Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Actually, I don't think healers are quite as bad as a lot of people say. I've been using one in arena for weeks now simply to get the bonuses, but even when they're good they're still boring. Which is a much bigger problem for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So what's the consensus on this Minerva lady? Just managed to pull a 5 star her on my last couple orbs. Is she probably better than Hawkeye? Life and death looks pretty decent to me but I'm not terribly well versed in what's what. Although now all I need to do is feather up lilina and I'll have a pretty good 5 star team I think

Hauteclere means she hits like a drat truck even without life/death. She's the third fastest green without it as well. Her low res is somewhat mitigated by Hauteclere and her special that reduces ranged damage. Definitely up there for one of the best greens on offense. Since she's a flyer she's not the best on defense though.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Clarste posted:

Actually, I don't think healers are quite as bad as a lot of people say. I've been using one in arena for weeks now simply to get the bonuses, but even when they're good they're still boring. Which is a much bigger problem for me.

They're fine units but there are really only two ur-healers, a mounted healer and an infantry healer. I think that being unexciting is actually worse than being weak; Jaffar is bad but I'd still be happy to add one to my team, whereas I actively try to avoid putting a new healer on my roster since they have no draw to them. Dissuading people from rolling on the gacha is the cardinal sin a new unit can commit, and if they don't change healers then every healer will unavoidably do it.

Pokemaster #421 posted:

So what's the consensus on this Minerva lady? Just managed to pull a 5 star her on my last couple orbs. Is she probably better than Hawkeye? Life and death looks pretty decent to me but I'm not terribly well versed in what's what. Although now all I need to do is feather up lilina and I'll have a pretty good 5 star team I think

Minerva's pretty good, mostly because she's flexible. Hauteclere can do almost anything by switching proc skills. Her base setup is pretty good, she struggles with archers and mages but her hp pool is pretty deep and she's very fast so sacred cowl generally lets her survive going in to do her job. I think the quickfix for her is to throw on Renewal/Bowbreaker and Threaten Speed/Defense. But you could completely rebuild her using Darting Blow/Fury and a more offensive proc skill if you wanted to.

Pokemaster #421
Jul 14, 2005

For a swift one at the wrist, down on the old main drag.
Thanks for the Minerva input everyone! Given her larger movement range I'm really starting to lean towards death blow and maybe desperation for the b skill. Desperation only works if you're doubling though right? Otherwise I was thinking of tossing it on eldigan but since his speed isn't the highest he usually only gets one attack

Hmm so much to take into consideration now. If only I knew what playstyle I might actually be good at. Again thanks everyone!

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Since Ursula is gonna drop off the bonus list whenever the blazing sword banner is done, would it work to give MRobin the blarblade I gave her? His attack is trash but I dunno if colorless advantage is super useful now that takumi isn't near as prevalent.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

GLAAD trash bags posted:

Since Ursula is gonna drop off the bonus list whenever the blazing sword banner is done, would it work to give MRobin the blarblade I gave her? His attack is trash but I dunno if colorless advantage is super useful now that takumi isn't near as prevalent.
Linde is a better Blarblade user than MRobin if you have her. Also, don't trash Ursula. She's fairly decent for a cav unit and you can't pull any other copies of her!

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I got a Lachesis and I haven't even touched her when I have a level 40 3* Azama.

Healers are just so boring. :(

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
You would think I'd have Linde by now with the amount of blue pulls I make. :eng99:
I guess I can just go for triangle adept for MRobin, it's a neat niche for him.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

GLAAD trash bags posted:

The bonus units don't change until the week after the banner changes, to give people time to draw the new heroes. So hold onto her for another week at least.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

GLAAD trash bags posted:

Colorless adv. is still useful IMO, I still see quite a few archers and Kageros/Jaffars running around. I would also argue that the +2 isn't worth the slowdown on his special, since more often he will be able to blow one unit away than kill something with the +2 (he isn't doubling much anyway).

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Blarblade would be way more than +2 Atk if you actually use its bonus at all. That said, Robin's Spd is also kind of mediocre, so he wouldn't make nearly as good of a nuker as even Ursula. He's stacked mostly towards being a physically tanky mage, which Blarraven helps with since it means he can tank the physical ranged units.

Edit: Okay, I'm just gonna say his Spd is bad. 29 is a terrible number for Spd. Fight me.

