Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
Yay! I got a little better! Theoretically though I think that I'm probably out of the roster for at least two months, maybe three (presuming I live through surgery that is).

But, Redshirt Lad got bled! If he's lucky he might not even end up dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Ophelia Balzac looks on the VHS player and cassettes with a pang of nostalgia. Such machines were state-of-the-art before the bombs fell in her previous life. Now, where or whenever she has found herself, they are considered relics. Ophelia considers the choice of entertainment on offer, and puts her vote in for watching John Dark Jeanne D’Arc. Surely, an inspiring tale from France’s glorious history would be good for esprit de corps.

The Twilight War seemed ever more distant to the Frenchwoman, increasingly dream-like with each passing day. This strange world where the impossible had happened when NATO and the Warsaw Pact didn’t set the world alight was starting to grow on Ophelia. She couldn’t wait to visit Paris and bask in its non-nuclear cratered beauty.

Owing to her time living hand-to-mouth as a roaming mercenary in post-Twilight Europe, Ms. Balzac is incredibly cagey. She’s used to a world where highwaymen and hunger were facts of life. When she does warm up and relax a little, she is affable enough, though still watches her food like a hawk. Her francophile leanings can be grating after a while, but she is simply stoked as poo poo that her homeland isn’t rubble in this world.

Ophelia has light a light olive complexion and an overall fidgety demeanor. She keeps her dark brown hair in a short shag cut, which keeps it out of her warily darting green eyes and off of her pleasantly androgynous face. Her build is slim, and she binds her already modest breasts in order to make her more easily mistaken for a man. She speaks in an accent, somewhere between French and Polish, which she attributes to “time studying abroad.”

Ophelia needs to work on her abysmal Motivation so she can start learning about this crazy alternate timeline and improve her skills.

E: I eagerly await taking 9000 damage to the brain

Pvt.Scott fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Aug 3, 2018

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Julian Niemczyk doesn't offer up much in the way of thoughtful anecdotes about his life if the Czech Republic other than stupid hazing stories of collecting his rival units shoes and duct taping them into a ball, or throwing supermarket roast chickens into the ceiling fan of the unit club, "to ensure a good even distribution of food".
Julian claims he is a quarter Greek and that he is acting in tradition with smashing plates, a story the mess mole does not buy and he sends a lot of time cleaning up his misbehaviour.
Julian is an average shot and an unremarkable tactician, but always has spare rations secreted away and is generous with sharing them round.

Because he is a pig and not on active duty. Julian increases his Size.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

LatwPIAT posted:

I haven't rolled for the reserves yet. One second...

Congratulations. Casval has 0.7 Learning Points in his Indirect Fire skill. The skill level is still 0.

Ah, ok. My mistake. I misunderstood how the whole thing worked.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
How many people are on the reserve rolls at one time?

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Top Hats Monthly posted:

How many people are on the reserve rolls at one time?

There's always ten operators active. Everyone else are considered in reserve, and there's no limit to how many people can be in the reserve.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Jesus Shepard is the youngest of four kids born and raised in south Texas, and he is the black sheep of his family in that, instead of taking either to religion or studying fervorously, he decide that he had enough cajoling and bullying in those environments that he decided to have nothing to do with either of those aspects of life. Instead, he found that being a juvenile delinquent was much more fun, and petty theft and minor vandalism were his favorite hobbies.

When he finished high school, he had no real opportunities to speak of, except for enlisting in the Army to try and make something out of his life. Instead, he found out that the same guile that he had throughout his life made his superiors' (and his) lives a nightmare. While his antics were extremely aggravating for his superiors, they didn't really had anything to pin on him that warranted an outright discharge. Until one night where he got careless and got caught doing one last antic that "pissed the Sergeant off so goddamned much".

Faced with the choice between a dishonorable discharge or being shipped to FACCT, he had no choice but to accept being shipped overseas, on the basis that "I can't see how I'm going to get paid for pissing people off outside the military".

