Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Who What Now posted:

Wait, is he the one that couldn't do the fishing side quest?

Yeah, that was him, although now that I've looked, it was back in his Joystiq days.

Awful Squad happening now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7er7EQYyxYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serf
May 5, 2011

Man, Joystiq ruled. That used to be the only site I went to for game news.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I remember when one of my roommates was first getting into TAZ, he asked if they did anything else besides MBMBaM. I said Justin and Griffin did stuff for Polygon, and he grimaced and groaned at that. And he wasn't even a GamerGater. Once I got him to watch Monster Factory and Car Boys, he's been a bit more positive about Polygon, but he still doesn't do much that doesn't involve Griffin.

Zeeman posted:

Yeah, that was him, although now that I've looked, it was back in his Joystiq days.

Awful Squad happening now: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7er7EQYyxYw

Aw, dang. I'm at work. Has any of Russ' training ostensibly paid off?

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003

SpacePig posted:

Aw, dang. I'm at work. Has any of Russ' training ostensibly paid off?

Russ is running a custom game with all guns, melee weapons, and vehicles turned off, so there's just a field full of dudes punching each other.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

tbf to Russ PLUNKBAT is pretty hard

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

This Awful Squad is basically Peacecraft 2

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
The only thing better than Polygon figuring their niche out in weird games journalism is Nintendo fully leaning into their own rep.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009
also when you capture a thing it's still bad.

just look at pokemon. or should i say salverymon.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

sexpig by night posted:

The only thing better than Polygon figuring their niche out in weird games journalism is Nintendo fully leaning into their own rep.

I had some semi-long well thought out post comparing recent Polygon to early Giant Bomb, but screw it; let's just all watch and appreciate this instead.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Watching Russ switch his view around from player to player is even more frustrating than watching him play normally. Not a fan of the current setup so far...

EDIT: Okay I'm back on board. Since they turned off all weapons, all the remaining players (including Griffin currently) are participating in a Demolition Derby inside the final circle

EDIT2: He won! Great Job Griffin.

timp fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Jun 27, 2017

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

Soup du Jour posted:

This Awful Squad is basically Peacecraft 2

Apparently I avenged someone. I was just trying to do a hit :shrug:

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Nick noticed my Jomy Five Ace name and it gave me a Smile

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Second place team right here.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

mikeycp posted:

Second place team right here.

lol the Polygon team just ended a game with 60/100 players still in it because they all died.

They did talk it out and reason whether they should or not, and even polled the chat for input. It's probably the right move but it was still funny to listen to them do it.

Fake edit: and nvm anyways because it looks like that game keeps going even though the creator exited the game, so they get to keep playing after all!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

timp posted:

lol the Polygon team just ended a game with 60/100 players still in it because they all died.

They did talk it out and reason whether they should or not, and even polled the chat for input. It's probably the right move but it was still funny to listen to them do it.

Fake edit: and nvm anyways because it looks like that game keeps going even though the creator exited the game, so they get to keep playing after all!

It was the game before that. where masterleaf killed us all

Reformed Pissboy
Nov 6, 2003

The McElroys are not loving around about The Stupids fyi. Written by Brent Forrester, who also wrote The Lemon of Troy episode of The Simpsons and co-wrote the Audition and Pre-Taped Call-In Show sketches from Mr. Show. It owns

Reformed Pissboy fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jun 28, 2017

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Piell posted:

It's gone now, what was it?

Seconding this question. The Mysterious Nick Content must be explained

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-0B2J5pEY

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Reformed Pissboy posted:

The McElroys are not loving around about The Stupids fyi. Written by Brent Forrester, who also wrote The Lemon of Troy episode of The Simpsons and co-wrote the Audition and Pre-Taped Call-In Show sketches from Mr. Show. It owns
The Pre-Taped Call In show sketch is so good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhVbLJvYP8s

I think it is my favorite other than this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=54ks4vqtoZ4

Or this one in just how it predicted the future
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxMS59sxwxs

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

sexpig by night posted:

Also there was the Microsoft money drama at the very start of them when because they didn't stomp an Xbone on camera while shouting "gently caress THIS poo poo, gently caress THIS poo poo, gently caress THIS poo poo" that clearly meant they were in Big Microsoft's pocket despite constantly having similar reviews as everyone else did.

they got rightfully mocked for doing an xbone launch stream where they poo poo completely on it and said to buy a ps4, then put up 2 review scores for the launches of both consoles and had the xbone have a higher score.

also people were mocking polygon before it was even officially open because of the cringe worthy "making polygon" videos they released.

e: they also hired the dude who used to write for penny arcade, who in defense of dick wolves said rape is funny.

