Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Thoatse posted:

Do like the evilgenius goon (sorry goonbro, forgot who this was) suggested the other day and record a video of you naming names, upload it to youtoob to timestamp it but leave it private until after it's public knowledge, then release the hounds.

Post to the reddits for maximum paaarp

This please.

Edit: I have no cat, sorry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D1E posted:

I'm really glad MoMA joined right when he did.

Me too, I don't think Karl is coming back but I'll settle for some guy with over 5k in ships reading this and starting to realise how stupid he is.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Daztek posted:

I have to sleep soon and I just know I'll wake up to hundreds of new posts

I'm sure Smart will close the thread for you :)

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

D_Smart posted:

Since Erin is still en-route to the UK...

Hints:

- Star Citizen (like Star Marine when I said it) has been put on indefinite hold internally. That's primarily why Chris (of all people) couldn't talk about anything beyond 2.x. All they are going to be doing now are bug fixes and tweaks. They never planned - and won't be doing - any of the promised features. All the primary engineers are doing now is pulling a pay check for appearances sake. It's unsustainable and within the next few weeks; there will be a complete shutdown of everything not related to SQ42.

- All hands on SQ42 (which is still more of a mess, than it is a game) as we've know about; but it's serious now and has been communicated company-wide to "parties who need to know"

- I now have 11 confirmed top tier leavers (management doesn't know about at least 7 of them); a few of them are staging a joint exit. I have no intentions of naming names as I have done in the past. So you all will need to run your own LinkedIn trolling.

- As I predicted, they are literally out of money to finish these projects. Like literally. When I posted about "going concern" few days ago, that's what I meant. And they've been looking for investment/bailout. Past and recent efforts to raise (not just through ship sales) money, have failed. And they haven't disclosed this to the backers because they don't feel that they have to. Though one person did point out that croberts had indicated that if he wasn't making $3m per month, he would have to scale back. That's what he is expected to fall back to when the time comes. Except that he's also gone on the record as saying that if funding stopped, he could still complete the game. I have links to both statements.

- This is one that I simply cannot mention. At all. I am awaiting legal clearance (one has flat out said "don't do it"), which is why I sent Erin a message.

I trust my sources 100% because I tend to corroborate these things with others because I don't want anyone running a False Flag op on me; as that would be bad.

Seriously, I can't say more than this without causing problems for scared sources. I fear that I may have already done just that with this post :(

All I can say it that, anyone who has more than $5K in this, and wants to get to the truth before the end game plays out, needs to go find an attorney. right now.

:aaaaa:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0azMOJ-h_o

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

SirPhoebos posted:

A boardgame tangentally related to Star Citizen was discovered to have plagiarized art assets. It barely got funded after an awkward livestream.

Now D-smart is saying something big is coming (no really this time for sure).

Got a page for the art assets?

TCW posted:

Cig might have been bought out. Erin Roberts might be leaving. Strap in, thing are getting interesting.

:ohdear:

Thanks for the updates, saved me 6 hours! My boss will be pleased.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

As much as I love your postings etc... I'm not seeing anything new? You have been saying this for months.
Same goes for the " I most check it with legal, because I most save it for court etc... " ( i'm paraphrasing )

What makes this time different? More real then ever? More doom and gloomy as say 10 weeks ago?
Good update tho.

I guess the only thing that isn't ancient news is that he's adamant that they're out of money as of right now. Rather than, you know, in three months or something.

I know that will be deflected instantly by claiming some unsourced funds which cannot be discussed or proven has saved them and information on that will be coming any day now but. you know, it's newish?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

cocaine dad show posted:

everything owns

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Ratmtattat posted:

This please.

Edit: I have no cat, sorry.

Reddit has many cats, get one of theirs

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

First Person who correctly names the buyout company gets mailed a Goonrathi patch, pin, and SC deck of cards.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

I really hope the last public appearance Sandi Gardiner ever makes was the last AtV episode with her cardboard cutout.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
wow https://twitter.com/dsmart

TCW
Sep 28, 2015

Daztek posted:

Guys, I think Star Citizen might be in some trouble

Yea, good that I only put in $170. Was going to drop more if Alpha 2 was good (it wasn't). Looks like the end is coming. What a mess.

