Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

Vice President for Compliance and Governmental Relations

Well loving done.

Fake edit: "fuckup" is in IOS 8's predictive text library. Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvUk8PCXa4E

The Orgasm Sanction
Dec 30, 2006

Svelte

Holy gently caress, what inspired this?

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
Does Oburger lack family value meals?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

:vince:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

We tortured some folks.

mambo italiano
Apr 4, 2009
Rubble rubble

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

mambo italiano posted:

Rubble rubble

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Intel5 posted:

Holy gently caress, what inspired this?

Just everdraed being everdraed I guess.

iyaayas01
Feb 19, 2010

Perry'd
Duffelblog is reporting real news again.

I was chuckling through the whole thing but I lost it at "Joint Direct Advice Munition."

Okay I lied, this is the real news:

quote:

First, we will begin conducting airstrikes inside Syria at a time and place of our choosing. Under the direction of Gen. Lloyd Austin at Central Command, the military will target key militant facilities, armament, and weaponry, until they smarten up and completely blend in with the local populace.

While we bomb ISIL, which is fighting against the Free Syrian Army, Jabhat al-Nusra, and Syrian President Bashar al-Assad — who we don’t want to support because he’s a war criminal but we’re kind of supporting him but nevermind that — we will support moderate elements of the Free Syrian Army, which is fighting ISIL, Jabhat al-Nusra, and Assad.

We will take great pains to not enter someone else’s civil war, because that’s a first class ticket to failure.

Second, we will train moderate Syrian rebels and Iraqi security forces to take the fight to ISIL. As our experience has taught us in Iraq, the key to winning a war in the Middle East is to train up locals to “own” the battle and take charge of their future. In Mosul, we saw how our training efforts truly paid off, as Iraqi Army units bravely held ground when attacked by militants.

Our troops have long shown what can be achieved with shifting objectives, no strategic foresight, and vigorous support from the American people who don’t have to sacrifice anything. I call on each and every American to tie a yellow ribbon around a tree, bake an American flag cake, and support the troops who are fighting for your freedom.

iyaayas01 fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Sep 20, 2014

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

iyaayas01 posted:

Duffelblog is reporting real news again.

I was chuckling through the whole thing but I lost it at "Joint Direct Advice Munition."

Okay I lied, this is the real news:

this is the best quote from that first link's comments.

quote:

Winning those hearts and minds is what its really all about. Surely there is some advice that would have a sufficient communication radius to convince them we are just there to help. They don't even need to know the advice is coming if the delivery systems use enough altitude...just a sudden flash of insight.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Sep 20, 2014

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqY4oesYSPo

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

"Idiot US College Students" is triple redundant.

Slugs
Mar 11, 2014
http://www.longwarjournal.org/archives/2014/09/al_nusrah_front_thre.php

It is interesting that an Al Nursrah would threaten Hezbollah while releasing other hostages. They were using their releasing of hostages as a counter to ISIS being so brutal.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003

Well, at least 2 people told him to gently caress off.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

So why are school shootings bad?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

zombie303 posted:

So why are school shootings bad?

Because they get poorly written reactionary legislation pushed through.

Still waiting on the great state of NY to tell me if I am a dangerous, mentally unstable person who should never ever own guns or not.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Still waiting on the great state of NY to tell me if I am a dangerous, mentally unstable person who should never ever own guns or not.

Dangerous, mentally unstable people should be the only people with guns.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

poo poo, I live in upstate NY and I'm 70%. What are they thinking about doing to us?

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Part of the SAFE act is a five-year firearm purchase/possession ban on people who get reported as involuntary commitments or dangerous by their mental health providers. Reporting compliance is supposed to be mandatory, but a lot of VA docs are telling NY to go gently caress itself. The big problem is that there is no way to check what your status is. I've been trying to find out because I voluntarily spent a week in the nuthouse last year during some bad times.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Part of the SAFE act is a five-year firearm purchase/possession ban on people who get reported as involuntary commitments or dangerous by their mental health providers. Reporting compliance is supposed to be mandatory, but a lot of VA docs are telling NY to go gently caress itself. The big problem is that there is no way to check what your status is. I've been trying to find out because I voluntarily spent a week in the nuthouse last year during some bad times.

