Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Peanut Butler posted:

I know it's to make his staunch supporters get all riled up but lol that he's been signal-boosting this idea more than anyone else

It's that and the usual manipulation of liberal sensibilities, an expression of patronizing exasperation at the crude protest of the unenlightened masses, something any bourgeois person can easily identify with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

sleeptalker posted:

It's that and the usual manipulation of liberal sensibilities, an expression of patronizing exasperation at the crude protest of the unenlightened masses, something any bourgeois person can easily identify with.

that tracks, yeah- it's just not even all that crude, and makes him look terrible to the vast majority of people who have no idea who he is until someone retweets him or something- weeks later, "oh can't remember where I saw this but isn't he the guy who provides kill lists to a Nazi-sounding group?"

it's advertisement priming but for making people think he's a shithead, except for folks who think that's cool and good who I think he might be trying to build more cred with? idk but it's a constant self-own

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Peanut Butler posted:

that tracks, yeah- it's just not even all that crude, and makes him look terrible to the vast majority of people who have no idea who he is until someone retweets him or something- weeks later, "oh can't remember where I saw this but isn't he the guy who provides kill lists to a Nazi-sounding group?"

it's advertisement priming but for making people think he's a shithead, except for folks who think that's cool and good who I think he might be trying to build more cred with? idk but it's a constant self-own

He's doing that conservative-whiner thing of screeching endlessly about how much he's a victim of everyone and everything, and also the fascism-paradox thing of portraying some exaggerated strawman foe as harmless/stupid/childish while also menacing/terrifying.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Peanut Butler posted:

I know it's to make his staunch supporters get all riled up but lol that he's been signal-boosting this idea more than anyone else

he is unemployed

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

a.lo posted:

wait are you a conservative?

wha?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
it's a hilarious "ha ha ur a pedophile" straight out of nowhere, hth

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Peanut Butler posted:

“Andy ngo eats fascist rear end” followed by cartoon depiction of said act

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Alan Smithee posted:

“Andy ngo eats fascist rear end” followed by cartoon depiction of said act

Washington Post headline: "Antifa harasses small, gay, asian and alone Journalist Andy Ngo with homophobic attacks"

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
lmao good get hosed ngo

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:
just a big banner of Andy ngo photoshopped onto a baby being nursed by Michelle Malkin

nothing homophobic about that

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/coherentstates/status/1191148639277572098

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
richard spencer having a supervillain / hitler-level meltdown after cville

https://twitter.com/atheist_cvnt/status/1191157832546041856

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8ZG2CSWypI&t=136s

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 03:22 on Nov 4, 2019

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

god i can feel, like, even the cops cringing at this poo poo

like maybe it's what they believe too, but not really making the old rhetoric checks this time

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Milo just dumping his blackmail material for free now. I guess none of his buddies think he’s worth paying to keep quiet any more.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

Lmao at this dweeb using the word "octaroon" in a tantrum

Egbert Souse
Nov 6, 2008

It's kind of scary how after all this time the send-ups of Hitler in the 40s are exactly what Nazis sound like even today.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

cool dance moves posted:

racists made that word so of course they like it?

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i haven't followed this tpusa vs. alt-right war closely enough but i'm just going to say it has something to do with it probably

why not

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Has the Spencer Speech been synced to Downfall yet

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Egbert Souse posted:

It's kind of scary how after all this time the send-ups of Hitler in the 40s are exactly what Nazis sound like even today.
if you can stomach the "stalin is the greatest man who ever lived" stuff i would recommend the soviet film "fall of berlin" which has the most accurate portrait of hitler next to the one in downfall

you think they're exaggerating but no, the russians knew what was up

make sure to turn on subtitles

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-hZam8dXHU&t=2153s

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

BraveUlysses posted:

racists made that word so of course they like it?

academic leftist made the word "problematic" but it was never one that should have been used outside of an academic context and i'm glad it seems to have gone away

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

i love how it sounds like the unhinged monologue of the "calm and composed bad guy" from some video game/movie before he gets a hollow point in the head followed by a pithy one liner. but seriously. this is what nazis/altright/altlight believe. they are all mediocare shitfucks who want the world to bend the knee to them because they are white and or rich and thats it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Kamau Bell, sharing a cup of coffee with this guy and giggling like a schoolgirl

e: tee hee!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2-xrz2w7FI

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

How small is this guys dick anyways? Wow

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
he was filmed in DC trying to show people his small pepe

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

richard spencer having a supervillain / hitler-level meltdown after cville

https://twitter.com/atheist_cvnt/status/1191157832546041856

boy

I wonder what Milo's plan is here

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Grondoth posted:

boy

probably revenge for some stupid poo poo. nazis are petty loving assholes by nature, just look at trump and most of the OG ones.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hodgepodge posted:

academic leftist made the word "problematic" but it was never one that should have been used outside of an academic context and i'm glad it seems to have gone away

What is the appropriate academic context for discussing blood quantums and the pollution of the white race, exactly?

