Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Dangerous Person posted:

Why do you people continue to watch tv shows that you don't like every week

I have a very complicated relationship with Sword Art Online to the point where I've actually considered buying one of the PS4 games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Fuckin goons

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

I have a very complicated relationship with Sword Art Online to the point where I've actually considered buying one of the PS4 games.

I bought the Vita game, it's hosed up.

I've said it before, but my appreciation of SAO has become post-ironic.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

Waffleman_ posted:

you need to seek help

otherwise, you're going to end up like Arist

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Argus Zant posted:

seek help

you very clearly need it

Hey, look. I'm fine. I didn't see the movie, even though it was playing at the Gateway and I totally could have gone.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I'll give you one thing, SAO is bad enough that it's fun to laugh at with you guys but otherwise the Toonami shows that I don't like are too boring to riff. Waffle please don't spend money on SAO

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

If I wanna play the game, I'll just get a three month Gamefly trial and take it out there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Argus Zant posted:

you need to seek help

otherwise, you're going to end up like Arist

I'm certainly a cautionary tale in more ways than one, I'll give you that

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
:negative:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Dangerous Person posted:

I have nothing else going on right now. :(

EDIT: Seriously. Apart from watching Toonami every week, I pretty much just work and sleep and that's it.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:29 on May 28, 2017

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Dangerous Person posted:

Tokyo Ghoul was at least funny awful last week instead of boring awful like it usually is, and I'm hoping it continues that way

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Dangerous Person posted:

I watch one piece movies for the costumes and Usopp's cleverness.

Also because might as well.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Dangerous Person posted:

Because Tokyo Ghoul is before Hunter x Hunter, the best show on the block.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Tokyo Ghoul is the video games half hour for me

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

The thread makes some bad shows a lot better, like that dude who got super upset when people made fun of the digital daughter in SAO

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

I like watching tv shows I like and do not watch ones I do not.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Complaining about things I dislike is how I have fun.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Complaining about things I dislike is how I have fun.

You are a goon yeah.

The fact some goons don't get this is the more confusing part.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Waffleman_ posted:

LAST WEEK ON GOONAMI

Unlimited Blade Works: Upon learning Gilgamesh's name, Rin and Shirou are forced to leave the Einzbern castle. As they bury Illya's body, Rin once again confronts Shirou about his selflessness, claiming that if he isn't living for himself even a bit, he's not a human being. Shirou is still committed to his ideals. As they strategize, with Caster still being a priority, Lancer approaches and offers his services, which they accept reluctantly. Archer learns that Kuzuki's wish is for Caster to return to her original time, and he confronts our heroes as they come to the church. Lancer takes Archer on while Rin and Shirou move on ahead. Rin tells Shirou that the jewel she used to save Shirou's life was one of a kind and Archer had already returned the jewel to her. Shirou and Rin confront Caster and Kuzuki. Lancer attempts to use his Noble Phantasm against Archer, but is blocked. Archer reveals that he had staged his betrayal to get the drop on Caster, to which Lancer replies "gently caress you" and leaves." During the fight inside the church, Caster is impaled by several swords thrown by a suddenly appearing Archer trying to protect Kuzuki, and as she dies, she tells him that she had already had her wish granted. Kuzuki tries to attack Archer, but is impaled and crushed by a pillar. As Shirou attends to Saber, Archer traps Rin in a cage of swords and declares his intention as a "Guardian" to kill Shirou.

Don't forget our special presentation of One Piece Gold tonight!

What did everyone think of One Piece Gold? I watched it a few weeks ago and really liked it, Usopp defeating Bacarrat was nice. No one wants to talk about it in the one piece thread though :<

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I liked the movie, it was a goofy and fun heist movie.

The cameos by Lucci, Spadman, and Sabo were unnecessary, though the VA Sabo was nice and it's nice to know what he sounds like since Toonami isn't airing the anime

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
For me it was Yet Another One Piece movie.
The costumes were neat, Usopp was neat, Raise Max was ok but other than that it was One Piece: A Heist.

