Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZANKhLpONY

Got recommended this show on my YouTube algorithm and I really hope there is more because it's loving sick

wipeout with jackass energy it's good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
defense against the drake arts

selec
Sep 6, 2003

Homeless Friend posted:

wifi with parental controls fully enabled

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

Homeless Friend posted:

it's important that they teach children this

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

all timer theme song

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

all timer theme song

it gets me fuckin jacked up

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
speaking of, MacGruber is very funny and way better than an snl movie should be

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

the milk machine posted:

2 for 2 on correct opinions this morning

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Homeless Friend posted:

drakengard.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

at work the guy in the cubicle one row over sounds exactly like will forte and i can't get it out of my mind

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys

2 for 2 on correct opinions this morning

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4UqMyldS7Q

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

i say swears online posted:

at work the guy in the cubicle one row over sounds exactly like will forte and i can't get it out of my mind

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wb0zkoTTwMg

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
Swift detractors don't engage with the material at all. Tried playing it at my wife and she plugged her ears and went LALALALALA until I turned it off. I feel like this thread and the greater internet is just kinda doing that.

Swift defenders engage with the material too much. Like me, explaining when the song was about a footballer and when the song was about a cumtown groupie.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

KirbyKhan posted:

Swift detractors don't engage with the material at all. Tried playing it at my wife

Lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

this doesn't help my situation at all!!!

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

this doesn't help my situation at all!!!

the boner ghost will probably leave you alone. Probably.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

KirbyKhan posted:

Swift detractors don't engage with the material at all. Tried playing it at my wife and she plugged her ears and went LALALALALA until I turned it off. I feel like this thread and the greater internet is just kinda doing that.

Swift defenders engage with the material too much. Like me, explaining when the song was about a footballer and when the song was about a cumtown groupie.

i listen to swift when my wife plays her and sometimes i'll listen to a couple of her songs in the car, like a real fan

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

but the line about 1830 is still hilarious to me

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I just don't listen to big pop stars and never really have, and find it annoying that this specific one has taken on such significance that not wanting to listen to her music is a political statement

Like, no Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars or anything either. I tried getting into The Weeknd after seeing his horrifying labyrinth super bowl halftime show but he only really has a couple songs I thought were worth saving to my phone

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

the weeknd was pretty good in his after hours horror era but he pissed off Every Girl by being in the Idol so he's going to have to do a dramatic rebranding or he's hosed

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

It was neat to see Weekend work with Oneohtrix Point Never and Robert Beatty. I can't feel my face when I'm with you is catchy.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

She also has the biggest platform in the world right now and is either not allowed to say anything of substance beyond "poor me" or "my boyfriend sucks" or actually doesn't have anything deeper going on

Seriously go through the lyrics, every single song is "I'm so deep and cool and hurt" or "that guy sucks"

with 31 songs you'd almost have to accidentally write something about the state of the world, or war, or politics, or loving anything about the nature of life beyond troubled relationships

even a sincere song about what it feels like to be the most famous musician in the world and the isolation of it but no, there's nothing

Anti-hero was a radio hit and seemed like it was about real feelings but I guess it scared the executives too much or something because this is a regression right back to her formulaic "nobody gets hurt, nobody gets offended" songwriting

I dunno my wife was listening to it yesterday and there's one dogshit song with Florence and the Machine that I half-listened to where the chorus is FLORIDA!

Ardent Communist
Oct 17, 2010

ALLAH! MU'AMMAR! LIBYA WA BAS!

CaptainBeefart posted:

It was neat to see Weekend work with Oneohtrix Point Never and Robert Beatty. I can't feel my face when I'm with you is catchy.

I'll give theweekend respect for being a huge fan of american dad, getting himself put on american dad, and then producing an episode in which all of his power comes from being a virgin. it was funny before, but learning that he decided it'd be funny if he was a virgin instead of american dad just making fun of him, makes it funnier to me.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

My wife is one of those millennial white women who grew up with Emo Taylor and she had roughly the same level of interest in hearing about the new Taylor Swift album that I would have to hearing about a new Blink 182 or Incubus album, ie "huh, how about that, weird that she's going with that concept" which I think is the healthiest option

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender
She looked so happy at the super bowl, but it turns out she was a tortured artist all along. Guess you never know

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

I wish Incubus had evolved their SCIENCE style and not the Wish You Were Here stuff

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

loquacius posted:

Like, no Ed Sheeran or Bruno Mars or anything either. I tried getting into The Weeknd after seeing his horrifying labyrinth super bowl halftime show but he only really has a couple songs I thought were worth saving to my phone

i went through this. i kept getting told he was the next big thing but his radio hits are his only good tracks

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

i went through this. i kept getting told he was the next big thing but his radio hits are his only good tracks

he's got more streaming plays than Swift (or did before the new album) that's pretty big

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

watch a real musician break down tay tay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deiYfCedCKI

then watch a real musician rap:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THsoiHtmdgE

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

ArmedZombie posted:

watch a real musician break down tay tay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deiYfCedCKI

this mf hates chariots of fire

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

loquacius posted:

My wife is one of those millennial white women who grew up with Emo Taylor and she had roughly the same level of interest in hearing about the new Taylor Swift album that I would have to hearing about a new Blink 182 or Incubus album, ie "huh, how about that, weird that she's going with that concept" which I think is the healthiest option

I wish Blink hadn't reunited with the UFO guy because I really liked the stuff they did with Matt Skiba

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

extremely funny that they put him back in the band because he was right about ufos though

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
I watched MAD GOD this morning and it is extremely cool, gross, and impressive. My read on it was basically "here's what it feels like to dedicate your life and creative energy towards immortalizing moments of fear, chaos, destruction, horror, death, and decay on Film so that the worst people in the world can get richer. Here is what it feels like to have your craft, your life's work, be the simulation of all the worst things you can imagine. It's tight tbh."

LegoMan
Mar 17, 2002

ting ting ting

College Slice

the milk machine posted:

Yeah it suffered the curse of being an snl movie but Will Forte can make any role hilarious

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

josh04 posted:

extremely funny that they put him back in the band because he was right about ufos though

do you think he made them apologize

selec
Sep 6, 2003

chilly gonzales rules so loving hard. he gets unbelievably sweaty when he's up there humping the boards.

timestamped for great piano playing by exceptionally sweaty man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Vmq8kCAYng&t=3258s

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
lukewarm take: no scene in any movie is better than the first Morpheus/Neo fight. a bunch are just as good but none surpass it

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

I watched MAD GOD this morning and it is extremely cool, gross, and impressive. My read on it was basically "here's what it feels like to dedicate your life and creative energy towards immortalizing moments of fear, chaos, destruction, horror, death, and decay on Film so that the worst people in the world can get richer. Here is what it feels like to have your craft, your life's work, be the simulation of all the worst things you can imagine. It's tight tbh."

Top five movie of the 2020s

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

save your tears is one of the biggest ELO rip off songs I’ve ever heard. it’s probably just different enough for Jeff Lynne not to sue him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://x.com/DailyMail/status/1781784927316414779