Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Nordick posted:

Also I dread to find out what there is in store for Goonenstein's Monster, I have zero faith that something won't go horribly wrong for him. Probably his family will be eaten by ghouls or someshit.

loving good. He killed Proteus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
:catstare: So that was an ending to the an episode.

Also please please please please let Emostein have a happy ending :(

Also also holy poo poo "We're going to make you into a proper woman." I wanted to slap the poo poo out of Victor.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I just want the Irish accent back!

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Solice Kirsk posted:

*You're* the monster. :staredog:

Coyote Ugly
Nov 14, 2006

Bad, Vanessa, bad!! That ending had me yelling at the tv and calling her a dumb bitch. But I am super excited for the next two episodes. I do hope we get to see Emostein join in on the fun of killing the bad monsters. He must save his friend Ms. Ives.

I do wish the one thing I had gotten to see out of this season, especially with Ethan's story was "how" he became a werewolf. I have a suspicion with all the Native American prophecy stuff they've been eluding to, but meh. I could've cared less about his little redemption arc with his father and poo poo.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Coyote Ugly posted:

I do wish the one thing I had gotten to see out of this season, especially with Ethan's story was "how" he became a werewolf. I have a suspicion with all the Native American prophecy stuff they've been eluding to, but meh. I could've cared less about his little redemption arc with his father and poo poo.

Well, I originally suspected the reason Ethan's father wanted him back was because of some Loups Garoux-style thing where the 'first son' strayed from the pack, and they were *all* werewolves, which would explain why they lived so loving far away from anything remotely resembling civilization.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

They have an interesting dichotomy going on here.

The bad guy isn't seeking to directly control or change Vanessa's nature.

The "good" guys want to make Lily obedient and tame.

I just wonder if they can pull of anything more interesting with it than just the contrast in these past two episodes.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Coyote Ugly posted:

I could've cared less about his little redemption arc with his father and poo poo.

Oh man, the scenes with his father were some of the best stuff of this season IMO.

Also, I'm glad there's some progression in the Lily storyline, I was starting to have the same expressions on my face as Dorian when she would launch into another one of those same angry boring speeches for the nth time this season

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Am I crazy, or did it come back a little during her big speech at the Murderous Ladies Auxiliary Dinner?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

cheerfullydrab posted:

Am I crazy, or did it come back a little during her big speech at the Murderous Ladies Auxiliary Dinner?

I didn't catch it, but if they give her the Jekyl medicine it would be a perfect time for them to unleash it back on the world!

"Creature, I must be able to understand her!"

Best drat quote of any of the threads there. Forgot which goon posted it.

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

cheerfullydrab posted:

It comes back just a little bit whenever she gets pissed or is under stress. Also happens when she calls Dorian a oval office in this episode. It is really well-done. If Malcolm and Caliban turn out to be the heroes of this season I will be satisfied.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
I am not looking forward to the inevitable death of Emostein's family. Margeary and the son are such nice people. :(

Although, I have no doubt that Penny Dreadful will make it a beautiful and tragic scene, I just want Emostein to be happy. :unsmith:

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
Malcolm is always the hero though?

AndroidHub posted:

Seeing Dorian being very sad about his evil girlfriend and her army of deathhookers brought me great joy.

I took it more as eyerolling boredom and I've been feeling the same thing about the Lily plot for quite a few episodes now.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Martout posted:

I took it more as eyerolling boredom and I've been feeling the same thing about the Lily plot for quite a few episodes now.

He straight up said as much too, and I believe him. He's not afraid of the women, he's just sick of them and their "revolution" as he's been through a bunch of them and doesn't find them entertaining anymore. He's just a spoiled boy looking for something new and thought another immortal would be just the thing only to find her as boring as he finds everyone else.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Solice Kirsk posted:

He straight up said as much too, and I believe him. He's not afraid of the women, he's just sick of them and their "revolution" as he's been through a bunch of them and doesn't find them entertaining anymore. He's just a spoiled boy looking for something new and thought another immortal would be just the thing only to find her as boring as he finds everyone else.

He really needs to start seeing someone his own age, Lily is literally a child to him.

Now who do we know that is ancient and depraved and also interesting and handsome? Dorcula, the one true pair.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Martout posted:

He really needs to start seeing someone his own age, Lily is literally a child to him.

Now who do we know that is ancient and depraved and also interesting and handsome? Dorcula, the one true pair.

If we don't get Dorcula then I'm gonna be heartbroken. One of the best portmanteaus ever.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

What I got from it is he still desires Lily/Brona, he just wants the more easily-manageable version Victor's pitching. What I hope is they go in an interesting direction and have Jekyll's concoction turn Lily into the monster *he* created.

"Oh hey, seems my wonder drug can only cure Scotsmen of being cunts. When introduced into homicidal Irish whores it makes their accent come back and gives them the ability to breathe fire. Oh well, I never liked London much anyway, Old Man. Shall we away to Marrakesh? Drugs are *really* cheap down there."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jun 14, 2016

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, I originally suspected the reason Ethan's father wanted him back was because of some Loups Garoux-style thing where the 'first son' strayed from the pack, and they were *all* werewolves, which would explain why they lived so loving far away from anything remotely resembling civilization.

This is exactly what i thought and the reality was super underwhelming.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I'm disappointed that it's not looking like we will see Jekyll turn into Hyde or anything of the sort, unless the lab blows up or something and causes it. Though I'm also assuming there's only like 3 episodes left in the season/series, is that wrong?