He is more MOTivated than ever to continue his antics.

Space Kablooey fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 5, 2018

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Nerimantas Pakirkšnutis had a tough time deciding what he'd do in life. Growing poor in rural Lithuania does that people. Luckily for Nerimantas, he didn't end an alcoholic like so many peers. He owes that to seeing a moonshine still experience an inexplicable cascading failure that disintegrated the swill in a ball of fire. That's how Nerimantas learned that he loved explosions. He also found out that he preferred to be a safe-distance away from them, since his uncle got killed in the explosion by an errant piece of repurposed kitchen sink that lodged in his head.

So it was only natural that Nerimantas enrolled in the Lithuanian military. They were the guys making the explosions, after all. He even got to fire a Carl-Gustav once or twice - when there was funding for ammo, at least. As a volunteer, he was placed in some of the most respected units in the military, but he didn't really excel. However, he found himself in hot water when it came to light that he took out a loan to go to Vietnam and fire RPG-7s at cows and chickens. So when FACCT came scrounging for men and women, he was one of the first voluntold to go.

Nerimantas is a little disappointed with the lack of explosive-related action that the unit sees these days. He believes that some of the missions would have gone a lot better by having a grenadier with an RPG-7 to engage the enemy.

Just give me +1 to whatever stat that makes it most likely for Nerimantas to shoot RPGs at people.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Kommando posted:

Because he is a pig and not on active duty. Julian increases his Size.

I applaud your commitment to roleplay

Flamester
Dec 30, 2012
Burt Gummer, a only child born in Nashville Tennessee followed the long standing family tradition of joining the military, like his father, and his father's father, all the way up to his great-great grandfather who served in the civil war. He joined the military right after he recived his bachelor's degree in criminal justice from the Nasville commmunity college.

His family history and college ROTC training was sure to help him rise through the ranks quickly, at least until he heard about FACCT. Duped by the publicity he made the worst choice in his life and joined the First Allied Combined Commando Troop. At least there his cock sure arrogance wouldn't be out of place.

Skill to whatever makes sense, unless I can get Leadership to 19.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
The enigmatic Alamy insists that they are not an actual soldier, that they have no military credentials, and that when they get home they are going to sue the hell out of their agent. Owing to the complexities of FACCT's enabling legislation it turns out 'not being a real soldier' is no bar to being employed by the unit, and despite theoretically being a volunteer outfit any attempt to leave would be counted as desertion so for now Alamy is stuck on the base. She is at least able to take the time to work on a screenplay detailing the strange turn her life has taken.

Increase a random stat please.

scratch that, increase Agility

thatbastardken fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 5, 2018

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!
Sad Billy had a strange life as a child. The son of a Lord who lived in rural Norfolk, he was home-schooled by his father and had no interaction with other children his age, who were considered his social inferiors. Things changed during his teens, when his parents perished while on a boating holiday.
Billy didn't know much about other people or the world in general. He did know about the laying down of accurate fire. His father was an artillery enthusiast, his interest had been passed on down to his son, as had his disdain for the lower classes. One fateful day, some squatters moved into some buildings on the grounds. Billy knew what to do.
His father also had a private collection of artillery pieces, complete with ammo.

Every speck of dirt on the estate had been pre-registered during roleplay with his father. Over the course of a day, Billy moved the artillery pieces out of the museum. He put them into place and stocked them with shells.
He then scouted the area to see what the squatters were doing. Once he was satisfied that he knew their disposition, he returned to his artillery and made his adjustments.

In the aftermath he was sent to a youth detention centre. The authorities didn't quite know what to do with him. He had committed mass murder but his mental state was unusual, to say the least. Living with other youths forced him to grow up a little, especially rough less privileged kids like in the home. He got lost in the system and was eventually released back into society. Billy then joined a few merc groups. Progressing from useless to not so useless.
Billy can interact with other people but there is something a bit off about him, he is poor at reading people, he is aware of this shortcoming though, so tends not to engage in conversation. When he does though, the people he talks to feel somewhat uncomfortable.

