Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
whats ur poison
beer (american piss)
beer (hipster craft poo poo)
beer (german wheat beer)
beer (blonde)
beer (brown (belgian)
white wine
red wine
whiskey
vodka
other liquor
my tears after a long day of programming
piss
water
gas
View Results

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol

16 beers is manageable but depends on the strength, 24 standard drinks in a day is a lot but spread out is doable but i wouldn't be good the next day

envious of du haste superior liver function

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
also i'm drinking responsibly tonight by compensating for the beer calories by not having dinner

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
if it makes you feel better, i smoke an eighth of weed and a pack of cigs with this.

i am hoping to die at 40. im basicalyl a walkign meme

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
im secretly waiting for a heart attack or get bowel cancer and then metastasize and then use that as an excuse ro get into methamphetamine and speedballs

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

echinopsis posted:

im secretly waiting for a heart attack or get bowel cancer and then metastasize and then use that as an excuse ro get into methamphetamine and speedballs

why wait? speedballs make u feel reall really good. actually now that i think about it you sohuld probably refrain from doing them, though they are awesome until the consequences come

i gave up hard drugs years ago, was a junkie that did whatever could be put in a spoon. now i just am on a path to drink myself to death. that said i have a good job and dont wake up hung over or anything so im not sure how much of a problem it is, and i dont get the shakes if i go a couple days without. drinking is afun and amusing way to commit suicide,while you slowly destroy your family relationships and health - i highly recommend it. goal is to be dead by 40 so i'm only 11 years away :iamafag:

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

du -hast posted:

It is truly baffling to me that it yosposters are not as alcoholic as they used to be or claimed to be

its almost like im the only one that drinks 16 beers every day then goes to work, and a whole 24 on the weekends. im not proud of it in any way but im surprised that im in the minority on this one tbqh

godspeed yosfriend

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

man i feel terrible the next day if I have like 6 standard drinks in a night and going up to 8 just wrecks me

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i had many drinks saturday night including SCORPION BOWLS and let me tell u i was having a p not great sunday

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
what's a scropion bowl

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

du -hast posted:

why wait? speedballs make u feel reall really good. actually now that i think about it you sohuld probably refrain from doing them, though they are awesome until the consequences come

i gave up hard drugs years ago, was a junkie that did whatever could be put in a spoon. now i just am on a path to drink myself to death. that said i have a good job and dont wake up hung over or anything so im not sure how much of a problem it is, and i dont get the shakes if i go a couple days without. drinking is afun and amusing way to commit suicide,while you slowly destroy your family relationships and health - i highly recommend it. goal is to be dead by 40 so i'm only 11 years away :iamafag:
do not counsel suicide in the 'pos

Mr SuperAwesome
Apr 6, 2011

im from the bad post police, and i'm afraid i have bad news
kinda hoping that this is gimmick posting cos its a bit :smith: m8

drinking to have fun: cool
drinking to get very drunk and escape ur sad computer job: also cool
drinking to kill urself: dont do this m8

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

what's a scropion bowl

well rum and fruit juice in a bowl

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
drink more water

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

I like to drink Craft Beer :smugdog:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Drink exactly one beer a day, every day,. forever, ftw....

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

du -hast posted:

if it makes you feel better, i smoke an eighth of weed and a pack of cigs with this.

i am hoping to die at 40. im basicalyl a walkign meme

What happens if your ambitions don't pan out, though?

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
just another day in the drinking thread

quick reminder that alcohol is a scourge and the shame of a nation

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
andorra, a nation with ~70,000 people on it, consumed approximately 57 liters of wine per person in 2014, exempting minors

that is approximately 76 standard 750ml bottles, nearly 1.5 bottles per week for every adult.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

us/canada aren't even in the top ten of countries worldwide for alcohol consumption per capita

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
Drinking in moderation is fun and enjoyable

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe
i bought and drank some suntory toki this weekend and it was good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed

Kenny Logins posted:

andorra, a nation with ~70,000 people on it, consumed approximately 57 liters of wine per person in 2014, exempting minors

that is approximately 76 standard 750ml bottles, nearly 1.5 bottles per week for every adult.

Meh, I know a girl who drinks about 1.5 bottles per day.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kenny Logins posted:

us/canada aren't even in the top ten of countries worldwide for alcohol consumption per capita

which means we don't have far to go to reduce it to zero

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

the 80/20 rule surely holds for drinkers. in some places it's 90/10. applying a teetotalling purity test to the majority of people who only account for the minority of consumption is a worthless waste of time

fun fact: in french, alcohol is "alcool", and should be the preferred nomenclature for obvious reasons

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
100% of people should not drink

Alcohol: It's A Scourge!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

counterpoint: trump makes a public show of neverdrinking and maybe would be a better person had he done so, publically and in moderation, or else not had to do so, likely to excess, in shame and in private

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
countercounterpoint: lol if you think trump is honest about his temperance in any form

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

Stymie posted:

100% of people should not quote Stymie

Stymie : It's A Scourge!

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

that's a little more than 1.5dl a day, which is basically one properly filled glass of wine

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

you'll notice I clearly allowed for Trump being a closet drinker

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

The_Franz posted:

that's a little more than 1.5dl a day, which is basically one properly filled glass of wine
yeah. it's wild that on average 70k adults do it though

a glass of wine/day habit (assuming you have the $) is not worth censuring imo

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
alcohol barely counts as a drug anyway. it affects nearly every part of your body systematically, instead of targeting some specific metabolic pathway, and active doses are measured in tens of grams, where most drugs are milligrams or less. in those senses it behaves much more like a food product, like sugar or salt or vinegar, than like any drug we know of

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

alcohol barely counts as a drug anyway. it affects nearly every part of your body systematically, instead of targeting some specific metabolic pathway, and active doses are measured in tens of grams, where most drugs are milligrams or less. in those senses it behaves much more like a food product, like sugar or salt or vinegar, than like any drug we know of

well

other food products don't tend to be carcinogenic, cause physical dependence, cause chirrosis, or contribute significantly towards domestic abuse statistics (amongst other social ills)

ask any ED doctor on a saturday night if your statement about vinegar stands true :razz:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

echinopsis posted:

well

other food products don't tend to be carcinogenic, cause physical dependence, cause chirrosis, or contribute significantly towards domestic abuse statistics (amongst other social ills)

ask any ED doctor on a saturday night if your statement about vinegar stands true :razz:

Better yet: buy him a few vinegars at the corner bar and just listen to the stories!

:allears:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

watch out when he drinks some piss to go with it though

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

alcohol is literally poison but it's pretty fun, and we can make beverages that taste good with it

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

dont get me wrong i drink a fuckton but i am pretty content with my life all things considered. it doesnt interfere with my work quality at all, im never hung over at work or anything, and can go days without drinking.

i live alone with a cat and work graveyard so dont really have friends per se, so a bunch of beers and a doobie or 10 while watching tv and petting my catte is realy not something i am unhappy with, though im sure its gonna catch up to me in the next 10 or so years and turn my life into a living hell

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
beer good

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

The :shobon:est glass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

du -hast