Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Hitler B. Natural posted:

No, there's a difference between satire and straight-up pranging an angry bear in the balls with an elastic band. I'm sure the staunchly anti-racist Charb appreciates the difference now, or he would if he weren't lying dead in his office, riddled with bullets.

For context:

It's about the Rabaa Massacre in Egypt. Chic comme de la baise. Counterpoint:

"If Mohammed returned..."
"I'm the prophet, idiot!"
"SHUT UP, INFIDEL!"

Hmmm yes on the other hand No One Murdered Because Of This Image :nws:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

People dying for expressing themselves is definitely real lovely, but the racist backlash this is going to cause shouldn't be ignored. Especially since it does tend to cause murder of its own.

Bigots like Kirschen fan the flames of hate.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!

Rorus Raz posted:

People dying for expressing themselves is definitely real lovely, but the racist backlash this is going to cause shouldn't be ignored. Especially since it does tend to cause murder of its own.

Yeah, you can really see how sad humanity is sometimes. Everything is so hosed up, I have several french colleagues and everyone is really stunned.
The sad part is how one part goes, islam is bad, kill all muslims, and the others that go so good to see 12 people die, they had it coming...

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa
I'm going to go back to bed now. When I return I swear this thread better be back to being about Pants Donkey edits and other jolly stuff!

:smithicide: :france:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Murder is bad, racism is bad, both are demonstrably in abundance already in this new year of 2015. All is poo poo. :toot:

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Fried Chicken posted:

"gently caress this guy, not for what he did, but for the inevitable cartoonist response"?

Nope.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Rorus Raz posted:

Barely a week into this year and poo poo already sucks :smith:

To be fair, we inherited this year from the previous administration.

boblemoche
Apr 11, 2008
Just posting my little tribute to an old Charlie Hebdo drawing from the Mohamed cartoons controversy :

http://i.imgur.com/D5umnEs.jpg :nws:

Mohamed : a star is born !

Edit : linked, it's NWS.

boblemoche fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jan 7, 2015

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Great, now SA's servers will be targetted by ISIS. What have you doooonnneee!

Islamic Extremists hurt mainline Islam, AGC.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

CommieGIR posted:

Islamic Extremists hurt mainline Islam, AGC.

... it was the original intent?

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

I think that's literally what he's saying?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

These types of posts are necessary from time to time as it reminds us why political cartoonists feel the need to excessively label.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

The bigotry parade has been exceedingly quick to respond to the deaths on other websites. A few minutes ago someone posted a picture of someone using bacon as a bookmark for the Qur'an. This year stinks!

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

KimotaBoom posted:

So how about some anarchist webcomics as a change of pace? These are all from RednBlackSalamander on deviantart. They have a bunch more comics in their gallery if you want to look back.

That's actually pretty impressive. It's like DnD off our metaphorical meds and we all got really really bitter and contemptuous.

It's a good cartoon and it seems like a good artist.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rorus Raz posted:

Uhmmm yes, you might even say 4 dead people murdered in their office for expressing haram thoughts is only a minor issue, and the real problem is how a senile old israeli will react, furthermore

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

WitchFetish posted:

Uhmmm yes, you might even say 4 dead people murdered in their office for expressing haram thoughts is only a minor issue, and the real problem is how a senile old israeli will react, furthermore
You're an idiot.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

WitchFetish posted:

So only one bad thing can result from a tragedy? Thanks, good to know.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

gently caress that's a good Latuff :smith:

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rorus Raz posted:

You're an idiot.

Shouldn't you make a cute donkey edit about the whole thing? Maybe a donkey with his pants around his ankle getting murdered by terrorists for freely expressing himself? That would be hilarious, right?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

WitchFetish posted:

Shouldn't you make a cute donkey edit about the whole thing? Maybe a donkey with his pants around his ankle getting murdered by terrorists for freely expressing himself? That would be hilarious, right?

Rorus Raz posted:

You're an idiot.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Woah shots fired son!

Anyway I hope they catch these fuckers soon cuz I have family in Paris. I am interested in the cartoons to come out of this however.

Post 9-11 User
Apr 14, 2010

Jedit posted:

I don't think the cover that said "The Koran is poo poo, it doesn't stop bullets" while depicting the shooting of an Arab stereotype of the kind we regularly spit upon McCoy for using was in any way helpful.