And I guess I meant that I was happy that Dorian wasn't happy.

Also yeah, I'm really hoping we actually find out what made Ethan into a wolfman, I was kind of under the impression that the Apaches put a curse on him or something, but with the most recent episodes it seems like that probably isn't the case.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Maybe Kaetenay doesn't even know that Ethan is a werewolf, that'd be one goofy twist...

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

BIG HEADLINE posted:

What I got from it is he still desires Lily/Brona, he just wants the more easily-manageable version Victor's pitching. What I hope is they go in an interesting direction and have Jekyll's concoction turn Lily into the monster *he* created.

"Oh hey, seems my wonder drug can only cure Scotsmen of being cunts. When introduced into homicidal Irish whores it makes their accent come back and gives them the ability to breathe fire. Oh well, I never liked London much anyway, Old Man. Shall we away to Marrakesh? Drugs are *really* cheap down there."

Everyone needs to flee to Cairo, not Marrakesh, so they can do a mummy season with Lyle if they get picked up for next year.

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well all the people they tested the drug on were "alive" and not "reanimated alive" so I have a feeling it might not have the calming effect they hope.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Your Gay Uncle posted:

Well all the people they tested the drug on were "alive" and not "reanimated alive" so I have a feeling it might not have the calming effect they hope.

Well, the drug isn't going to do anything about Lily's enhanced strength. Even if they make her as docile as a kitten she'll still have the strength of a lioness, and that can have corrupting influences all its own, and perhaps even make her MORE dangerous.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why can't they just let her be the murderous whore warlord she wants to be?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why can't they just let her be the murderous whore warlord she wants to be?

Because back then it was the style of the time to lobotomize free-thinkin' wimminfolk whose uteri done got twisted and all fulla th'humors what make women deny their *true natures*. :bahgawd:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I hope the heroes fail. Thatd be a killer ending to the series.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

BlindSite posted:

I hope the heroes fail. Thatd be a killer ending to the series.

Yeah, it's stupid to limit this to being part of our world/universe. But, for now at least, this Sunday is a "Season Finale," not a *Series* Finale.

Nothus Infelix
Jan 1, 2006
Scelesti vulgus superstitiosus ignavusque sunt.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Because back then it was the style of the time to lobotomize free-thinkin' wimminfolk whose uteri done got twisted and all fulla th'humors what make women deny their *true natures*. :bahgawd:
Lobotomies didn't come into vogue until well into the 20th century. Frankenstein and Jekyll were ahead of their time.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Nothus Infelix posted:

Lobotomies didn't come into vogue until well into the 20th century. Frankenstein and Jekyll were ahead of their time.

As were Vanessa's doctors at the asylum, apparently.

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
I'm not sure why Lily isn't just busting out of the chair and crushing their skulls, she is at least on par with Caliban(I don't care if he has a real person name :colbert:) if not stronger and we've seen him rip a person in half and smash through the steel cell door. Unless she's just pretending in order to see where this is going. Or I guess it could be a dumb ~plot~ thing.

I mostly want to see Dorian get punched through a wall tbh.

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Jun 15, 2016

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
How does Dorian die? Someone has to burn his painting or something? I vaguely remember him having to look at his painting for him to die but he's done that in the show and he's fine.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Your Gay Uncle posted:

How does Dorian die? Someone has to burn his painting or something? I vaguely remember him having to look at his painting for him to die but he's done that in the show and he's fine.

In the original book he stabs the painting himself, and when they find the body it's the old and malformed one, while the painting itself has reverted to looking like him in his youth. In the show it's looking at his painting that actually heals him (or it was, before they decided he get shot and stabbed like Lily without feeling any pain or anything), so they're obviously changing the rules a bit.

He is completely screwed if Lily gets loose, because she knows where the painting is and even if she doesn't know how it connects to his immortality she at least knows that it's important to him. She's gonna burn that thing to ash.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

ShakeZula posted:

He is completely screwed if Lily gets loose, because she knows where the painting is and even if she doesn't know how it connects to his immortality she at least knows that it's important to him. She's gonna burn that thing to ash.

Somehow I have a feeling Dorian underestimated Lily's capacity for forethought, and that *Justine* knows where the painting is as well, with specific instructions on what to do with it if she disappears or 'something happens to her.'

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 11:22 on Jun 15, 2016

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

But, for now at least, this Sunday is a "Season Finale," not a *Series* Finale.
Wait, I thought this season was gonna be nine episodes? This Sunday is just the eighth episode.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Nothus Infelix posted:

If I remember right, Vanessa's lobotomy was more of a trepanning than a lobotomy was we know it (eg, stick a spike in the eye socket, hit it with a hammer)

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Nordick posted:

Wait, I thought this season was gonna be nine episodes? This Sunday is just the eighth episode.

The're airing both episodes at once.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

Open Source Idiom posted:

The're airing both episodes at once.

I hope that airing both on the same night isn't a bad omen. :ohdear:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mouse Dresser posted:

I hope that airing both on the same night isn't a bad omen. :ohdear:

Gonna beat GoT to the finale and maybe boost their views because of it.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

Gonna beat GoT to the finale and maybe boost their views because of it.

This is what I suspect.

If Showtime cancels this show after one season, will this be the first multi-season show that Showtime has cancelled without a finale? At least I can't remember the last time they've done that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I thought I saw somewhere that they got a 4th for 8 episodes, but I can't find it anywhere.

• Locked thread