it seems I might have to reconsider. Thoughts?

I'm very curious to see how those work out for you. They seem like a really good idea and the feedback on them so far has been really positive. As for the pads, those are original Subzeros that have been cleaned up and that price is the right range for used pads.

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...
The pegs and screws on my mask had rusted and fused together. I finally decided to address that last night and after CLR, penetrating spray, and drilling them out didn't work, I gave in and took my mask to an automotive shop and for $20, they were able to cut out all of the rusted screws. It was around another $20 for a new chin cup, chin strap, and screws and $10 for the spray adhesive that I needed to reattach part of the foam. Granted I spent more money on a drill and some other stuff to try and fix my mask, but I can at least take that back. At least everything is nearly back together now and I did make sure to spray all of the metal hardware with a water-resistant lubricant, so if I do that and loosen and retighten the screws periodically, then hopefully this won't be such a nightmare the next around and if it is, then at least I know who to take it to.

Bradf0rd
Jun 16, 2008

Agent of Chaos

EvilJimmyCarter posted:

That looks like a bit of a diamond in the rough. If they'll fit I say go for it.

nahanahs posted:

I've become pretty reliant on a combination of a SkateMate and a Sweet Stick to the point that even fresh sharpenings aren't sharp enough for me. If I did this, I imagine my SkateMate/Sweet Stick combo wouldn't work anymore.

Dang, how sharp are you going now? They look at me all goofy when I want a 1/2" radius down here.

Aniki posted:

The pegs and screws on my mask had rusted and fused together. I finally decided to address that last night and after CLR, penetrating spray, and drilling them out didn't work, I gave in and took my mask to an automotive shop and for $20, they were able to cut out all of the rusted screws. It was around another $20 for a new chin cup, chin strap, and screws and $10 for the spray adhesive that I needed to reattach part of the foam. Granted I spent more money on a drill and some other stuff to try and fix my mask, but I can at least take that back. At least everything is nearly back together now and I did make sure to spray all of the metal hardware with a water-resistant lubricant, so if I do that and loosen and retighten the screws periodically, then hopefully this won't be such a nightmare the next around and if it is, then at least I know who to take it to.

I try to disassemble and clean my mask with dish soap and water at least every other month. Partially to prevent this and partially to keep the mask from becoming nasty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aniki
Mar 21, 2001

Wouldn't fit...

Bradf0rd posted:

I try to disassemble and clean my mask with dish soap and water at least every other month. Partially to prevent this and partially to keep the mask from becoming nasty.

I need to do that going forward. I don't want a repeat of this even if I know what to do now.

• Locked thread