Clarste fucked around with this message at 06:40 on Mar 28, 2017

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Yeah MRobin's stats are very carefully distributed to fill a very specific niche and that niche is better off with his default tome than blarblade

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009

Clarste posted:

The bonus units don't change until the week after the banner changes, to give people time to draw the new heroes. So hold onto her for another week at least.

Does this mean I can still use my same team of Eirika, Sharena, Nino, and Rebecca this coming week? This was the first week where I had to struggle to get a good bonus unit and I was lucky enough to get Rebecca after a few pulls

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Does this mean I can still use my same team of Eirika, Sharena, Nino, and Rebecca this coming week? This was the first week where I had to struggle to get a good bonus unit and I was lucky enough to get Rebecca after a few pulls

You should be able to, unless I horribly miscounted something.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
What's the strongest team I could make to run the 9-5 Lunatic challenge with? The team displayed is the one I've had the best luck with so far, but I get overwhelmed too quickly and invariably lose a unit.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

dragon enthusiast posted:

What's the strongest team I could make to run the 9-5 Lunatic challenge with? The team displayed is the one I've had the best luck with so far, but I get overwhelmed too quickly and invariably lose a unit.

Your best team is a blessing of light

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

dragon enthusiast posted:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Nowi is for Xander, Roy is for Veronica, and Camilla is for that one blue mage and/or to clean up the healers? I feel like Sanaki might do better against Veronica than Roy since you can bait her for a ranged counter, and Takumi doesn't seem to be doing much for you at all. Ninian might be better than him just for the dancing (for example you could bait Veronica on turn one, finish her off on turn two if she's still alive, and dance her out of the danger zone). It's difficult for me to imagine exactly how the battle would play out though.

Edit: I have no idea how well Effie would be able to hold Xander off.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
If I remember my 9-5 run right Xander is a wall on a horse to a ridiculous degree, but against a lancer it should be fine cause his attack is meh, took my Abel 2 rounds against him after baiting him first turn.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GLAAD trash bags posted:

If I remember my 9-5 run right Xander is a wall on a horse to a ridiculous degree, but against a lancer it should be fine cause his attack is meh, took my Abel 2 rounds against him after baiting him first turn.

Nowi destroys Xander since his resistance is really low

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Well, either way Nowi is probably better because his Res is crap.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Got it after replacing Roy with Sanaki and Takumi with Ninian. Dancing let me bait out the mages super early and having two blue units let me have better weapon triangle matchups. Camilla ended up not doing much other than kiting the blue mage away from Sanaki.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Good.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Clarste posted:

Rehabilitate is also in a league of its own compared to the other heals too.

I feel like we are due for a skill pass but they are going to be really shy about it since inherits are now here.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
please love yourself and use a blessing of light

I have like 15 of these. It's a good exchange for 2 yummy orbs.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I just pulled out a monster 3 games with my Hana/Nino/Kagero/Fir lineup with nobody dying to Advanced teams hopefully this keeps up

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846618669052407808

We're getting bunny ear Ike for Easter, I guess?

My favorite comment: "No, not like this..."

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

hell yeah

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
How many Lucinas do we really need?

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
It's going to be a Lucina, isn't it? She's going to be like the Go's Pikachu. New event? SLAP A HAT ON HER!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I will roll on the bunny contest winner banner

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Lucina won the female side of the poll, so y'all should have known we'd be getting another version of her. I'm curious to see if the special versions of her, Roy and Lyn have different skills from the ones already in the game or if the difference is purely cosmetic.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Grozz Nuy posted:

Lucina won the female side of the poll, so y'all should have known we'd be getting another version of her. I'm curious to see if the special versions of her, Roy and Lyn have different skills from the ones already in the game or if the difference is purely cosmetic.

Lucina came second.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Grozz Nuy posted:

She came second on the poll. She won the fixed tourney thing we had earlier. Eitherway, brace for her and Bunny-boy Ike.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't see Ike and the female character looks like she's holding a staff/egg.

Tbh I see Chrom and his nude shoulder.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I'm so excited for more swordlords and healers

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Either way, a focus banner with 4 reds sounds extremely underwhelming so I hope there's another one alongside it.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't see Ike and the female character looks like she's holding a staff/egg.

Tbh I see Chrom and his nude shoulder.

Yeah, it's Chrom and Lucina w/ prop egg.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Chrom's shoulders getting narrower and narrrower.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
That hair looks pretty Marthy to me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Clarste posted:

https://twitter.com/FE_Heroes_JP/status/846618669052407808

We're getting bunny ear Ike for Easter, I guess?

If we're lucky.