Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

demonR6 posted:

Are you a Texas-stlye purist?
No, I'm from Arkansas which is right in the middle of the holy BBQ triangle of Texas, Memphis, and Kansas City. The BBQ I grew up with had lots of influences, but Carolina BBQ is haram IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

demonR6 posted:

I was never a fan of cole slaw until I had this sandwich a local deli makes that uses it. It's a home made recipe that was really good, but still I only ever eat it when I have that sandwich because otherwise I don't touch it.

I feel the same way about sauerkraut unless its from http://kramarczuks.com/

All threads eventually derail into food chat

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

CompeAnansi posted:

drat yankee's don't know what you're talking about. Also, I'm not actually from the south.
I am from the south :colbert:

Also I hope you're fine with never having good BBQ while you're in NYC. If it exists then I can't find it. They can't even do fried catfish right.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Uranium 235 posted:

No, I'm from Arkansas which is right in the middle of the holy BBQ triangle of Texas, Memphis, and Kansas City. The BBQ I grew up with had lots of influences, but Carolina BBQ is haram IMO.

Sherman didn't burn NC like the other states because its barbecue was good enough.

Checkmate.

Uranium 235 posted:

Also I hope you're fine with never having good BBQ while you're in NYC. If it exists then I can't find it. They can't even do fried catfish right.

Tried Virgil's?

A) No.
B) I am wrong about food.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Guys, before we tear ourselves apart, let's remember that EU goons don't have a clue what good barbecue is. lol at their poor souls.

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

Uranium 235 posted:

If that is the price we have to pay for not living in the kentucky fried third world, then it is acceptable.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Uranium 235 posted:

Guys, before we tear ourselves apart, let's remember that EU goons don't have a clue what good barbecue is. lol at their poor souls.

Who gives a crap about BBQ. (Although US is good at it, I prefer the Korean BBQ).
Speaking of food, this is for Dandy. A classic Swedish delicacy.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

If I am going to put planet fiber on my pulled meat sandwich i'll take plain cabbage over coleslaw.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

I can feel my arteries hardening just looking at that.

Also- I was never a big coleslaw fan until my wife made bleu cheese coleslaw. It is like crack. GOD it is good.

Victor Surge
Feb 2, 2006

If Thomson hadn't disabled the louts' aeroplanes with well tossed wrenches, I dare say those uncouth vandals would have made off with your victuals and garments.
So just skimming though the large number of recent replies, I take it that pulled pork is either the new American premium heavy or it is a new consumable for southern American tank crews that make them immune to HE damage.

Also NC BBQ, worst BBQ...contextually of course.

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

BadLlama posted:

If I am going to put planet fiber on my pulled meat sandwich i'll take plain cabbage over coleslaw.

Planet fiber :catstare:

Big boy ain't ya.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

Cardiac posted:

Speaking of food, this is for Dandy. A classic Swedish delicacy.

is that red stuff salsa?

Jack_tripper fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 11, 2015

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

unlawfulsoup posted:

I refuse to eat anything named 'slaw'.

You also dont eat anything which has a vowel in the name

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
I am from South Carolina. Carolina-style BBQ sauce is not good. I like chipotle+honey on my BBQ because I enjoy things that taste good. That is also why coleslaw is gross. Coleslaw can go join picked okra and canned corn beef hash in the smelly awful food corner.

Also Google autocorrect, chipotle is not spelled chipolte. What the gently caress.

E: the only good thing Hitler ever did was attempt to eradicate the slavv.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
SO HOW ABOUT THAT CAMPAIGN FOLKS!
:holymoley:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Mesadoram posted:

SO HOW ABOUT THAT CAMPAIGN FOLKS!
:holymoley:

gently caress the campaign and gently caress your lovely taste in food.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

subhelios posted:

Planet fiber :catstare:

Big boy ain't ya.

The biggest and smelliest.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon

Uranium 235 posted:

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsUwJhpVoIU

euro bbq (sorta nws I guess)

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jun 11, 2015

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Uranium 235 posted:

New York City can never have good BBQ.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

gently caress the campaign and gently caress your lovely taste in food.

:smith:

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Victor Surge posted:

So just skimming though the large number of recent replies, I take it that pulled pork is either the new American premium heavy or it is a new consumable for southern American tank crews that make them immune to HE damage.

Also NC BBQ, worst BBQ...contextually of course.

NC BBQ is like trying to play the Churchill VII. Nearly universally picked on but really pulls through despite sounding like poo poo.

I had one the other day. I took the first bite and came. With each bite after, I chewed slowly and swallowed, savoring each morsel. After each swallow, I muttered "gently caress hellsau and his pork treachery." I kept the plate on the wall, knowing that my grandkids will inherit it some day.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Jun 11, 2015

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Don't worry I love you still even if the campaign is going to be a disaster just like vinegar based BBQ sauces.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Hellsau posted:

Don't worry I love you still even if the campaign is going to be a disaster just like vinegar based BBQ sauces.

The rules list gave me a great laugh. Also I want salt and vinegar chips now...

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
I live in Austin, TX. So, I feel as though I should weigh in here. Therefore...

:goonsay:

Seriously though, we call in bulk orders to Franklin BBQ at my office every other month or so (because I'm not some hipster scrub who sits in line for 4 hours for food). Their brisket is really great, but their other offerings not so much. Of course, that's all relative because there's just too many good BBQ places in and around Austin it's ridiculous. :smugdog:

TX BBQ = real BBQ

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

I don't get it. That's a chili dog and chili isn't BBQ.

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

I think it's more along the lines of "We are the masters of carnivore culinarism *spills meat stew inside a sausage sandwich*"

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

scamtank posted:

I think it's more along the lines of "We are the masters of carnivore culinarism *spills meat stew inside a sausage sandwich*"
Oh, that doesn't make sense at all.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Uranium 235 posted:

Real men eat spam fritter and chips with curry sauce.

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon

Uranium 235 posted:

I don't get it. That's a chili dog and chili isn't BBQ.

Jack_tripper
Jun 7, 2009

wow spray cheese and a kraft single? that's some gourmet poo poo right there

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Leave doobie out of this

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

poor euros don't even know how to hot dog

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Jack_tripper posted:

is that red stuff salsa?

No, lingon berries.
This is palt, which basically is shredded potatoes along with flour boiled into a clump with some fried pork in the middle.
You eat it by cutting the top off, adding some butter there and let it melt and then you enjoy it with some lingonberry jam.
What remains after you have eaten your fill, can be saved for another day, at which time you cut the ball into slices and fry it in butter.

buckets of buckets
Apr 8, 2012

CHECK OUT MY AWESOME POSTS
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=114&perpage=40#post447051278

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3681373&pagenumber=91&perpage=40#post444280066

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3818944&pagenumber=196&perpage=40#post472627338

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3788178&pagenumber=405&perpage=40#post474195694

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3831643&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post475694634
are they reworking arty? I've never seen a mechanic in any game that rewards scrubs so much. It's like if you could play purely as the cruise missile in cod

Foxtrot_13
Oct 31, 2013
Ask me about my love of genocide denial!

Uranium 235 posted:

poor euros don't even know how to hot dog

Why do you need a hot dog when you can have fish and chips

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

Foxtrot_13 posted:

Why do you need a hot dog when you can have fish and chips

fish and chips is really good

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Bitter Mushroom posted:

are they reworking arty? I've never seen a mechanic in any game that rewards scrubs so much. It's like if you could play purely as the cruise missile in cod

Haha, good joke bro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

Muldoon
slaw dog