Well at least I learned to do more research before backing something.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
a planned walk-out is new.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

OK, I'm just going to say it.

Let me tell you how serious it is. I sent a message to Erin over the weekend; that he needs to get in touch with me asap. You know, like how reporters tend to give targets of an article a heads up to comment (or not). I have nothing to say to Chris or Ortwin - they had their chance. And Sandi is of no consequence, so I don't even care what she thinks/does. And I don't chat with Swofford anymore because I don't want to put him in any compromising position; as someone just doing his job.

I'm hoping he (Erin) ignores my message. Then all hell breaks loose. Pretty much the same chance I gave Chris before my first blog of July 2015.

:iwanttobelieve:

i hope the blog is juicy but i fell for this schtick before with you and posts ending up to just summarize the last few posts

two weeks, etc :rolleyes:

my girlfriend is Legos
Apr 24, 2013
Derek is no stranger to underwhelming news (aside from the usual, general ":laffo: loving Star Citizen"), so I'll be maintaining my scepticism for now

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i am more hyped for the CIG crash than any other video game. i would go to a midnight launch of the CIG crash. i will preorder the special edition of chris roberts being sad.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

a planned walk-out is new.

Eh. If someone is given the names in advance I'll convert.

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Derek, is "key exits" not exists.
Fix it to fav.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Stay tuned everyone, soon Derek will announce that he knows something but won't say what it is yet.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

derek has stopped hinting and started stating outright

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

VealCutlet posted:

Got a page for the art assets?

:pgabz: made a video that covered the first two finds, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzbnBND5NQ4) but it turned out to be just scratching the surface. Think "Limbo of the Lost" level of blatant theft.

Edit: from the comment section-

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
They could release Dark Souls3 early and I wouldn't give a poo poo. This is quality video-game entertainment.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Somebody ring up Dolvak at Imperial News Network for a comment.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Full Burn

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

Since Erin is still en-route to the UK...

Hints:

- Star Citizen (like Star Marine when I said it) has been put on indefinite hold internally. That's primarily why Chris (of all people) couldn't talk about anything beyond 2.x. All they are going to be doing now are bug fixes and tweaks. They never planned - and won't be doing - any of the promised features. All the primary engineers are doing now is pulling a pay check for appearances sake. It's unsustainable and within the next few weeks; there will be a complete shutdown of everything not related to SQ42.

The Spergs posted:

"That's all wet dream hearsay from Derek Schart. He's been predicting this since July. Nothing to see here.

D_Smart posted:

- All hands on SQ42 (which is still more of a mess, than it is a game) as we've know about; but it's serious now and has been communicated company-wide to "parties who need to know"

The Spergs posted:

"He's just taking EightAce's so-called 'inside dirt' and pretending it's actually confirmed fact when in fact it's just bitter gossip from someone who got fired from Foundry and has been trolling SA goons in revenge...

D_Smart posted:

- I now have 11 confirmed top tier leavers (management doesn't know about at least 7 of them); a few of them are staging a joint exit. I have no intentions of naming names as I have done in the past. So you all will need to run your own LinkedIn trolling.

The Spergs posted:

"The gaming industry experiences turnover all the time. If Derek Schart knew ANYTHING about Game Development, he'd actually realize this is just business-as-usual, as usual."

D_Smart posted:

- As I predicted, they are literally out of money to finish these projects. Like literally. When I posted about "going concern" few days ago, that's what I meant. And they've been looking for investment/bailout. Past and recent efforts to raise (not just through ship sales) money, have failed. And they haven't disclosed this to the backers because they don't feel that they have to. Though one person did point out that croberts had indicated that if he wasn't making $3m per month, he would have to scale back. That's what he is expected to fall back to when the time comes. Except that he's also gone on the record as saying that if funding stopped, he could still complete the game. I have links to both statements.