If you like One Piece you'll probably enjoy it but if you don't there's nothing interesting to be had in it. The Heist only had one thing I'd qualify as a twist and even then it was a pretty limp twist.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Dangerous Person posted:

I didn't watch any shows I dislike this week

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Captain Baal posted:

I didn't watch any shows I dislike this week

that's because you're weak

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Someone should tell Mike Tyson that the Iowa State Cyclones go down a lot. Because they suck.

EDIT: :stonk: Well that's one way to end an episode.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 04:41 on May 29, 2017

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Thanks to Wafflemans viral marketing campaign and a random youtube clip of the McElroys I finally caved in and subscribed to Seeso.

Things I like: The content

Things I don't like: The media player

Four bucks a month is totally doable and I honestly recommend it. Thanks for reading this Dangerous review

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Sidenote: Waffleman please stream the secret societies episode for everybody unless you did that and I wasn't there. Thanks again

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Iowa State hasn't had a player drafted in the first round of the NFL draft since the 1970s, by far the longest amount of time for any school in the five major college conferences (Indiana is next, by two decades). Their in-state rivalry game against Iowa is so poorly regarded that they always schedule it at the beginning of the season when no one cares. They're as fair weather of a team as the Cleveland Browns. God bless this show.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

EDIT: :stonk: Well that's one way to end an episode.
The best Mike Tyson Mysteries episodes involve a weird turn like that, as well as Pigeon being a dick.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Dangerous Person posted:

Sidenote: Waffleman please stream the secret societies episode for everybody unless you did that and I wasn't there. Thanks again

I cancelled my Seeso when I thought the site had broken and stopped recognizing Flash, but I can resub on Amazon and do that. I need to watch the first episode commentary anyway.

Also, we're all fine with moving the main show back up to 10:30 now that SamJack is over, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ou5GTWyHjIg

livingfruitvirus
Nov 20, 2002

Grrr

Waffleman_ posted:

I cancelled my Seeso when I thought the site had broken and stopped recognizing Flash, but I can resub on Amazon and do that.

All websites should've stopped recognizing Flash the second HTML5 video became a thing.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm with you

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Seeso was the first time a site didn't automatically ask to activate flash so I had to go to the chrome settings to configure it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, I just realized something. We're going to meet probably the second best character in Super after Whis this week.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQ0Yn1fqugg

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

LAST WEEK

Samurai Jack: Got back to the past.

Dragon Ball Super: Frieza has been brought back to life with the Dragon Balls! Oh no!

Dragon Ball Z Kai: Android 18 almost fails to beat up two children.

Attack on Titan: Titan stuff happens, Ymir dies, Krista is a child of the wall cult sent to sabotage things but she doesn't wanna and also her name is Historia whatever.

Tokyo Ghoul: WHO CARES

Hunter x Hunter: The troupe starts their move on the auction and cool fights happen.

Unlimited Blade Works: As Archer attempts to kill Shirou, Saber and Rin make a contract and join the fight. Archer draws them into his Noble Phantasm, Ultimate Blade Works, and nabs Rin. Rin realizes the true identity of Archer: EMIYA, a version of Shirou from the future who had become a Guardian and grew weary of it, entering the war in the slim hope that killing his past self would cause a suicide by paradox. He was not summoned by chance, as Rin had thought, but through the catalyst of her pendant. Shinji comes along and is the worst, but then Kirei's here and he drives Shinji off and then tries to get Lancer to kill himself because he's not very great in this arc. Before Lancer dies, however, he takes Kirei with him, and lets Rin go. Archer and Shirou go head to head in Unlimited Blade Works, working unlimited blades. Avalon, Saber's sheath that had been implanted into him by Kiritsugu, comes into full swing and now we're tlaking.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

http://taima.tv/r/goonami

Gonna be chilling in here.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Taima is a bad site.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Taima accounts are kinda hosed, you may have to sign up for a new one for some reason

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Super time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
In light of what's been going on in Super, today is officially Frieza Day, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

should I watch Super or keep watching these episodes of Champloo I haven't seen

• Locked thread