Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Lol y'all are so ready to leave leagues CONSTANTLY

How often do ties even happen? He probably thought nothing of it when he made the change. His actual problem is not having the scoring with decimals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

the_american_dream posted:

How often do ties even happen? He probably thought nothing of it when he made the change. His actual problem is not having the scoring with decimals

I'd assume this is a standings tiebreaker. Those happen a lot.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Ben Nevis posted:

That's the wrong *SJ friend.

Nah

ScottyJSno
Aug 16, 2010

日本が大好きです!
I was up 30 points with Brown to go. My opponent has only Green to go. only up by 11 at the 1/2. WTF

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Zauper posted:

I'd assume this is a standings tiebreaker. Those happen a lot.

Lol you're completely right and I knew that as I started the post.

Don't tend to a busy 10 month old midpost guys

"What was I talking oh right ties :downs:"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

He’s talking about playoff tiebreakers. Pretty much every league has teams tied with the same record at the end of the regular season.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Scoring the most points by a huge margin has backfired because I'm now winning a tiebreaker for 7th and playing the super unstoppable team first round instead of the guy in first with a decimated roster.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Doltos posted:

Scoring the most points by a huge margin has backfired because I'm now winning a tiebreaker for 7th and playing the super unstoppable team first round instead of the guy in first with a decimated roster.

You will play the guy with the super unstoppable team no matter what so just eat the pea, professor.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Going into Monday night down a dozen points feels pretty bleak unless your remaining player is Le'Veon Bell :getin:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I am now at risk of missing my playoffs despite having scored about 125 more points than the next highest scoring team in the league. Match ups are stupid why does fantasy work like that?

E: Regular season is 14 weeks with two week playoff for some loving reason.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Hi friends, as we stand here at the end for some of us, I present to you, the most relevant tweet

https://twitter.com/spidr2ybanana/status/937845549755256832

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Diqnol posted:

You will play the guy with the super unstoppable team no matter what so just eat the pea, professor.

I can't play myself, buddy.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Turns out I really needed that called back AJ Green TD, would’ve put me just over the top. Oh well. Being able to trot out AB84 and AJ every week is cool.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug

Doltos posted:

Similar story here. I'm 3rd (top wild card) and I'll be playing 6th, who has been on a tear the last 6 weeks. I considered throwing this week's game, but his placement in the playoffs was reliant on another matchup.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Inspector_666 posted:

Going into Monday night down a dozen points feels pretty bleak unless your remaining player is Le'Veon Bell :getin:

Down 24 points with only Bell left in a 0ppr league and still winning to clinch the #1 seed feels good man.

I was sweating that entire first half though.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Missed the playoffs because I tied in my last matchup today

I had the highest fantasy points in our league and finished 5-7-1

This entire year was stupid.

Edit: hahaha I had a -1 point differential with the most points scored in the league. How is that possible?! I'm so unlucky lol

Ehud fucked around with this message at 13:16 on Dec 5, 2017

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

gently caress, when I checked the playoff bracket at midnight I was in(4 way tie at 8-5). Now a couple hours later I’m out.

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.
WR
Julio
Funchess
Diggs
D. Jackson

RB
Fournette
Morris
Collins
Coleman
Woodhead
Zeke

I need to drop 2 to pick up one as Woodhead is on my IR. Thinking of dropping Woodhead and someone for a punt on Jordy Nelson, maybe Nelson Agholor. I have a week 14 bye.

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Why do I have the strong urge to start the second coming of Charlie Sims, aka Josh Gordon, against Green Bay next week in the playoffs?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Should I pick up the GB D/ST this week if I already have Jax?

GB plays CLE and I would like to at least grab them (if not play them) before my playoff opponent does.

That would mean I need to drop one of the following:

QB: Smith, Keenum, Winston
RB: Hunt, Murray, McKinnon, Darkwa
WR: Jeffery, Evans, Funchess, Crabtree, DT

Octoduck
Feb 8, 2006

Rudy had heart,
but he still sucked.

Alfalfa posted:

GB plays CLE and I would like to at least grab them (if not play them) before my playoff opponent does.

I would, but I am averse to carrying 3 QBs anyway.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alfalfa posted:

Is this a 2QB league? If not drop one of the QBs. Hell you can likely drop one anyway unless you think Winston is magically going to get good. Otherwise Darkwa.