Get back to me when either McCoy is stabbed to death for being a miserable waste of space with awful opinions.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

:unsmigghh: FATALITY :unsmigghh:

FLAWLESS VICTORY

Latuff usually has the best turnaround time for a good cartoon after some tragedy occurs.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

First off, nobody said it was minor. Just that there is going be a wave of anti-Muslim rhetoric coming from this, and in the past this has caused violence against Muslims or even just people who resemble Muslims.

Second, Kirschen isn't a senile old man just shouting into the void. Yes, in a world that made sense he'd be the greeter at an Israeli Wal-Mart making the guys collecting the carts uncomfortable with his racist ranting, but instead he's a fairly prominent cartoonist with influence. He has raised over $25,000 in a vile campaign to further dehumanize Palestinians and harass the so-called "traitor Jews" that support them.

Yes, it is horrible that people died for expressing themselves, and there is going to be a chilling effect on what certain people can write or say because the companies they work for don't want to rock the boat. But I guarantee you in the coming days that ISN'T going to be a contentious opinion. Meanwhile, "Muslims are people too." will goddamn certainly be a controversial opinion to have. Because we live in a lovely world where a bigoted crank with literally no talent can make a living being a hateful old poo poo.

So basically gently caress you forever.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Rorus Raz posted:

First off, nobody said it was minor. Just that there is going be a wave of anti-Muslim rhetoric coming from this, and in the past this has caused violence against Muslims or even just people who resemble Muslims.

Second, Kirschen isn't a senile old man just shouting into the void. Yes, in a world that made sense he'd be the greeter at an Israeli Wal-Mart making the guys collecting the carts uncomfortable with his racist ranting, but instead he's a fairly prominent cartoonist with influence. He has raised over $25,000 in a vile campaign to further dehumanize Palestinians and harass the so-called "traitor Jews" that support them.

Yes, it is horrible that people died for expressing themselves, and there is going to be a chilling effect on what certain people can write or say because the companies they work for don't want to rock the boat. But I guarantee you in the coming days that ISN'T going to be a contentious opinion. Meanwhile, "Muslims are people too." will goddamn certainly be a controversial opinion to have. Because we live in a lovely world where a bigoted crank with literally no talent can make a living being a hateful old poo poo.

You're an idiot.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Xander77 posted:

You're an idiot.

Why? Kirschen is a deplorable racist rear end in a top hat, and this does feed into his narrative.

Mr. Vile
Nov 25, 2009

And, where there is treasure, there will be Air Pirates.

I don't understand this skulldonkey edit.

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
'They hate us for our freedoms!'

Nothing will change, humans will slowly degenerate back into warring tribes. We are too stupid for civilization.

alnilam
Nov 10, 2009

All Rorus said was that the racist backlash "shouldn't be ignored." Rorus never implied that the shooting itself isn't the worst part of this.
WitchFetish is either trolling or an idiot who doesn't read.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Here are some cartoons on happier subjects.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Rorus Raz posted:

Basically. Not only is this argument ridiculous, its based on something that was never said.

If you want to have an argument with yourself then open up notepad and start typing so we don't have to read it.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Rorus Raz posted:

I can't tell what popular pop song you're parodying, you're gonna have to help me on this one.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Christ do I love Bagley's McConnell. Those eyes!

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Bicyclops posted:

The bigotry parade has been exceedingly quick to respond to the deaths on other websites. A few minutes ago someone posted a picture of someone using bacon as a bookmark for the Qur'an. This year stinks!

Bacon... on the Koran? This grave insult to Islam must cease.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Brannock posted:

Bacon... on the Koran? This grave insult to Islam must cease.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/22/pork-laced-bullets-designed-to-send-muslims-straight-to-hell_n_3480150.html

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

forgot the other hand, no ring, lazy

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

WitchFetish posted:

I can't tell what popular pop song you're parodying, you're gonna have to help me on this one.

I'm kinda curious why you're acting like a little poo poo like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hitler B. Natural
Feb 11, 2014

WitchFetish posted:

Okay, this is about more than massacred French people.

• Locked thread