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Pretty loving disgusting. Who walks around with a bottle full of battery acid? Disturbing story.

https://twitter.com/TonyAtkinsTV/status/1190718823609065473

edit: more info https://heavy.com/news/2019/11/milwaukee-acid-attack-video-mahud-villalaz/

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Grondoth posted:

boy

Blackmail material that failed to make any money? Or just a desperate bid to get some media attention?

Remember how he was posting on facebook several times an hour when it looked like that newspaper mass shooter was a fan of his?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Bullfrog posted:

Pretty loving disgusting. Who walks around with a bottle full of battery acid? Disturbing story.

https://twitter.com/TonyAtkinsTV/status/1190718823609065473

The right wing constantly complaining about acid attacks and the possibility of milkshakes being acid is... well, it was projection. It always was projection, it always will be projection, they fear the application of violence against them because they crave the ability to be violent without consequence

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

Blackmail material that failed to make any money? Or just a desperate bid to get some media attention?

Remember how he was posting on facebook several times an hour when it looked like that newspaper mass shooter was a fan of his?

Yeah I think this is likely, Milo has been complaining for something like a year now about how broke he is and how nobody will "help" him

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

What is the appropriate academic context for discussing blood quantums and the pollution of the white race, exactly?

advanced phrenology

also i'm not sure you took my point there, a group of people who created a term don't automatically ignore whether or not it makes you sound like a complete dweeb when you use it.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Related :qq:

https://www.cbs19news.com/content/news/City-asks-court-to-dismiss-Kesslers-lawsuit-563989191.html

quote:

CHARLOTTESVILLE, Va. (CBS19 NEWS) -- Attorneys for the city of Charlottesville are asking a federal court to dismiss a lawsuit brought by Jason Kessler.

In the lawsuit, Kessler claims that the city violated his rights of free speech by allowing counter-protesters to disrupt the Unite the Right rally on Aug. 12, 2017.

Kessler named the city, City Manager Tarron Richardson, former Charlottesville Police Chief Al Thomas, former City Manager Maurice Jones and Virginia State Trooper Becky Crannis-Curl as defendants.

He claims that the Charlottesville Police Department and Virginia State Police allowed violence to happen to make it easier for them to declare an unlawful assembly and clear the park. Kessler claims that they did this because police disagreed with the message being promoted by the Alt-Right.

In a response filed on Oct. 25, attorney Richard Milner argued that the lawsuit should be dismissed. Milner said Kessler's First Amendment rights were not violated because the First Amendment does not protect violence.

Milner also disagreed with Kessler's argument that the city deliberately silenced him because of the content of his message.

"An unlawful assembly was declared, and the entire crowd, protesters and counter-protesters, dispersed," Milner wrote. "The dispersal order in the face of violence was a content- and viewpoint-neutral restriction on speech."

Kessler is asking for compensatory damages in an amount to be shown at trial. He is also requesting attorney fees and an unspecified amount of punitive damages.

No trial date has been set.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If blackmail is involved, releasing something damaging proves that he's willing to do it. If he can't release information without making himself look bad, potential blackmail targets could think he's just bluffing. This shows that he's willing to hurt 'the cause' for personal gain.

A simpler explanation would be revenge. He can't make a living at the alt-right grift anymore, so there's nothing stopping him from blowing it up to get back at people who slighted him. They aren't an LGBT+ friendly group, so I'm sure lots of them did insult him while grudgingly working with him.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Grondoth posted:

boy

Probably bumming a cigarette.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Money for a sandwich?
Burner phone?
One way cab fare to the laundromat?

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I saw Gorka denouncing Nick Fuentes with Michelle Mallon hacking him. Looks like the alt lite is about to have a fight with the alt right.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Facebook Aunt posted:

If blackmail is involved, releasing something damaging proves that he's willing to do it. If he can't release information without making himself look bad, potential blackmail targets could think he's just bluffing. This shows that he's willing to hurt 'the cause' for personal gain.

A simpler explanation would be revenge. He can't make a living at the alt-right grift anymore, so there's nothing stopping him from blowing it up to get back at people who slighted him. They aren't an LGBT+ friendly group, so I'm sure lots of them did insult him while grudgingly working with him.

It’s obvious that Milo was an amoral psycho from the start so it would be great and fitting if the nazis trusted him to keep their confidence.

I hope no news outlet paid him money for that. Although it would be funny if the most he could get was $20.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

cool dance moves posted:

Spencer can only dream of being a Zauber user.