He is very good at directing fire though.

If I'm not too late, can I have a +1 in something related to forward observing please?

Sad King Billy fucked around with this message at 10:00 on Aug 5, 2018

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

Hey, quick question to LawPIAT: Did we lose the Ma Deuce last mission or is it in the shop for repairs or something? I was looking at our TO&E at noticed it was missing.

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

HereticMIND posted:

Hey, quick question to LawPIAT: Did we lose the Ma Deuce last mission or is it in the shop for repairs or something? I was looking at our TO&E at noticed it was missing.

Me being lazy and forgetting to put the stuff from Rangers Lead The Way into your inventory.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

LatwPIAT posted:

Me being lazy and forgetting to put the stuff from Rangers Lead The Way into your inventory.

Hey, no worries! It's all good! Was just wondering, that's all.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Yay, Nerimantas is active and hoping not to die!

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I just checked my toons stats. Julian has two 17s and a 16, 8s in guns and cqc.
I'm actually a pretty good operator.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Bullet don't care, bullet just wants to crack open yr skull meats

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Nothing going on in my quiet corner of the Pacific.

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.

sebmojo posted:

Bullet don't care, bullet just wants to crack open yr skull meats

The only stats that are important are the ones like Medical, Indirect Fire or Forward Observation. In short, the ones that motivate the mission planners to put you somewhere safe and try to make sure you don't get shot immediately.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

All right I guuuuuuuess.

Ricky Marcano was a smooth operator from the time he came out of the womb in his best "Paint me like one of your French girls" pose. He went from baby to babe city in high school, charming the pants (literally) off of every girl (except the teachers because that's illegal, maaaaaan).

He joined the army right out of high school to meet all the best ladies of every continent (and sometimes the best guys because Ricky don't discriminate yo). He kept his perfect mustache waxed more than he kept his gun oiled, and was eventually contracted such a string of STDs in Hong Kong in such a short time span that the doctor reacted to him taking his pants off by screaming in horror and attempting to light his genitals on fire. With his skills, the only way out was up. To the FACCT, baby.

Whatever +1 you want to give him after reading that.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

All right I guuuuuuuess.

Ricky Marcano was a smooth operator from the time he came out of the womb in his best "Paint me like one of your French girls" pose. He went from baby to babe city in high school, charming the pants (literally) off of every girl (except the teachers because that's illegal, maaaaaan).

He joined the army right out of high school to meet all the best ladies of every continent (and sometimes the best guys because Ricky don't discriminate yo). He kept his perfect mustache waxed more than he kept his gun oiled, and was eventually contracted such a string of STDs in Hong Kong in such a short time span that the doctor reacted to him taking his pants off by screaming in horror and attempting to light his genitals on fire. With his skills, the only way out was up. To the FACCT, baby.

Whatever +1 you want to give him after reading that.

Obviously CQC. Ricky has plenty of experience with grappling.

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"
"I loving love Fury! Always good to watch those MG42-loving Nazis eat a dick."

Name: Delgado, Barry aka “Bac”
DIDN: 7735277592
MOS: 18D (Special Forces Medical Sergeant)
Previous Billet: 7th Special Forces Group (Airborne) at Eglin AFB
Enlisted: 02/08/10 on an 18X Contract
Deployments: Colombia (JCET with AFEUR, 2013-2014), Honduras (JCET with El Tigres, 2016), Afghanistan (OFS in Nangahar Province, 2017), El Salvador (JCET with CEAT, 2018), REDACTED (REDACTED with REDACTED)
Enlisted Evaluation Report: REDACTED

Comments and Commentary: We’re very happy to be sending SSG Delgado to FACCT. He’s one hell of a soldier. Great medic. Extremely fit, routinely posts the highest PT scores of his A-team. Strong soldiering skills. Tactically proficient. Dude can run with the wolves.