Roobanguy fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Jun 28, 2017

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Roobanguy posted:

e: they also hired the dude who used to write for penny arcade, who in defense of dick wolves said rape is funny.

The one thing I recall about that guy is him saying touching the PS4 controller was like touching a woman's breasts for the first time.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

That's Ben Kuchera, right? He's definitely said some objectionable stuff online. Can't say that I've ever read/watched any of his stuff on Polygon.

Chin Strap
Nov 24, 2002

I failed my TFLC Toxx, but I no longer need a double chin strap :buddy:
Pillbug

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

The one thing I recall about that guy is him saying touching the PS4 controller was like touching a woman's breasts for the first time.

Like a bag of sand

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
There was actually a frontpage article mocking Ben Kuchera, he was that obnoxious. I'm trying to remember what exactly pissed me off about Arthur Gies but now when you google it you just get gamergate poo poo.

It seems like everyone who gets in front of a camera these days at Polygon is alright though so it's all good.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Last night I had a dream that Justin McElroy streamed a video of his aquarium. He had a bunch of tadpoles he was raising and a single big fish named Foot who really did kind of resemble a foot. Justin would talk about his tadpoles a bit and then Foot would swallow one of them, and Justin would chastise Foot and just sort of scoop the tadpole out of its mouth with his finger while explaining, "he always barfs them out again but they probably don't like being swallowed." This happened several times.

Anyway I woke up unsure of whether that was derived from an actual obscure McElroy goof I had heard somewhere, and I had to ask my husband (who replied with "it's 6am" followed shortly by a thunderous snore).

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Where did Seaman figure into the dream?

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Gies was the reason I had to drop Idle Thumbs. He always come across as wholly unpleasant and outright annoyed by the other people on the podcast. Him stopping a conversation that the other hosts were having mid sentence and scolding them for using some term wrong or the other was enough for me to bail.

Edit: A wire may have gotten crossed in my memory.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Jun 28, 2017

Serf
May 5, 2011

Gies is a bad writer, and anytime I see him on the byline I do not click on that review.

Erwin
Feb 17, 2006

Warbird posted:

Gies was the reason I had to drop Idle Thumbs. He always come across as wholly unpleasant and outright annoyed by the other people on the podcast. Him stopping a conversation that the other hosts were having mid sentence and scolding them for using some term wrong or the other was enough for me to bail.

Arthur Gies isn't on Idle Thumbs :confused:

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Warbird posted:

Arthur Gies has never been on Idle Thumbs

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
You're thinking of Jeff Goldblum.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
jeff goldgame

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Looks like someone is in for a visit from Lord Hoistmas

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/880032728112136192

https://twitter.com/Lin_Manuel/status/880060500880441344

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

"Lin is bad, actually" - A Fool

Norse Code
Mar 10, 2007

DON'T AWOO - $350 PENALTY

Amazing

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Angry Diplomat posted:

Anyway I woke up unsure of whether that was derived from an actual obscure McElroy goof I had heard somewhere, and I had to ask my husband (who replied with "it's 6am" followed shortly by a thunderous snore).
"Hold on guys, let me go ask Syd"
"She says jesus"

Warbird
May 23, 2012

HolePisser1982 posted:

Arthur Gies has never been on Idle Thumbs

Huh, I could have sworn it was him. Granted, this was around 2013 (I think. Sometime around the time Ryan Davis died) so I'm very likely mistaken. Disregard.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kenny Logins posted:

"Hold on guys, let me go ask Syd"
"She says jesus"

I think it was only a few pages ago, but what is this from?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

I think it was only a few pages ago, but what is this from?

182, Yogi the Stareater.