Generally, you can't deny someone a civil right unless they've been formally declared Mentally Defective by a judge. That's not an easy thing to get done.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Patient confidentiality is a big loving thing to medical personnell because without it, people won't come, and they'll either spread Manila antibiotics resistant gonorrhea across the entire flight deck or they'll abstain from getting mental health care and instead go on a rampage or re-enlist or some other dumb poo poo. There's constantly some politician shitheel trying to undermine it to "protect the public/our children" and they're mostly just told to go get right proper hosed.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress politicians

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

Generally, you can't deny someone a civil right unless they've been formally declared Mentally Defective by a judge. That's not an easy thing to get done.

IIRC NY is taking a 'so loving sue us then' approach to this issue

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Snowdens Secret posted:

And those of us who have sought help for mental health really don't want to be dragged into a high profile court case over it.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Snowdens Secret posted:

I imagine that the NRA is building a case as we speak.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Zeroisanumber posted:

The NRA's been doing this in NY for a while, especially regarding concealed carry, and it hasn't done much. :( Stupid, stupid New York.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008

Zeroisanumber posted:

I'm sure SAF's working on it. But like AB said, you need to find a willing and otherwise spotless (and really, preferably minority and/or veteran or something sympathetic) plaintiff, and you have to be ready to slog through the courts for years.

the dad farm
Dec 6, 2005

move to VT, we still have no gun laws and give zero fucks

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

the dad farm posted:

OTOH, dad farm lives there and it is also very unlikely to recieve a 50MT dose of sunshine in world war 3, because there's nothing in VT. :colbert:

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

orange juche posted:

OTOH, dad farm lives there and it is also very unlikely to recieve a 50MT dose of sunshine in world war 3, because there's nothing in VT. :colbert:

Boston might get hit, maybe you could get radiation sickness from the fallout and watch your loved ones die slowly in front of you over the course of several days. You lucky dog, you.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

And those of us who have sought help for mental health really don't want to be dragged into a high profile court case over it.

I am party to one currently. I feel confident my 2nd amendment rights will be restored, as I'm also not seeking damages, just redress.

:)

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001
I should clarify, I'm party to a case, but my counsel is helping ensure my case isn't high profile. ;)

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Obama Africanus posted:

I should clarify, I'm party to a case, but my counsel is helping ensure my case isn't high profile. ;)

If the NY lawyers find your posting history, they're going to cite it as grounds to repeal the 2nd Amendment.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Boston might get hit, maybe you could get radiation sickness from the fallout and watch your loved ones die slowly in front of you over the course of several days. You lucky dog, you.

If you're not getting incinerated by the heat blast or turned into paste by the pressure wave you're not dying in armageddon properly.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Bolow posted:

If you're not getting incinerated by the heat blast or turned into paste by the pressure wave you're not dying in armageddon properly.

gently caress you imma get eaten by mutant cannibals while laughing at all you faggots who partied like it's 1945.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

the dad farm posted:

is VT a cool place to be y/n

Ive been there once when i stopped in a grocery store when driving home from NH and some weird vegetarian lady chased my sister around and it freaked her out a bunch

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Victor Vermis posted:

gently caress you imma get eaten by mutant cannibals while laughing at all you faggots who partied like it's 1945.

VV is gonna wind up a skull on top of a pile of radioactive poo poo after the apocalypse

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I'm going to die horribly of radiation poisoning. I intend to run around naked tyler durden style bleeding out of every orifice and sore on people screaming YOU DON'T KNOW WHERE I'VE BEEN before expiring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Every gip thread except for the Dogges Thread eventually turns into discussion about the apocalypse, we are that hobo in rags with the cardboard sign proclaiming the end of the world.

• Locked thread