Offset all this with a volcanic temper. Zero tolerance for fuckups. Expects everyone to bring their A-game, 24/7. Great when you’re running a shoot house in Bragg. Not so great when we were trying to get the ANP to pull their heads out of their asses in Nangahar. Burned a lot of bridges we spent the next six months rebuilding. Only thing that saved his rear end was saving the rear end of that news crew in J-Bad. Battalion commander wasn’t gonna shitcan a guy who’d just gotten a Bronze Star (a real one, too) and landed on the 6 o’clock news. Lucky motherfucker.

Delgado says “BAC” stands for “Bad-rear end Chicano,” but the rumor mill suggests it’s something closer to “Bastard, rear end in a top hat….” Well, you get the idea.

After he put two SEALs in an REDACTED) hospital after a barfight, some pissed-off Rear Admiral at SOCOM personally got him transferred to FACCT. With their casualty rate, I bet they’re gonna need a good medic. Let’s just hope the SEALs haven’t sent a guy, too…

-CPT REDACTED

+1 Medical

Bacarruda fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Aug 7, 2018

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
I'll take my +1 to whichever. Then again I'm out for 2-3 months so it probalby won't matter, but eh.

TO THE MEDBAY!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

As stated previously, Nerimantas "Stug" Pakirkšnutis will take +1 to whatever is the most needed to turn him into an RPG-7 slinging grenadier!

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

As you drukenly drift into sleep your mind is filled with thoughts of Dracula, vampires, and the late Victorian period...

Mission: Sweet Dreams Are Made of These
Oh no! The evil vampire Count Vulkodlak has kidnapped Miss Shinano, intending to turn her into one of the living dead, a nosferatu. Tonight is a full moon, and if you can't save Shinano from Count Vulkodlak's clutches tonight, she'll become an undead monstrosity for sure. Luckily, you've managed to track Vulkodlak to his manor house in the low countries. You've pooled your resources and scrounged together all the weapons and tools you can, and just as night falls you arrive outside Count Vulkodlak's manor house.

Asking around among the locals, you've determined that in addition to Count Vulkodlak there's two female vampires and a handful of servants: Vulkodlak's manservant, a pair of maidservants, and a footman, all surely under Vulkodlak's demonic command.

Lay a plan, deploy anywhere outside the walls of the manor house, and bring back Miss Shinano. To win, you must kill all the vampires and Miss Shinano must survive.

Note 1: Miss Shinano is nursing a grievous arm wound and cannot fight, so Count Vulkodlak can't mind control her to fight you. However, consider that it would be seriously bad if she was killed by a stray shot.
Note 2: You have 5 points to spend on Special Equipment.
Note 3: You have unlimited access to ammunition.

The Vampire Mansion

Ground Floor

1st Floor

Our Heroes

This gives the weight each character can carry and still use the number of actions in the column header, for firearms and melee weapons respectively, in pounds.

Equipment
2x Pattern 1796 Heavy Cavalry Sword (3.1 lbs)
4x Pattern 1796 Cavalry Sabre (1.7 lbs)
9x Blackjack (.5 lbs)
4x Cleavers and hatches (2.5 lbs)
2x Wood Axe (3.5 lbs)
10x Knife (.6 lbs)
8x Bowie knife (1.1 lbs)
10x Lebel M1892 revolver (2.1 lbs)
10x Webley Mk.1 revolver (2.7 lbs)
3x James Prudley & Sons 10-gauge shotgun (10.2 lbs)
10x Holland & Holland 12-guage shotgun (9.7 lbs)
9x Derringer (1.3 lbs)
3x Winchester M94 in 30-30 Winchester (6.8 lbs)
10x Lantern (1.1 lbs)
10x Torch (2.0 lbs, can be used as a club)

Special Equipment
Miss Shinano's personal Maxim machine gun (136 lbs, 2 points)
Claymore (5.8 lbs, 1 point)
5x Medium Dogs with man-killer instincts (1 points each)
5x Bottles of Holy Water (1.0 lbs, 1 points each)

