Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

prometheusbound2 posted:

I do not, but that looks like a great mod to have.

Ah, I thought you might have accidentally activated it or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
I've probably lost it for good, since I decided to reinstall this game. Is MO2 still the way to go?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Smol posted:

I've probably lost it for good, since I decided to reinstall this game. Is MO2 still the way to go?

Yeah.

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Is there a good Special Edition alternative to Enhanced Camera?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

I just noticed that some alternative perk overhauls to SPERG/Ordinator have popped up during the years. Gotta figure out which one to use, I'm currently reading up on Vokrii.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

all of them :unsmigghh:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Smol posted:

I just noticed that some alternative perk overhauls to SPERG/Ordinator have popped up during the years. Gotta figure out which one to use, I'm currently reading up on Vokrii.

In case you think he's joking.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/26702

Smol posted:

Is there a good Special Edition alternative to Enhanced Camera?

This
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/41252

using this preset
https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/41636

is pretty good.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
gently caress yeah, macuahuitls!

Skywind is gonna come out someday, right?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Yeah, a little after Morroblivion finishes up

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Well something that is probably coming out rather soon (probably within the next few months, give or take I'd wager) is Cities of the North: Falkreath, the final COTN minor city overhaul from JPSteel2. He's posted some screenshots of what the architecture is going to look like and it's coming along nicely from the look of things:

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
That first screenshot makes it look like someone built a tiny tiny hobbit house on top of another house.

Actually, there's a mod idea: a tiny doll-house sized player housing that you would place on the back of the fast-travel carts and that leads to the same cell no matter from where you're entering, like you're taking a mobile home with you wherever you go.

Commander Keene
Dec 21, 2016

Faster than the others

Cardiovorax posted:

That first screenshot makes it look like someone built a tiny tiny hobbit house on top of another house.

Actually, there's a mod idea: a tiny doll-house sized player housing that you would place on the back of the fast-travel carts and that leads to the same cell no matter from where you're entering, like you're taking a mobile home with you wherever you go.
Or just a model house that you can use as an item to move to that cell.

Barnum Brown Shoes
Jan 29, 2013

Well, there is this
https://legacy-of-the-dragonborn.fandom.com/wiki/Rains%27_Shelter

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Oh, sure, there are tons of mods like that. They're not as funny, though.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Commander Keene posted:

Or just a model house that you can use as an item to move to that cell.

Not a model house, but there's one that is a house inside a staff.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So I'm using this as a guide

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38334

I can load the game but it keeps telling me the SKSE (script extender) isn't working.

It will not let me load SE from the steam file, saying it cannot find the skyrim.exe to do it

is there an easier guide to fire all this up?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

So I'm using this as a guide

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38334

I can load the game but it keeps telling me the SKSE (script extender) isn't working.

It will not let me load SE from the steam file, saying it cannot find the skyrim.exe to do it

is there an easier guide to fire all this up?

Did you load Skyrim before you started installing any mods at all?

Did you load skyrim after you installed SKSE and nothing else?

Is Skyrim installed somewhere other than the Program Files directory?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

Did you load Skyrim before you started installing any mods at all?

Did you load skyrim after you installed SKSE and nothing else?

Is Skyrim installed somewhere other than the Program Files directory?

i did skyrim first but i downloaded it through steam.

ive deleted everything and have restarted.

some mods are still in there

edit* reinstalled everything and still getting this

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 29, 2021

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Did you start the game with skse_loader.exe? You need to use that instead of the normal launcher when using the script extender.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Based on that screenshot you didn't install SKSE properly. Or possibly anything.

All of the SKSE files need to be in the Skyrim root directory, no subfolder. You're at least missing a dll. Possibly more. I just see the loader script.

You should be using Mod Organizer, so you shouldn't have any of your mods in your skyrim folder. Those aren't installed correctly either, for that matter. If you're manually installing mods, which you shouldn't, they need to be in the data directory. Again, no sub folders.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

i did skyrim first but i downloaded it through steam.

ive deleted everything and have restarted.

some mods are still in there

edit* reinstalled everything and still getting this

I told you in the other thread to just watch a tutorial video on Mod Organizer 2, it would have taken less time than what you've done and you would be better off.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Kk, I’ll uninstall everything again tomorrow.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So I have everything set up so that I can load the game through SKSE through Mod Organizer and everything works fine.

I downloaded the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch through Mod organizer and activated it.

When I run the game with that on, the keyboard doesn't work. :thunk:

Do I need to install that into the root file specifically?

Also, I watched a video and did all the steps exactly and when I went to load there was an engine.dll or something file missing and the game wouldn't load. Here the game loads but the keyboard and mouse won't work. If I deactivate it it works fine.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

So I have everything set up so that I can load the game through SKSE through Mod Organizer and everything works fine.

I downloaded the Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch through Mod organizer and activated it.

When I run the game with that on, the keyboard doesn't work. :thunk:

Do I need to install that into the root file specifically?

Also, I watched a video and did all the steps exactly and when I went to load there was an engine.dll or something file missing and the game wouldn't load. Here the game loads but the keyboard and mouse won't work. If I deactivate it it works fine.

