Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Friend got me this for xmas, looking forward to maybe one person ever getting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Need to get someone a shirt to consider hemborger and you'll be a matched set

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Never not consider hemborger!

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Switch port (due out Apr 12) is getting higher reviews than the PS4 version
https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/13-sentinels-aegis-rim
https://opencritic.com/game/10110/13-sentinels-aegis-rim/reviews?sort=newest

There are combat balance changes
https://twitter.com/RPGSite/status/1511343469771599876

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Sentry Guns confirmed nerfed, have to actually think about how to win now

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
V curious if any of this will be patched into the PS4 version, although not that curious, because we all know I'm double dipping.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Apparently there have also been a few retranslated lines to fix errors from the original.

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

As long as they didn't nerf Nenji, I'm sure it'll be fine. He can basically single-handedly take out entire hordes.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Ace Transmuter posted:

Sentry Guns confirmed nerfed, have to actually think about how to win now

Booo

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The more interesting change there to me is that the pilots all seem pretty radically different now because they all have two unique skills.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Miura and Kisaragi were consistently my MVPs, never really used the sentry guns

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Arist posted:

The more interesting change there to me is that the pilots all seem pretty radically different now because they all have two unique skills.

Yeah this has me really excited to replay, some of the generations felt kinda samey between different pilots so this will help spice up combat hopefully!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
I recall the skills being announced a while ago, and I remember being very interested at the time although I can't remember what they were exactly.

Anyway, so long as Limiter Removal and Super Large Missile remain effective I'm good I think...

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
I might buy this game again and try and convince my switch owning friends to purchase it, really feels like it deserves more recognition.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I never replay story focused games but I am tempted to pick it up again. Maybe if it’s successful Vanillaware will port Odin Sphere or Muramasa

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

I didn't use sentries at all in my hard playthrough :smug:

(Because they gave a bad first impression so i thought they sucked)

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Hearing stuff like that makes me very excited to play the game again.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Nobody picked it up on the switch yet? I'm curious about the gameplay changes but not curious enough to drop 60 bux again.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm definitely going to pick it up at some point (because I want to catalog the changes for the LP I'm doing), but I don't know that I have the money to throw around right now.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Other than some balance updates for the mechs they didn't add anything else?

Also I am intrigued on how the switch is going to handle the combat parts, my PS4 pro struggled sometimes when I was wiping out an entire country's population of enemies.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Azubah posted:

Other than some balance updates for the mechs they didn't add anything else?

Also I am intrigued on how the switch is going to handle the combat parts, my PS4 pro struggled sometimes when I was wiping out an entire country's population of enemies.

It sounds like it handles them fine, or at least as well as the PS4 did. It does run at a lower res and they might have toned down the particles or whatever. Still looks good, especially in handheld mode (was originally intended for the Vita anyway). None of the reviews are complaining about performance.

Adventure mode looks identical if you were wondering

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Apr 14, 2022

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1514370352092172294?s=20&t=LivvvY6zvMobIPtU60MxjQ

CONSIDER

HEMBORGER

E:
https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1514373691022331908?s=20&t=LivvvY6zvMobIPtU60MxjQ

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

1. Boil some spaghetti
2. Pour teriyaki sauce on it
3. Dump it in a hot dog bun

Is that the gist of it?

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

JazzFlight posted:

1. Boil some spaghetti
2. Pour teriyaki sauce on it
3. Dump it in a hot dog bun

Is that the gist of it?

Nah, Yakisoba is more tangy/tart cause of the worstershire/ketchup.

bees x1000
Jun 11, 2020

If they haven't announced that the Switch changes are coming to PS4, I'm assuming they're waiting to maximize sales or aren't going to do it at all.

Vanillaware RTS related, GrimGrimoire is getting an updated PS4+Switch port: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NQreEUAoU8

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
I have learned that my favorite form of visual media is blind Let's Plays of 13 Sentinels. So satisfying watching people's brains exploding in real time.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Same but with Outer Wilds

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

hemborger... on the go?

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Ace Transmuter posted:

I have learned that my favorite form of visual media is blind Let's Plays of 13 Sentinels. So satisfying watching people's brains exploding in real time.

Who would you recommend watching?

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Who would you recommend watching?

Woolie Versus was a heck of an experience. Watching bunnytails right now, and she's pretty funny, though she's actually been able to call a few things before they get revealed.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

The VA of Sekigahara also did one that pretty great. Same guy that VAd 9s

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

https://twitter.com/yokotaro/status/1515544336506974211?s=20&t=qBxW1_xrHw1OnQbrjxk47w

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Switch cartridge has a surprise

https://twitter.com/5wayshot/status/1512752713116827652?t=hvpERS6Wlm7WgoV1DKKFRA&s=19

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
But which cat is it?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

There's no way to know until you open the box.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Waffleman_ posted:

There's no way to know until you open the box.

I hate you so much

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/Atlus_West/status/1517250583023046656?t=-veE1fSCLvs9_yrcKq8xUw&s=19

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Excited to try this recipe. A reminder to anyone lucky enough to live near a mitsuwa marketplace in the states, their pastry shop sells these as well!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I love how there's a bunch of Persona fans mad in the replies because they've whipped themselves up in a frenzy over an announcement in April and the tweet said "It's finally time" and I guess they only saw that and not the yakisoba pan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hocus Pocus
Sep 7, 2011

Finally playing this game after hearing how great it was (but intentionally avoiding spoilers) for the better part of a year, now that its on the Switch.

I just hit the 8 hour mark, and the structure of this game is actually genius. The way the game lets you bounce around and follow your curiosity is so engaging. I really feel like I am actively uncovering the game's mysteries. and doing so in a really organic way. There are these great moments where a character will have some seemingly small revelation, but for me its a big "aha!" because suddenly it puts a bunch of other stuff in context. And I love that because it doesn't feel like this super gamified thing, its just me slowly assembling a mental mosaic with the pieces the game has given me.

I like the battles too, they've got a good crunchy feel to the abilities, and they act as a nice palate cleanser. I think letting you control when you do battles is really clever. Sometimes in RPGs you just wanna see that next story beat! And I think if the game forced a battle after every X number of events then I'd end up trying to speed through them. This way I've arrived at my own rhythm, and I reckon I balance spinning the plates of the various character's narratives, the overall mysteries, and the battles pretty well. Great game, can't wait to see the rest of its twists and turns!