Equipment Details

Melee Weapons
Blackjack: Speed 2.8, WC+0, Blunt 1d5, Reach 1
Knife: Speed 2.8, WC+2, Cutting 1d3+1, Stabbing 1d3, Reach 1
Bowie Knife: Speed 2.8, WC+2, Cutting 1d3+2, Stabbing 1d3, Reach 1
Cleaver: Speed 2.3, WC-1, Cutting 1d4+3, Stabbing 1d3, Reach 1
Cleaver, 2 Hands: Speed 2.3, WC-1, Cutting 1d6+5, Stabbing 1d4, Reach 1
Wood Axe: Speed 1.7, WC-2, Cutting 1d10+6, Stabbing 1d5, Reach 2
Torch: Speed 2.5, WC+0, Blunt 1d4+2, Reach 2
Torch, 2 Hands: Speed 2.6, WC+0, Blunt 1d10+5, Reach 2
Cavalry Sabre: Speed 2.7, WC+1, Cutting 1d4+2, Stabbing 1d3, Reach 1
Heavy Cavalry Sword: Speed 2.3, WC+0, Cutting 1d5+2, Stabbing 1d3, Reach 2+
Heavy Cavalry Sword, Two Hands: Speed 2.5, WC+0, Cutting 1d8+2, Stabbing 1d4, Reach 2+
Claymore: Speed 1.6, WC-4, Cutting 1d12+6, Stabbing 1d6, Reach 3

Derringer

Lebel M1892

Webley Mk.1

Winchester M94

Holland & Holland Shotgun

James Prudley & Sons Shotgun

Maxim Machine Gun

Medium Dogs With Man-Killer Instincts
These dogs will follow any character designated as their handler, and will attack on command. When commanded to attack they will chase after any moving human or vampire character and attempt to subdue them. Multiple characters can be dog-handlers.

LatwPIAT fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Aug 26, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This is going to extremely rule.

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
Oh hell yes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

To arms!

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

This is the life. I'm just lying here in my hammock in Townsville, sipping a G&T.
I don't suppose that 'Cartwash' can use a Derringer if we give her one? I know it says she can't fight but it seems like a very good idea to ensure that everyone is armed before we try to get out.

Also, this absolutely rules. I'll write a plan.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Vampires are notoriously hard to destroy and I'm eager to see this.

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Operation Twilight

Analysis:
1. Mission:
Commander's intent is to free Miss Shinano foremost and destroy every vampire as the secondary objective. Casualties are to be minimised but may be necessary to achieve objectives. Remember: If they kill you they can't turn you.

2. Enemy:
Enemy threat level is evaluated as 2Spooky, all caution must be exercised. Positions of enemies are unknown, although it is likely that the humans are in the servants quarters. The least threatening enemies are the human thralls, who are likely to have very low amounts of initiative but may be abnormally strong or accurate and are possibly armed. The most threatening enemy is Count Vulkodlak, who is likely to be impossible to kill without staking the heart or removing the head, will take a huge amount of damage before going down and will have a variety of supernatural powers including but not limited to super speed, super strength, super senses, wildshape (bat), enthralling members of our team and tax evasion. The female vampires are likely to be less strong because this is the Victorian era. They will also be skimpily clad in all likelihood, making them easier to damage. Likely enemy courses of action include monologuing, listening to the children of the night and killing us all stone dead.

3. Terrain/Weather:
Sadly, it's the middle of the night so we don't have the advantage of sunlight to blast the vamps. Happily, it's the full moon so we'll still be able to see when outside, although the inside of the house may require artificial light. The house is a mix of areas with long sightlines, where human firearms should dominate, and areas with short sightlines, where the speed and power of a vampire at close range will be difficult to deal with.

4. Troops:
Our forces consist of ten highly motivated/stupid humans and a variable number of cute dogs. A wide range of armaments is available, both for melee and ranged combat. Morale is currently good, because LatwPIAT is back.