The Spergs posted:

"More of the same. Nothing to see here either..."

D_Smart posted:

- This is one that I simply cannot mention. At all. I am awaiting legal clearance (one has flat out said "don't do it"), which is why I sent Erin a message.

The Spergs posted:

"Oooooh the BIG SECRET TO BE REVEALED LATER. Yeah, sorry, we've been there, done that, got the t-shirt Shart..."

D_Smart posted:

I trust my sources 100% because I tend to corroborate these things with others because I don't want anyone running a False Flag op on me; as that would be bad.

The Spergs posted:

"Derek's sources are Derek, Beer, other Goons, and some disgruntled nobodies who couldn't make the cut because they dream too small..."

D_Smart posted:

Seriously, I can't say more than this without causing problems for scared sources. I fear that I may have already done just that with this post :(

The Spergs posted:

"More theatrics to burnish the credentials of his fictive sources. NEXT!"

D_Smart posted:

All I can say it that, anyone who has more than $5K in this, and wants to get to the truth before the end game plays out, needs to go find an attorney. right now.

The Spergs posted:

"Sorry. We didn't buy it last time and we're not buying it this time. Just like your games, SCHART!"

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

excited about this!!!

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what
It must be the crytek guys leaving.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/714568022183251970

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/714568403072188417

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/714569340692115456

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I'm holding unto my skepticism, but if its just half of what Dr.Smart has mentioned then I'm certain that the schadenfreude will be delightful.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xxggelRuM0&t=99s

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

quote:

Today brings us 10 for the Chairman's Brother with special guest star Erin Roberts. Erin said he enjoyed the experience, then immediately left for the airport. His flight wouldn't leave for another 52 hours, though...
Sounds like Erin didn't want to stay.

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/324392

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
At this rate we'll hit page 3000 (AD) in time for the crash.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/714569340692115456

Lol, I can see how posting something like that would really irritate CIG but I'm not sure that's a terribly impressive prediction.

TODD BONZALEZ
Jul 3, 2010

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

D1E posted:

Whatever happened with Lowtax and his daughter playing the Baby PU on live stream?

Lowtax: once CIG goes bankrupt, please close the forums forever. It's better to end on a comedy high note.

He, his daughter and his wife are busy playing other horrid games for our amusement. Man, you guys should really subscribe to his YouTube-channel. New videos aren't showing up that often, but they're always a blast.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Since it was brought up earlier and now is more relevant than ever...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

SirPhoebos posted:

:pgabz: made a video that covered the first two finds, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzbnBND5NQ4) but it turned out to be just scratching the surface. Think "Limbo of the Lost" level of blatant theft.

Edit: from the comment section-

:holymoley:

Thanks!

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

Dusty Lens posted:

I guess the only thing that isn't ancient news is that he's adamant that they're out of money as of right now. Rather than, you know, in three months or something.

I know that will be deflected instantly by claiming some unsourced funds which cannot be discussed or proven has saved them and information on that will be coming any day now but. you know, it's newish?

Well yeah, but frankly I can't imagine how say..; EightAce can say the cash is fine ( and so far it seems the aces are closer to the source then Derek )
And I'm just trying to figure out how Derek could possible know this. Like that they are literally out of cash.

God I hope Derek is right tho...

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Young Freud posted:

Since it was brought up earlier and now is more relevant than ever...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIscL-Bjsq4

I recognize this!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
If this all DOES happen according to Dr. Smart's reveal, then I'm going to especially savor the irony that THE ENTIRE STORY PLAYED OUT HERE while the GAMING PRESS WAS STILL PARROTING THE PRESS RELEASES AND HYPING THE GAME.

It will have been the biggest story in the history of gaming and, while literally millions of words were written about it here in real time (some of them very insightful- from dev folks, historians, amateur sleuths and smartasses), the entire industry dedicated to the business of Gaming Journalism will have missed it almost entirely. (There have been a few exceptions here and there but nobody is calling the end of this. Not a one.)

• Locked thread