I have no loving clue, that's a new one. The point of Mod Organizer is (aside from SKSE) you shouldn't have to install anything in the root directory.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

I have no loving clue, that's a new one. The point of Mod Organizer is (aside from SKSE) you shouldn't have to install anything in the root directory.

yeah, I'm downloading a bunch of other utility mods and everything is fine. but USSEP makes the keyboard not work.

edit* also thanks for dealing with my ignorance im a boomer with computers

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Jan 29, 2021

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Do you have a controller hooked up? You might have to change it in the options or something. That's the only time I've ever had issues with keyboard and mouse not working.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I haven't seen anything about this engine.dll either. Not sure where that's coming from. SKSE shouldn't have it, and the unofficial patch doesn't have anything to do with that either.

Once ModOrganizer and SKSE are set up, you shouldn't ever have to touch the Skyrim directory again, except in a few rare cases of other engine tweaks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

docbeard posted:

Do you have a controller hooked up? You might have to change it in the options or something. That's the only time I've ever had issues with keyboard and mouse not working.

Okay I think what was happening was for whatever reason I was just stuck escaping the dragon. Things seem to be working now.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Okay yay got it working.

what's the preferred graphics upgrade? the top one on nexus is broken at the moment.

All the other mods are working well.

Skwirl, I installed all the others you suggested, including the Anime Boobs and Spraying nipples, thank you.

FizFashizzle fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 30, 2021

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Callie got me wanting to play Skyrim again and I decided to mod it. But Skyrim's base content is a bit meh, and I want to mod new stuff to it. Any recommended mods for dungeons, quests, and areas? Anything exploration-minded.

I've got the Zelda mod and that Molag Bal dungeon mod installed, they look cool. I like the Dwemer and I think the base game should have had more of their stuff.

Any other cool mods are worth a look! Some new gameplay systems are also appreciated (I never liked alchemy in the original). I'm not really interested in cosmetic, graphics, hardcore, or deep combat overhaul stuff, tho.

Also weird. Weird is very good. Give me your weirdest mods.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Jan 31, 2021

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Everything by TrainWiz.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Agents are GO! posted:

Everything by TrainWiz.

Unfortunately it looks like those are for the original, and I've got SE :(

In fact, a lot of stuff was made back for the original. Sad. I was able to get a few good ones, but a bunch of mods for new dungeons and areas are too old...plus, there's a lot of total garbage on Nexus - it's hard to tell what's worth downloading and what isn't.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

Unfortunately it looks like those are for the original, and I've got SE :(

In fact, a lot of stuff was made back for the original. Sad. I was able to get a few good ones, but a bunch of mods for new dungeons and areas are too old...plus, there's a lot of total garbage on Nexus - it's hard to tell what's worth downloading and what isn't.

His mods have been ported to SE.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Some of Trainwiz's stuff has been ported to SE. (Maybe all of it, whatever, I'm not a scientist.)

I'm personally quite fond of Skyrim Underground if you just want to do a bit of dungeon crawling for a while. It's got an SE version and is regularly (if not frequently) updated and maintained.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Oh, huh. I'll see if I can get the SE versions!

docbeard posted:

Some of Trainwiz's stuff has been ported to SE. (Maybe all of it, whatever, I'm not a scientist.)

I'm personally quite fond of Skyrim Underground if you just want to do a bit of dungeon crawling for a while. It's got an SE version and is regularly (if not frequently) updated and maintained.

Sounds good, I'll check it out! Thanks!

Definitely still looking for more reqs, I've basically never modded Skyrim before :allears:

---

EDIT: I found this mod, EasierRider's Dungeon Pack. Relatively low amount of downloads, but the posts/reviews seem to be praising it. I'll check it out!

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Feb 1, 2021

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

You're in for a wild ride, then. You can get a good overview of many of the best and most time-proven mods by checking the Skyrim Nexus and sorting the mod list by the number of endorsements. Some will be outdated, but as long as you make good and sure to keep the adult content filter on, you should overall get a good basic overview of what is worth getting.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
Beyond Skyrim: Bruma was really good. Adds the entire northern area from Oblivion, centred around Bruma. A bit of a main story for the area, as well as a large chunk of sidequests.

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003
I decided to hop back into this game after having not touched it since my original playthrough. Seconding Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. Also I'm really enjoying Forgotten City.

I did not enjoy Forgotten Dungeons, it has lots of downloads but I thought the level design was rather bland.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

afflictionwisp posted:

I decided to hop back into this game after having not touched it since my original playthrough. Seconding Beyond Skyrim: Bruma. Also I'm really enjoying Forgotten City.

I did not enjoy Forgotten Dungeons, it has lots of downloads but I thought the level design was rather bland.

Was FD the one with a dungeon where you open about 50 gates as you progress, but have to remember to close them all behind you to open the gate to the left boss? Because that one was what i call "antagonistic" toward the pc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afflictionwisp
Aug 26, 2003

Rainbow Knight posted:

Was FD the one with a dungeon where you open about 50 gates as you progress, but have to remember to close them all behind you to open the gate to the left boss? Because that one was what i call "antagonistic" toward the pc

Don't think so? FD adds a bunch of disconnected ruins and caves and poo poo spread around Skyrim. Some of them are pretty long but after running three or four of them, they were just plain and uninteresting to look at.