5. Time:
This is a hasty action, we have to attack immediately to prevent the loss of Miss Shinano.

6. Civilians
Due to the enthralling capabilities of vampires we have to assume that any civilians inside the house are going to kill us. Shoot to kill. If anyone attempts to surrender, cover them by fire and then knock them out and tie them up. They're working class, they barely count as people.

Forces:
I'm going to go with a slightly less prescriptivist approach with this one. The following classes are available:

2x Swashbuckler - Heavy Cavalry Sword, Revolver, Holy Water - Stays at the front, uses their weapons to keep vampires away from friendly forces and to kill downed vampires
2x Paladin - Torch, Revolver, Holy Water, Knife - Stays at the front, uses their weapons to keep vampires away from friendly forces and to kill downed vampires
3x Fighter - Shotgun, Revolver, Knife - Stands behind the Swashbucklers and Paladins, uses the shotguns to down vampires at close range
1x Cleric - Winchester Repeater, Lantern, Knife - Stays at the back, covers long sightlines, provides light when the Paladins are busy
1x Ranger - Winchester Repeater, Dog, Knife - Stays at the back, covers long sightlines, uses the dog as an emergency reserve if outflanked or the melee troops are incapacitated
1x Gunslinger - Winchester Repeater, Blackjack, Knife - Stays at the back, covers long sightlines, styles on people with a blackjack if given the opportunity

Participating troops may select their class and their weapons. I personally recommend the Prudley shotguns for their higher damage output and the Lebel revolvers for their lighter weight but either may be chosen. Knives are entirely at individual discretion.

Execution:
1. Gain fire superiority into the library and mezzanine areas from outside.

2. Assault into the library through the windows.

3. Clear the mezzanine and position the Winchester armed sharpshooters covering the hall.

4. Simultaneously clear the top and bottom sections of the secret passage with a Swashbuckler, a Paladin and a Fighter each, with one Fighter reinforcing the more risky looking passage.

5. Clear the game room and bottom floor of the panic room if accessible. Barricade the panic room door to prevent it from being used as an escape route.

6. Exit the house via the patio and establish a full crossfire across the main hall. If a firefight has developed between the sharpshooters and thralls this should end it.

7. Move to the door to the servant's quarters.

8. Assault the servants quarters. Barricade the secret exit. If no casualties have been sustained station one Fighter to cover the spiral staircase, otherwise barricade it quickly and rely on speed and aggression to paralyse the enemy so that we don't get flanked.

9. Assault the pantry. If there are any blood popsicles or whatever, destroy them.

10. Assault the dining room and parlour.

11. Assault the powder room. That might be the most posh order ever given.

12. Regroup on the mezzanine. Reinforce the assault group with the Gunslinger if any casualties have been sustained. The Cleric and the Ranger continue to cover the hall.

13. Assault the Master Bedroom suite. Force access to the top of the panic room if required. Clear bottom of panic room if not previously cleared, which is much safer from the top down.

14. Move out onto the balcony again and establish fire superiority.

15. Move the sharpshooters to the balcony to cover the guest suite.

16. Assault the laundry room.

17. Assault the North Bedroom suite. If the fighter was detached to the bottom of the staircase they should group up with everyone else once the top of the stairs are clear.

18. Assault the West Bedroom with the assault group and move the sharpshooters up to the door of the South Bedroom.

19. Clear the South Bedroom with all remaining forces.

Courses of action:

General - Keep all firearms cocked at all times because Double Action weapons are really nasty in PC. Reserve shotguns for dealing with vampires, revolvers are lethal enough at these ranges.

Upon finding an enemy human - Engage with Winchesters and Revolvers.

Upon finding a vampire - Use one bottle of holy water and melee arms to keep them from overrunning us, unload all shotguns into the vampire, cut off the head once they've stopped moving.

Upon incapacitating injury to a party member - Extract to the sharpshooter's position if possible and guard. No exfiltration is possible. If movement is not possible, leave the casualty with a loaded revolver.