Felter Chesthard
Sep 11, 2001

Gorman Thomas posted:

Cool I'm going to miss the playoffs in my work league because the commish changed the tie-breaker from points for to head-to-head back in July without telling anyone.

I'm missing the playoffs in the goon dynasty league too. Lost to a team in week 4 and he got in the playoffs over me with the same record and 80 points less.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Is this a 2QB league? If not drop one of the QBs. Hell you can likely drop one anyway unless you think Winston is magically going to get good. Otherwise Darkwa.

I dropped Winston for GB.

Thanks

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do I drop Goff or Stafford for Alex Smith, now that we like him again?

I could also find someone else to drop if I wanted to roster all three.

I have a week 14 bye so this only matters for week 15 & 16.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

RCarr posted:

Do I drop Goff or Stafford for Alex Smith, now that we like him again?

I could also find someone else to drop if I wanted to roster all three.

I have a week 14 bye so this only matters for week 15 & 16.

I definitely pick up Alex Smith, just to keep someone else from grabbing him. The question is how bad is Stafford's injury?

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
I narrowly edged my way into the playoffs my money league. My opponent, in a win and in game, started Eli Manning.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Wew AB scored enough to match me up against a normal team instead of an unstoppable juggernaut.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Okay so who should us Gronk owners trot out to replace him this week should he not win his appeal (he shouldn't)?

My options (1PPR):

Stephen Anderson vs. SF
Tyler Kroft vs. Chi
Eric Ebron @ TB
Ben Watson @ Pit
Ricky Seals-Jones vs. Ten

I was thinking Kroft before last night. I don't like Watson against Pittsburgh since they're good against the TE. Anderson is intriguing based on the injury to Fiedorowicz.

tonic
Jan 4, 2003

Really considering benching Jordan Howard this week because he’s been dudding so hard. Thoughts on him being trustworthy in the playoffs?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

tonic posted:

Really considering benching Jordan Howard this week because he’s been dudding so hard. Thoughts on him being trustworthy in the playoffs?

Wondering the same thing myself. I could swap him out for Alfred Morris or Evan Engram.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

RCarr posted:

Wondering the same thing myself. I could swap him out for Alfred Morris or Evan Engram.

I would definitely swap him out for Morris given the chance, my alternatives aren't nearly as good.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Have 1 bye, barely made it in another, and am in the sacko bowl for a third. Feeling...good?

Ehud posted:

Missed the playoffs because I tied in my last matchup today

I had the highest fantasy points in our league and finished 5-7-1

This entire year was stupid.

Edit: hahaha I had a -1 point differential with the most points scored in the league. How is that possible?! I'm so unlucky lol

A guy in the league I commission lost the bye AND missed playoffs because he lost his matchup by 0.2.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Lol you're completely right and I knew that as I started the post.

Don't tend to a busy 10 month old midpost guys

"What was I talking oh right ties :downs:"

I really really love this post because you got so brain-addled you assumed a single-week tie would be broken by points scored.

"Quick, check their points!" "Dang, they tied."

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Ben Nevis posted:

I narrowly edged my way into the playoffs my money league. My opponent, in a win and in game, started Eli Manning.

I've scored under 10 points from my QB in 6 of the last 7 weeks, most of the time I'm under three. During that time I went 6-1 #teamangelwings. I have a bye as the second seed in a 14 team league, despite having the 11th highest points scored.

Waiver Wire: QB RB WR TE

Drunk Nerds fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Dec 5, 2017

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I've scored under 10 points from my QB in 6 of the last 7 weeks, most of the time I'm under three. During that time I went 6-1 #teamangelwings. I have a bye as the second seed in a 14 team league, despite having the 11th highest points scored.

Waiver Wire: QB RB WR TE/

I think I'm going to go with the Cyanide (you misspelled it) option to fix my TE slot.

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

fantasy football owns

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
1st place and a bye, clinched w/ 3rd seed (loving divisions), and 4th seed.

Not a bad year overall, too bad the 12-1, 12-win streak team isn't for money.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 18:45 on Dec 5, 2017

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

My 3 big money leagues:

1st place and 1st round bye
3rd place
5th place (just missed the playoffs)

I’m the favorite to win both leagues I made the playoffs in, so hopefully I can end the season with a cool $1600 or so in winnings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

ugh my 14 team money league has no byes and I'm in 2nd place, gently caress that

• Locked thread