Upon locating Miss Shinano - Provide necessary medical aid and extract to the sharpshooter's position. Arm her if she's able to carry arms.

Upon multiple casualties - Stiff upper lip, lads.

FrangibleCover fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Aug 26, 2018

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
... You are an ingenious god LatwPIAT.

Its' time to stake names and take a BITE out of.. Wait, the vampires bite.

Nevermind.

HereticMIND
Nov 4, 2012

I assume deaths on this mission don't carry over to other missions?

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!
:lol: Lets hope these vampires die to bullets!

I might have an idea for "Sanaki Shinano's 'Contingency if I Am Ever Captured by Vampires'", but I should ask:

1) Can dogs be mind-controlled by vampires?
2) What are the mechanical effects of holy water?
3) Are there any points on the grounds outside the house that are higher than other points, and can readily look into both ground floor and first floor windows simultaneously?

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

The obvious loadout is everybody carrying as many Derringers as possible. Fire and discard, acquire melee weapons on site. Table legs, candle sticks and fire pokers should be effective against a few maids!

FrangibleCover
Jan 23, 2018

Pvt.Scott posted:

The obvious loadout is everybody carrying as many Derringers as possible. Fire and discard, acquire melee weapons on site. Table legs, candle sticks and fire pokers should be effective against a few maids!

There are rules for dual wielding somewhere, but I can't remember where. 9x Derringer on one person and just smash it does seem like a viable plan though. Drop them as they run dry and grab new ones like Blackbeard.

bibliosabreur
Oct 21, 2017
Well! Anyone remember how to murderize a vampire?

Also, it'll be a good idea to have the nonlethal weaponry on hand--the blackjacks are, I think, there for a reason. At worst, you might need to subdue "Miss Cartwash" nonlethally as she points a broomstick at you lot, convinced that it's a Gatling gun. Or, the Count brainwashes one of you lot.

(Things not to dismiss: vamps can shapeshift in moonlight. There are two female vampires here. Hmmmm.)

Plan Twilight looks like a pretty good sweep-and-clear operation as these things go. The devil will, as always, be in the details.

e: vote changed

bibliosabreur fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Aug 28, 2018

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Davin Valkri posted:

1) Can dogs be mind-controlled by vampires?
2) What are the mechanical effects of holy water?
3) Are there any points on the grounds outside the house that are higher than other points, and can readily look into both ground floor and first floor windows simultaneously?

1) In your research on these foul, ungodly creatures, you found no clear answer on the matter.
2) Before your capture, you learned that vampires shun holy water, and if splashed they react as a man would if splashed with burning oil.
3) No. The terrain surrounding the manor house is fairly flat and plane with the ground floor.

FrangibleCover posted:

There are rules for dual wielding somewhere, but I can't remember where.

Advanced Rules Supplement, under Off-Hand Weapons.

wedgekree
Feb 20, 2013
According to my memories of Bram Stoker, a vampire can be immobilized by shoving a wooden stake through the heart (which merely leaves it paralyzed until the wood is removed), can be destroyed or heavily injured by prolonged exposure to sunlight. Chopping off the head renders the vampire inert (but it can be revived if the head is put back into place).

Romanian myth also states that vampires have an obsession when it comes to counting things, so dependent upon the type of vampire we are facing if someone threw, say, a bag of marbles on the ground this might actually be an effective delaying tactic. Sesame Street was apparently right.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

wedgekree posted:

According to my memories of Bram Stoker, a vampire can be immobilized by shoving a wooden stake through the heart (which merely leaves it paralyzed until the wood is removed), can be destroyed or heavily injured by prolonged exposure to sunlight. Chopping off the head renders the vampire inert (but it can be revived if the head is put back into place).

Romanian myth also states that vampires have an obsession when it comes to counting things, so dependent upon the type of vampire we are facing if someone threw, say, a bag of marbles on the ground this might actually be an effective delaying tactic. Sesame Street was apparently right.

How about we throw a bag of spent Derringers on the ground instead?

• Locked thread